213 Pages V « < 169 170 171 172 173 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
monkeyemoness
post Feb 23 2019, 12:31 AM
Post #3401

Mouth
Group Icon

So with Wrathstone on the way as the first part of the "Year of the Dragon" (it's actually pig but whatever), I was thinking that maybe I should get it. Then a concept popped into my mind: I clear all the (vanilla) dungeons to get Eolan back into Dungeon-ing.

But

Problem: It's been years since I've bothered to keep up with the game's mechanics. The dungeon overhaul from...One Tamriel?...means that "Veteran Dungeon" is no longer synonymous with "Dungeon Episode 2" which is great for someone that just wants to clear them.

Either way, I'm not sure I wanna revive Templar Tank just yet. idk

I await the free tokens this monday

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 23 2019, 01:21 AM
Post #3402

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 22 2019, 06:31 PM) *

So with Wrathstone on the way as the first part of the "Year of the Dragon" (it's actually pig but whatever), I was thinking that maybe I should get it. Then a concept popped into my mind: I clear all the (vanilla) dungeons to get Eolan back into Dungeon-ing.

But

Problem: It's been years since I've bothered to keep up with the game's mechanics. The dungeon overhaul from...One Tamriel?...means that "Veteran Dungeon" is no longer synonymous with "Dungeon Episode 2" which is great for someone that just wants to clear them.

Either way, I'm not sure I wanna revive Templar Tank just yet. idk

I await the free tokens this monday

I don't think I've done a Pledge or Trial since all these events started running me ragged last September. It would be really hard to get back into that swing of things, that is sure! (but if I do try to = it will def be with a Tank, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 26 2019, 06:05 AM
Post #3403

Mouth
Group Icon

Put those name change tokens to good use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2019, 06:41 AM
Post #3404

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 26 2019, 12:05 AM) *

Holy Cow, Lucius is Luscious! laugh.gif

I've got two characters I plan to morph; just trying to decide what into. Both are Imperial NightBlades right now; (but I have a glut of Imperial NightBlades; so can afford to get rid of one). Just wanted to try something different.

I also have a young Imperial DK I was raising up as a test to try out different builds on (so I don't mess up Britta) = might make her into a Nord; they have really tweaked them into making a good Tank with this patch.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 26 2019, 10:09 PM
Post #3405

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm planning on using the race change tokens as appearance change tokens, but I don't have a good reason to use them yet and I don't wanna waste them. At least you get a set for each server, so I DID get to use one on the EU server. That I rarely play lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 27 2019, 01:28 AM
Post #3406

Ancient
Group Icon

Holy Cow, I never even considered using the EU server instead of the PTS! That was good thinking; and your game won't disappear every time they snap a new image like it does on the PTS!!!!

By the way; has anyone had trouble with their addons since the patch? (and if yes, which ones?). I just turned mine on today in anticipation of visiting Haute's house tomorrow!!!! WOO HOO!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 4 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #3407

Councilor
Group Icon

I spent the weekend tying up loose ends.

When Bo gave Cat Man Dhou his tank gear back, we noted the lack of decent sword and board. He was using placeholder items while we waited for Plague Doctor stuff to drop, but now was the time to go get some. So Trey had reminded us about Lady Llarel as a souce of a shield, and CMD paid her a visit, to see if she'd produce. "This one thinks the lady was a centipede. She dropped at least a dozen pairs of boots/shoes/sabatons, and several belts/sashes/girdles, but not one shield."

He did buy a Plague Doctor Mace fairly cheaply, and we're improving that for him. Of course we ran out of the purple temper, after making Bo's stuff, so there was a lot of foraging for Rubedite after that.

The Stamblades both got a re-spec to select different morphs, and drop a few unused skills in favour of crafting ones. Minx really needs a few more skill points, so she's due for a skyshard hunt.

Laurie is getting a second set of sword and board, as she never seems to use her back bar weapon, and the Alcast build doesn't either. Putting S&B on both means we can slot a few more skills she does use.

Floozie just completed the equipment level 50's, so now Bo gets all the deconstruction pieces, and I don't need to think about that aspect any more. It won't be long before she gets to the 50's.

ETA: We got some more grain solvent and upgraded CMD's mace to gold. But then Laurie got a second sword that she needs upgraded, and we're back in the same situation again. We have lots of the gold level ones, but the purples get used by a lot of furnishings, too, and master writs often stop at Epic, using purples, but not golds. We may buy a few of each of the purple level tempers - grain solvent, mastic, and elegant lining - so we're ready for a few other swaps.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 6 2019, 08:46 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 11 2019, 04:48 PM
Post #3408

Councilor
Group Icon

The word for the weekend was "bow". I got both Unna and Minx to level 50 in bow, and started work with Blossom.

Since Blossom had parked Wrothgar for lack of bow skill, we resumed that after she moved up a couple of levels and got some useful skills in place. Now she only has the last two quests of that line to complete. The penultimate one she's started, and it's the climax of the line, with the last just being a simple fetch quest, and turning up for the ceremony. Should get that wrapped tonight.

Unna noticed the difference when she completed bow, and got back to regular combat using both bars. She had Razak's wheel as an unfinished quest nagging at her, so we went and finished it off. There was almost nobody there, so she was solo against the bosses, which was much easier than we'd expected. Of course, I may have my timing a bit better these days.

Minx is exploring, going to zones she hasn't before, and finding all the wayshrines. That gets a lot of XP fast, so she burned through most of our Enlightenment doing that. It's good for everyone's CP, though.

---

ETA: Blossom did get Wrothgar quest line finished, so we can concentrate on housing for a while, or at least foraging for materials for housing.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 12 2019, 06:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 12 2019, 08:39 PM
Post #3409

Mouth
Group Icon

Hit the Ticket cap again, so today i'm wondering whether getting another Indrik mount is worth it. I've been getting the berries just in case but I have my eyes set exclusively on the Snow one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 13 2019, 02:35 AM
Post #3410

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit has pretty much given up on evolving the Indrik mount. We are now 2 events behind and this one doubts he’ll be able to catch up with the Jester’s Festival. sad.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2019, 03:11 AM
Post #3411

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy is only looking for one variant and that happens to be the first (Dawnwood) one. She's got the basic indrik, three berries and 8 tix. So a couple more daily heists and I think she'll be ready to get the last berry and be done on day one of the Jester Fest. Thing is, I don't think her precious mare, Superian, is in jeopardy of being replaced by an indrik. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 13 2019, 03:29 PM
Post #3412

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 12 2019, 10:11 PM) *

Buffy is only looking for one variant and that happens to be the first (Dawnwood) one. She's got the basic indrik, three berries and 8 tix. So a couple more daily heists and I think she'll be ready to get the last berry and be done on day one of the Jester Fest. Thing is, I don't think her precious mare, Superian, is in jeopardy of being replaced by an indrik. wink.gif

What does Sir Acadian ride? They don't have a dragon mount yet.

On my team, Unna has her white bear at last, Blossom has the Palomino, Laurie rides a camel, Cat Man Dhou uses the Sorrel, as does Taminwe. Spreads has a guar, Wizwen a white wolf (not just for the alliteration),Minx the black lion senche, Floozie a regular lion senche, and Bo has the Imperial grey. We might get a distinct mount for CMD or Taminwe, but it will be a horse. None of them want an Indrik, so we're ignoring the tickets.

Edit: Cat Man Dhou tells me he could consider a dwemer spider, if it became available.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 13 2019, 03:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 13 2019, 04:32 PM
Post #3413

Paladin
Group Icon

Acadian rides a heavily armored palomino version of Superian. As you recall, Superian the mare and Phantom the dragon did 'merge' in Buffy's last book so it seems to work.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 15 2019, 02:20 PM
Post #3414

Councilor
Group Icon

As detailed in the Guild thread, Laurie added a dock to Hunding's to try and provoke some interest in fishing. Cat Man Dhou likes to eat fish, so he volunteered to try it.

So far he has a total of one rare fish, but he did catch two examples of it. He's now looking for the Ocean in Reaper's March. biggrin.gif

All the others have been doing catch-up work, like visiting zones they've never been to before, and finding all the wayshrines. They all have orders to forage as they go, to get more materials for furnishing. Some new quests have inevitably been started, and some even finished. I need to think more about bar swaps when that happens, as several have less-used skills needing a morph.

Bo is annoyingly close to finishing her equipment crafting levelling. She's got Clothier and Woodworking to 50, but Blacksmith is at 49 and a half. Her ranks have been keeping up, as she's been able to put the points that would have gone into a second weapon line into crafting. Bow/Bow has that advantage, at least, and she's not feeling any lack of close-up offence.

I'm still wasting time trying to determine why Floozie always faces the camera when in a menu. She's the only one of my crew that does it, and I can't find any different setting.

----

Laurie will have to get back to Master Writs. I just found out that the Chiminea plans are at Rolis for Writ Vouchers only, It's not a crafting station, like everyone hoped, but it's still must-have for her.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 15 2019, 04:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 16 2019, 07:52 PM
Post #3415

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy always spins around to face the camera when I go into a menu like inventory. I didn't know there was any way to change that or, if so, what would change it.

Buffy's done with the TG/DB event. She did a TG Heist each day and brought her tix counter back to 12/12 today after buying berry #3 at the beginning of the event. For the Heist quests, she viewed the concept of trying to mix stealth with speed as a dumb idea / nonstarter. So she treated it like any daily delve quest and killed anything that impeded her as she hunted for the necessary quest bobbles.

I told her that the next event is the Jester Festival that I believe (unconfirmed) runs Mar 21 - Apr 2.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 18 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #3416

Councilor
Group Icon

With everyone's equipment crafting at 50, it has become time to bring up the consumables skills, and raise the crafting ranks across the board. I already had several characters with individual top-rank crafting skills, but many are still making iron/homespun/maple, or sips of potion, etc. My first characters have had longer, so they've done it all, and the new ones haven't invested in combat skills they never slot, so it's the ones in the middle that need attention. They have unspent reset scrolls from the level-up rewards that could be used to redirect their existing skill points, but I suspect we'll be wanting some skyshards, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 21 2019, 10:59 PM
Post #3417

Paladin
Group Icon

So Buffy bought her 4th Dawnwood berry and transformed her indrik. Looks nice but will now rest with the rest of the unused mounts. She then did one of each of the three Jester quests just to remind herself how they work. And, of course, the first one of the day gave her two tix bringing her counter back up to 4/12.

She noticed - with more than a little annoyance - folks throwing pies at each other. She already dislikes them as much as mudballs. That said, she loves to throw flowers at folks.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 22 2019, 12:45 AM
Post #3418

Mouth
Group Icon

I hate the weird textures they put on people tbh
Makes them look like weird jerky or trees

That aside, today it seemed to force Jo to do them "out of order". As in, I was forced to do the Daggerfall one first so the Ebonheart one was right in the middle, even though I took the quest from Vulkhel Guard. Gross. Better not be the same thing tomorrow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 22 2019, 01:04 AM
Post #3419

Ancient
Group Icon

Isn't there something we are supposed to be able to eat for extra XP? I can't remember what it is we are supposed to be having.

I got two of the Cadwell's style motifs today; but after today I only plan to do one of the quests per day for the Event tickets. (Though I might HAVE to throw pies if there is an achievement for it, lol).

Yeah, Monkey = not thrilled with how it looks when it hits, there sure is a lot of berry juice in those pies! It covers the entire character!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 22 2019, 01:49 AM
Post #3420

Mouth
Group Icon

There should be a pie in your collections that gives you the EXP boost.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 169 170 171 172 173 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:46 AM