Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fallout 4 DLC Discussion, Start your engines!
Destri Melarg
post Feb 17 2016, 01:12 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Here we go!

Make sure to get your season passes before they go up March 1st!

This post has been edited by Destri Melarg: Feb 17 2016, 01:16 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SubRosa
post Jul 22 2017, 02:32 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I finally had the chance to play through both Far Harbor and Nuka World. Both were good, with new world spaces to explore, new people to meet (and kill), new monsters, quests, etc...

Of the two I liked Nuka World much better. This is in spite of it being mainly geared toward your character taking over a group of raider gangs. You can go the non-raider route, and simply kill them all (which is what I did since I was playing Persephone). That cut the Nuka World main quest short, as it ends with the last of the raiders being wiped out.

But there was still a huge amount of world to explore. The park itself is divided into 6 zones. The raiders are only in the first one. If you play as a raider you are clearing the zones and assigning each to a gang. As a raider-slayer you are just clearing them like any other place. But there is still lots of fun stuff to find and side quests that you can do. Plus there is more Fallout history to learn, like how those Nuka grenades from Fallout 3 were first created.

Being a theme park, the whole place has an exotic, strange feel, even for a Fallout game. One of my favorite places was a Space Mountain type ride filled with killer robots. The bottling plant (The World of Refreshment) was a lot of fun too. Nukalurks!

There is a small wilderness area surrounding the park. But it is mostly sparse. Still there are places to discover, and quests to do. The most interesting of the latter is similar to Come Fly With Me from New Vegas. But has a very different ending!

Far Harbor was a good dlc as well. But the ever-present fog annoyed me after a while. Especially since it is radioactive, which means you are constantly popping Rad-X and RadAway. The fog also causes definite lag, even with my Titan X video card.

The main quest is interesting, but I did not like the narrow list of possibilities. You basically have to either wipe out the Children of Atom on the island or the town of Far Harbor. Or just abandon the main quest. Though you might be able to kidnap the leader Atoms and replace them with a synth. TBH, when Hecate went in to infiltrate them, the first thing she saw of the Atom's behavior set her killing switch on. So she did what she does best on all of them (and it is not very pretty). But even when it was all over, the game did not recognize that she had wiped them all out, and she had to nuke their base (granted, it's the only way to be sure... wink.gif )

When Hecate finally returned to the Commonwealth she was glad to be back. That might just be because I was getting tired of playing her after the last few months. But it was also at least in part because of the dreary, cpu-killing fog over everything as well.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 22 2017, 02:33 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 22 2017, 03:18 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 21 2017, 08:32 PM) *

I finally had the chance to play through both Far Harbor and Nuka World. Both were good, with new world spaces to explore, new people to meet (and kill), new monsters, quests, etc...

Of the two I liked Nuka World much better. This is in spite of it being mainly geared toward your character taking over a group of raider gangs. You can go the non-raider route, and simply kill them all (which is what I did since I was playing Persephone). That cut the Nuka World main quest short, as it ends with the last of the raiders being wiped out.

But there was still a huge amount of world to explore. The park itself is divided into 6 zones. The raiders are only in the first one. If you play as a raider you are clearing the zones and assigning each to a gang. As a raider-slayer you are just clearing them like any other place. But there is still lots of fun stuff to find and side quests that you can do. Plus there is more Fallout history to learn, like how those Nuka grenades from Fallout 3 were first created.

Being a theme park, the whole place has an exotic, strange feel, even for a Fallout game. One of my favorite places was a Space Mountain type ride filled with killer robots. The bottling plant (The World of Refreshment) was a lot of fun too. Nukalurks!

There is a small wilderness area surrounding the park. But it is mostly sparse. Still there are places to discover, and quests to do. The most interesting of the latter is similar to Come Fly With Me from New Vegas. But has a very different ending!

Far Harbor was a good dlc as well. But the ever-present fog annoyed me after a while. Especially since it is radioactive, which means you are constantly popping Rad-X and RadAway. The fog also causes definite lag, even with my Titan X video card.

The main quest is interesting, but I did not like the narrow list of possibilities. You basically have to either wipe out the Children of Atom on the island or the town of Far Harbor. Or just abandon the main quest. Though you might be able to kidnap the leader Atoms and replace them with a synth. TBH, when Hecate went in to infiltrate them, the first thing she saw of the Atom's behavior set her killing switch on. So she did what she does best on all of them (and it is not very pretty). But even when it was all over, the game did not recognize that she had wiped them all out, and she had to nuke their base (granted, it's the only way to be sure... wink.gif )

When Hecate finally returned to the Commonwealth she was glad to be back. That might just be because I was getting tired of playing her after the last few months. But it was also at least in part because of the dreary, cpu-killing fog over everything as well.

Awesome to read about your travels (although Khajiit just skimmed lest thar be spoilers!). Since this one lost focus with Kim-Ly, he decided today to reinstall the game and mods and start a new character (it may be Kim-Ly 2.0 or a completely new character. Haven't decided yet).

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Destri Melarg   Fallout 4 DLC Discussion   Feb 17 2016, 01:12 AM
SubRosa   Live Deathclaw fights! :O :O :O Is that a...   Feb 17 2016, 02:08 AM
Destri Melarg   Live Deathclaw fights! :O :O :O Is that ...   Feb 17 2016, 03:34 AM
SubRosa   The thing about a Deathclaw is he's got lifele...   Feb 17 2016, 03:57 AM
Winter Wolf   Thanks Destri! I have been holding off on the...   Feb 21 2016, 02:18 AM
Elisabeth Hollow   I'm not buying any DLC unless I can bang Nick ...   Feb 25 2016, 02:36 AM
Destri Melarg   I wonder if the lightning chaingun shoots lightni...   Feb 25 2016, 08:39 AM
SubRosa   This is the first time I've bought a season p...   Feb 25 2016, 04:36 PM
Winter Wolf   Wow, just imagine how many mods will be up on Nexu...   Feb 27 2016, 12:32 AM
SubRosa   The FO3 Goty was out 12 months after the game...   Feb 28 2016, 07:08 AM
Destri Melarg   I think FO4's Goty will be out in November of...   Feb 28 2016, 09:56 AM
SubRosa   I think FO4's Goty will be out in November o...   Feb 28 2016, 05:23 PM
Winter Wolf   It will be interesting to see what time frame they...   Feb 28 2016, 11:02 AM
Destri Melarg   It will be interesting to see what time frame the...   Feb 28 2016, 10:41 PM
Winter Wolf   TLLM is obsessed with the red carpet but I have n...   Feb 29 2016, 10:03 AM
Grits   Season Pass acquired. Thanks for the reminder...   Feb 29 2016, 12:08 AM
Destri Melarg   Todd Howard discusses a number of subjects with Ga...   Mar 1 2016, 07:58 PM
hazmick   Here is the trailer for the Automatron DLC, set to...   Mar 15 2016, 12:01 AM
SubRosa   It's a new Mechwarrior game! :D I still...   Mar 15 2016, 12:23 AM
hazmick   This seems like the best place to drop some of my ...   Mar 26 2016, 01:47 PM
Winter Wolf   Thanks Hazmick for going to that effort. I downlo...   Mar 27 2016, 01:27 AM
Kiln   Gotta say, I played through Automatron and loved i...   Apr 3 2016, 03:38 PM
SubRosa   Far Harbor DLC Trailer "Please, bring my dau...   May 6 2016, 06:57 PM
SubRosa   Far Harbor is out now, and I see Fallout 4 is slig...   May 20 2016, 11:48 PM
hazmick   Finished Far Harbo(u)r earlier. Wow, that was fun....   May 30 2016, 03:55 AM
SubRosa   It's good to hear that Far Harbor is solid. Th...   May 30 2016, 04:30 AM
Destri Melarg   E3 is coming up in June, and Bethesda is going to...   Jun 1 2016, 08:38 PM
SubRosa   Mods are already out for the X-Boxes. I don't ...   Jun 1 2016, 08:54 PM
Destri Melarg   Oops! Guess I should have been more specific. ...   Jun 2 2016, 03:53 AM
Kiln   Mods on consoles are extremely simple. No folders...   Jun 2 2016, 11:02 AM
hazmick   I haven't had any issues with mods yet, though...   Jun 2 2016, 12:36 PM
SubRosa   The rumors are true, Nuka World will be the next F...   Jun 15 2016, 08:31 PM
McBadgere   I think I'm going to wait until they finally d...   Jun 15 2016, 09:19 PM
Winter Wolf   Thanks for the link, SubRosa. I had not seen the c...   Jun 22 2016, 09:52 AM
SubRosa   Steam is having a sale on a lot of Beth titles thi...   Aug 7 2016, 06:15 AM
Winter Wolf   The problem with the DLC is that it is so settleme...   Aug 21 2016, 04:53 AM
SubRosa   I was thinking much the same thing when I was look...   Aug 21 2016, 04:23 PM
Winter Wolf   Which leaves me with Far Harbor and Nuka World as...   Aug 23 2016, 08:10 AM
mALX   Which leaves me with Far Harbor and Nuka World a...   Nov 26 2016, 05:54 PM
SubRosa   Speaking of DLCs, it looks like Nuka World will be...   Aug 21 2016, 07:11 PM
Winter Wolf   Thanks mALX! Yes, the DLC is the worst part ...   Nov 27 2016, 12:08 AM
mALX   Thanks mALX! Yes, the DLC is the worst part...   Nov 27 2016, 03:44 AM
SubRosa   Yes, they call it a Creation Kit instead of a Geck...   Nov 27 2016, 05:14 AM
mALX   Yes, they call it a Creation Kit instead of a Gec...   Nov 27 2016, 08:31 AM
SubRosa   I downloaded it a few days ago. I already made a m...   Nov 27 2016, 06:12 PM
mALX   I downloaded it a few days ago. I already made a ...   Nov 27 2016, 06:16 PM
Michaellep   Once you install the DLC to your Fallout 3, does i...   Jan 12 2017, 03:15 PM
SubRosa   Hi Michael. :) You meant for Fallout 3, not 4 r...   Jan 13 2017, 02:12 AM
Lopov   I spoiled myself and read about the Nuka-World DLC...   Jul 25 2019, 12:00 PM
SubRosa   Nuka World really intended for you to become the O...   Jul 25 2019, 06:17 PM
Lopov   Yeah, that's what Logan would / will do if he ...   Jul 30 2019, 07:44 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:27 PM