> Kingdom Come: Deliverance, A new open-world RPG set in Medieval Europe
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 23 2018, 10:27 PM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 23 2018, 03:03 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 23 2018, 02:57 PM) *

Yeah, Khajiit is iffy about this game. This one is waiting for reviews to come out before deciding to check it out.

Hey, did this one get a new profile pic? smile.gif Maybe I'm just noticing it and it's been different for awhile.

Yep, new avatar!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 25 2018, 12:46 PM
Post #62

Master
Group Icon

Well, I did it. Took the plunge. Bit the bullet. Ordered KCD off Steam last night just prior to retiring. It's bought and paid for, which I suppose makes the game no different than almost every member of the US Congress. I had pretty much already made up my mind to buy it eventually. This new Warhorse Studios video put me over the top.

My biggest fear play wise concerns one of the features that most interests and excites me, the game's in depth combat system. My concern is that at this stage of life my mind and reflexes might not be up to the challenge of learning the various moves and being able to execute 'em fast enough to be effective in battle. We shall see. Worse come to worse I suppose I can apply for a position as village idiot in some out of the way hamlet.

Needed to expand my game partition to make room for it. How that partition got so full is beyond me. It's a fair large partition and I don't have all that many games installed. Thankfully Partition Master makes resizing and moving partitions a fairly painless process. (I took the addition space from my Productivity Programs partition, which had more room than I'll ever be able to fill.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jan 25 2018, 12:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 25 2018, 02:04 PM
Post #63

Councilor
Group Icon

I am going to get it too, but I'll try to avoid Steam if I can (if it's possible). For some reason, I'm wanting to be a really stealthy character in this game. Sneaking around in the brush and trees looks like it'll be a heck of a lot of fun.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jan 25 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

Keep us posted on how it goes!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 25 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #65

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jan 25 2018, 07:40 AM) *

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Indeed. Khajiit is curious.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 26 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #66

Master
Group Icon

I did mention how much I like the way helmets with visors are implemented in the game???? Finally! I've been wanting this feature since I first began playing PC RPGs. For some years I've hoped someone would mod it into Oblivion. Though I play Oblivion in third person, I think it would be super neat if, as KCD does, visors stay up out of way until combat, then lower into place. Gads that would look impressive. I'd miss out on lowered visor restricted view (due to third person) but then again my avatar wears an open face helm, so its sort of beside the point.

Here's a video on combat I just came across.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 26 2018, 05:23 PM
Post #67

Councilor
Group Icon

Does this game feature 3rd person at all? Or is it 1st person only?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 26 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #68

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 26 2018, 10:23 AM) *

Does this game feature 3rd person at all? Or is it 1st person only?

Ya know, I don't think anyone's ever addressed this. So far as I can tell the game looks be be first person with automatic switch to third person for certain actions like conversing with NPCs. But that's pure speculation.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 2 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

Another new (to me) trailer video from Warhorse Studios. Is it just me, or does that fellow on horseback announcing his intent to the castle look something like Littlefinger as depicted in the the TV series Game of Thrones?

Though there is overlap, I'm gonna need to treat this game differently than an Elder Scrolls titles. Though the main difference as I see it between to two series is that with KCD the main character's face and body are not physically customizeable and he comes with a well established "history," that gives the KCD a VERY different feel. (Lack of magic isn't important to me in this case, and I love medieval history as much as fantasy.) Sure hope this all pans out and the game itself comes at least close to what we witness in the many Warhorse trailers and other videos.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 2 2018, 03:43 PM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 23 2018, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 23 2018, 04:02 PM) *

On the other hand, the main character is pretty much defined as being a young man, which sort of rules out my preference for creating decrepit old farts

Ha ha I love this!

Agreed, I sprayed my tea when I saw that too, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 2 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 25 2018, 06:46 AM) *

Well, I did it. Took the plunge. Bit the bullet. Ordered KCD off Steam last night just prior to retiring. It's bought and paid for, which I suppose makes the game no different than almost every member of the US Congress. I had pretty much already made up my mind to buy it eventually. This new Warhorse Studios video put me over the top.

My biggest fear play wise concerns one of the features that most interests and excites me, the game's in depth combat system. My concern is that at this stage of life my mind and reflexes might not be up to the challenge of learning the various moves and being able to execute 'em fast enough to be effective in battle. We shall see. Worse come to worse I suppose I can apply for a position as village idiot in some out of the way hamlet.

Needed to expand my game partition to make room for it. How that partition got so full is beyond me. It's a fair large partition and I don't have all that many games installed. Thankfully Partition Master makes resizing and moving partitions a fairly painless process. (I took the addition space from my Productivity Programs partition, which had more room than I'll ever be able to fill.)

Really looks Awesome, Decrepit! Congratulations on your purchase! I have to agree, that vid made me want to try it too! I don't like the character and backstory being chosen for you, (or playing a man) but the ability to roleplay in this game would be amazing if you could get around that! Did they give you a release date or say what the requirements were for your PC?

My questions (other than those above) = Will there be access to the Developer's console? And I wondered about what he said about wanting to ever return to a town after fighting with the guards = is there a limit to bad rep memory or will they never get over some mischief you get into? (I see a world of towns my Henry won't be allowed to enter, lol). Another question I can think of = they kept mentioning sleeping in your bed; do you have one? Do you have a home?

I may be interested in this game; but sure would like it if they gave you a buxom female character to play as an alternative, lol.

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 26 2018, 09:50 AM) *

I did mention how much I like the way helmets with visors are implemented in the game???? Finally! I've been wanting this feature since I first began playing PC RPGs. For some years I've hoped someone would mod it into Oblivion. Though I play Oblivion in third person, I think it would be super neat if, as KCD does, visors stay up out of way until combat, then lower into place. Gads that would look impressive. I'd miss out on lowered visor restricted view (due to third person) but then again my avatar wears an open face helm, so its sort of beside the point.

Here's a video on combat I just came across.

Did it say if you are able to choose 3rd person in combat? Looked to me like all combat was in first person; also the horse riding seemed to be all first person too.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 2 2018, 04:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 2 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 2 2018, 09:00 AM) *

Another new (to me) trailer video from Warhorse Studios. Is it just me, or does that fellow on horseback announcing his intent to the castle look something like Littlefinger as depicted in the the TV series Game of Thrones?

Though there is overlap, I'm gonna need to treat this game differently than an Elder Scrolls titles. Though the main difference as I see it between to two series is that with KCD the main character's face and body are not physically customizeable and he comes with a well established "history," that gives the KCD a VERY different feel. (Lack of magic isn't important to me in this case, and I love medieval history as much as fantasy.) Sure hope this all pans out and the game itself comes at least close to what we witness in the many Warhorse trailers and other videos.

It only looks like Littlefinger if you are looking through rose colored glasses that drop 30 years off of Littlefinger's age, lol. (jk).

I am wondering if (and kind of get the feeling it will be) this game is kind of like Witcher; where the quests are laid out in a linear mold that the player has to follow up to the conclusions; and then their choice will determine the outcome?

In other words, will you be able to avoid the main questline (like the historical war that they depicted in this vid) or will it be thrust on you after some unseen trigger is passed? (like the dragon attacks in Skyrim).

I am def interested in this game, but not enough to buy it before the release. I think I might hold off a year till I hear Player's feedbacks and give WH time to fix all the new game glitches, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 4 2018, 04:09 AM
Post #73

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 2 2018, 09:50 AM) *

I am wondering if (and kind of get the feeling it will be) this game is kind of like Witcher; where the quests are laid out in a linear mold that the player has to follow up to the conclusions; and then their choice will determine the outcome?

In other words, will you be able to avoid the main questline (like the historical war that they depicted in this vid) or will it be thrust on you after some unseen trigger is passed? (like the dragon attacks in Skyrim).

I am def interested in this game, but not enough to buy it before the release. I think I might hold off a year till I hear Player's feedbacks and give WH time to fix all the new game glitches, etc.

I've no answer to these queries. From pure video observation and nothing else I gather that the main quest line goes (and possibly others) on whether you decide to participate or not. This is the sort of thing I like in a game, where the world goes about its business whether you choose to help it along or not. No idea what consequences this might hold for our avatars, but hope there are some. Seems as if some quests have time limits in the sense that they too go about their business and might resolve before you get around to it if you dawdle too long. This again I like very much.

I have long thought it would be neat if Oblivion could be modded for those who do NOT want to participate in the main quest line so that the game begins soon AFTER the Crisis the over. (Rather than before it starts as extant alternate start mods do.) There would be an NPC with the title of Champion of Cyrodiil our avatars would occasionally see walking to and from White Gold Tower to attend council meetings and traveling to different cities on official government business. Depending on which DLC we own, there might also be an NPC Divine Crusader traveling the realm righting wrongs. Our avatars would hear the populous praise the actions and accomplishments of these renown personages. All the while our avatars roam around Cyrodiil willy nilly as shiftless adventures who never settle down and make anything truly worthwhile of themselves. Or simply lead mundane ordinary lives as farmers or guards or what have you.

But as to CKD I can only speculate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 4 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #74

Councilor
Group Icon

From watching that lady's video, I remember she said something about Henry being able to do anything he wants: bad, good, thievery, chivalry. Game seems pretty open-ended to me. smile.gif

I have modded that into several of my games: the Oblivion Crisis is essentially over and done with. It's a lot of work and tricky, but doable. And there are others mods out there which eliminate all the "Champion" dialog which shows up, which really makes the whole situation more believable.

I am wondering how inventory works. I wonder if KC will allow a more realistic carry weight than ES games do.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 4 2018, 09:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 19 2018, 03:30 PM
Post #75

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, I did it. Took the plunge. Bit the bullet. Ordered KCD off Steam last night just prior to retiring.

Well????

biggrin.gif

Maybe D's too busy getting into this game; forum reports become secondary. I get it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 19 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 19 2018, 08:30 AM) *

Well, I did it. Took the plunge. Bit the bullet. Ordered KCD off Steam last night just prior to retiring.

Well????

biggrin.gif

Maybe D's too busy getting into this game; forum reports become secondary. I get it.

It shames me to admit (but not a lot) that I'm so hooked on Mashinky right now I've put next to no time into KCD. Not three days prior to KCD's release I felt there was little left to be done on my current Mashinky map other than some fine tuning, so I'd be free and clear to jump aboard KCD at launch with no regrets. Then all of sudden I discovered a whole new field of interest in Mashinky that has kept me busy ever since. Too busy for pretty much any and everything else, KCD included. Thank goodness I wrote down all the controls I moved around...coz I've forgotten most of 'em. (The game has a LOT of controls.) In melee I'm gonna try something I've never done in games, utilize my mouse's two side buttons, one for Special Attacks, the other for Blocking. As Primary and Secondary attack use the two standard mouse buttons it seems logical to key the others close by. But will it work? We shall see. In a bow to Daggerfall I moved inventory to T5 and Character Sheet to T6, so those two at least are familiar. (Horse Menu is F7.)

How far are you along? I assume the game downloaded overnight so that you are able to play now?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 19 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #77

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 19 2018, 02:37 PM) *

How far are you along? I assume the game downloaded overnight so that you are able to play now?

OH I haven't bought it yet. It's on Steam? I'll get into it when I have a nice block of free time, no doubt. Maybe this weekend.

The 'extra buttons' thing might be a concern for me since I prefer controllers over mouse + keys. I can probably make my controller work for KC: D if the game doesn't support these, but still. Small concern there.

I expect I'll get hooked into KC: Deliverance for sure. It's not going to be a "forever" Thing since we can't make our own characters, but it really does look like a world unto itself, which is what we're all about nowadays.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 14 2018, 03:02 AM
Post #78

Master
Group Icon

With patch 1.3.1 installed I began playing KCD in earnest. Haven't gotten far into the opening/tutorial. A surprisingly stumbling block...I can't for the life of me steer my avatar's horse. That means I'm stuck on the first "escape" sequence, fast horse travel being mandatory there. What gets me is that I have the controls set up very like what I use in Oblivion, where my avatar tends to spend a large portion of his active day in the saddle. No issues with Oblivion horse riding whatsoever. But KCD? It is so far totally beyond me. It's gotta be me, not the game. I've watched a number of YouTube KCD vids. No one else has the least bit of trouble controlling Henry's mount.

I also stink at combat. Surprisingly, I won the initial "fisticuffs" combat on my second try. Otherwise, forget it. At least with combat I expect to improve with practice...assuming I lick to riding dilemma enough to advance the game.

My only real gripe that isn't related to player incompetence is the save system, or rather lack thereof. Even with the newly added "save & exit" option in place, lack of "save anytime anywhere" means I rarely play more than five to ten minutes before needing to save & exit so I don't lose valuable progress. Two mods correct this. I'm a bit leery of them at the moment, with the game still being frequently patched. When the dust settles I'll install whichever is the better of the two.

I've encountered only one glitch thus far, no worse than the sort of visual silliness one encounters in Oblivion from time to time.

I'm no fan of cutscenes, though they have their uses (such as at the very end of the Oblivion Crisis...you know the one). That said, the many cutscenes during KCD's tutorial are so well done they don't much bother me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 14 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #79

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, so we can mod the game, eh? That's good. I wonder if we can at least change Henry's name? I doubt they'll let us change his face, but at least if we can mod the name I'd be happy about that.

Sucks about your horse dilemma. Yeah, I wonder what that could be?

I suspect that combat simply takes some getting used to. After awhile you'll be good at it, as the buttons you need to push become second nature.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 15 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 14 2018, 07:50 AM) *

Wow, so we can mod the game, eh? That's good. I wonder if we can at least change Henry's name? I doubt they'll let us change his face, but at least if we can mod the name I'd be happy about that.

Sucks about your horse dilemma. Yeah, I wonder what that could be?

I suspect that combat simply takes some getting used to. After awhile you'll be good at it, as the buttons you need to push become second nature.

Yeah, Nexus already has a KCD section. Not a lot there yet, but some interesting stuff, along with the usual "cheaty" mods I've no interest in. There is, btw, already a mod that offers a few different Henry face options, though they appear to be presets that can't be manipulated.

As to the horse, my suspicion is that the keys combo needed to steer it during the escape sequence is subtly yet significantly different from what I normally use in other games featuring mounted travel. That combined with being introduced to riding in a life or death situation with absolutely no time to experiment with the controls is proving too much for me. Then again, I could be missing something obvious that when realized will magically solve my dilemma. Yeah, I'm not overly concerned about combat. There are plenty of chances to practice and improve, not all connected to life threatening situations.

One thing I like very much...if the lengthy tutorial is the norm rather than an exception Warhorse has kept its promise to provide multiple solutions to the majority of its quests. I've watched a good number of LP episodes from various YouTubers, just the beginning up through the horse-ride escape I'm having so much trouble with, and am thrilled with how many different ways even some seemingly inconsequential tasks can play out.

ADDENDUM: A nice little video about KCD and real life map location comparisons.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 15 2018, 05:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:41 AM