Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coldshort's Company - Playground
Dantrag
post Sep 5 2011, 06:48 AM
Post #121

Councilor
Group Icon

Keara

"That's a damn good question," she answered, being honest for once, "I don't know where they've been taken, or even if they're still alive. I'd like to do it quick and quiet, but I really don't have enough to go on just yet."

"For know, we need to get on the trail. Lucky here's got a good nose and I know exactly where to start. Once we have some clues, I think a plan will come."

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Sep 15 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #122

Master
Group Icon

Damon Wyeth

"Not much to go on." Damon muttered, rolling his shoulders to relieve the biting straps on his shoulders. He liked to trust people and the girl seemed concerned enough for her story to be true. It's not as though I'm not on the end of my tether either.

"But I'm a might unwelcome around this place at the moment." He said, offering the girl his hand. "Call me Wyeth, sounds like we've got some hiking to do."
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 15 2011, 08:03 AM
Post #123

Councilor
Group Icon

Keara

"I know the feeling; I'm unwelcome about everywhere," she said, only half joking. She shook Wyeth's hand when he offered it, doing her best to keep her own from shaking.

"Keara's my name," she said, looking straight into his good eye, wondering if it was the same one that had been uncovered the night before, "My hairy friend is Lucky, and this guy calls himself Mongoose."

"If you guys can get along for a few minutes, I'm gonna go pick up some supplies and I'll meet you outside the gate later."

--------------------
+Quote Post
grif11
post Sep 15 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #124

Finder
Group Icon

"Get some rest. The boss wants to see you tomorow, so you better get some beauty sleep." Their captor joked, pushing raymond into his cell. Across from him was Jonathon, while Laura was taken down a different corridor, and Alexei was most likely in the medical room.

"Of course, don't get too attached to your cell, we'll make sure you get moved after your 'interrogations'" The regulator said, before returning the way he'd came, leaving Raymond and Jonathon alone.

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 16 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #125

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan Guntherson

"Of course, don't get too attached to your cell, we'll make sure you get moved after your 'interrogations'" The jailor said over his shoulder as he vanished back in the direction of the entrance, leaving Jonathan and Raymond alone. With a sigh, Jonathan sat down on the cold floor close to the bars. In the gloom, he could barely see gramps in the opposite cell.

"So they're moving us...Guess that means we won't get the time to dig a tunnel out of here with our toenails. Anyway, how are you holding up, Raymond? Got any idea where we are?" While talking, Jonathan felt the bars till he found the door he'd been shoved through. The cell didn't look like the most luxurious and well-maintained affair so just maybe...No, the hinges might be a bit rusty but were more than sturdy enough to resist his feeble muscles. As for the lock, he'd already given up on that idea. Picking locks wasn't his thing and while he could learn, he was more likely to cause an irreparable jam than open it. Especially if he couldn't see the damn thing.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 16 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #126

Councilor
Group Icon

Keara

Keara turned to leave, snapping at Lucky so he would follow. She made her way towards the town gate, and waited outside for Leo to show. It wasn't long before he came strolling out. The dealer thrust two inhalers into her hand.

"There's two only because I owe you for last time," he said bluntly, "Don't expect any more favors."

Keara nodded gratefully, knowing that she would need it to get through the next few days. When Leo walked away, she took a small lungful of air; only enough to take the edge off of the harsh reality of withdrawal. She was going to have to ration, and she knew it. Feeling a bit better, she took a seat on a nearby rock and waited for the others to show. It was almost time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
grif11
post Sep 16 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #127

Finder
Group Icon

"I'm fine" Raymond grunted to his teamate. "I've been captured before. At least here I haven't been crucified. Let me tell you, that wasn't fun."

Raymond could only just make out the outline of his partner. From what he could make out, Jonathon was sitting near the bars. Raymond sat against the wall beside the bars and asked "How do you think Keara's doing. Do you think she made it to Megaton?"

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 17 2011, 09:49 AM
Post #128

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan Gunterson

"Ouch...that sounds bad. How did you g..." Jonathan began but Raymond had already shifted the subject to Keara. It didn't matter anyhow. Whatever means the old man had employed to free himself, they likely wouldn't apply to their current situation. Best thing they could do was either wait for Keara to come haul them out, or try and get in contact with the rest of the company and come up with a plan.

"Keara?" Jonathan repeated for himself and shifted into a more comfortable position.
"The lass was the first to bolt, along with her little companion. And we tied up most of the regulators with our diversion. Come to think of it, I don't remember being joined by some regulators that split off from the main group and they seemed rather happy about themselves. I guess they either didn't notice our girl or didn't care." He shrugged.
"So as long as she doesn't get herself eaten by an overgrown lizard or something, she'll make it. The bigger question is if she can get enough guns to bail us out."

Jonathan glanced at the direction the jailor had vanished. The man was out of sight and there were no footsteps to indicate his imminent return. So the mechanic leaned closer to the bars and whispered, hoping Raymond could still hear what he was saying.
"And I was just thinking. There has to be a way to get back in touch with Laura and Alexei and figure out an alternative escape route. Just in case Keara doesn't get here soon with the cavalry. I don't want to stay here till I die and all but to just try to get out on our own isn't what I want either."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Sep 17 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #129

Agent

Laura was unceremoniously pushed into her cell, the door swinging shut behind her with a clang, the lock closing with a satisfying crunch of rusted metal on slightly more rusted metal. The prison didn't look like it had seen much use, or if it had the prisoners did not stay here long. Her jailor had already left without a word, and Laura was on her own.

She smiled to herself, an oversight on the jailors part. He must've been used to raiders and scared farm boys, not proper mercs. First thing Laura did was measure her cell in strides, it wasn't roomy, but the area hadn't been built to hold people in, likely an old cellar, which gave her enough room to breathe in. The walls were old, but sturdy, same as every other building that had survived the war. While the age was showing in the flaking mortar, they were thick and strong, not something that would be easy to bust through without some help.

Finally Laura checked the floor around her, it was damp in places, speaking of either busted piping somewhere or it had been recently cleaned. It felt solid, no chance of an underground room to break into to escape through. All in all the room was fairly sufficient to hold her, especially without her tools. That meant she'd have to talk her way out or hope one of the others managed to find a way out of their respective cells. Raymond and Jonathon were together which was good, the two always worked well, Raymond having the patience to let Jonathon bounce ideas off him. Alexei was likely out in the medical room, or restrained in some way. He wouldn't be stupid enough to try and break out of the med bay, as his size likely meant he was under heavy watch.

That lef Keara, the girl had got away or the Regulators would have mentioned it. But it was whether the girl would cut her losses and run, or whether she'd come back for them. Laura hoped for the latter, but the girl was skittish and the meds she used could make her unpredictable. Laura sighed, for now there was nothing she could do except make the most of her time, and decline her captors some of the advantages they'd hope to gain. She started with her stretches, interrogation technique hoped for her to be tired, in pain from not having room to move and anxious with pent up energy, best to solve those now incase they dragged them out of bed in the middle of the night.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 18 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #130

Councilor
Group Icon

Keara

It was the waiting that bothered her. Keara was never good at waiting, only good at acting. Acting only required instinct, while waiting always brought about thinking. The more she waited, the more she thought, and the more she thought about her current situation, the more anxious and fearful she became. She was about to trek across the wastes with two complete strangers, one of whom had already leveled a gun barrel in her face. Who was to say that they wouldn't rob and kill her in her sleep, or worse turn her in to the Regulators? Especially after they learned that she'd lied to them.

Why was she even going back for Laura and the others? The thought left a guilty feeling in her gut, but it couldn't be ignored. She thought back on her time with the Company, remembering the looks they gave her, wondering why she still hung around even after paying her debts to them. She remembered Raymond's scope on her every time she went scouting, and always living under Laura's watchful eye, trying time and time again to be accepted. And had she been? Would any of them; Raymond, Jonathan, Alexei, or even Laura honestly call her friend? It was a question she couldn't answer. She had good memories with each of them, to be sure, but for the most part there had always a distance between her and the rest of the crew, a lingering mistrust that she'd never been able to shake.

I wouldn't trust me either, I guess. she finally admitted to herself, I've only ever been good at lying and stealing.

So she decided to make good on her promise to them, be something other than a junkie for once, and finally leave them be afterward. Assuming she avoided death at the hands of Regulators or her new traveling companions, of course.

--------------------
+Quote Post
CMX
post Sep 19 2011, 03:15 AM
Post #131

Evoker

Chris 'Mongoose

Like a snake in tall grass, I closed in on Keara using the small crowds of megaton residents as cover. From the way she shifted around on the rock she was sitting on, I could only assume that something was weighing down on her mind, or that she was on jet again.

I took a knee a few feet behind her, as I beconed her dog to me with a peice of canned jerky. 'Psst! Come here, lucky!' I whispered.

I truly hoped that the dog would accept my friendly gesture. I haven't had a moment to stop and enjoy the minute things we have left to admire on this planet. And there I go, lost in thought.

OOC: sorry for the lack of participation. Been on the search for writing inspiration.

--------------------
I'm doing 10 pushups per post!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Sep 19 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #132

Master
Group Icon

OOC: *You see a note taped to your nose. Confused at this sudden sight, you read it.*

Gone to take some of the escaped Liberty. In other words, this post would probably ruin the whole RP, leaving you guys/gals/IDKs to plot my demise and actually do it out of the burning hatred for the guy that killed your darling little RP. Ha! tongue.gif -U.A

Alexei

A lamp flickering in a rotting shack. Some bloatflies buzzing outside, hungering for some meat that they would die to have. Two males ignoring the music of the swarm. One large teenaged boy with puppy blue eyes and lightbrown hair watching with gusto as the older man cleaned a rather heavy-looking gun and maintained its integrity. The old gray man had the hard lines of age on his face, and harder knowledge on his marble-black eyes. He had a duster the teenager so adored. Silence. Silence, except for the dirty rag that worshipped the RPD. Silence, except for the dirty rag cleaning the sharp bullets. Silence.

The rotting shack, housing the dying lamp and the males, groaned and shuddered as somewhere in the distance an explosion erupted. The shockwave of it went through the cracks of the poor shelter, and the lamp flickered near extinction. Silence, after that. Except for the dirty rag that cleaned the RPD.

The older man looked strangely at the boy, as if the teenager was an impatient little brat looking to rest. He stopped his cleaning and carefully leant his RPD against the chair on which he seats. The brown-haired freckle-faced teenager looks at the man with sudden confusion.

"Alexandr," the man said his gruff, yet affectionate, voice. "Alexandr, why?"

Alexandr looks at the man, staring at him with those puppy blue eyes. With those puppy blue eyes, he asked for a silent explanation. The Regulator catches this invinsible question and he sighed a terrible sigh that would make one's heart melt. It was a terrible sound of extreme sorrow and, oddly, recognition of something that should not be recognized.

"Shall I have to spell it out for you," the Regulator asked when he finally accepted whatever it was that was intruding on his heart. "No matter. Perhaps this would help you understand."

He made a motion of wiping his face and Alexandr screamed a soundless scream. The Regulator's temple deflated an inch, and his face became pain itself. This mangled mesh of flesh and bone gave way to a fountain of blood that dripped from every hole in the regulator's head. His right eye hanged from his bloody socket. His duster became a torned-up dress fit for lowly scavengers. He had no fingers and his feet faced the wrong way.

The old man reached out for Alexandr, but the boy wrenched himself away. In doing so, he fell from his chair and landed on .. nothing. Direction became nil. The shack vanished out of nowhere. And so did everything. The world became dark, and only the lamp gave light. And the lamp is flickering dangerously.

"You are dying, Alexandr. Dying."

A voice from the darkness and the teenager screamed and shrieked, as an unthinkable pain spread throughout his body. Its source was from his belly. The boy frantically took his dirty shirt off and became whiter than the imaginary snow he always heard from his parents. A large wound on his belly, spilling out blood in alarming quantities like it was poison from the devil itself. He tried to stem the bleeding but found out he could not move a muscle.

"You are still a boy and you are dying." Flashes like thunder erupted suddenly and Alexandr's surroundings became blinding white, whiter than the imaginary snow he always heard from his parents. Then his mind became blank with fear as HUNDREDS of people, people he did not know, surrounded him from all directions.

They were bloodied in many gruesome ways, and on their hands were lamps. Long, extinguished lamps. Each of it bearing a flame-shaped window that leads to nothingness. At the center of this horde, was the Regulator.

He, too, had a lamp. A dead lamp. Pain and fear, pain and fear. These were the only things Alexandr's blank mind registered. His puppy blue eyes widening as the Regulator, his surrogate father, once more reached out to him with a fingerless hand.

"Live, boy." He said. And he guided Alexandr's towards the flickering lamp, the only lamp that still has its fire, and clenched the boy's fingers on it.

"Live, boy." Someone in the horde said. Another one said the exact thing. Until all of them were like the earlier bloatflies, buzzing for something they desired. The repetitive sound drove Alexandr nearly insane and he did what he thought would silence them:

He threw his lamp at this horde of the dead.

It landed on someone.

And lit him on fire.

And it spread to the woman beside him.

Until it consumed everything and everyone.

"Live, boy," said Alexei's mentor before being engulfed by the omnipresent flame.

--------------------------------------------------------

With a grunt, Alexei dragged himself harshly from dream to reality and woke up. The first thing he could register in his mind was that an impenetrable light hovered over him, two blurry shapes of what he thought to be men doing something he could not see. He closed his eyes for a minute and opened them when he got used to the light.

With clear vision, he could observe two men needling up his wound, occasionally muttering about the smell. Alexei knew better than to struggle like an animal the minute he was able, so he opted for the subtler choice. He flexed his hands to see if it could move, and just as he expected, it did not.

He looked at his surroundings and found himself strapped on an operating table in a dirty, yet organized, room. With various medical thingamajigs, Alexei supposed this was some kind of medical bay. And then memories came flooding like an avalanche. The contract, the recon of the settlement, the gunfight...

He muttered a pathetic 'No' and just like that, the two doctors looked at him sharply and backed away as if he was a Deathclaw. One man rang a bell and three men came rushing in, armed to the teeth and wary, followed by a blonde man with an appearance anybody would begin to detest, even though it rivaled Apollo itself. He had an evil sneer painted on his face, and Alexei felt the urge to punch it off.

"So," the blonde Lucifer said while motioning for the doctors to 'get-the-hell-out'. "The giant finally awakens and with it, the risk of everybody's death at your hands."

He took out a pack of smokes and ignited one, taking a long drag and trapping the smoke in his mouth for a minute before blowing it out on Alexei's direction. The ghoul silently snarled, the Apollo snarked a laugh. He leaned in closer to look into Alexei's eyes, his nose scrunching up a bit at the scent of ghoul flesh.

"Your company of rabble-rousers made my day WORSE than it already was. I am going to make sure you lot pay for it." Alexei said nothing, only curling his lip in disgust. Avery Nichols raised his eyebrows at this expression of defiance and disposed his cigarette on Alexei's cheek.

The ghoul saw red, but he did not scream. The wound sizzled up smoke.

"You're one tough nut, and I will enjoy breaking you."

He pistoned his right fist at the giant's jaw, and Alexei blacked out.

When he woke up again, Alexei found out he was being dragged by two burly men to God-knows-where. He resisted once, and that earned him a wack on the head that very nearly made him unconscious for the third time. He let them drag him to where they were headed, which was the prison, judging by the cells they passed. One particulary cell contained two men that resembled Grandfather Raymond and Jonathan, but with his blurry vision and the inky darkness, it was hard to tell.

Minutes passed by and finally, they deposited the giant in another cell unceremoniously. He landed on his stomach, and he stayed that way. He was frozen by shame and self-hate. He knows Lara is with him on this dank prison, and it made the emotion raging inside Alexei's chest worst.

He could not meet her eyes. Out of a sense of failure, he just can't.

After all, his gut told him he was the reason of why the Company was captured in the first place. And Alexei? Alexei believed his gut 200%.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Sep 19 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #133

Master
Group Icon

Damon Wyeth

The former SRB agent stared out at the Capital Wasteland, his back propped up against his rucksack, legs splayed before him. Damon checked the calender on his Pipboy, 3 years, 5 monthes, and 8 days since he'd left the Commonwealth. Three years in the cesspit that once was the capital of a super power. Then, Damon fiddled with one of the M16 magazines, once again consumed by the rut his life had plunged into.

He was dirt poor, yet again. All his remaining caps could be held in one hand. The Capital Wasteland seemed dead set on eating him alive, picking at him with every passing year. Damon turned his head back toward Megaton's main gate. The girl, Keara, sat on rock nearby. Damon's implant picked her out in sharp relief, her eyes dull of uncertainty. Deep in his gut, Damon figured this whole situation would end with a molerat burrowing its ugly snout into his corpse. But Keara seemed to be genuinely concerned about her compatriots. That was reason enough to aid her. Course, I've been a dead man walking since I rode in here. Might as well go out doing something right.

Damon hauled himself up and slung his pack over his shoulders, resolve replacing his resignation.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Sep 19 2011, 11:27 PM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 20 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #134

Councilor
Group Icon

Keara

Keara had her rifle on her lap, and was engrossed in using her switchblade to awkwardly tighten some screws. The gun was operable and still dangerous to an enemy, but its functionality was decaying rapidly and Jonathan wasn't around to help. The cells had become increasingly difficult to load, and hitting it really hard just to shove one in wasn't going to cut it for long. Her plasma pistol was more reliable, but she only had a handful of shots left in it.

"Damnit!" she exclaimed, after her knife slipped trying to tighten a particularly stubborn, rusted screw. She was holding her bleeding finger in her mouth when she heard someone behind her. She turned to see Lucky happily eating jerky from Mongoose's hand.

"Looks like we're all here," she said, giving up on the screw and slinging her rifle over her shoulder as Wyeth approached.

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:36 AM