Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 80 81 82 83 84 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
Sakiri
post Nov 27 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #1621

Master
Group Icon

Problem seems to lie with the fact that Youtube wants control over everyone. Everyone. Alternative media included.

This is how they'll censor us.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 28 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #1622

Master
Group Icon

Project: Prepare new TpF Scenic Excursions episode for upload
Decided to get this out of the way this morning to kill time before I depart for my brother's house, then eat T-day lunch with him at our local all-you-can-eat 'country buffet' restaurant. Thumbnail...check. YT Video description...check. The video itself has been in-the-can for days. This being part 2, there's not much in-video text narrative, as I said much of what little needs saying during part 1. I'll give it a few more looks before upload Friday evening, in case something more comes to me.

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Nov 27 2019, 08:12 AM) *

Problem seems to lie with the fact that Youtube wants control over everyone. Everyone. Alternative media included.

This is how they'll censor us.

Yup, that's the gist of it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 30 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #1623

Master
Group Icon

Project: Publish new TpF1 Scenic Excursions episode

The video was uploaded overnight. It has finished processing and is ready for view. I link is found in our What Are You Playing thread. Alas, I am still unable to embed links within TransportFever.Net forum threads. Most of my views come from those links. Came from, rather. Episode 30a, the first episode I couldn't link there, got less than half the views (within its first week) of prior episodes, all of which are linked at TFN. Considering how understandably few views they get at the best of times, loss of my primary source of viewership ain't a good thing. Left a post about my dilemma on TFN's appropriate forum thread. Should have done so when first noticed 23 Nov (2019). Better late than never??????

I've no must-do projects at the moment, other than help my bro redo a ceiling light whose base came loose as he attempted to replace a dead bulb. Might to that this coming Monday? We shall see.

Saturday mid-morning addendum:
Woot! A TFN moderator fixed whatever was preventing me from embedding videos there. Why didn't I think to report this sooner? Coz I'm a doofus, that's why. End of discussion.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Nov 30 2019, 03:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 2 2019, 11:10 PM
Post #1624

Master
Group Icon

Project: Create TpF1 Scenic Excursions episodes

Between today and yesterday I whipped up three (!) Scenic Excursions episodes into more-or-less final form. Unusual for me, text for the first two practically wrote itself, in no time at all. The third wrote itself to the halfway point. Beyond that...nothing comes. Truth to tell, it needs no more. Well, except for a couple of closing statements, which are already in-place. That third episode, by the way, is the Chesham Fuel Run already featured in three episodes. (The third of those is entirely superfluous.) I justify a fourth due to expensive scenic change both sides of the river as well as a locomotive swap. Stutter is an issue, but unavoidable at this stage of the game.

Raw footage for an additional two-part episode in-the-can.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Dec 23 2019, 07:02 AM
Post #1625

Knower
Group Icon

Not exactly a free time but this past semester I took a Math and Fine Arts class and this was my final project

IPB Image

And the girls are Kalila and Clarissa from Nemesis

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 23 2019, 09:03 AM
Post #1626

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Really nice picture there! I like how the spider is glossy and you really captured the smallest girl's desperation. I give you five mangos out of five! biggrin.gif

Btw, can't they just squash the spider under their foot? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 23 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #1627

Ancient
Group Icon

So were the eight legs of the spider the math part of the class? wink.gif

Really cool picture. I hope she puts that iron skillet to good use!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 28 2019, 11:48 AM
Post #1628

Master
Group Icon

Project: Upload TpF Scenic Excursions episode
Did so overnight. A link is found in our "What are you playing?" thread.

Project: Scan railway-related images from old photo-albums.
Scanned roughly 48 images thus far. Most are for post elsewhere, on train-related, 'forum.' Some will be posted here. The better ones, to the limited extent any of 'em are worth a darn. As I might have stated previously, I knew nothing of composition, framing, etc. in those days. Relatedly, I just ordered an el-cheapo slide digitalizer off Amazon. Don't expect much from it, but my parents' vast side collection can't be viewed at present, as my brother broke our ancient projector some years ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 31 2019, 04:40 PM
Post #1629

Master
Group Icon

Project: Prepare and Mail Dec 2019 internet purchases tax/county/local taxes due
Did so this morning, after making what is almost assuredly my final internet purchase of the year: Train Sim World + one DLC off Steam. Filling out the form, calculating tax, writing out the check, and preparing an envelope are always a hassle, especially as the form doesn't account for some companies tacking on state but not county/local tax at time of purchase. I've figured out a fairly straightforward way to adapt the form for this scenario, but ought not have to. At any rate, the completed return sits in my mailbox awaiting today's mail run.

Project: Balance computerized Checking and Savings Account ledgers.
Did so this morning after taking care of the above. As always, my accounts are now reconciled to the penny.

These projects both help kill time while I await Train Sim World to finish downloading, as it totally hoses internet usages for anything more demanding than forums.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jan 24 2020, 08:06 PM
Post #1630

Master
Group Icon

New project. Bike repair.

Just did another once over of husbands bike.

Cassette is filthy. Little oxidation. Can clean that up np. Crankset is the same. He probably put it in the basement dirty.

The chain is just needing replaced. It's a giant string of rust. I tried shifting through gears and it's so stiff it just falls off the pinions. Need chain breaker. Can't tell if there's a master link or not, it's so bad.

Needs tubes. Tires are ok looking. Brake pads are good. Brakes are tight. Well see how well this goes. Never worked on a bike before.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 2 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #1631

Master
Group Icon

Project: Prepare and post Jan 2020 internet purchase state & local taxes due payment

Project: add air to car tires
Attempted this last month. My problem was that I couldn't get the air-hose nozzle to fit securely on my tire valve stems. I can't bend far enough to do so without triggering nasty knee and/or lower back pain. Had it been warmer I might have dropped to the ground and filled tires in a sitting position, as I've done in the past. (Despite occasionally soaking my pants on wet days.) I finally decided to do it that way despite the cold. But I then noticed a car waiting patiently(?) behind mine for its turn at the pump. Not knowing how long it had been there, and knowing it would take a good while to top off my tires, I abandoned the attempt.

Project: Upload and Publish new TpF Scenic Excursions episode
I should have done so Thursday night. Was too out-of-it to bother. Almost did so Friday night, but decided against it at the very last moment. Why? Since the release of TpF2 my TpF1 vids, which never got many views, now get appreciably fewer. A decent portion of those now almost non-existent views come from links posted at TransportFever.NET. That site hasn't been reachable for the past several weeks. I decided to hold off publishing videos until it's back in action...assuming that happens.

Project: Balance Checking & Savings Account statement
Status: Planned for later today (ADDENDUM: accomplished late morning)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Feb 2 2020, 06:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 4 2020, 09:56 PM
Post #1632

Master
Group Icon

Project: Check Mail
Several hours ago I looked out a living room window. Two things were immediately apparent. 1) Steady hard rain. 2) There's mail in my box. I know this. The flag is down, after having been raised since early morning (bill payment). Changed shoes, grabbed keys, walked to the door, reached for umbrella. It wasn't in its accustomed place. Nor was it elsewhere. I must have put in my car during a recent trip. A young me might don coat and hat and brave the elements to retrieve whatever, if anything, awaits me. I no longer dare.

Complicating things, I no longer hear rain hit the roof, so can't take advantage of breaks in the downfall.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 9 2020, 08:12 PM
Post #1633

Master
Group Icon

Project: Prepare 2019 Fed & State tax returns
I lack a statement from Fidelity Investments. Their site says to check back Feb 12. (I bought TurboTax last month so am read to go otherwise.)

Project: Publish TpF Scenic Excursions episode
Did so early yesterday morning. A link is available in the appropriate thread.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 9 2020, 08:38 PM
Post #1634

Ancient
Group Icon

I did my tax returns last Saturday afternoon. This time around my tax software had an option to scan your W-2, and it would automatically fill in everything from that, instead of you having to type everything in manually. So I went with that. But at the very end it kept telling me it didn't pass the verification test. I spent over a half hour trying to figure out what it was talking about, because all the numbers were matching up. Finally I noticed that the scan had inserted this odd little symbol (not a number or letter) into a field that would normally be blank. I deleted that, and everything was fine afterward. *grrr*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 28 2020, 06:12 PM
Post #1635

Master
Group Icon

Project: Prepare and send 2019 Fed & State tax returns
Finished filling out forms early this week, e-filed (Fed) and mailed (State) returns this morning. As expected, I'm getting money back from both again. Even with TurboTax doing my dirty-work, and guiding me every step of the way, I feel more uncomfortable with the finished paperwork than ever before. Was asked questions new to me this year, questions I had no ready answers for. I researched as best I could, picked answers that best matched what I found out, but am not 100% sure in all instances, one in particular. We shall see, I reckon.

Project: Finalize and Upload TpF Scenic Excursions episode 37
The video itself has been in-the-can well over a month (I think). I did, however, add a bit more text narrative and crank out a final uploadable rendering yesterday, along with a thumbnail video description. Uploaded it overnight. Added an 'end-card' first thing this morning. It's set to publish early tomorrow (Saturday) morning. I'll provide a link in the appropriate thread when the time comes.

Project: Prepare TpF Scenic Excursions episode 38
The video's opening clips and main ride were captured weeks ago. Captured outro and closing clips yesterday afternoon. Combined and edited clips in Filmora9 yesterday afternoon. Add text narrative. Cranked out a test render. Still to do: more narrative text editing, create thumbnail, create video description.

Project: Prepare TpF Scenic Excursions episodes 39a&39b
I captured raw footage for 39b I'm quite pleased with. Raw footage for 38a is serviceable but bland. I might or might not attempt an alternate capture of 39a. No intro/outro clips yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 1 2020, 12:02 PM
Post #1636

Master
Group Icon

Project: Reconcile bank statements with computerized account ledgers
This was something of a fiasco. Right off the bat, my checking account statement and ledger showed different amounts for my military pension. Downloaded my most recent online pension statement. It shows increased Dental and Vision care allotments. Modified my ledger to reflect this.

Next, there was confusion over political candidate donations. I suspected beforehand this might be the case. I made numerous contributions throughout February. They all process through the same agency. One was a blanket affair, supporting multiple individual candidates. That receipt states that my account would be charged as 'one or more individual donations.' I entered it in my ledger as one charge. I had forgotten this by the time my statement arrived, leading to much confusion, as shows three separate charges for that donation.

Once that was worked out, all went well until the end, when I attempted to reconcile the account. It was $10 off! I initially thought it was almost certainly due to the confusion over political donations. I went through all those again, finding no discrepancies. I examined them yet again, same result. I next suspected the problem to be a monetary typo in my ledger entries, which might prove a major pain to spot. Then, I had a moment of brilliance. It came to me that if I had indeed made a monetary typo, the logical place to have done so was when typing in the statement's closing balance while preparing to reconcile. Sure enough, I typed $...x,x5x.xx rather than $...x,x4x.xx. Fixed that. Attempted to reconcile. All's well.

Before moving on to my saving account statement, which is a super-simple no-brainer, I took time to update all 2020 monthly military pension ledger entries to reflect the new healthcare allotment increases. (I have them inputted through Dec.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 3 2020, 04:00 PM
Post #1637

Master
Group Icon

Project: Finalize TpF SRA ep38
Thumbnail and description have been made.

Project: Work on TpF SRA ep39a & 39b
In both cases, all footage has been captured, combined and edited in my video editing program. Text narration is in place. Test renders have been made. Still lacking, thumbnail and description.

Project: Vote in presidential and local primaries
Did so this morning (Super Tuesday). Walked to our polling place, it being very nearby. The place was dead. I cast my votes and hung around a while gabbing with one of the poll workers, who happens to be a next door neighbor. During that time only two other people showed up to vote!

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 3 2020, 04:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 13 2020, 05:44 PM
Post #1638

Master
Group Icon

Project: Upload TpF Scenic Excursions episode
Started the upload right before retiring to the couch yesterday evening, forgetting potentially severe storms were moving through the area during the night. Thankfully, the weather threat amounted to nothing, locally. The video had finished uploading and SD processing by the time I returned to the computer at 0330 this morning. Shortly thereafter HD processing completed, allowing a test view at 1080p. I'll post a link in the appropriate thread after it publishes tomorrow.

Project: Stock up on general purpose medicines in preparation for C-19.
Did so this morning, based on recommendations sent in an e-mail from the huge clinic/hospital all my specialty doctors practice at. Glad I did so today rather than wait until my normal errand day (Monday). Walmart's OTC medicine shelves had already been hit pretty hard. Oddly, it was the children's medicine section that was the hardest hit. It was pretty much barren. Seems strange, since general consensus is that it's old folk like me who already suffer health issues who are in the greatest danger, not kids. Spent $50US. For that kind of money, the virus better be worth it!

(I kept no non-prescription meds in the house whatsoever before today, except two my primary care physician recommended some time ago. I take so many prescription doses daily that I haven't had a cold or flue in a good 15yrs, so there's no need for OTC.)

ADDENDUM:
Project: Activate new debit card
It arrived in today's mail. I activated immediately via the phone option. I then visited Amazon, edited my old card entry to reflect its new expiration date, and ordered a set of 20 Oral-b replacement brush-heads, which I planned to purchase by month's end. I next visited the umbrella site where I make all political donations and brought payment info up to date. I'm now racking what's left of my feeble brain for more orders / obligation-payment sites in need of updating.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 13 2020, 08:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 19 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #1639

Master
Group Icon

Project: Upload TpF video
Did so last night. Tonight, Thursday, is my preferred upload night. But potential severe storms are moving through the area overnight. Didn't want to risk an upload. I could of course hold off until tomorrow night and still been ready for Saturday morning publication. But that doesn't give me any fudge room, if something goes amiss. In any case, I returned to the computer around 0400 this morning to find the video uploaded but still processing its HD element. That finished within minutes.

Project: Convert old family slides to digital files.
I finally forced myself to get this started. Have converted one complete tray and four or so slides from another. The first tray is mostly pictures of a street parade in my hometown. They look to be from the mid 1950s. I'd have been around 4yo. I'm not in any parade picture. Don't know which parent took the shots. There are also a few of me as a preschooler behind the first home I have a conscious memory of.

The second tray is more interesting. It is obviously from the second half of the 1940s. Pictures are of my mom and dad as young adults, and some of their friends/acquaintances. Don't know if they were married at that point. Mom's shown in her work outfit, so maybe married but before I came along?????

I might or might not post a few token pictures here. There'll likely interest no one but me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 19 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #1640

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Good idea to save those slides digitally too. Saves the originals when wanting to wade through them to reminisce. My local library has collected tons if images from people who of course got the originals back.

And yes; put some pics up here!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 80 81 82 83 84 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:16 AM