Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 84 85 86 87 88 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 3 2017, 03:19 AM
Post #1701

Mouth
Group Icon

I GOT HIM! I [censored] GOT HIM! DIVINES, I RAN INTO TARON DRETH! (I'll expound on it below.) AFTER ALL THIS TIME, I PUT AN END TO HIM!

Farewell Tour Day 2 (yesterday):
Cincinnatus trekked to Windhelm, visiting some of his fellow marsh-folk at the Assemblage on the docks, and then headed out to Riften. Along the way he encountered not one but TWO groups of Thalmor justiciars. Cincinnatus is always up for killing some Thalmor, and he and Serana annihilated them.

He also ran into two thieves. One was an Argonian (shame that a fellow marsh-citizen came to live such a life). The other was a Dunmer.

On his way to Riften Cincinnatus also ran across Khajiit caravan under attack from a bear, and helped the guards there to defeat the beast. After a quick chat and a bit of trade, the Khajiit wished me farewell: "May your road lead you to warm sands."

Some pictures from the day:
Running across some of Cheshire's buddies
Looks rather uncomfortable... (got a good chuckle out of that one)
'Bout to throw down with some Thalmor justiciars
Didn't go well for the Altmer supremacists
Bidding farewell to my marsh-friend Madesi
A nice sentiment (and hopefully true about real life)

Farewell Tour Day 3 (tonight):
Within 30 seconds of leaving Riften a Revered Dragon foolishly picked a fight with Cincinnatus. That dragon met his end. On the road afterwards, a THIRD thief, another fellow Argonian, made the same mistake.

HEY, DID I MENTION I FOUND TARON DRETH? BECAUSE I FOUND HIM! AND SERANA AND I [censored] WRECKED HIM AND HIS MERCENARY CREW!

That makes me very happy. I even audibly cheered (not too loudly, don't want to disturb my roommates). I did not even notice it was him at first. I just talked to one of the mercenaries to see what was happening and as soon as he said "Talk to Master Dreth" the Dunmer himself addressed me. Noticing my aetherial staff I was carrying, he was flabbergasted. He incredulously asked me how I got it. Telling him that I made it, I empasized "With help. From Katria." He knew he was screwed, and they attacked us.

Did I also mention attacking me was foolish? Because it is. Cincinnatus took great pleasure in ridding the world of that fraud. Taron Dreth is no more. AND IT FEELS GOOD.

Some photos from the day:
Looks like the last dragon Cincinnatus will ever kill
Get some!
A scenic view
At long last
Taron Dreth is no more!

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Oct 3 2017, 03:20 AM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 3 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #1702

Paladin
Group Icon

What a powerfully satisfying farewell tour, culminating in taking out both a revered dragon and Talon Dreth! I very much enjoyed Katria's quest. Wish I could have kept her as a summonable companion. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 5 2017, 05:08 AM
Post #1703

Mouth
Group Icon

This game really threw the book at me when it came to random events the past few play sessions. I guess it really doesn't want Cincinnatus's story to end. For example, those three thieves I met? I think I ran into two total in all my playtime with this character prior to that. I had certainly never had as many justiciars crop up in such a short span of time either. And then I finally got Taron Dreth! And then a couple more dragons, of course.

But without further ado, the final days of the story of Cincinnatus:

It looks like I may have not taken some pictures on Day 4. Whoops. Anyways, Cincinnatus made his way around the Throat of the World to Falkreath, and then headed to Markarth from there. The interesting thing of that day was coming across two Alik'r Warriors interrogating a Redguard woman (those buffoons are STILL trying to find Saadia). A troll happened to come by and made quick work of the two warriors, at which point Cincinnatus reached the troll and slew it with ease.

Day 5:
Cincinnatus left Markarth from his home there on a beautiful morning, and set out for Solitude. Along the way, he came across TWO MORE groups of justiciars (one of them may have been the day before, can't remember). Interesting thing about the second one, though, is that they had a prisoner with them, which Cincinnatus freed after he and Serana made short work of the Thalmor. I don't think I've ever had that happen to me before.

Cincinnatus also happened across a couple of farmers who apparently had just lost everything in a dragon attack. Cincinnatus spared some gold coins for them, upon which they were profusely grateful (but seriously, all you can give is 5 coins?).

Sometime before Cincinnatus and Serana reached Solitude, a courier came by and gave him a letter of inheritance. An Orc named Garakh had died. Cincinnatus had actually been right near the stronghold she was in when a Giant attacked. Another Orc was running away, so Cincinnatus came and slew the giant, but unfortunately it was too late for Garakh (to be honest, I don't remember anything about her, it has been so long).

Eventually Cincinnatus and Serana reached Solitude, where they stayed for the night.

Some photos:
Morning in Markarth
I told you I worship whoever I damn well please.
Freeing the Thalmor prisoner
A peaceful jaunt
Solitude in the distance

The Final Day:
This was it: the final stretch. In the morning, Cincinnatus and Serana set out for Morthal. Not much happened on the way there, although some necromancers picked some fights. It was still early afternoon, so they decided to make the last leg of the journey back to Whiterun that day.

Cincinnatus accidentally made a wrong turn, and was going to turn around when suddenly he realized he was nearby Labyrinthian. He decided to go there before setting back out to Whiterun. The moments he stood in those ruins one last time was particularly poignant for two reasons. He had become the Archmage of the College of Winterhold, and the memories of delving Labyrinthian's steps to retrieve the Staff of Magnus flooded back to him.

The other reason took him back to when he was young. Cincinnatus remembered the stories family had told him: that the Eternal Champion was an ancestor of his and had braved its corridors to retrieve a piece to the Staff of Chaos in his quest to defeat Jagar Tharn back in the Third Era. Cincinnatus wasn't sure if he completely believed the stories, although part of him did (in my headcanon, ESO and all of the main games' Heroes are part of the same lineage). [And stupidly, I did not take pictures while I was at Labyrinthian].

After those moments of reflection, it was finally time to go home. Besides a regular dragon deciding to drop in and a few bandits once again foolishly choosing to battle Cincinnatus, nothing special happened. When he made it back to Whiterun in the evening, he made a stop at Warmaiden's. As a highly proficient smith, he bought some ebony ingots and turned them into daggers for presents for his two daughters Sissel and Sofie.

Cincinnatus then walked through the front door of Breezehome, much to the joy of his family. He went to go play outside with the kids for a bit, and when they went back inside he gave his kids the daggers. Cincinnatus wants them prepared in the cruel world that Nirn could be, giving daggers to them in the past and teaching them how to fight.

Cincinnatus then put the kids to bed, and confirmed to his lady Lydia that his days of adventuring were over, much to her relief. As much as he loved the thrill of it, he felt bad that he did not retire sooner for his family. But he also felt he had duties to attend to before he called it quits.

Cincinnatus and Lydia also welcomed Serana if she wanted to stay. If she wanted to leave, she would be welcome back with open arms down the road. With the vampirism long gone, she could live without that burden.

Some photos from the final day:
Last time in Morthal
Whiterun and Snow-Throat in the distance
My last time through Whiterun's doors with Cincinnatus
Home at last
Present for Sissel
Present for Sofie
Tucking the kids into bed
M'lady Lydia

And so ends the story of Cincinnatus. It is a bittersweet feeling, writing the final chapter of my first TES character. He is also the first one I actually retired. I will fill out the official post in the Retired Characters Thread tomorrow.

I'm thinking I will put an end to the story of my Champion of Cyrodiil next. I don't really have anything left that I want him to do.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Oct 5 2017, 05:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 5 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #1704

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, a bittersweet ending and he hangs up his sword. He certainly has a wonderful family though as he retires into a well-earned rest. happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 6 2017, 02:07 AM
Post #1705

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 5 2017, 03:29 PM) *

Yes, a bittersweet ending and he hangs up his sword. He certainly has a wonderful family though as he retires into a well-earned rest. happy.gif

Thanks, Acadian. Glad you liked it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 6 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #1706

Councilor
Group Icon

Cinncinatus looks like a real badass! emot-ninja1.gif I love those dragon shots, nice job. And fighting Thalmor is always an adrenaline rush.

I know what you mean about not shouting as you're playing, RoLtA, lest your roomies get nervous. My daughter and her friends think I'm such a kooky mom sometimes because I do the same thing, without your better self-restraint!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 6 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #1707

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 6 2017, 03:14 PM) *

Cinncinatus looks like a real badass! emot-ninja1.gif I love those dragon shots, nice job. And fighting Thalmor is always an adrenaline rush.

I know what you mean about not shouting as you're playing, RoLtA, lest your roomies get nervous. My daughter and her friends think I'm such a kooky mom sometimes because I do the same thing, without your better self-restraint!

Haha, I don't always restrain myself. I can actually get frustrated pretty easily sometimes. Although depending on the situation I can be more calm.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 16 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #1708

Councilor
Group Icon

I noticed, while reading through the readme for Live Another Life, that one of the options was to start as one of the Vigilants of Stendarr. So although, I'm using Skyrim Unbound for my LE game, I thought I'd give that a try. My new character has the magic and mace setup, and will be walking the roads, looking for Daedra, vampires, witches etc. as well as entering their known haunts.

My first problem has been finding enough torches. Gotta have a torch when walking at night. But you can't buy torches anywhere (can't sell them, either), and I haven't found a good re-spawning supply. That may need a mini-mod.

And later, I'll have to figure out who'd make a proper follower, as they always go around in pairs. Housecarls won't give up their steel armour for a mage robe, and there's similar issues with trying to persuade a mage to use a mace. This may need a custom Vigilant companion. Beware of full-blown mod developing.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 16 2017, 02:47 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 16 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #1709

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 16 2017, 09:36 AM) *

My first problem has been finding enough torches. Gotta have a torch when walking at night. But you can't buy torches anywhere (can't sell them, either), and I haven't found a good re-spawning supply. That may need a mini-mod.

Yes, I came upon the torch issue with Bjorn Tubewyyld, my Thieves Guild guy who used no magic (therefore, no Candlelight spell). In his case, all he had to do was bully various travellers into giving him their loot (Be a Highwayman mod), but that's not gonna work for a VoS.

One option is to go into some caves. I know Embershard has a bunch of torches hanging from its walls, for instance. These can be removed and used. And maybe your Vigilant goes into such caves to 'cleanse' the place of heathens.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 16 2017, 03:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 17 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #1710

Councilor
Group Icon

I started this character in Dawnstar, the nearest offer to the Hall of the Vigilant. So she looked in Quicksilver Mine, and Iron-breaker Mine, and found only candles and lanterns that couldn't be taken. Eventually we reached Embershard, and picked up 22 torches there alone. Found a couple more in random chests, too. Embershard will take a while to re-set, of course, so I'm looking for another concentration of torches.

She moved up her Smithing to Advanced, and made herself Steel Plate boots and Gauntlets (Exquisite quality and rising). Her mace remains steel, but is of similar tempering level. She's got the ranged destruction spells, so has stopped using a bow at all, which is approximately the target for this build. She needs to advance Alteration next, although with the partial Heavy Armour, she won't invest points in the boost perks for her mage armour spells, just take the cost reductions.

The game is currently running without the expansions, so there aren't the Vampire attacks. I may add Dawnguard in soon, although she won't be doing the quests. Skyrim Unbound also lets her be non-Dragonborn so that DLC is wasted. HF not applicable for a road-walker, either.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 30 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #1711

Councilor
Group Icon

Played a bit more with this Vigilant character at the weekend. First I needed to create a new level of armour for her, as the current Steel Plate limit for Vigilants runs a bit short when doing mace and magic. Perking both Destruction and One-handed leaves some other skills behind, and she has little defence without better armour. We considered mage armor, but the boots/gauntlets negate the perks, and her magicka gets used for offence (and post-fight healing).

So now she has a cloth/leather/ebony outfit instead of cloth/leather/plate, and it's up to Epic, instead of just Flawless. Her Steel mace has been traded in for an Ebony one. She's not allowed to use a shield, conjure any assistance, or do any Daedric quests (except I might let her help Erandur against Vermina, and do Pieces of the Past until Silus reveals that he's going to Dagon's shrine). Wiping out necrodudes and vampires whenever they're encountered is a must, but joining the Dawnguard won't happen, as they separated from the Vigilants on bad terms. She's dealt with Potema, but hasn't talked to Elisif after. Meridia's beacon was left in the chest.

After she got her stock of torches from Embershard, they're turning up on random enemies all the time. She's maintaining a level of about 20 in inventory without thinking about it.

Danica has asked her to find Nettlebane. She's wondering of that's Daedric in any way. And she may also help Saadia while she's in the area of Whiterun; that quest seems daedra-neutral. I'm looking over the other Daedric quests to see what she could do without actually dealing with the Daedric Prince. Sam could fool her?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 30 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #1712

Councilor
Group Icon

King Coin's mentioning the Bear Riders had me rolling up a new one and dusting off the mod.

To make it fresh, I decided to play a completely unarmoured non-mage, relying entirely on maxed weapons (two-handed sword and bow) , and help from the bear, of course. She's wearing rider-style rags to keep the "must have rider outfit to ride bear" thing going.

I compromised the non-mage part a bit by letting her enchant as well as smith. So her big sword now has Fiery Soul Trap to add some more damage. She can also get Fortify enchantments when she runs out of steam elsewhere. I suspect she'll end up having problems with boss mages, as she's a Redguard with no inherent resistances.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 30 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #1713

Master
Group Icon

So close to finally getting all of the Daedric artifacts. I've been playing since 2011, and I'm just doing some of the for the first time.

Mephala, Nocturnal, Malacath, and Boethiah are all that remain for Iriana to seek out.

Prior to this adventure, I had never completed Namira's, Hircine's, or Mephala's quests.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 10 2018, 05:50 AM
Post #1714

Mouth
Group Icon

I had a hankering for starting a new character in Skyrim, so...well, I started a new character. Made a Breton named Evelona, and she is heavily focused on using magic (although I have a bow and melee weapon for last resort).

Managed to already find some new things, or at least things I don't remember doing/seeing before in the game. Also was cool to do some quests that I hadn't done in a very long time, like the Daedric quest to (in my case) stop Vaermina.

Also made a very big mistake in dropping into a Falmer-infested dungeon (Sightless Pit), thinking it wouldn't be too much trouble. Boy, was I wrong. My character was still at a pretty low level, and eventually I was forced to just run past all of them.

Sure is cool to begin anew with the game that started it all for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 10 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #1715

Ancient
Group Icon

Kane: I have still never done many of the Daedric quests, like Hircine's and Mephala's. My cannibal Loviatar did do the Molag Bal one in the Abandoned House in Markarth. She is also my only character to do the Namira quest. OTOH most of my characters end up doing the Clavicus Vile quest, just to get rid of that damned dog!

RaderOfTheLostArk: Falmer at low level! ohmy.gif Yow! They are definitely not for the faint of heart.

I have been playing Persephone again. This time I started her out at Arcwind Point. She has been exploring the Rift, and is just about done with it. I turned Shrouded Hearth barrow into her lair by adding all the crafting stations to Wyndelius' room.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 11 2018, 02:59 AM
Post #1716

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 10 2018, 11:59 AM) *

Kane: I have still never done many of the Daedric quests, like Hircine's and Mephala's. My cannibal Loviatar did do the Molag Bal one in the Abandoned House in Markarth. She is also my only character to do the Namira quest. OTOH most of my characters end up doing the Clavicus Vile quest, just to get rid of that damned dog!

I never even triggered the Namira quest until today. Apparently happened to never run across it. My character has no intention of ever doing the quest though. Also never did Mephala's quest either, or Boethiah's.

RaderOfTheLostArk: Falmer at low level! ohmy.gif Yow! They are definitely not for the faint of heart.

Yeah, I was able to kill a few at the beginning of that dungeon, but eventually I came up to a group that I just couldn't contend with. I didn't have enough potions and there wasn't much room to maneuver, so I just had to book it. But later on I had a much easier time with them in Nchuand-Zel after I leveled up some.

I have been playing Persephone again. This time I started her out at Arcwind Point. She has been exploring the Rift, and is just about done with it. I turned Shrouded Hearth barrow into her lair by adding all the crafting stations to Wyndelius' room.

And coincidentally, Evelona just cleared out Shrouded Hearth Barrow today too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 23 2018, 11:07 PM
Post #1717

Councilor
Group Icon

Loredas, 7:33 PM, 27th of Sun's Dawn, 4th Era 203: Today is the second day of fall, and it's 59 degrees outside. Virtually feels like it's freezing already, after months of heat. So I felt inspired to start my Skyrim season early this year. Because 2018 IS the year I'm gong to finally finish up the Main Quest, ha ha ha. Well, maybe 2019. biggrin.gif

Lord Haaf-Mersey is in The Bee 'n' Barb (m'lord) and having some alto wine, and what amounts to a ham & cheese sandwich in our terms. He's going to spend the night in Motomouth Mjoll's house, and then head off to speak to Gunmar, where he'll get paid for completing his last vampire mission, and continue on to the next one. That's pretty much what he does nowadays--all the Dawnguard quests which happen after Harkon.

Haaf-Mersey finishes his meal, and doesn't bother to 'try one of BnB's "special" drinks.' He packs his things in Mjoll's house, rests for the rest of the night, and then gets ready to head off to Dawnguard. EDIT Never mind. It's Sundas now. And he's in Riften. This means he has to spend all day in the Temple of Mara. :facepalm:

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 23 2018, 11:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 24 2018, 12:25 AM
Post #1718

Ancient
Group Icon

Spending all day in the temple praying? What a wild one that Lord HM is! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 24 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #1719

Master
Group Icon

Too bad it's not the temple of Dibella, time there would probably pass quicker. hehe.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 28 2018, 02:06 AM
Post #1720

Councilor
Group Icon

Morndas, 8:45 PM, 1st of First SEed Yeah Lord Haaf-Mersey isn't much fun to be around if it's Sundas, and he's in a town with a chapel. laugh.gif

IPB Image

He is back in the Bee 'n' Barb again, m'lord. Having another meal, this time he's got one of the Dawnguard followers with him, um...Beleval. She's an elf who specializes in crossbows and regular bows. LHM sent Rayya "the Overkiller" home because she's more about sword-play, and Haaf-Mersey doesn't need another fighter with him. He needs someone who can pwn the m0bs from afar, instead. viking.gif

He and Belevar are off to Broken Fang Cave in the morning, to hunt down yet another den of vampires. That should be a lot more fun than sitting around some chapel all day.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 28 2018, 02:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 84 85 86 87 88 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 AM