Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Mods
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 20 2017, 03:33 AM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2017, 08:24 PM) *

I think the Tommygun is great. Who doesn't like a Chicago Piano? laugh.gif The .44 looks great too. But that is because it looks like a .44!

Exactly! One thing though: why is the SMG/Thompson so much more under powered when compared to the 10mm with full auto receiver mod? Is the 10mm round more powerful than a .45?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2017, 04:06 AM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

I dunno. I never looked at the stats, but I did notice that the Tommy Gun had low damage. A 10mm round IRL is about a .40 caliber. Since both are pistol rounds, and would reasonably have a similar powder load, I would expect the .45 of the Tommygun to do more damage. Then again, a coworker of mine has fired both 10mm and .45 handguns, and he said the 10mm had a lot more kick to it. Though that does not necessarily mean more kinetic energy on impact.

But all the game mechanics of guns doing less damage because they are automatic, or being harder to hit with when not using iron sights mode, turn me off. Those are things I will probably get around to modding as well. But it has to be done each OMOD record at a time, which is a lot of work.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 20 2017, 04:18 AM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2017, 09:06 PM) *

I dunno. I never looked at the stats, but I did notice that the Tommy Gun had low damage. A 10mm round IRL is about a .40 caliber. Since both are pistol rounds, and would reasonably have a similar powder load, I would expect the .45 of the Tommygun to do more damage. Then again, a coworker of mine has fired both 10mm and .45 handguns, and he said the 10mm had a lot more kick to it. Though that does not necessarily mean more kinetic energy on impact.

But all the game mechanics of guns doing less damage because they are automatic, or being harder to hit with when not using iron sights mode, turn me off. Those are things I will probably get around to modding as well. But it has to be done each OMOD record at a time, which is a lot of work.

Well, Khajiit doesn't really have a problem with the full autos being less powerful as you should be able to do more dps, but it does seem like the accuracy penalty should've been enough of a balance.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 20 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

Are those guns lore friendly, Sub? I don't mean to sound snooty if I do, I just prefer to add lore friendly stuff to my games. smile.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 20 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 20 2017, 07:38 AM) *

Are those guns lore friendly, Sub? I don't mean to sound snooty if I do, I just prefer to add lore friendly stuff to my games. smile.gif

Well, Fallout3 had the R91 which was basically a HK-G3 and the Chinese Assault Rifle which was basically an AK. Fallout: New Vegas had a few AR-15 platform rifles and Khajiit believes that Fallout2 (though he never played it) had guns straight up named just like their real world counterparts. With so many real world guns being portrayed throughout the series, this one believes it's safe to presume that any real world gun could potentially fit in with Fallout lore.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 20 2017, 07:46 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 20 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Cool, I never thought to check the prior games for weapons. Thanks my Khajiit friend!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 20 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 20 2017, 12:59 PM) *

Cool, I never thought to check the prior games for weapons. Thanks my Khajiit friend!

No prob, Bob!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 20 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

My first Fallout game was Fallout Tactics, and it had straight up real world guns, like the M2 Browning, Beretta M92, Colt .45, P220 Sig, and so on. The energy weapons were naturally all fictional though.

Fallout 1 predated that, and had a mix, with a generic assault rifle that looked similar to the H&K G3 that we saw in FO3, a Hunting Rifle that looked a lot like an M1 Carbine, and so on. Then there were real guns like a .44 Desert Eagle, a 9mm Mauser, etc... Fallout 2 was also a mix of real and fictional weapons, but with more real ones than fictional.

Even a lot of New Vegas' guns were real, even if they did not use the names. The Anti-Material Rifle is a straight up Hecate II. The 9mm pistol looks a lot like a Browning Hi-Power to me. The .44 Magnum is of course exactly what the name says. Likewise the Western Revolver, Ranger Sequia, Police Pistol, .45 Auto Pistol, and Battle Rifle, Assault Carbine, Service Rifle, Marksman's Carbine, etc... are all copies of real weapons.

So real weapons have been a part of the Fallout series in the past. Bethesda seems more keen to do the fictional ones. I just wish they would do a better job in their art design. As it is, I think the real ones just plain look better and are more believable than their made-up ones. I mean, I cannot imagine anyone carting around that gigantic beast of an assault rifle in F4.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 21 2017, 01:34 AM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 20 2017, 03:24 PM) *
assault rifle in F4.

Khajiit would seriously like to know what the person who designed that gun was thinking when he was doing so. It's fugly

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 21 2017, 01:59 PM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

I've never once used that gun, just for that reason. It's so damn big and ugly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 21 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 21 2017, 06:59 AM) *

Yep. If Khajiit had the skill and was going to mod that gun (as in game mods, not the weapons mods), he'd turn it into an R91 (the Assault Eifle from Fallout3), give it a loading animation to match, and change all its weapon mods to fit the change. One of this one's favorite guns from Fallout3 is Perforator which is a modified Infiltrator, which is itself a modified R91. Would've loved to recreate that gun in Fallout4.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 21 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

That's why I was so mad about all of Sony's mod restrictions, and finally pulled the trigger on building my PC. No external assets is so dumb. So many weapons mods are out there, including the R91.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 21 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 21 2017, 01:40 PM) *

That's why I was so mad about all of Sony's mod restrictions, and finally pulled the trigger on building my PC. No external assets is so dumb. So many weapons mods are out there, including the R91.

Yeah, I'm hoping to catch Fallout4 on sale for PC at some point. Really don't want to pay $60 and then another $50 or whatever it is for the season pass. So for now, PS4 will just have to do. sad.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 21 2017, 09:47 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, the season pass is still steep. I managed to get the base game for $25, but had to wait around 2 months to get the DLC's.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 21 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 21 2017, 02:47 PM) *

Yeah, the season pass is still steep. I managed to get the base game for $25, but had to wait around 2 months to get the DLC's.

This one wonders if they will be releasing a "Definitive Edition" at some point? Khajiit says "Definitive Edition" because with all the hate stacked against the game, he isn't sure it got many GotY awards.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 21 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

That's what I was originally waiting for, but I got impatient.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2017, 11:19 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 21 2017, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Feb 21 2017, 06:59 AM) *

Yep. If Khajiit had the skill and was going to mod that gun (as in game mods, not the weapons mods), he'd turn it into an R91 (the Assault Eifle from Fallout3), give it a loading animation to match, and change all its weapon mods to fit the change. One of this one's favorite guns from Fallout3 is Perforator which is a modified Infiltrator, which is itself a modified R91. Would've loved to recreate that gun in Fallout4.

There is an R91 mod. It is not too much work to use it to replace a vanilla gun. Most of the work has already been done for you. All you really need to do is take the existing mod, go to the record of the gun you want to replace and tweak it stats to match the R91. Then go to the Object Templates and remove the original OMODs from the lists, and replace them with the OMODs from the R91. You can literally just copy the same entries from the R91. It takes me about a half hour to do a gun, assuming there are no extra 'features' in the mod I use.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 21 2017, 03:56 PM) *

This one wonders if they will be releasing a "Definitive Edition" at some point? Khajiit says "Definitive Edition" because with all the hate stacked against the game, he isn't sure it got many GotY awards.

I bought the game and season pass back around Fangsgiving for just under $50. Steam and Gog both always have big sales around holidays, and around the seasons (I am sure in late March / early April there will be a Big Spring Sale) .If you just watch extra close around those times, you are sure to find anything you want on sale.

There are a thousand different magazines, sites, and just ordinary people who have GOTY awards. So every game ever made - no matter how bad - wins at least one. It's not like it means anything. So there will be one for F4. Though Beth might not choose to call it that. They called Skyrim's the Legendary Edition instead. I think Fallout should get a Radioactive Edition.

I was waiting for something like a GOTY before buying it, but the $50 price tag for everything won out back in November. It is not like there is going to be any new material released with a GOTY anyhow. It made more sense to wait for the GOTY back in the old days when we still bought games on disc. That way you got everything on one or two discs in one box, instead of half a dozen of them.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 21 2017, 11:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 21 2017, 11:37 PM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 21 2017, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 21 2017, 03:56 PM) *

I bought the game and season pass back around Fangsgiving for just under $50. Steam and Gog both always have big sales around holidays, and around the seasons (I am sure in late March / early April there will be a Big Spring Sale) .If you just watch extra close around those times, you are sure to find anything you want on sale.

There are a thousand different magazines, sites, and just ordinary people who have GOTY awards. So every game ever made - no matter how bad - wins at least one. It's not like it means anything. So there will be one for F4. Though Beth might not choose to call it that. They called Skyrim's the Legendary Edition instead. I think Fallout should get a Radioactive Edition.

I was waiting for something like a GOTY before buying it, but the $50 price tag for everything won out back in November. It is not like there is going to be any new material released with a GOTY anyhow. It made more sense to wait for the GOTY back in the old days when we still bought games on disc. That way you got everything on one or two discs in one box, instead of half a dozen of them.
Oh yeah, if Khajiit can find the game and all DLC for a similar price to what you paid, he will certainly snatch it up!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2017, 11:52 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

Here is an example of my new Pipe Guns

My Pipe Revolvers

and Pipe Bolt Actions

I did not include pics, but I also replaced the Combat, Assault, and Hunting Rifles.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 22 2017, 12:01 AM
Post #60

Mouth
Group Icon

They look awesome! I hate the vanilla pipe guns.

I use a couple of weapon mods - one changes the Hunting Rifle into a Mauser, with Gewehr and Kar variants available for crafting. The only issue with that mod is that the bolt (for the bolt-action) doesn't move kvleft.gif

Combined with another mod that changes the army fatigues into a selection of real world camouflages, it gives regular enemies like raiders and Gunners much more variation.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post

29 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:44 AM