post Jan 18 2017, 01:48 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 17 2017, 06:05 PM) *
QUOTE(Cain @ Jan 17 2017, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 11 2016, 12:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 6 2016, 01:29 PM) *

Your link didn't come through on the "Best Mod Ever," but if it is supposed to be Bond's Exploding gun and Missile gun = That thing is AWESOME !!!!

Whoops, just saw this. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCpNC5da5s

I can't watch that for a while, I'm waiting for my son to let me play his FO4; so for the time being I'm not taking any spoilers.

But thanks for the link, I will look at it in about a month, lol.

No spoilers involved! It's just a mod that alters the sound effects of laser weapons. The only thing you see in the video is a battle between the Institute and the BoS.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 18 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Jan 18 2017, 07:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 17 2017, 06:05 PM) *
QUOTE(Cain @ Jan 17 2017, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 11 2016, 12:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Dec 6 2016, 01:29 PM) *

Your link didn't come through on the "Best Mod Ever," but if it is supposed to be Bond's Exploding gun and Missile gun = That thing is AWESOME !!!!

Whoops, just saw this. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCpNC5da5s

I can't watch that for a while, I'm waiting for my son to let me play his FO4; so for the time being I'm not taking any spoilers.

But thanks for the link, I will look at it in about a month, lol.

No spoilers involved! It's just a mod that alters the sound effects of laser weapons. The only thing you see in the video is a battle between the Institute and the BoS.

Oh, okay. Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 21 2017, 03:08 AM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

Ash and Goo Pile Preventer - is a mod that prevents ash and goo piles from being created by energy weapons. Apparently the game does remove them now when cells reset. But not in all cells. It appears those in settlements never get removed.

I also found some interesting Silver Shroud mods:

4K Silver Shround Retexture - is a simple texture upgrade of the Silver Shroud outfit, without changing how it looks.

Legendary Silver Submachinegun - Makes the Silver Submachinegun a Legendary item. The default effect is Nocturnal (does more damage as the night goes on), but there are half a dozen other effects you can choose from instead. I opted for the Assassin version, which does extra damage against humans.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 29 2017, 05:24 AM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

Proper Flyers and Posters - is a texture replacer that delivers improved graphics for the posters you see stuck on walls. I am using the Lore-Friendly, standard version, and it is a big improvement over the original game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 5 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon - is a LooksMenu face preset of Ciri from Witcher 3. I am thinking this could be a good start to creating Persephone in Fallout 4.

Sole Survivor Ciri - another LooksMenu preset of Ciri.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 6 2017, 02:35 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2017, 03:47 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

Bethesda came out with another game patch recently 1.9.4.0. It was forced down on me today, without giving me any chance to say no. Naturally it broke F4SE, and every mod that requires it, like LooksMenu.

But there is an update to F4SE here. It is the one at the top of the page: 0.3.0 7z archive. There is also an update to LooksMenu here on the Nexus.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 17 2017, 05:31 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

Anyone play this with mods on PS4? Just wondering what some good ones are.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 17 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Played for a few months with mods, before I got my PC. Lemme see what I can list for ya....

[PS4]SimpleGreen - SimpleSeasons 'Spring' (Adds some nice greenery to the drab wasteland)
[PS4]Wacky Weapons Workshop (Season Pass) [Let's you cross-mod weapons]
[PS4]Unlock Ballistic Weave
[PS4]Goodneighbor Fixed/Cleaned/Custom
[PS4]STS - Scrap that Settlement! - Base Game (Can scrap almost everything other than the landscape)
[PS4]The Beantown Interiors Project (Far Harbor Required) [Opens up some of the boarded up buildings)
[PS4]Finch Farm and Graygarden Overpass Lifts
[PS4]Custom Paint for Power Armor
[PS4]New Hairstyle: Waste Anchorage
[PS4]Diamond City Entrance Clean Up
[PS4]Colzie's Taffington Boathouse (Repairs it and removes junk)
[PS4]Daswolfen's Sanctury Hills Bridge Body Removal
[PS4]DLC Ammo Leveled lists
[PS4]Craft Vault 88 Cure
[PS4]Colzie's Croup Manor (Repairs it and removes junk)
[PS4]Power Armor Frame Crafting & More: Season Pass Version
[PS4]Limited Minutemen Quests (Only one quest from Preston at a time)
[PS4]Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR) (All DLC) *REQUIRED*

All of ANDREWXC's UCO and USO mods.They let you mod the crap out of clothing and armor, and add a lot of new building options.

This post has been edited by Cain: Feb 17 2017, 05:01 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 17 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 17 2017, 06:55 AM) *
*snip*
Cool, thanks Cain!
Question: what does "Unlock Ballistic Weave" do, just make it available without having to mess with The Railroad stuff?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 17 2017, 06:20 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 17 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2017, 12:19 PM) *
*snip*
Cool, thanks Cain!
Question: what does "Unlock Ballistic Weave" do, just make it available without having to mess with The Railroad stuff?

smile.gif

Yeah, it's automatically available from the get-go.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 17 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 17 2017, 11:24 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2017, 12:19 PM) *
*snip*
Cool, thanks Cain!

smile.gif

Yeah, it's automatically available from the get-go.

Ok got it. Does this have any negative effects in The Railroad quests should Khajiit's character desire to side with them?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 17 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

None that I noticed. I think I even did a full Railroad playthrough with that running.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 17 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 17 2017, 01:28 PM) *

None that I noticed. I think I even did a full Railroad playthrough with that running.

IPB Image

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 18 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2017, 03:27 PM) *

IPB Image

The tricky part is finding enough ballistic fiber. The duplication glitch works well for that, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 18 2017, 02:11 AM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 17 2017, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2017, 03:27 PM) *

IPB Image

The tricky part is finding enough ballistic fiber. The duplication glitch works well for that, though.

Yeah, Khajiit tries not use exploits (feels like cheating). He did pretty well prioritizing it in his last survival game (which he just deleted for losing his focus).

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 18 2017, 02:13 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 19 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

Now that I figured out how to replace the meshes of weapons, I am creating mods to replace most of the vanilla weapon meshes with modded ones. So far I have replaced the vanilla assault rifle with the M4A1, and the combat rifle with the M2216.

I am thinking about what to replace the Hunting Rifle with next. I was originally going to use the DKS-501 mod. But the trouble is the vanilla hunting rifle is a pretty ordinary bolt-action rifle at low levels. It only turns into a sleek sniper rifle at higher levels. So it would be better to have a more ordinary-looking rifle that could bridge both types. Like the M1 Garand or M14.

Or I could try to just replace the higher level OMODs for the hunting rifle with the DKS ones. So it looks like the vanilla rifle at low level, but the DKS at high level. But that might be tough to pull off and have it all work.

I am still not sure about the Pipe guns. I know I want to replace them. I am just not sure what with. I see three specific Pipe Guns in the CK - The Pipe Bolt Action, Pipe Gun, and Pipe Revolver. I am thinking of replacing them with some pistol mods, like the M9, the M1911, and the Sig Sauer P220. But I would like to see some Eastern Bloc/Kalishnikov style weapons in the game too, so I might use the AK-74M for one of them,

Not sure about the Combat Shotgun either. I am thinking either the IF-88 or the M1014

I'd like to replace the Flamer with something that looks more like an actual flame thrower. But I have not come across any flamer mods.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 20 2017, 02:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 20 2017, 02:50 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2017, 01:58 PM) *

Now that I figured out how to replace the meshes of weapons, I am creating mods to replace most of the vanilla weapon meshes with modded ones. So far I have replaced the vanilla assault rifle with the M4A1, and the combat rifle with the M2216.

I am thinking about what to replace the Hunting Rifle with next. I was originally going to use the DKS-501 mod. But the trouble is the vanilla hunting rifle is a pretty ordinary bolt-action rifle at low levels. It only turns into a sleek sniper rifle at higher levels. So it would be better to have a more ordinary-looking rifle that could bridge both types. Like the M1 Garand or M14.

Or I could try to just replace the higher level OMODs for the hunting rifle with the DKS ones. So it looks like the vanilla rifle at low level, but the DKS at high level. But that might be tough to pull off and have it all work.

I am still not sure about the Pipe guns. I know I want to replace them. I am just not sure what with. I see three specific Pipe Guns in the CK - The Pipe Bolt Action, Pipe Gun, and Pipe Revolver. I am thinking of replacing them with some pistol mods, like the M9, the M1911, and the Sig Sauer P220. But I would like to see some Eastern Bloc/Kalishnakov style weapons in the game too, so I might use the AK-74M for one of them,

Not sure about the Combat Shotgun either. I am thinking either the IF-88 or the M1014

I'd like to replace the Flamer with something that looks more like an actual flame thrower. But I have not come across any flamer mods.

Re: Hunting Rifle
Khajiit would suggest replacing it with another bolt action rifle, unless you want to change the animations and rate of fire.

Oh, and this one HATES the look of the vanilla "Assault Rifle". Looks more like one of those watercooled static machine guns from WWI. Not sure why they didn't just stick to the R91. That would've been fun to mod!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 20 2017, 02:55 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2017, 02:52 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

The thing I hate about the hunting rifle is the bolt action. Otherwise I would not replace it at all. So I went ahead and replaced it with the M14. Ten minutes later I was being attacked by Gunners with M14s. laugh.gif

So far I have done the Combat Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Hunting Rifle. Maybe tomorrow I will start on the Pipe guns. Those are the ones I dislike the most. Not simply because of their appearance, they are just completely useless. So naturally they are everywhere. I would like to have some decent guns locked away in every safe and crate, instead of those things.

Most of the guns in F4 look really underwhelming to me. I like real world weapons better than fantasy ones. The fantasy ones just tend to look wrong to me. I would rather see M110 Sniper Semi Auto Systems, M16s, M4s, HK 416/17s, AKs, SCARs, etc... It makes the game feel more immersive to me.

Funny thing is, I was looking at The Rebel Alliance's Blastech A280 rifle the other day. I think that is a really cool looking gun. I wish they had done more like that Fallout 4. While it is a 'fantasy' gun, you can clearly see the real world weapon designs integrated into it, like the AR-15 receiver.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 20 2017, 03:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 20 2017, 03:18 AM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2017, 07:52 PM) *

The thing I hate about the hunting rifle is the bolt action. Otherwise I would not replace it at all. So I went ahead and replaced it with the M14. Ten minutes later I was being attacked by Gunners with M14s. laugh.gif

So far I have done the Combat Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Hunting Rifle. Maybe tomorrow I will start on the Pipe guns. Those are the ones I dislike the most. Not simply because of their appearance, they are just completely useless. So naturally they are everywhere. I would like to have some decent guns locked away in every safe and crate, instead of those things.

Most of the guns in F4 look really underwhelming to me. I like real world weapons better than fantasy ones. The fantasy ones just tend to look wrong to me. I would rather see M110 Sniper Semi Auto Systems, M16s, M4s, HK 416/17s, AKs, SCARs, etc... It makes the game feel more immersive to me.

Funny thing is, I was looking at The Rebel Alliance's Blastech A280 rifle the other day. I think that is a really cool looking gun. I wish they had done more like that Fallout 4. While it is a 'fantasy' gun, you can clearly see the real world weapon designs integrated into it, like the AR-15 receiver.

This is one reason Khajiit likes the SMG, Combat Rifle, and Handmade Rifle. They look like real world weapons (Tommygun, BAR, and AK, respectively.)

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2017, 03:24 AM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

I think the Tommygun is great. Who doesn't like a Chicago Piano? laugh.gif The .44 looks great too. But that is because it looks like a .44!

--------------------
+Quote Post

29 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:29 AM