> Funniest Thing Ever!, Must read!
Zelda_Zealot
post Feb 1 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

I was brouseing (sp?) the Xbox site juat now when I came across this interview:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/theelder...ginoblivion.htm

But incase you are lazy here is the funny bit.
A few weeks ago there was an instance where a player dropped the "Skull of Corruption," an artifact that when used on an enemy makes an evil clone of that enemy. He was just testing and wanted to make sure the object used the physics correctly when dropped. So he drops it and an NPC runs up, grabs it, and shoots the player with it—creating an evil version of the player who starts killing everyone. It was hilarious.

Perhaps RAI does have draw backs!

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 16)
Soulseeker3.0
post Feb 1 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

ha ha ha ha yes that is hilarious! and the skull of corruption... an awsome item

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Feb 1 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

Sounds rather cool.
I wanna cast it on people in town... and Shopkeepers, so their evil clone kills them then the shop is up for grabs tongue.gif

EDIT: I read the devs spent over a year making the NPCs smart, then 2 months dumbing them down. They were scary smart to the degree they were slaughtering populations out of boredom or simple things such as "That's my fork!"
I'm sure a Mod will come along to remove all AI restrictions, but... it would be Chaos!

This post has been edited by Curly_G_: Feb 6 2006, 03:30 PM

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
Aki
post Feb 7 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

Thats awesome...

It even plays to the myth of the Skull (One of the clone a user of the skull created used the skull to make a copy of the original user and had it kill him. Or something like that.)

biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Mercury Knight
post Feb 11 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #5

Associate

OHHHHHH SNAP! NO THEY DIDN'T! The Skull of Corruption! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Oblivion just got 5 times more entertaining.

Maybe they'll bring back other old artifacts. Persoanlly, I want the Oghma Infinitum from Arena, a magical tome that gave you 30 points to split up between your attributes. Tht might be a little high, but they could change it a little - perhaps at the next level-up, all of your attributes get an x5 multiplier.

Here is the myth of the Skull of Corruption the above poster mentioned, taken from The Imperial Library, a great site containing about every piece of lore in Elder Scrolls history. ( http://til.gamingsource.net/ )

"Using the Skull of Corruption on an opponent creates a duplicate of the victim. However, this duplicate will attack the original, not the wielder of the Skull. There is a story about the Thieves Guild Master and the skull that is probably fiction, but highly amusing. The Master used the skull on her enemy, creating a clone of him to fight. After defeating the original, the clever duplicate snatched the Skull from the Master and used it on her. Although the cloned enemy could not directly attack the Master, it could use the Skull to create a duplicate Master. The two clones jointly ruled the Thieves Guild for years."
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Feb 12 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Wow, that's amazing, I've read quite a bit about RAI but have been sceptical as it sounds too good to be true, but this just ends my doubts... Radiant AI is the coolest thing ever put into a game... biggrin.gif

By the way, would it be possible for a clone to be cloned? If thats the case the Skull of Corruption would really live up to its name creating a vicious circle of betrayal... But then it wouldn't be possible for the two clones to "..jointly rule the Thieves Guild" since they would try to create clones of eachother constantly.. tongue.gif Dangerous weapon that is... Gives me the chills...

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
Curly_G_
post Feb 12 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

I wanna battle my exact evil copy. Yet, he may win the fight, as it's 50/50 and the clone would probably be more merciless and aggressive... Creepy.

--------------------
Curly G .co.uk

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 12 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Now that's what I call a cool artefact. If I had to battle an evil clone, it would really come down to how smart the clone is. If he's dumb, I would probably blast him with blind, paralysis, fatigue, poison and other nasty stuff. Then when he's down and already pretty death, I rob him blind. Free copies of equipment! Without equipment, he's even more helpless. tongue.gif

But if he's smart, it would all come down to who gets blasted first. Heh, maybe we would blast eachother at the same time. laugh.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Sirin
post Feb 12 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #9

Evoker

i imagine by "blasting" you mean magic? oh boy, i know this is completely off topic, but i am not one for magic. if it came down to whoever "blasted" the other first, that would be a sad match. for if my clone had the same skills i did, than to get wasted by a little spark (being the only thing i could probably cast) would be pathetic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 5 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

oh my god! the first thing I'm gonna do with the skull of corruption (if it's in OB that is) is use it on a main quest essential NPC! i wonder if it will make me load my last save game? hmm... intriguing

--------------------
Adoring Fan

Tamriel is nothing more than Lorkhans plane of Oblivion... -Mankar Cameron
+Quote Post
pete tong
post Mar 5 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #11

Retainer

lol, i read that a good while ago funny
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Mar 5 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(xycolian @ Mar 5 2006, 05:11 AM)
oh my god! the first thing I'm gonna do with the skull of corruption (if it's in OB that is) is use it on a main quest essential NPC! i wonder if it will make me load my last save game? hmm... intriguing

They got rid of that, now they will just get knocked out for the time being.

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Mar 5 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zelda_Zealot @ Mar 5 2006, 10:40 PM)
They got rid of that, now they will just get knocked out for the time being.

They got rid of what? Using the Skull on plot-relevant NPCs? Or did they get rid of the Skulls effect as a whole? I sure hope not, it sounds like one of the coolest gadgets in Cyrodiil.. Or Tamriel even.. ohmy.gif

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

It's not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love put into them that matters - Mother Teresa
+Quote Post
xycolian
post Mar 6 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bofra @ Mar 5 2006, 11:19 PM)
They got rid of what? Using the Skull on plot-relevant NPCs? Or did they get rid of the Skulls effect as a whole? I sure hope not, it sounds like one of the coolest gadgets in Cyrodiil.. Or Tamriel even.. ohmy.gif

i think she meant that when you use it on an essencial NPC that they will be knocked out & that it won't produce an evil entity from that NPC. tongue.gif

EDIT: it's not the coolest item of tamriel...it's the coolest item in all of Nirn! devilsmile.gif

This post has been edited by xycolian: Mar 6 2006, 08:04 AM

--------------------
Adoring Fan

Tamriel is nothing more than Lorkhans plane of Oblivion... -Mankar Cameron
+Quote Post
TylerAV
post Mar 6 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #15

Retainer

I hope they keep it in the game.
+Quote Post
Bofra
post Mar 6 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(xycolian @ Mar 6 2006, 08:01 AM)
i think she meant that when you use it on an essencial NPC that they will be knocked out & that it won't produce an evil entity from that NPC. tongue.gif

EDIT: it's not the coolest item of tamriel...it's the coolest item in all of Nirn! devilsmile.gif

Ah, that's a relief.. But hey, I couldn't really say if it's the coolest item in Nirn since I really haven't seen/read much about the outside of Tamriel, but then it's hard to imagine something more evil and cool than the skull of corruption.... smile.gif

--------------------
FarFallen - The Game
Website | Forum
Join the forum now!

+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 7 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

something that makes TWO copies of the n-m-e so that you have extras...muwahahahah, or something that paralyzes target on strike, drain hp, and make a doppleganger of the character...all in one :grin:

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:45 AM