2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 Workshop, The Post Apocalypse Home Depot
SubRosa
post Mar 14 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

There has been a lot of discussion about the ins and outs of using the Workshop lately, so here is a topic of its very own.

For example, I can never remember where to find the Doghouse in the Workshop menu. It is under Decorations > Misc > Doghouse.

I just read this tip:

You Can Tag Materials You're Looking For

You can break down Junk at Workbenches to build more Crafting materials, but you'll sometimes find yourself short of key components you need for your projects. That's where the Tag command at the bench comes in. By Tagging a material, you'll cause a magnifying glass icon to appear next to every piece of Junk you encounter that contains that desired element. It's a great way to complete Crafting and mod projects quickly.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 14 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 14 2017, 03:25 PM) *

I just read this tip:

You Can Tag Materials You're Looking For.

I think it may even make containers that have the item in it glow, but I could be mis-remembering.

This post has been edited by Cain: Mar 14 2017, 08:27 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 14 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

When I tried to build a wall around Outpost Zimonja I had a ton of issues because the ground is so hilly. I could not get the walls straight and even. But I saw folks here saying this:

QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 14 2017, 12:45 PM) *

Concrete foundations are the way to go with uneven ground. The concrete clips through the ground to give you a nice even base for walls.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 14 2017, 12:47 PM) *

That's pretty much how Khajiit does it; puts a concrete foundation (the cheaper one in "wood" structure floors) to make it even. Plus you can then build rooms or a pavilion into your walls so it's not all wasted space.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 14 2017, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 14 2017, 11:55 AM) *

I think it's doable with concrete walls, too. You can snap them, and then slide them up or down to make sure there are no gaps underneath. That way you get walls, without the foundations. Takes a lot of patience, though.

After playing with it, that could serve! You can set up the first part of your wall to the desired height and then put the rest of them together until you run into significantly higher ground. If you have gaps under the wall where the ground dipped you can put a concrete foundation as Hazmick suggested. This fills the gap and you can utilize the floor for a storage room or something! Will have to do something different for higher ground though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 14 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

That's one of the few settlement's I never really dove into. I hate those steep hills out back of it, and usually just build defense towers.

If you like to wire Sanctuary for power, the easiest way I've found is to put 2-3 of the medium power pylons across the rooftops. That way, you won't have any wires at ground or head level.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 14 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 14 2017, 02:28 PM) *

When I tried to build a wall around Outpost Zimonja I had a ton of issues because the ground is so hilly. I could not get the walls straight and even.

Khajiit still has trouble with this. It's easy to fix if the land declines but on inclines you will either have to put more walls on top of the main wall or just be stuck with really short walls (which is pointless). A terrain leveler would've been great.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 14 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 14 2017, 02:34 PM) *

If you like to wire Sanctuary for power, the easiest way I've found is to put 2-3 of the medium power pylons across the rooftops. That way, you won't have any wires at ground or head level.

Khajiit likes to be able to turn lights on and off in structures. Sometimes it's very frustrating trying to figure out how to get lights to work with switches.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 15 2017, 02:49 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

Transfer Settlements - Shareable Settlement Blueprints = I have not used it yet, but this mod is supposed to allow you to export a blueprint of your settlements. You can then import them into a new character's game. Or share with other people entirely. The Nexus already has a category just for transferred settlement uploads. F4SE is required. But you should have that already.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 15 2017, 03:50 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

The Fridge = Allows you to craft a fridge from the Workbench. It has variants for powered and non-power requirements. It comes with a script that changes the drinks you put inside it to iced versions. I am not entirely sure that that means. But I am deleting the scripts and going to disable any quests that might launch them. I want the vanilla drinking items for my cooking mod. I just want to be able to build a refrigerator.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 15 2017, 04:11 AM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 14 2017, 09:50 PM) *

The Fridge = Allows you to craft a fridge from the Workbench. It has variants for powered and non-power requirements. It comes with a script that changes the drinks you put inside it to iced versions. I am not entirely sure that that means. But I am deleting the scripts and going to disable any quests that might launch them. I want the vanilla drinking items for my cooking mod. I just want to be able to build a refrigerator.

Khajiit can do this already! He believes it is Homemaker that added them. Gives you several options of fridge as well as adds a slew of objects to craft for your settlements.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Mar 15 2017, 04:17 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 15 2017, 01:16 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Homemaker is excellent, and adds a metric crap ton of stuff to build. I love all the fence options it gives you, too. Barricades, chain link, sandbags, it's all good!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 16 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Does anyone else flood their settlements with cats? :$

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 16 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

I did with Elektra. She had about a dozen of them in Sanctuary Hills. I tried dogs too. But the second one was a feral monster dog that immediately attacked her and everyone else. So I stopped with the dogs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 16 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

If you build the beta wave emitter, it will make wild animals docile. You can have Deathclaws calmly strolling around Sanctuary. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 16 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 16 2017, 10:22 AM) *

Um, no actually. Khajiit honestly wasn't aware you could do this!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 16 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 16 2017, 01:12 PM) *

Animal cages came with the Wasteland Workshop DLC. You can catch all kinds of things!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 16 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 16 2017, 12:18 PM) *

If you build the beta wave emitter, it will make wild animals docile. You can have Deathclaws calmly strolling around Sanctuary. biggrin.gif

Yeah, but I just never bothered.

Yes, you have to build a cage to trap them in, and you need Softshell Mirelurk Meat to bait them each time.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 16 2017, 06:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 16 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

I've never had a Deathclaw. I might have to rectify that. Imagine having 4 0r 5 Deathclaws patrolling Murkwater.... The respawning Mirelurk Queen would be in for a shock!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 16 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 16 2017, 12:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 16 2017, 12:18 PM) *

Yeah, but I just never bothered.

Yes, you have to build a cage to trap them in, and you need Softshell Mirelurk Meat to bait them each time.

Khajiit can has his own lil' Khajiit?! Awesome!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 16 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

And for dogs, you need Canned Dog Food as bait.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 16 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 16 2017, 02:33 PM) *

And for dogs, you need Canned Dog Food as bait.

Meh, Khajiit already has dog! biggrin.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:11 AM