Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Darkness Eternal
post Feb 12 2019, 02:45 PM
Post #3381

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 12 2019, 02:03 PM) *

Since I had the crowns - we bought Gardner House for gold - I decided to purchase the Imperial upgrade and create a bow/bow character. I'd neglected bow on most of my others and have recently been playing catch-up on that skill. This time, it will be the first skill learned, so it has a chance of being fully developed, and I might learn to use it.

So we now have Bo Dacius, who's a perfect 10.

That's an outfit she's wearing, so it will stay fairly constant, but the gear underneath is not very different right now. She's level 9, living in the Mara's Kiss Inn room, and doing the Auridon quests. I haven't yet given her CP, as I want to see how bow/bow does in normal play. Of course, she doesn't have the second bar yet, or skills to fill one.

Bo Dacius looks so awesome! And her outfit totally fits her person. Perhaps her and Buffy should dungeon delve together!

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #3382

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Feb 12 2019, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2019, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 11 2019, 11:31 AM) *

That's exactly why I was there. Plus you can "buy" the Imperial upgrade for only one of the 5,500 crowns you have, after each refresh, and the extra character slot is one crown also.

I should have checked the schedule before I started.

I'm considering an Imperial, because I now have one of each of the other races. Maybe I'll wait for Necromancer, as the Tharn connection makes Imperial more appropriate for a new class.If I don't buy Elsweyr, that will be a long time in the future. biggrin.gif

I've become a bit addicted to the Imperial = not just because you can start them from any Alliance you want to. They are tough as nails. (of course, not sure if all that will change in the upcoming Racial "Tweaks" )

I LOVE Imperials! Most of my characters are all Imperials. Illana is an Imperial and so will Lord Decumus(my necromancer). Imperial is definitely a good race to go if you’re rolling out necromancer, this era especially.

I have five Imperials; and love them! They are really well rounded!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 12 2019, 04:21 PM
Post #3383

Councilor
Group Icon

A warm welcome Bo! She looks awesome!

I still don't have an Imperial. Maybe it's time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 12 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #3384

Mouth
Group Icon

tbh I bought the Imperial upgrade long before I even used it

I just couldn't stand the idea of not having access to a race that had been available in the most recent mainline games so I bought it when I decided I would stick to the game. (Along with the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 13 2019, 03:23 AM
Post #3385

Ancient
Group Icon

Speaking of buying things = I just bought the Elsweyr Collector's upgrade! I don't really care about any of the special items in the Collector's edition except one = they have those Khajiit emotes. I don't even have a Khajiit right now; but if I didn't get the emotes = sure as hell I'd start a Khajiit and then wish I had them.

Not to mention that from what everyone on the PTS is saying, unless they change it before the launch = "Khajiit are about to be the new Black." (just like they did with Wardens when they first launched them; they made them OP for a while). They are doing the same with Khajiit on the PTS; unless they change it before launch.

...So maybe I'll make a Khajiit Necromancer? Anyway, if I do it will def have unique Khajiit emotes now, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 13 2019, 03:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 13 2019, 02:57 PM
Post #3386

Councilor
Group Icon

Bo the bow is only a couple of days old, and already we're looking at houses! Well, just because the Imperial ones mostly get added by the upgrade. I was surprised that Strident Springs doesn't have a fireplace or a basement, so fortunately Bo's already ruled that one out. Domus Phrasticus is tempting, but at level 19 she's afraid to go anywhere near Craglorn. The Cyrodiilic Jungle House is tiny, but it could happen.

She'll stay in the Inn in Vulkhel Guard for a while. biggrin.gif Especially as she needs to do the MQ and get her soul back, and being near the Harborage helps. When she decides to do some BG's for the Caltrops and Vigor, that's also close by.

Floozie, meanwhile, is doing her mount training, and dailies. I need to bully the others into Undaunted dailies, too, as none of them have the passives yet. Laurie needs the distraction, as she's spending all her time waiting for the last round of research slots to open up.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 13 2019, 11:20 PM
Post #3387

Mouth
Group Icon

Soooooo what's going on? Usually this place is packed. Are people not farming the set from Rivenspire anymore or is it just the Huntsman motif keeping everyone.

Today will be the last day of Murkmire dailies

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Feb 14 2019, 12:31 AM
Post #3388

Master
Group Icon

Trey finally got back to Craglorn... And the first Nirnhoned piece of gear. He also got the last 2 elements for Critical Mass, but is not going to reach the Core solo.

Hrolf is DKing his way through Vvardenfell... Just needs Salothan and Queen Consort....

ETA- Hrolf also did 2 Dark Anchors quests for Cardea- but now she is not offering any more. (And I know he has not taken out very many Dolmeni- so... not sure what's up with that).

This post has been edited by treydog: Feb 14 2019, 01:42 AM

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 14 2019, 09:54 PM
Post #3389

Mouth
Group Icon

Bought the few Murkmire motifs I needed today, just in time for Enderal to drop. :v

I was thinking of getting started on Silver Dawn but remembered that it will be one of the motifs dropping for the Anniversary Event in April so. Nah. (Welkynar and Huntsman will drop too, which is great because that's a lot of gold otherwise lol)

I'll just have to pick up the slack since I won't be able to get as many Jubilee Boxes this year as previous ones, since crafting dailies only count for 2 weeks this year. :/

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 15 2019, 02:45 PM
Post #3390

Councilor
Group Icon

Bo did her second Undaunted daily and was very miffed to be sent to Wormroot Depths, which she'd just cleared out with Abnur Tharn in the MQ. So no skyshard from that one. On the positive side, this time she could use the wayshrines she found on the first trip.

She may do some BG's soon for the Vigor and Caltrops. The next new bow skill is 12 levels away, and her current bars have several duplicates.

Several of the others are only a trait or two away from 8/9 (all but Nirnhoned), and Floozie won't be long in reaching level 50 in her equipment crafting, at which point Bo gets all the deconstruction pieces. We've moved on to letting the deconstructor dismantle any piece that wasn't made specifically for reearch. Since we make those from the Rank 1 materials, it's easy to determine which is which. However, I've started making race-specific styles to indicate which character they were made for, as I still have more than one waiting to research any specific trait. Only Laurie (and Bo) know Imperial, so Laurie will be making anything destined for her. It's not needed yet, as Bo can only handle one at a time, so she researches a drop before she starts deconstructing.

Bo researched all the Alchemy traits early on, as we had plenty of supplies, and you can do that without investing skill points. She's also taken Enchanting as far as she can before adding skill points for potency. We'll pump up Provisioning to making her own, as soon as we get another skill point.

Riding, of course, can't be hurried, and Floozie and Bo both have months of lessons ahead of them. Bo will get one free level-up boost, but I forget when.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 15 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #3391

Ancient
Group Icon

Would anyone here agree with Khajiit that the Huntsman motif looks bad? To this one, it has a fake plastic look to it.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 15 2019, 04:47 PM
Post #3392

Councilor
Group Icon

I hadn't looked until you mentioned it, but the thing I'm noticing about it is that they've moved the flaps from the chest to the legs. Still not the waist, where I think they belong, but the tassets as chest armour meme may be fading out.

I'd hide those helmets, too.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 15 2019, 04:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 17 2019, 03:09 PM
Post #3393

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 15 2019, 09:47 AM) *

I hadn't looked until you mentioned it, but the thing I'm noticing about it is that they've moved the flaps from the chest to the legs. Still not the waist, where I think they belong, but the tassets as chest armour meme may be fading out.

Hip flaps bother Khajiit less than the armor looking like a crappy Halloween costume from Walmart. This one agrees that the headgear is pretty bad. How they managed to mess up horn and antler headdresses is beyond Khajiit’s understanding.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
treydog
post Feb 17 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #3394

Master
Group Icon

Because fighting overpowering WBs and struggling with the fact that my character builds are... kind of all over the place, I did what I have been considering for a while-

Added my 5th character, and Argonian Warden named Threep Chills. (The name may have something to do with his early experiments with amphibians and low temperatures... or maybe it's because his scales are blue- he isn't telling).

For now, he will shape as a purpose-built magicka DPS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 17 2019, 06:02 PM
Post #3395

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 17 2019, 10:55 AM) *

Because fighting overpowering WBs and struggling with the fact that my character builds are... kind of all over the place, I did what I have been considering for a while-

Added my 5th character, and Argonian Warden named Threep Chills. (The name may have something to do with his early experiments with amphibians and low temperatures... or maybe it's because his scales are blue- he isn't telling).

For now, he will shape as a purpose-built magicka DPS.

Ooh, Khajiit’s Brenna is a Warden mag dps. Have fun!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 18 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #3396

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2019, 08:09 AM) *

Hip flaps bother Khajiit less than the armor looking like a crappy Halloween costume from Walmart. This one agrees that the headgear is pretty bad. How they managed to mess up horn and antler headdresses is beyond Khajiit’s understanding.

I didn't even know what the set looked like, but after checking I think they look more like some sort of Christmas-themed outfit, especially with the horns lol It is up there with Welkynar, tbh

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 19 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #3397

Councilor
Group Icon

Bo is at that annoying stage where she's almost at the level to use the saved set of Hunding's, but not quite. So she has a motley collection of loot items instead. She's been moving fast enough not to have collected a fresh set to replace the Twin Sisters things she used around level 10. There's at most two of anything. Laurie may need to make her a better bow (or two), at least.

We did enough Battlegrounds yesterday to get Vigor, but in poor PvE gear, she doesn't do well at PvP. Still, the 7.5k AP for last place is enough to keep her going for the Caltrops. At level 31, she hasn't maxed out bow yet, so there are still passives and morphs there that will mean skyshard hunting on her agenda. We'll probably take the MQ back up when she has the Hunding's, although a tour around Bankorai for some Spriggan's and Skyshards might intervene. Since she'll want the CP versions later, opening up all the wayshrines now will help.

ETA: She did reach 34, and we were lucky to pick up a couple of purple pieces of Spriggan's jewelry from the dolmens, so we did the quest Will of the Woods, to get a Spriggan's bow. (I have other characters that can get her another when she reaches L50.) We only upgraded it to blue so far, as she's going to outgrow it, although it may get stashed for future use, when we put the Hunding's back in storage.

Going back to the MQ, and impatient for the log-in reward of XP scrolls!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Feb 21 2019, 02:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 22 2019, 02:24 AM
Post #3398

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 17 2019, 09:09 AM) *

rollinglaugh.gif I hadn't seen the screens of the armor; but reading this made me run look it up! BWAAHAA!!!! Yeah, I don't see me racing to make it for my characters, lol. And most def agree with Ghastley on hiding the helmet!

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Feb 22 2019, 03:11 PM
Post #3399

Master
Group Icon

Threep got the Tavern Singer's dress- but he is concerned that it might make his tail look fat....

And then there's the fact that his singing has been compared unfavorably to the call of a bull crocodile.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 22 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #3400

Councilor
Group Icon

Laurie's current round of Clothing research completes this weekend, and she'll be able to start on the last two Nirnhoned traits. We already have the pieces (thanks to mALX). In a further nine days, it will be the Blacksmithing research round.

Blossom already finished 8/9 across the board, and Cat Man Dhou has the last ones in progress to join her, but they don't know anything like the number of motifs that Laurie does. They're still useful for bringing in the writs when I get in that mood, which might well get triggered at the weekend.

I'll probably be getting Bow burnout at that point. Bo is racing on through the MQ, trying to get her soul back, armed with nothing else, and Unna, Taminwe, and Minx are all trying to catch up on their neglect of the back bar. They're all skyshard hunting, trying to use just the bow, to raise their skills.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 168 169 170 171 172 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:40 PM