9 Pages V « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lissa Cristenn: The Redguard Archress
Acadian
post Aug 7 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #161

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome back to you! Thanks for the little ‘Previously...’ paragraph to get us right back into Lissa’s Art Attack (still loving that title!).

Turpentine made all the diff!

Whew, back to the studio, safe and sound. smile.gif

I had to smile at the end. Lissa’s relieved that Rihanae can talk with her again. And it was bittersweet for Lissa to see Anyanka’s parents in love – given her own family perils.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 8 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #162

Councilor
Group Icon

"Perhaps this is the image of a blank part of the canvas, unpainted?" Anyanka pondered. It seemed plausible

What a great explanation! I never thought of that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Jan 15 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #163

Knower
Group Icon

HELLO! I have returned, this time for good! I know I always say that, then disappear again, but I this time I mean it! My health is in tip-top condition, work has been less demanding and my life is in order... so let's return to Lissa!

I want to apologize to and thank my readers for their patience and well wishes!

As always, A quick, accessible re-cap of the story so far is available on request, but I will most likely create a separate thread with a constantly updated summary.

Now, this next chapter is very, very short, BUT on Friday I will post the next chapter. From then on every Wednesday will be update day!

SO without further ado...

P.S my spell check isn't working! I've been careful with spelling and proofreading... so, please, nits are very, very welcome in case I've missed anything.

PREVIOUSLY: After navigating through the painted world, taking out trolls, Lissa and the girls found the brush of truepaint on the deceased body of the thief who stole it. Returning it to Rythe, he and the girls promptly returned home to the Lythandas household. The Lythandas' happy reunion left Lissa with longing for her own family troubles...

37. Chapter 10 ~ Art Attack! ~ Part Four

As Jessie was off getting her recommendation from the guild hall and Anyanka was busy catching up with her parents, I sat beside the great Cheydinhal river. I'd taken my boots off and dipped my exhausted feet into the warm water.

From behind me I could hear a man singing a song about flying. I looked at him; he was clearly intoxicated. I couldn't help but smile.

I tilted my head back as I listened to the river rush past. I wondered if I'd ever have a perfectly peaceful life again. No saving of lives, no psycho killers; just peace and quiet.

"Of course you will... give it time." Rihanae insisted.

"I hope so because as much as I like risking my hide for strangers... I don't appreciate the stress lines."

"You're young Lissa. There's plenty of time for a simple life."

"I know... I just don't want to end up dead before I get a chance to have one."

"Oh, I'm sure that won't happen."

I shot up and spun, seeing and elderly breton woman stood behind me.

"Who are you?" I asked, keeping my body ready for confrontation.

"Sorry, I guess I must confuse you with my many guises, little sister. I apologize." She replied.

Leinahtan.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"To let you know that I'm still around." Leinahtan revealed. "I don't want you getting too comfortable with my absence."

I glared at him, then remembered that he'd called me 'sister', "How did you know I found out you were my brother?"

"I know everything. At least I like to think I do." He smirked.

I continued to glare, keeping my body tense in preparation for an attack. However, I couldn't help but wonder why he was so determined to play these games with me. I needed to know why he had become this way.

"What did Reina do to you?" I asked, a surprising calm to my voice.

Leinathan performed a patronising grin. "She showed me my true potential. She told me I could take over the world if I so desired... then I killed her; mainly to prove to myself that her theory was correct." He bragged. "But enough chatter. It's not time to fight just yet."

"Why?" I asked curiously, But not wanting to provoke him.

He smirked a creepy, certain smile, "Because you don't hate me enough yet*.. and it's no fun killing you if you don't truly want me dead."

"You're twisted!" I spat, "What did I ever do to you? It's not my fault you were taken from Mother and father!"
Did I regret my outburst toward my psychopathic brother? Of course. Luckily It didn't matter, as all he did was chuckle at me.

"Wait and see, little sister. That rage will boil over in time," He then narrowed his eyes, menace in his voice," And I, for one, cannot wait."

Suddenly, before I had a chance to respond Leinahtan, or rather the woman he had possessed, burst into a raging ball of flame, crisping into a pile of rotten smelling ash.

I stared silently, watching as the charcoal snowflakes fell to the ground...

"Lissa?" Rihanae asked, his voice quiet and subtle worry in his voice.

I didn't respond. I didn't know how to respond.

Leinahtan really did have some kind of vendetta against me... and he wasn't going to stop until I was dead.

But I'm not going to give him that satisfaction... I cant.

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Jan 15 2014, 02:15 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 16 2014, 11:26 PM
Post #164

Paladin
Group Icon

So glad to see you back and continuing the adventures of Lissa and crew. Even better news that you’re feeling well. goodjob.gif

And just as Lissa’s enjoying a quiet time byt the river. . . Eeep! NathanielLeinahtan’s back! And using a shapeshifting ability? Or perhaps some form of possessing another, as Lissa surmises. Regardless, he is one scarily creepy individual. It seems he does have a weakness though - the desire to draw hatred from Lissa. The young Redguard is wise to deny him that.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Jan 17 2014, 04:03 PM
Post #165

Knower
Group Icon

Acadian: Thank you for a warm welcome! I'm so glad to be back... I have lot's planned for my little redguard so getting back to posting her story is so exciting!

PREVIOUSLY: After taking a moment to herself in Cheydinhal after Lythe's rescue, Lissa finds herself confronted by Leinahtan in the guise of a woman he is possessing. He threatens that he isn't finished with Lissa and the only reason he doesn't attack is because she doesn't hate him, claiming it's not fun killing her if she doesn't truly want to fight back. The encounter leaves her shaken and terrified.

38. Chapter 11 ~ The Tale of Sir Mazoga ~Part One

I don't know why, but I decided not to tell the girls about my encounter with Leinahtan in Cheydinhal. Maybe it was because everyone was in such a great mood because of the other events that occurred there... maybe I just didn't want to admit that he had left me terrified. I know it was potentially dangerous not to have them aware that he was still keeping tabs on me...

So with a smile on my face the girls and I headed to our next destination, the southern city of Leyawiin. It was time for Jessie to collect another recommendation for her entry into the Arcane University, and, surprisingly,

Anyanka held no hesitation into joining us.

"So, after Leyawiin how many have you got left?" I asked Jessie.

Almost instantaneously Jessie replied, "Only the one. Anvil." She grinned, obviously excited that her journey was almost over and excited for the thought of success. "I've managed to get the others with flying colours... which is a relief."

"Why?" I asked.

"Well you need recommendations from every guild hall in Cyrodiil. One refusal and that's it. No entry." She told me.

"Well what about Kvatch? That's bound to be pretty hard, what with it being up in flames in'all." I said sincerely.

"LISSA!" Anyanka scolded.

"ANYANKA!" I mocked.

"I got to talking with a couple of the surviving guild mages... They wrote me one which I have to deliver by hand." Jessie said with remorse in her voice, "I felt kinda bad asking, considering everything that happened there."

"Do not feel bad, Jessie. You asked with consideration and a warm heart; they understood your plight." Anyanka consoled.

"I guess so-"

"STOP!" Screamed a leather-clad Khajiit who appeared as if from no where. He glared at us with a vicious, toothy grin; his sword pointed toward us menacingly.

Unthreatened, I replied, "... Why? Are you going to tell us a joke? I love jokes!"

Unnecessarily terrified, Jessie looked at me, "Don't provoke him Lissa!"

I laughed at her response, "What is there to provoke! Look at him! He's about as terrifying as a sheep," I said, then turned to the Khajiit, "No offence."

"ENOUGH! I was going to let you live and simply take your gold... but now I think taking it from your corpses would be much more fun!" He unthreateningly threatened.

"This is growing tiresome." Anyanka sighed, unsheathing her sword. "I shall handle this."

She then proceeded to chase the suddenly terrified Khajiit, giving him chase down the road we were walking down. She didn't chase him very far though, stopping and returning to us. The Khajiit continued to run away.

"Why do they always underestimate us?" Anyanka asked me.

"Why didn't you take him out?" I asked.

"He barks louder than he bites. I doubt he would have actually tried to hurt us." Ankaynka informed me very matter of fact-ly.

"But... but what about if he attacks another innocent passer-by!" She panicked, "We have to do something about him--"

However, as she said this I caught a glimpse of the Khajiit in the distance getting jumped by a rather large wolf. The wolf instantly won.

"I don't think that we need to worry about him anymore." I chuckled to myself.

"Ohh... poor man." Jessie said, suddenly changing her tune. "Nobody shoud go by wolf gutting."

I laughed, "But getting stabbed by a robber is perfectly fine."

"Well no, of course not..." Jessie moped.

"... You are very confusing. You know that right?" I joked. You couldn't help but love her sweet nature... but that same aspect of her could put her in danger with regards to Leinahtan.

I go to thinking about whether Leinahtan would target my friends, which he most likely would. I then got to thinking whether my friends could fight back. Maybe if they knew the truth about my encounter with him I could warn them to stay away from me for their own safety.

But I couldn't...

We entered Leyawiin, and words cannot describe how the city appeared. It wasn't as visually nasty as Bravil, but at least Bravil had character. Leyawiin seem damp and dismal. Although the architecture was quite impressive to an extent, The business buildings were nothing more than small, stone shacks, but the rest of the buildings that I could still were tall, colourful and elegant. It was quite a strange contrast; there was clearly a wealth divide in this place.

"Right, I'm going to find the mages guild and see about my recommendation. Will you guys be okay?" Jessie asked me.

I nodded, "Yeah, we'll be fine. We will catch you later."

Jessie wandered off, leaving Anyanka and I alone.

"What is the matter?" Anyanka asked me.

I looked at her, I was obviously giving off an expression I didn't notice I was wearing, "Nothing... it's just not what I was expecting." I then smiled and put my hands on my hips, "So... what do you wanna do first? I'm DYING for a glass of Surille Brothers."

"No," Anyanka said rather bluntly, "As we have never been here before we must have you introduce yourself to
the count."

I turned my nose up in disproval, "Aww... but I want a drink."

"After. But the count is first. You're a stranger in this city; it's always best to make sure the Count knows of you in case there is any trouble. outsiders are always the first to blame" Anyanka told me.

"Okay..." I said, not really sure Anyanka's order was entirely necessary... but saying that it couldn't hurt to get myself in the Count's good books.

So as Anyanka and I were walking through the city on our way t the castle I sparked conversation, "So... does the Count know who you are?"

"He does," She replied, "He is a fine gentleman... but his wife is far from that."

"Oh really? Is she boar-face? I hear the plain girls sometimes get nasty because of their looks." I teased.

Anyanka didn't care for my joke, "No. Countess Alessia is a true beauty; she is just an incredible racist."

I suddenly got very nervous, "Racist?"

"Yes. It means when a person harbour unnecessary hatred toward another race simply due to the fact that they're different." Anyanka explained, although I knew what the word meant.

"No... I know what racist means. I just meant who is she racist toward?" I asked, "Can I note that my skin only gets this dark after too much exposure to the sun."

"You can relax. It seems her problems only lie with Argonians. Possibly Khajiiti, too." She explained.

"Ahh... good," I relieved, "Well, not for the Argonian folk. Poor guys."

Following this we finally made it to the Castle. Anyanka stormed ahead whilst I slowly walked toward the door, admiring the beauty of the large structure. It was enticing... the castle's of Cyrodiil truly were magnificent. I wish I had a castle.

So we headed inside, immediately greeted by a large, open space that was the greeting hall. Dark reds and dim lighting filled the space. It felt a lot more welcoming than other castle's I'd visited.

Anyanka responded with a nod, "Yes... it does have a certain charm to it-"

"WOOAAHH!!"

Suddenly into our eye line we saw a man fly across the room, landing on a pillar with a painful sounding thud.

"What the..." I said to myself with an impressed and surprised chuckle.

As I wondered on nirn was going on, an orc, presumably female, clad in iron armour came into view, "YOU ARE NOT THE COUNT! I WISH TO SPEAK TO THE COUNT!"

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Jan 17 2014, 04:24 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 18 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #166

Paladin
Group Icon

And on to Leyawiin for a recommendation. I really like that you gave acknowledgement to Kvatch in the recommendation process.

Oh, and a highwayman. I honestly think those guys are the ones that washed out of bandit school. If you pay their toll, they walk away and turn their back on you – displaying a big sign that says ‘Shoot me here if you want your gold back.’ laugh.gif

Countess Caro a boar face? tongue.gif As Anyanka explains, she is pretty ugly on the inside.

Woot! Sir Mazoga! Luvs Sir Mazoga. wub.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 27 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #167

Councilor
Group Icon

It’s great to have you back, Rihanae. smile.gif

Yikes, that poor Breton woman!

That was a humorous meeting with a highwayman. Wolf-gutted, ugh.

Sir Mazoga, yay! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 31 2014, 09:23 PM
Post #168

Master
Group Icon

Fun tale, Rihanae! Welcome back! Glad you've returned to it. A pity you don't have more readers. This is a great story.

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Feb 15 2014, 08:09 PM
Post #169

Knower
Group Icon

Acadian: I had a feeling you'd enjoy this chapter tongue.gif Mazoga is very fun to write IMO. A very complex character!

Grits: Haha believe it or not, the highwayman incident it vaguely similar to an actual in game experience! Glad you're enjoying the chapter!

DE: Awh thank you! What a compliment smile.gif

NOTE: Screenshots are shown by BOLD LETTERING.

PREVIOUSLY: After another encounter with Leinahtan in Cheydinhal, Lissa decides not to tell the girls, thinking they'd be safer not knowing.

Once in Leyawiin Jessie heads to the mages guild for her recommendation.

Lissa and Anyanka head to the castle to introduce Lissa to the Count, but once their they find themselves in the middle of an orc's rampage...

39. Chapter 11 ~ The Tale of Sir Mazoga ~ Part Two

"ASSAULT!" Cried a castle guard as he witnessed his comrade fly across the room. He unsheathed his sword and walked menacingly toward the Orc.

"Do you want a piece of me? I'm not afraid of you!" The orc, a female orc, bellowed. She had balls.

I turned to Anyanka, a tiny bit worried, "Shouldn't we do something?" I asked.

Anyanka seemed to find my question amusing, "Are you serious? Let her pay for her crime."

I knew Anyanka was right... but I didn't know the whole story. Just because you look guilty, doesn't mean you always are. So I decided to step in, placing myself between the orc and the guard before any damage could be done.

"Wooahh, there guys. I know you're both itching for some violence and that's grand; but maybe we should talk this out, yeah?" I suggested.

Both the orc and the guard glared at me, but only the orc spoke up, "Step away from us, tiny redguard, this is not your fight."

I nodded, "Correct... but who's fight is it?"

"I didn't come here to fight!" She protested. "I came to see the Count!"

The guard laughed patronisingly, "HA! You think I will allow that? You're out of your mind!"

I turned to him, "What harm could it do?"

The guard looked outstanded by my suggestion. "Are you SERIOUS?"

The orc the turned to me, a large grin spread on her face, "Can you bring me the count? It seems you are the only reasonable person in this place. It's a disgrace."

I then turned to the guard, "I promise if she causes more trouble you can lock me away along with her. Agreed?" I said, wishing I hadn't made a mistake. I'm not sure why I was so eager to help the orc, something about her seemed so... earnest. Desperate. I just felt like I had to help her. I was also a little bored, and she seemed like a big ball of fun.. but mainly the helpful, desperate thing.

The guard glared at me, deciding my fate, then put his sword away, "I hope, for your sake, you know what you are doing, Redguard." he warned, then turned to help his fallen colleague.

Well that was easy, I thought.

"What on Nirn are you doing Lissa?" Rihanae asked me, confusion in his voice. "You do not know this orc... and you put your trust in her?"
I know... I know. But I've done crazier things, right?

"... I suppose." Rihanae answered with minimal hesitation. I wasn't sure how to take it.

"Why did you do that? You don't know me." The orc asked accusingly. Her presence alone felt very aggressive.

"Good question," Anyanka pitched in, looking at me with her eyes narrowed and steely.

"Can't I just do something nice without being accused of an ulterior motive?" I asked.

"No." Anyanka said, rather bluntly.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, then set my attention to the orc, "Okay, what's the problem?"

"That is none of your concern!" She said, throwing her voice in an intimidating way.

I wasn't phased, "... Well I just saved you a night or two in jail... I could just call the guard back if you'd prefer?" I softly blackmailed. I was bluffing, of course.

The orc gave me an unimpressed look, itching to find an argument. She couldn't, "I need to know where I can find Weebam-Na."

I felt confused, "Weedum what?"

"She's looking for Weebam-Na; a local hunter," Anyanka said, then looked at the orc, "Why is it you seek him?" She asked with dangerous concern.

"I wish only to discuss my business with him. Either find him for me or leave me to talk to the count!" The orc demanded.

"I don't like the sound of this..." Rihanae told me.

And I don't like the sound of your nags, but hey-ho, the show must go on, I 'tsked' in thought.

"Okay... So if we find this Weedum-Rah and bring him to you... then what?" I asked.

"Then I will consider not ending your life for your intolerable interference!" She threatened.

"Bit of an overreaction." I muttered to Anyanka. "Okay, Anyanka knows where he is I assume, so we will bring him here."

"I will do no such thing! I do not know this orc, nor do I trust her!" Anyanka protested. I gave her a puppy dog eyed look. She couldn't resist. "All right then. But if this end's badly..."

"RIGHT!" I said." We will find Weedum-Rah and bring him here. Then you can do whatever it is you need to do." I then remembered something. "Oh... who do I say you are?"

"My name is Sir Mazoga. You'd do well to remember that." She bellowed.

"... Sir?" I asked, a little bit baffled.

"Yes." She replied.

"But you're female?"

"I am." She growled.

"But you're a sir?"

"Aren't you listening?!" She said.

I decided to brush off the utterly confusing nature of her name. I didn't quite fancy being decapitated. Mazoga looked the sort to strike before she thought.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 16 2014, 04:59 PM
Post #170

Paladin
Group Icon

How very ‘Lissa’ to insert herself between the blade of a guard and an angry orc without really thinking things through. No wonder Rihanae and Anyanka were a bit concerned. wink.gif

You did a great job of showing us the familiar Mazoga that we all know and some love. I see Lissa picked right up on the fact that SIR Mazoga is tad sensitive about her name. laugh.gif

Off to find Weebum-NaRah. tongue.gif

Nit: ’The orc the turned to me, a large grin spread on her face,’ - - You want ‘then’ instead of ‘the’ of course.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Feb 18 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #171

Master
Group Icon

Uh, wow! What a scene! When Sir Mazoga(or just Mazoga) is involved, you know stuff is about to go down. Orcs have quiete the temper, but Mazoga takes the cake. Fun chapter with some new things surely to come, knowing about Mazoga and the backround of this chapter. Great!

The orc, a female orc, bellowed. She had balls.

laugh.gif

Sir Mazoga.

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 21 2014, 01:53 AM
Post #172

Councilor
Group Icon

Of course Lissa the Archress would scratch her head over Sir Mazoga’s masculine title. biggrin.gif That’s the Sir Mazoga we know, all right! Lissa is a friend even to folks she’s just met. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Nov 18 2014, 05:10 PM
Post #173

Knower
Group Icon

Hey guys!

As most of you know I have been working on my novel for a while now which has taken up a lot of my free time... then I got to reading this.

DARN. The inspiration is back! MUST GET TO EDITING AND CONTINUING THIS STORY!

So, yeah. This is my odd way of announcing I will be continuing this smile.gif

I will probably update once a week as, like I said, my novel comes first tongue.gif

But yeah... UPDATE SOON GUYS! WATCH THIS SPACE!

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Nov 28 2015, 08:29 PM
Post #174

Knower
Group Icon

I'm really eager to get back to this... but I'm not sure. As much as I love it I'm working on so many projects right now I don't have time for it.

Unless readers of the story wish and want me to continue... what do you guys think?

I was thinking of doing a thread of short stories based in Lissa's world, too. Less chronological but still the Lissa we know and love.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 28 2015, 08:33 PM
Post #175

Ancient
Group Icon

I do love Lissa, but am unable to read more than short sentenced posts anymore; so - can't vote on this. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 28 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #176

Councilor
Group Icon

I think you should work on whatever projects inspire you the most. If you might want to get back to writing for Lissa, why not try a few short pieces from Lissa’s world and see how it goes? How you feel about the time spent might help you decide. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 28 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #177

Paladin
Group Icon

Grits' advice above is wonderfully insightful. I'm just pleased that we may be hearing more from Lissa, in one venue or another. happy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:14 AM