3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Creation Kit
SubRosa
post Dec 11 2016, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Fallout 4 works a lot differently than FO3, so I created a new topic for using its Creation Kit.

In F4 all workbenches are also containers that you can store your crafting items in. All of the workbenches in a settlement share a single inventory. If you are creating your own home and have multiple workbenches, you can link all of their inventories by doing the following:

First you need a Workshop - by this I mean the crafting station/workbench that you use for settlement construction. You can create your own, or use an existing one if you want to tie your new workbenches to that particular settlement. Even if you are just building a player home and don't want to use it to create a full blown settlement, you still need the Workshop. In that case you can place the Workshop station under the ground, or someplace otherwise inaccessible if you want.

Next place your new Armor, Weapons, PA, etc... Workbenches.

Double click on each to open their Reference windows, and go to the "Linked Ref" tab.

Leave this open, and find your Workshop in the render window.

Return to your new workbench's Reference window, and in the blank field under Linked Ref right click, and in the box that pops up, click on New.

In here click on Select Ref In Render Window.

This gives you a red crosshair in the Render window. Use it to click on the Workshop.

That brings up a new window setting it as a Linked Ref. Look down in that window to the Keyword field. In it select

WorkshopItemKeyword.

Click on Ok to close that window. That takes you back to your Workbench Reference window. Click on Ok to close that.

Do the same with the rest of your workbenches.

Done. Now all of the workbenches will share the same inventory.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 21 2017, 12:08 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 11 2016, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

What a great idea to give tips on how all the new editors work! Thanks for the helpful tips here, and for thinking of making this thread!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 2 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

I made another interesting discovery today.

You can use the console command "ShowLooksMenu Player" to bring up the face generation any time. But it does not work well outside of the regular character creation points at the beginning of the game. The start of the game and the Vault Exit are the only points where you can zoom in close enough to really see your character's face very well. If you do it with the console at any other point in the game the camera is so far away from your character that you cannot see any subtle changes that you make.

There are ways around this. I think some vanilla locations have NPCs who can change your face, like the Doctor in the Broken Bow of Rivet City in FO3. I have been playing the game for weeks, and have yet to find one however. You can also use the workshop to build a face sculpting chair in your settlements. But then you have to assign a settler to the chair to use it (and of course have a settler to do that in the first place).

I just found a way around that. If you go into the CK, in World Objects -> Furniture, I found FaceGenSurgeryChair. It looks like an ordinary little wooden chair. When you sit in the chair it automatically brings up the face generation, close enough to see what you are doing. All without the need of an NPC. So you can make a mod and put that chair in any place you like in order to tweak your character's face whenever you want.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 2 2017, 06:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 19 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

I finally figured out how to mod the meshes of a weapon. The truly customizable weapons do not work the same as they did in FO3. If you go to the Weapon record -> Art & Sound tab, you will find a NullReceiver for the weapon's mesh. This is an invisible dummy that the game uses, which is replaced by the real meshes, depending on how you configure the weapon.

The real meshes are found by clicking on the Object Template button in the top middle of the Weapon record. That brings you to a new screen, where you will see multiple versions of the weapon, starting with a Default, and under that a Standard. There can be a Random version, often a Sniper version, a Semi-Auto version, an Automatic version, etc...

In the Object Modifiers field of this window are the actual pieces that make the weapon. These components are Object Mod records (you will find them right above Weapons in the Object Window. Each has a specific mesh, and a big field of Property Modifiers. These modifiers are all the game bonuses or penalties to things like damage, fire rate, zoom, recoil, etc...

Every gun is typically made up of a half a dozen OMODs -> A Barrel, a Receiver, a Grip, a Magazine, a Sight/Scope, and optionally a Muzzle. Typically there is a Null_Muzzle added to accommodate a weapon that lacks a muzzle brake or silencer (which is most of them). Each is one piece of the gun. The game takes the individual meshes for each piece and puts it all together to make the gun you see in the game.

Most guns have half a dozen individual OMODs to choose from for each type. For example under Barrels there is typically a Short Barrel, a Long Barrel, a Ported Barrel, etc... Magazines often have a Standard type, a Quick Change Mag, an Extended Mag, and a Quick Extended Mag. Every gun has an Iron Sight, an Eotech, and often scopes of various strengths.

To make things more confusing each OMOD record has a MiscItem record associated with it. Usually they start with the prefix miscmod_(name). There really is not much to them. They just have a game ID, a name you see in the game, and the ObjectTypeLooseMod keyword associated with it. Plus there is a transform image, that you see in the game when you are at the workbench and choose to build that mod for a gun. That is always the same for every miscmod though, just a little box.

Every weapon also has a specific keyword with Mod Association selected under Type. They typically start with the prefix ma_(weapon name). This keyword is entered in the Weapon record's Keywords field. You will also find it in every Object Mod, in the Target Object Mod Association Keyword field. That is how the game keeps track of which OMODs are for each gun.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 19 2017, 08:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 20 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

I envy your skill with the CK. I jumped into it with no knowledge on how it works a few weeks ago, and was quickly overwhelmed. I was looking to fix the roads in Sanctuary so that the blocky dirt piles weren't left behind after my settlement cleaning.

Ended up just getting a mod someone else made. tongue.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2017, 12:07 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

I am really not that good with the CK. I just decided to be persistent on this issue, because of my dislike for most of the vanilla guns. I could not find any useful tutorials online. The only thing anyone is willing to share about modding weapons seems to be for the simplest things, like changing their damage or name.

So I took the M2216 mod and basically reverse-engineered it. I used the meshes and textures and tried recreating it in a new mod, following everything I saw in the original. A handy feature of all of Bethesda's CKs is that if you go to the File -> Open screen and select a plugin, there is a Details button down below you can click on. It will tell you every single record that plugin alters or creates.

So I started there to see what the original mod created. Then I opened those records and took screenshots. Then I opened the CK again with my new plugin, and recreated everything from scratch. Of course that did not work, at least not easily, because the Weapon entry does not show everything right out front. I had to click on every tab and every button before I figured out that the actual meshes the game uses are behind that Object Templates button. But sometimes that is what it takes. Try everything until something works.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

So far so good on the weapon replacer mods I have created. I ran into some issues with the M2216 and M9 Beretta mods. But it turns out those were not my fault, but rather the original creators!

The M2216 has a modcol entry for the barrels which mistakenly was filled with entries for the vanilla assault rifle, rather than the M2216. So whenever it would spawn a random gun it would use a vanilla assault rifle barrel in the otherwise modded M2216. That looked rally weird.

The issue with the M9 was that if you used the Long Barrel mod on the gun, it would stop looking like a Beretta and look like the vanilla Deliverer pistol. So I went the OMOD record for the Long Barrel and changed it to use the same mesh as the Short Barrel. Viola! All the M9 looks like proper Berettas.

I did come across one bug that is my own fault. Maybe. While I have gotten all the regular guns to appear as their modded versions. The Companion's weapons still seem to be stuck in the original forms. Companions all have their own unique Weapon entries for their guns. So they are essentially standalone from the regular versions of those guns. But even after going into the Object Templates for the Companion guns and replacing all the vanilla OMODs with modded ones, they still use their vanilla weapons.

But this might just be Fallout 4 being Fallout 4. I have noticed with my no smoking mod that even after deleting all the smoking animations and idle markers and ai packages from the game, some NPCs still smoked! But after starting a new game they never did. So once some things are in the game's memory, there is no getting them out without starting a completely new game. That might be the case with the weapons of these Companions. All I can do is test with a brand new character.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 6 2017, 03:56 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 4 2017, 11:07 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

I made a discovery today. If you put a weapon in a container, then place that container in the world, the game automatically spawns ammunition in the container as well. I am guessing it gets the ammo type from the NPC Add Ammo List drop down box in the Weapon record.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been working on the property modifiers of Object Mods (the bonuses or penalties that come with gun mods like Long Barrel, Short Barrel, Full Stock, Marksman's Stock, etc..).

Here is what I gather from looking at the Property Modifiers and comparing them to the Description Text in the OMOD record.

fAimModelConeIronSightsMultiplier = This seems to control accuracy when using iron sights mode. I think it is the size of the cone over which bullets can spread out within. Negative values decrease the cone and thus the spread, and positive numbers increase it.

fAimModelMaxConeDegrees & fAimModelMinConeDegrees = These two seem to do the same, but for open sights mode. Again, negative values mean less spread and greater accuracy, positive numbers greater spread.

fAimModeRecoilMaxDegPerShot & fAimModeRecoilMaxDegPerShot = These two affect the recoil of gunshots and thusly accuracy. Again, negative numbers are good, and positive numbers worse.

fMaxRange & fMinRange = These modify the range of the weapon. Positive numbers mean longer range, negative means reduced range.

fweight = seems to increase the weight of the mod. Positive numbers being heavier.

ivalue = seems to modify the caps value of the mod.

fcriticaldamagemult = modifies the critical damage of the weapon. A rank 1 Better Criticals has a value of 1.000, and a rank 2 has a value of 2.000

fcriticalchargebonus = Not exactly sure what this does. I think it is the charging of your critical meter in VATS, and that a positive number is better.

iattackdamage = this increases the damage the gun does. I think a 0.5 is +50% more damage, 0.25 is +25% more, etc... A MoreDamage1 is typically 0.2500, and MoreDamage2 is 0.500, and MoreDamage3 is 0.7500.

fsecondarydamage = a positive value adds some kind of extra damage. It might be only for gun-bashing, but I am not sure. A Large Bayonet has a value of 1.000, and a Small Bayonet a value of 0.5.

peEnchantments = with an ADD of enchModArmorPenetration, this makes the gun armor-piercing.

vaActorValues = again with an ADD of ArmorPenetration & 40.0000. This clearly has something to do with armor-piercing.

iammocapacity = is used on magazines. A little bit goes a long way. Typically a Large Mag has a value of 1.000, and an Extra Large (Drum) a value of 3.000. A Standard Mag does not have this, as it uses whatever the base ammo is listed in the Weapon record itself.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 6 2017, 03:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 6 2017, 12:56 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 5 2017, 02:45 PM) *

I have been working on the property modifiers of Object Mods (the bonuses or penalties that come with gun mods like Long Barrel, Short Barrel, Full Stock, Marksman's Stock, etc..).

Here is what I gather from looking at the Property Modifiers and comparing them to the Description Text in the OMOD record.

fAimModelConeIronSightsMultiplier = This seems to control accuracy when using iron sights mode. I think it is the size of the cone over which bullets can spread out within. Negative values decrease the cone and thus the spread, and positive numbers increase it.

fAimModelMaxConeDegrees & fAimModelMinConeDegrees = These two seem to do the same, but for open sights mode. Again, negative values mean less spread and greater accuracy, positive numbers greater spread.

fAimModeRecoilMaxDegPerShot & fAimModeRecoilMaxDegPerShot = These two affect the recoil of gunshots and thusly accuracy. Again, negative numbers are good, and positive numbers worse.

fMaxRange & fMinRange = These modify the range of the weapon. Positive numbers mean longer range, negative means reduced range.

fweight = seems to increase the weight of the mod. Positive numbers being heavier.

ivalue = seems to modify the caps value of the mod.

Ooh, Khajiit is considering tweaking the R91 to be less powerful since it appears at extremely low levels. These values should come in handy should Khajiit decide to reduce accuracy instead of power!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 6 2017, 03:27 AM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 5 2017, 06:56 PM) *

Ooh, Khajiit is considering tweaking the R91 to be less powerful since it appears at extremely low levels. These values should come in handy should Khajiit decide to reduce accuracy instead of power!

I added some more property modifies to the post above. Look in the R91's OMODs for iattackdamage and fsecondarydamage. They might be the reason the gun is doing so much damage. I just noticed that my AK-74s were doing insane amounts of damage, and those were the culprits. The values given for AKs Hardened and Powerful Receivers were insanely high. A MoreDamage1 is typically 0.2500, and MoreDamage2 is 0.500, and MoreDamage3 is 0.7500. The AK had a value of something like 8.000 for the MoreDamage1, and worse for the next up.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 6 2017, 03:31 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 6 2017, 03:33 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 5 2017, 08:27 PM) *

I added some more property modifies to the post above. Look in the R91's OMODs for iattackdamage and fsecondarydamage. They might be the reason the gun is doing so much damage. I just noticed that my AK-74s were doing insane amounts of damage, and those were the culprits. The values given for AKs Hardened and Powerful Receivers were insanely high.

Well the frickin R91 is doing like 31 base damage with the standard receiver. Kim-Ly is only lvl 4 and has found at least 3 of them! If we are going to find it on every other Raider then it needs to be nerfed.

*edit*
Clarification: the 31 base damage is including rank 1 of Rifleman, which really doesn't change the fact that it's too powerful for a low level weapon.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 6 2017, 03:39 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 6 2017, 03:46 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 5 2017, 09:33 PM) *

I added some more property modifies to the post above. Look in the R91's OMODs for iattackdamage and fsecondarydamage. They might be the reason the gun is doing so much damage. I just noticed that my AK-74s were doing insane amounts of damage, and those were the culprits. The values given for AKs Hardened and Powerful Receivers were insanely high.

Well the frickin R91 is doing like 31 base damage with the standard receiver. Kim-Ly is only lvl 4 and has found at least 3 of them! If we are going to find it on every other Raider then it needs to be nerfed.

*edit*
Clarification: the 31 base damage is including rank 1 of Rifleman, which really doesn't change the fact that it's too powerful for a low level weapon.

Well the Assault Rifle's base damage is 30, and the Combat Rifle is 33. So that's about the same as vanilla.

I think your problem is not really the damage of the gun, but that it is so common at lower levels. My guess is that whatever script injects it into the leveled lists just throws it in with the same frequency no matter what your level is. I don't really know how to fix that. It makes me glad I went to the extra work of turning my modded guns into replacers for the vanilla weapons, and deleting the leveled list injector scripts and associated quests they had. That way they only appear at the same levels and rates as the vanilla guns they replaced.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 6 2017, 03:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 6 2017, 04:10 AM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 5 2017, 08:46 PM) *

*edit*

Well the Assault Rifle's base damage is 30, and the Combat Rifle is 33. So that's about the same as vanilla.

I think your problem is not really the damage of the gun, but that it is so common at lower levels. My guess is that whatever script injects it into the leveled lists just throws it in with the same frequency no matter what your level is. I don't really know how to fix that. It makes me glad I went to the extra work of turning my modded guns into replacers for the vanilla weapons, and deleting the leveled list injector scripts and associated quests they had. That way they only appear at the same levels and rates as the vanilla guns they replaced.

You're right, the availability of the weapon at absurdly low levels is the big problem. Really wish someone would make an alteration mod that makes it rarer, similar to the Chinese Assault Rifle mod (supposedly its only carried by elite raiders and gunners). Really thinking it might be better as a replacer like you did. If you wouldn't mind sometime, would you post a step by step guide of how to make the replacer mod for the assault rifle?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 6 2017, 04:43 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 5 2017, 10:10 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 5 2017, 08:46 PM) *

*edit*

You're right, the availability of the weapon at absurdly low levels is the big problem. Really wish someone would make an alteration mod that makes it rarer, similar to the Chinese Assault Rifle mod (supposedly its only carried by elite raiders and gunners). Really thinking it might be better as a replacer like you did. If you wouldn't mind sometime, would you post a step by step guide of how to make the replacer mod for the assault rifle?

Making a replacer is really not too hard. Start with your gun mod open its Weapon Record, and then that of the gun you want to replace. Copy everything from the mod to the gun being replaced, so the two records are identical.

Then open the Object Mod for each, and do the same. Its very time consuming, but you just have to remove all the original OMODs for the gun you are replacing, and instead fill in those from the modded gun. What gets tricky is that the vanilla guns have a 7 or 8 different varieties, while modded guns typically only have one or two. So you have to use your own discretion on what OMODs to use for the extra varieties of the vanilla gun.

And finally delete the script that injects the modded gun into the leveled lists. Those scripts are started by a quest, so delete that as well. That way you keep the modded gun out of the game. You would probably have to start a new game in your case, because I think once one of those scripts is running, you cannot shut it off. Deleting the mod and the files in the Script folder will not stop it. It will persist in your save game. There was a tool someone created for Skyrim called Save Cleaner that allowed you to open saved games, see what scripts were running in them, and stop them. But I don't know if anyone ever did that for Fallout 4.

Come to think of it, if you could just stop that injector script, that would solve your problems. So you might want to try and research that first.

Or failing that, delete the script and its quest and start a new game. Give yourself the R91 with the console. Then when you are higher level reinstall the mod (with the script and quest).

Edit: That Save Cleaner does exist for Fallout 4. It is a command line interface, so it is not easy to use. But the description says it can detect scripts and stop them. Just be sure to make a copy of your save file before trying it. Just in case.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 6 2017, 04:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 6 2017, 06:10 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 5 2017, 09:43 PM) *
*snip*
Very good advice! This one will ponder what he wants to do while looking at the CK tonight. Khajiit wonders if you couldn't just clear out the info on the original gun and replace it with the items from the mod with out actually installing the mod? Or is that unethical? It's not like Khajiit would be re-uploading it, as a different mod or otherwise.

*UPDATE*
This one believes he figured out how to get the R91 to spawn on fewer Raiders. He went into the Fallout4Edit program and deleted it from the "Raider Weapons" leveled list in the mod. He then created a new merged patch since the old one had the R91 added to the "Raider Weapons" list. Now if Khajiit is correct in his hypothesis, the R91 will now only spawn on Raider Bosses, and certain gunners and supermutants, and perhaps show up in stores (not sure about that). Khajiit will test it when he wakes up later in the morning on a brand new game.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 6 2017, 10:17 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 6 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 6 2017, 12:10 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 5 2017, 09:43 PM) *
*snip*
Very good advice! This one will ponder what he wants to do while looking at the CK tonight. Khajiit wonders if you couldn't just clear out the info on the original gun and replace it with the items from the mod with out actually installing the mod? Or is that unethical? It's not like Khajiit would be re-uploading it, as a different mod or otherwise.

*UPDATE*
This one believes he figured out how to get the R91 to spawn on fewer Raiders. He went into the Fallout4Edit program and deleted it from the "Raider Weapons" leveled list in the mod. He then created a new merged patch since the old one had the R91 added to the "Raider Weapons" list. Now if Khajiit is correct in his hypothesis, the R91 will now only spawn on Raider Bosses, and certain gunners and supermutants, and perhaps show up in stores (not sure about that). Khajiit will test it when he wakes up later in the morning on a brand new game.

You mean just take the meshes and textures from the gun mod and create your own mod with them? Sure, you can do that. You can do whatever you want in the privacy of your own computer. So long as you do not repost it without permission from the original author to try to take credit for it, you are fine. I have taken a ton of mods from Fallout New Vegas and recreated them that way in FO3 - by just taking the meshes and textures and creating a FO3 mod from them.

It is a lot more work though, so I don't suggest it. It is easier to keep the original mod, and just strip the gun out of the leveled lists if it is manually entered into them, or remove the script that causes it to spawn. And delete any places where it was physically placed in the world if you want. Then take the vanilla gun you want to replace and just copy all the info over to it from the mod. This way you can open the modded gun's record and the vanilla gun's and hold them side by side. Otherwise you have to take screenshots of every single record of the modded gun. Then refer to those when you are making your replacer. And you never get pics of everything. So you are constantly closing the CK, opening the mod up in it, closing the CK, opening your replacer mod, and back and forth.

It sounds like the R91 was added directly into the leveled lists then, and not injected via a script? I don't know why I just assumed it was scripted. I suppose because so many mods go that route in F4. That is a lot easier to edit out and down to make it rarer. You should not have to start a brand new game for that. Just give it a while for you to get into areas where NPCs have not spawned with weapons yet.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 6 2017, 11:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 6 2017, 08:18 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 6 2017, 11:27 AM) *

It sounds like the R91 was added directly into the leveled lists then, and not injected via a script? I don't know why I just assumed it was scripted. I suppose because so many mods go that route in F4. That is a lot easier to edit out and down to make it rarer. You should not have to start a brand new game for that. Just give it a while for you to get into areas where NPCs never have not spawned with weapons yet.

Ugh, too late, Khajiit already deleted the old saves. That's ok though, Kim-Ly wasn't that far along so it won't take us long to get back to where we were.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 3 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

Here is how to create your own settlement anywhere, working just like the vanilla ones. I got this from the article here. But I found that half the steps listed in the article were unnecessary and sometimes only caused issues.

If it does not already have one, start by placing a Map Marker in your settlement and giving it a unique name. Then place a COCMarkerHeading next to it. Finally place an XMarkerHeading the center of the settlement, and name it something like (Settlement Name)LocationCenterMarker.

If your new settlement does not already have one, create a Location for it (under WorldData -> Location). Add an Encounter Zone. Then click the Select Reference button under World Location Marker Ref. Select your Map Marker. Then in the Keywords field add:

LocTypeClearable
LocTypeSettlement
LocTypeWorkshopSettlement
LocTypeWorkshop

If it is an interior cell add LocTypeInteriorCell” as well.

Create your Workshop and place it somewhere in your settlement. You can find them under WorldObjects -> Container -> WorkshopWorkbench. A handy tip, you can make it unobtrusive by setting the Scale to make it very small, allowing you to put somewhere out of the way if you like.

Double click on the workbench and click on the Scripts tab edit "workshopscript" Under flags, set "OwnedByPlayer" to true and EnableAutomaticPlayerOwnership” to false. Next just to be safe, set the following to false:
MinRecruitmentAllowRandomAfterPlayerOwned
AllowAttacksBeforeOwned
AllowAttacks

Click Ok to close the script menu, then click ok to accept the changes to the Workshop.

Place an XMarkerHeading in front of your workshop. You do not need to name it. Go into the Workshop's properties to the Linked Ref tab. Add the XMarkerHeading, and give it the keyword WorkshopLinkSpawn.

Go to WorldObjects -> Activators, and select a DefaultEmptyTrigger. Drag and drop one around your Workshop. Rename it something like SettlementNameWorkshopSandboxArea (that is how the vanilla ones are named). Make it large enough to cover your entire settlement area. Go to its Linked Ref tab, double click and "Select in Render Window." Select your workshop and for the Keyword, choose "WorkshopLinkedPrimitive". Then click ok and close the Trigger window.

Double click on your Workshop, select the Linked Ref tab, click "Select in Render Window", and select the "Default Empty trigger" you’ve just been working with. Set its Keyword to "WorkshopLinkSandbox".

Go to Static -> Workshop. Pick a Workshop Border and put it around your settlement. Give it a unique name. Open its properties and go to the Linked Ref tab. Link it to your workshop, with the keyword of WorkshopLinkedBuildAreaEdge

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 31 2018, 09:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 3 2017, 12:46 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 2 2017, 06:31 PM) *
*snip*

Thank you for posting this! This one thinks it would be cool to make a completely custom settlement location!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:23 AM