Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Screenshots, ... and pictures of your TV
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 22 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #1701

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 21 2019, 03:31 PM) *

Rader – Some intense action pix of Cincy in Cyrodiil! That is a busy, scary place sometimes. ohmy.gif

Indeed. Unless you are at or near CP810, coming up against a group of two or more players on your own is an automatic death sentence. I haven't gone out of my way to do so; it only happens when I am just exploring or completing quests.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 22 2019, 01:28 PM) *

That's some heavy combat taking place in Cyrodiil! Maybe Cincy will be the new Emperor? wink.gif

Nice to see names of familiar locations from Oblivion.

Ha, I doubt the title of Emperor is in Cincy's future. He would have to get insanely powerful and proficient at PvP.

And it you like seeing familiar locations, wait until you see this list (unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot to them in this game, but it is still nice to see them). This list is of Cyrodiilic Explorations.

"Jauffre would be one to know. He lives quietly as a monk, in..."

Our guild's hometown!

Oh...oh no...That's not supposed to be there...

You can't see me...

In timeout

The long fall from White Falls Mountain

Not so sinister a place this time

Bruma's Dark Anchor

Cloud Ruler Temple heading up the clouds (unfortunately, you can't even enter)

Imperial City in the distance

Master of art

I'm not as think as you drunk I am

Away from the rage of battle

Still need that beauty rest

The Pact Sentinel

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 22 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #1702

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 21 2019, 01:13 PM) *

Time for some pics from my recent excursions into Cyrodiil. I'm going to break it up into two categories, this post being Scenes from the Battlefield. The next group will be Cyrodiil explorations away from the PvP.

Clowns (Dominion) to the left of me, jokers to the right (Covenant)

Dominating the Dominion

Raising the Banner

Never should have come here...

The Dominion Strikes Back

On the defense

Siege the day

Into the breach

At the doorstep of the enemy

These shots are absolutely spectacular! I don't know how you even managed to hit the screenshot in the middle of all that; but this really brings back so many wonderful memories of the Alliance War gameplay. In my opinion; the war in Cyrodiil was one of the most fun gaming experiences I've ever had; and you have really captured it by explaining who is attacking and the retribution; etc. What a blast Cyrodiil is to play when grouped!

Amazing shots!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 22 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #1703

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 22 2019, 07:49 PM) *
Lopov, though the names are familiar, I don't get much nostalgia in Cyrodiil. What does bring nostalgic tears to Buffy's eyes for her days in Oblivion however is the Gold Coast DLC. Though its main questline is about the Dark Brotherhood, Buffy ignored that. Like other zones though, there are side quests, dailies and plenty to explore. The zone itself includes the area surrounding Kvatch and Anvil and is wonderfully familiar - just like we might imagine the area to be in the era preceding Oblivion.

Good to know! I hope they'll include even more zones in Cyrodiil in the future and that not all of them will be PvP.

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 22 2019, 07:51 PM) *
Oh, I would love to know how you changed the settings to get that first screenshot!!! I love how you stop to take screenshots while Buffy is battling away there, rollinglaugh.gif But my favorite of all is the last one: Deshaan. That really captures the area around Mournhold; I love that shot; love Deshaan!

Buffy didn't need any help so I could take a screenie in between. Heck, I could have taken 20 screenies. laugh.gif You can expect screenies of Pia and Shonta in a few days. wink.gif

Here's a screenie of my camera settings, although I have the game set to German, you can easily figure out which settings is which.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 23 2019, 05:07 PM
Post #1704

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 22 2019, 02:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 22 2019, 07:49 PM) *
Lopov, though the names are familiar, I don't get much nostalgia in Cyrodiil. What does bring nostalgic tears to Buffy's eyes for her days in Oblivion however is the Gold Coast DLC. Though its main questline is about the Dark Brotherhood, Buffy ignored that. Like other zones though, there are side quests, dailies and plenty to explore. The zone itself includes the area surrounding Kvatch and Anvil and is wonderfully familiar - just like we might imagine the area to be in the era preceding Oblivion.

Good to know! I hope they'll include even more zones in Cyrodiil in the future and that not all of them will be PvP.

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 22 2019, 07:51 PM) *
Oh, I would love to know how you changed the settings to get that first screenshot!!! I love how you stop to take screenshots while Buffy is battling away there, rollinglaugh.gif But my favorite of all is the last one: Deshaan. That really captures the area around Mournhold; I love that shot; love Deshaan!

Buffy didn't need any help so I could take a screenie in between. Heck, I could have taken 20 screenies. laugh.gif You can expect screenies of Pia and Shonta in a few days. wink.gif

Here's a screenie of my camera settings, although I have the game set to German, you can easily figure out which settings is which.

Thanks Lopov! I will try to adjust mine; and hope it works!

Oh, and by the way = Acadian is right about the Gold Coast making you feel nostalgic to Oblivion = it absolutely does; and moreso than Cyrodiil will = but seeing the familiar names in Cyrodiil does give me a warm feeling too.

I just wanted to post these pics of Dagoth-Malan. He is supposed to be a Chimer; but I had to use the High Elf face to make him. I didn't have the picture of Vivec to go by; so was going by my crappy memory of what the original Vivec from Morrowind looked like for his facial features (the only male version of what Chimer look like that I could find). The last pics are what Dagoth-Malan looked like in my Oblivion game = which unfortunately I used the Dark Elf base for, so he turned out greenish in Oblivion.

https://imgur.com/a/kvtOlN4

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 23 2019, 05:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 23 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #1705

Master
Group Icon

Good job, mALX! A very unique-looking character. I see he already participated in bringing down the Shellcracker.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 23 2019, 05:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 23 2019, 05:44 PM
Post #1706

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 23 2019, 11:10 AM) *

Good job, mALX! A very unique-looking character. I see he already participated in bringing down the Shellcracker.

Thanks! I added some more (and better) pics of my old Oblivion game Dagoth-Malan to the link too.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 23 2019, 06:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 23 2019, 06:01 PM
Post #1707

Paladin
Group Icon

Great job, mALX! The bald head really carries it. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 23 2019, 06:51 PM
Post #1708

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 23 2019, 12:01 PM) *

Great job, mALX! The bald head really carries it. smile.gif

Lol, he had to be bald = but I have taken A LOT of ribbing over his bald head being so shiny people can't see to play beside me in daylight (etc) from my friend Aussie (mostly) and others at SneakyBo, lol.

If I put a hat on him I could call him "Heisenberg" and use it as one of his disguises, laugh.gif

Heisenberg:

https://image.businessinsider.com/505879f3e...g&auto=webp

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 23 2019, 06:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 23 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #1709

Ancient
Group Icon

mALX, Dagoth Malan looks a bit like a Nosferatu, which is perfect for his story! Well done!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 23 2019, 09:00 PM
Post #1710

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 23 2019, 11:10 AM) *

Yes he did! (but with plenty of help, thank goodness), lol.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 23 2019, 01:40 PM) *

mALX, Dagoth Malan looks a bit like a Nosferatu, which is perfect for his story! Well done!

Thank you so much! I am pretty sure that is what Bethesda was going for when they created Vivec's image in the original game:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/eldersc...=20140330095518

This is def the image I was going for; just couldn't find it while in Character Creation, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 23 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #1711

Councilor
Group Icon

Just a screenshot

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 24 2019, 01:25 AM
Post #1712

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 23 2019, 04:18 PM) *

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! You got the Achievement!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Geez, don't we get any details about your Cyrodiil fishing trip?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 24 2019, 01:57 AM
Post #1713

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm still busy cropping pictures.

The Cyrodil part got off to a good start this morning, as we found that the Salt water and River fishing holes were all in Dominion territory, making it easy to get there. And there were a decent number of lakes too. In the first hour we had all those done. Nine out of twelve fish.

But the foul water fishing is all around the edge of Lake Rumare, and that's contested territory. So getting there was an issue. And there are notices about not going in the deep water because of slaughterfish. It appears that "deep water" includes damp patches of grass, because he was suddenly back at the start with scarred ankles.

Once we had that lesson learned, we did a complete circuit of the lake, fishing at every hole on the way - at least thirty of them. Plenty of the green fish - Pufferfish and Quillfish - but no sign of the blue. We'd gone through a whole Tamriel day at this point. WE started in the dark, and it was dark again, before we finally found a Sewer Eel.

Then he ran into the lake and let the slaughterfish send him back home. laugh.gif

It took almost as long to fillet the 550 white fish he caught, but that did mean a lot of Perfect Roe. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 24 2019, 02:18 AM
Post #1714

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 23 2019, 07:57 PM) *

I'm still busy cropping pictures.

The Cyrodil part got off to a good start this morning, as we found that the Salt water and River fishing holes were all in Dominion territory, making it easy to get there. And there were a decent number of lakes too. In the first hour we had all those done. Nine out of twelve fish.

But the foul water fishing is all around the edge of Lake Rumare, and that's contested territory. So getting there was an issue. And there are notices about not going in the deep water because of slaughterfish. It appears that "deep water" includes damp patches of grass, because he was suddenly back at the start with scarred ankles.

Once we had that lesson learned, we did a complete circuit of the lake, fishing at every hole on the way - at least thirty of them. Plenty of the green fish - Pufferfish and Quillfish - but no sign of the blue. We'd gone through a whole Tamriel day at this point. WE started in the dark, and it was dark again, before we finally found a Sewer Eel.

Then he ran into the lake and let the slaughterfish send him back home. laugh.gif

It took almost as long to fillet the 550 white fish he caught, but that did mean a lot of Perfect Roe. smile.gif

This sounds wonderful!!! What a great fishing story!!!! (and yeah; all the water in Cyrodiil is filled with Slaughterfish. You even have to swim across them to get one of the skyshards; it is not easy, lol).

Since they changed it so you can transport directly to the Imperial City Sewers (instead of having to ride to them from your Alliance base) = the area around the Rumare has become pretty safe; no reason for Players to go there unless they are fishing.

Committing suicide to get back to your base in Cyrodiil is pretty much standard practice; just don't ever do it in the Imperial City or Imperial City Sewers; because even the beasts can steal your Telvar stones there if they kill you. (I buy the magic transport stones for the Imperial City to magically travel back to your Alliance Base).

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 24 2019, 02:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 25 2019, 10:52 AM
Post #1715

Master
Group Icon

@RaderOfTheLostArk - great screenies from Cyrodiil. Nice to see that there are peaceful ares too. Cincy, as always, looks great in red & black.

Hackdirt is that old already? ohmy.gif Is there some story involved with it?

Looks like Bruma is destined to be in the clutches of Oblivion.

---

Pia Khan & Shonta Quassan

"This dame will help me find the final skyshard of Deshaan."

"Done and done."

"Good morning."

Lute player in Stormhold

Egg-kin

---

The name of the lute player was Universal Deity, I wrote it down if we ever see him again. Shonta enjoyed watching him, he clapped and danced around. He was playing the lute almost the entire time while I was online, because Shonta passed him many times. Later on Shonta wanted to give him some gold, but by then he was already gone.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 25 2019, 10:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 25 2019, 01:13 PM
Post #1716

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov - Wonderful shots of Shonta and Pia. I know what you mean about bards. Buffy can rarely pass by one without stopping to dance. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 25 2019, 01:34 PM
Post #1717

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 23 2019, 07:57 PM) *

Much of the design around the edges of Lake Rumare really bugs me in this game. I'm fine with a slaughterfish infestation preventing crossing over to the Imperial City island, but when I am standing in actual two-inch water I shouldn't be getting eviscerated by them. You can't even see them! This became even more of a nuisance when I was doing this quest called "Nirnroot Wine." You have to retrieve something called Red Mountain Ash (which you mine apparently, instead of pick like a reagent as I expected), which only grows on the edges of Lake Rumare. Very "conveniently" a bunch of them were in spots where I had to jump down to the shore but could not climb back up outcroppings. The only way out, theoretically, is to...swim through the slaughterfish-infested waters, but you won't be able to get out in time before you die.

Another thing that annoys me is that if you jump in to help Imperial soldiers fighting the daedra at the bridges, you often inexplicably get an invincible Daedric Titan and/or Daedroth(s). Usually one of them can be killed, but the others you can't do any damage to at all. One time in my latest excursion to Cyrodiil, I actually managed to kill all three of them (1 Daedric Titan, 2 Daedroths) and even damage that Dremora spellcaster on that particular bridge from a distance (you can't get too close, or whatever spell suspends the bridge automatically kills you). I got the Dremora down to 0 health...and they still didn't die! They kept casting spells at me.

I just don't get some of the design choices there. Very frustrating. On the bright side, it is still interesting to go around those areas to explore a bit.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 25 2019, 04:52 AM) *

@RaderOfTheLostArk - great screenies from Cyrodiil. Nice to see that there are peaceful ares too. Cincy, as always, looks great in red & black.

Hackdirt is that old already? ohmy.gif Is there some story involved with it?

Looks like Bruma is destined to be in the clutches of Oblivion.

---

Pia Khan & Shonta Quassan

"This dame will help me find the final skyshard of Deshaan."

"Done and done."

"Good morning."

Lute player in Stormhold

Egg-kin

Thank you. I like the peaceful ones more, especially from an aesthetic standpoint. There's something captivating about really peaceful places being within shouting distance of war-torn battlefields.

Unfortunately, there is little story to be told about some of these familiar haunts. Hackdirt is completely occupied by a bandit group called the Black Daggers, who are also in a bunch of other spots in western Cyrodiil, and all of the buildings are chained up. Hence, the title of the shot referenced how there was no creepy factor like in Oblivion. Weynon Priory has some repeatable quests that are necessary if you want the "Chorrol Weynon Priory Adventurer" achievement (which is one of the achievements needed for the "Tamriel Hero" title), but they aren't "real" quests.

Cheydinhal, Cropsford (much bigger than it was in Oblivion), Chorrol (lots of "Cs" in regards to Cyrodiil, now that I think about it), and Bruma are major landmarks somewhat similar in that regard, although the respective issues for all those places make them a bit more interesting.
-Cheydinhal is stuck in a never-ending battle between Imperial soldiers and Imperial rebels.
-Bruma has the dark anchor right in town and Dremora plaguing the streets. It is also one of the 10 dolmens to destroy in Cyrodiil.
-Chorrol has those giant, lava-filled fissures, and it isn't uncommon to see Pact, Covenant, and/or Dominion honor guards go at it. I have even seen one of each Alliance attack each other at the same time multiple times.
-Cropsford is a major settlement that constantly changes hands between the Alliances, as it can be captured in PvP gameplay.

Nice screenshots. Glad to see Shonta has been able to go home to the Marsh. From where exactly does he hail in your backstory for him?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 25 2019, 03:03 PM
Post #1718

Ancient
Group Icon

None of Khajiit’s characters have ever stepped foot in Cyrodiil (unless you count the Gold Coast, which we don’t because it’s separate from the rest of Cyrodiil in this game).

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 25 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #1719

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 25 2019, 09:03 AM) *

None of Khajiit’s characters have ever stepped foot in Cyrodiil (unless you count the Gold Coast, which we don’t because it’s separate from the rest of Cyrodiil in this game).

Lore-wise, it is separated from the rest of Cyrodiil in ESO as well, seceding from the greater province. But there is a lot of fun to be had in Cyrodiil, as long as you like PvPing or don't mind the threat of it too much. And if you were looking for some skill points, there's 15 from skyshards alone.

But yeah, if you are not into PvP at all, then it is probably not going to be a fun time for you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 25 2019, 05:32 PM
Post #1720

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 25 2019, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 25 2019, 09:03 AM) *

Lore-wise, it is separated from the rest of Cyrodiil in ESO as well, seceding from the greater province. But there is a lot of fun to be had in Cyrodiil, as long as you like PvPing or don't mind the threat of it too much. And if you were looking for some skill points, there's 15 from skyshards alone.

But yeah, if you are not into PvP at all, then it is probably not going to be a fun time for you.

Especially as BG's give you access to the skill lines, and you get your Caltrops and Vigor, just by losing enough times. You don't need to go to Cyrodiil itself at all.

Except that ZOS keep on finding new ways to include it in events, and achievements. I suppose the PvP-only crowd argue the same the other way round, but events themselves aren't a PvP thing, and the one Midyear Mayhem event isn't popular with them, I've heard.

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 84 85 86 87 88 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:55 PM