3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Wobbly Goblet Inn RP Mod
mALX
post Jun 12 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

If anyone else is having issues with the water statics, I just went into the CS and renamed them to see if that fixes the issue - Version 1.5 is uploaded to Nexus with that fix only

The only thing you have to do (if you are having water static issues) is to delete the old ESP and copy the new ESP into your Oblivion/Data folder - nothing else has changed, and the water static issue will hopefully be done and over with. I so apologize for this, sad.gif embarrased.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 12 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

Grits tried the water statics and they were still missing, so I went back into the CS and deleted all water statics, then reinstalled them from scratch. The update is uploaded to Nexus - Version 1.53:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43625/

If anyone else is having issues with the water statics, Version 1.53 is uploaded to Nexus with that fix only

The only thing you have to do (if you are having water static issues) is to delete the old ESP and copy the new ESP into your Oblivion/Data folder - nothing else has changed, and the water static issue will hopefully be done and over with. I so apologize for this sad.gif embarrased.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 12 2013, 08:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 12 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

For anyone having missing water static meshes in their downloads 1.4 through 1.53 - the problem is fixed in Version 1.7 - finally !!

Download Version 1.7

Delete any old ESP's of this mod from your Oblivion/Data folder

In the Oblivion/Data/Meshes folder: delete the Water Statics folder (with the two nifs: mALXWaterC01 and 02)

copy just the Version 1.7 ESP into your Oblivion/Data folder

Copy just the Water Statics folder into: Oblivion/Data/Meshes

I went to someone else's computer, loaded up Oblivion and this mod - it is working perfectly, water meshes and all - WOO HOO !!!

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding while I hunted the problem, and your assistance in testing it and reporting was priceless, I could not have asked for better help finding the problem! You all are wonderful, thank you so much for all your feedback!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 13 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

If anyone prefers a cleaner corral, Version 1.73 is the SAME as version 1.7 - just has a cleaner look to the corral.

(only install one or the other)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 14 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

If anyone besides Acadian is having purple water issues with the Wobbly Goblet Inn stables - please download Version 1.77

That should completely fix the issue with the water meshes. Your patience and feedback is so appreciated in helping me get to the bottom of the issues with this water static not showing up - SO appreciated!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 14 2013, 08:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 14 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #26

Paladin
Group Icon

Eureka! Hug_emoticon.gif

I downloaded 1.77, turned it into an omod and it works perfectly for me. Specifically, I have the beautiful water in the troughs back that I haven't seen since 1.2. Thanks so much for all your hard work on this, and your patience too! salute.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 17 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

Poster updated to allow painting as well as defacing - same place as before

Clark preparing to improve the poster

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 13 2015, 04:34 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 17 2013, 02:52 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 16 2013, 07:29 PM) *

Poster updated to allow painting as well as defacing - same place as before

Clark preparing to improve the poster

I love that the player can play with the poster! How does it work, is this still the charcoal? This is Awesome !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 17 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

There's charcoal for defacing it, but artistic interpretation requires a proper paint brush, specifically one that you'll currently find on the desk in the Player Suite. If you have the brush in your inventory, you paint (and the deface option isn't given). If you only have the charcoal, your options are cruder.

The initial state of the poster may not be correct. I still haven't figured out how to make sure it starts clean, probably an OnLoad block in the script to make sure its visual state matches the stored variables.

Via the console, you can select the poster, and use the PlayGroup command to set its state.

"PlayGroup Forward 1" removes charcoal.
"PlayGroup Backward 1" adds charcoal.
"PlayGroup left 1" adds paint.
"PlayGroup right 1" removes paint.

Check the state with "SV" and reset the StateDefaced and StatePainted variables as needed.

The script checks those, and uses GetItemCount to see if you have the tools.

I also left in the two earlier versions of the poster that just had one option. They aren't placed anywhere, and each uses only Forward/Backward. FreijaPoster has just charcoal, FreijaPoster2 has just paint, and FreijaPoster3 does both. Each has its own script, of course.

Feel free to move the Charcoal and Paint Brush elsewhere if that would let you add mini-quests (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).

Fair warning: I'm trying to take it further, and use the niFlipController to animate the transitions, so the charcoal or paint won't appear instantly, but build up over a few seconds. So this isn't the final version - do I ever finish anything?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 17 2013, 04:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 17 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 17 2013, 11:13 AM) *

There's charcoal for defacing it, but artistic interpretation requires a proper paint brush, specifically one that you'll currently find on the desk in the Player Suite. If you have the brush in your inventory, you paint (and the deface option isn't given). If you only have the charcoal, your options are cruder.

The initial state of the poster may not be correct. I still haven't figured out how to make sure it starts clean, probably an OnLoad block in the script to make sure its visual state matches the stored variables.

Via the console, you can select the poster, and use the PlayGroup command to set its state.

"PlayGroup Forward 1" removes charcoal.
"PlayGroup Backward 1" adds charcoal.
"PlayGroup left 1" adds paint.
"PlayGroup right 1" removes paint.

Check the state with "SV" and reset the StateDefaced and StatePainted variables as needed.

The script checks those, and uses GetItemCount to see if you have the tools.

I also left in the two earlier versions of the poster that just had one option. They aren't placed anywhere, and each uses only Forward/Backward. FreijaPoster has just charcoal, FreijaPoster2 has just paint, and FreijaPoster3 does both. Each has its own script, of course.

Feel free to move the Charcoal and Paint Brush elsewhere if that would let you add mini-quests (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).

Fair warning: I'm trying to take it further, and use the niFlipController to animate the transitions, so the charcoal or paint won't appear instantly, but build up over a few seconds. So this isn't the final version - do I ever finish anything?

What a great idea to have it slowly appear over time as the Player paints (if it can be done)! Sort of like the rebuilding of Kvatch, have it appear in stages? I love that idea! Either way, I think it is so cool that the Player can interact with it!

Lol on the mini-quest idea - what a great idea for a little side quest attached to the poster!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 17 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

Grits just discovered that the charcoal uses an SI mesh, so you'll see a WTF if you don't have SI. I'll point it at something else, once I find a candidate. She also confirms that the poster starts defaced, as I suspected, so there's a script update coming, too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 17 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 17 2013, 01:01 PM) *

Grits just discovered that the charcoal uses an SI mesh, so you'll see a WTF if you don't have SI. I'll point it at something else, once I find a candidate. She also confirms that the poster starts defaced, as I suspected, so there's a script update coming, too!

I don't have Shivering Isles, sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 18 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

Poster fixed to use black soul gem mesh and icon for charcoal. Script rewritten for initial state. Download again, and see if I fixed it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 18 2013, 01:03 AM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 17 2013, 07:55 PM) *

Poster fixed to use black soul gem mesh and icon for charcoal. Script rewritten for initial state. Download again, and see if I fixed it!

The same Download link? I'll do it! (but might not get to play it till later).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 18 2013, 03:55 AM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

You fixed it! goodjob.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 18 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 17 2013, 10:55 PM) *

All right! Time to break it again! (But not if it gets in the way of getting Nocturnal's cape right.) I'll leave the current working one alone, though, in case anyone needs it. That link should be stable.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 18 2013, 05:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 26 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 18 2013, 09:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 17 2013, 10:55 PM) *

All right! Time to break it again! (But not if it gets in the way of getting Nocturnal's cape right.) I'll leave the current working one alone, though, in case anyone needs it. That link should be stable.

I Downloaded it, but haven't had time to get in game since finishing that last version of the mod.

Would the staggered transitions work like the "Kvatch Rebuilt" thing? Where everytime you came to Kvatch it was a little bit more done?

Oh, and you worked magic with the bed rental dialogue - I was wondering if you would know what I am doing wrong on Eyja's random dialogue?

I got up some voice files I wanted Eyja to say in her evening travel package (when her sexy idle package kicks in) - stuff like "Hello there, handsome!" and "I can promise you a night of fun you won't soon forget" (and a couple she is supposed to say while eating her lunch - "Back to the old dating game..." etc.).

She is not saying any of them. I'm not sure if the dialogue conditions assume she is talking to the Player unless otherwise specified (because they are set up to say to a male, and my character is a female) - I thought she would say them to Baurus or Silus, but she doesn't.

I have the conditions that she say the dialogue (only)
I have the game hour conditions set to between 16 and 23
I have the condition she is to target a male for the sexy talk, no condition for stuff she can say to both M or F

Nothing is working. Do I have to set a random percent to have it prioritized? Or do I have to have her target a certain NPC? (say Baurus or Silus)?

I noticed the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, etc - they have their own generic random dialogue. The Inn already has a faction, but would setting up another faction and attaching this dialogue work? (then just add Eyja and the two male NPC's to the faction? - or actually in my own game I might add it to Boromir too, lol).

Do you have any suggestions or advice on forcing random dialogue between NPC's?

What I've done (because I was afraid to mess with the Inn mod and break something) - I made a twin to Eyja (who is already a triplet) - Her name is Tesla, and she is hanging out outside the Chorrol Mages Guild while I try and play with/test out the dialogue on her, then when I know how to make it work I will add it to Eyja. (I may keep Tesla around in my game, she hangs out with Honditer and Earana talking all day, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 26 2013, 10:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 26 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

The poster animation would be over a few seconds, and all with one activation.

For the dialog thing, I have to ask...

Did you remember the "on target" part for the IsMale check? Otherwise she's checking herself, and hopefully never gets that answer.

Otherwise, a character always says the first thing available, unless it's part of a random group - i.e. all the ones marked R up to the RE one at the end . You may have a higher priority info that gets all the use, which perhaps should be part of the same random group. You don't need to use random percentages yourself if the infos are equally likely. (and putting the same one in twice to get it said twice as often is simpler than the alternative.)

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 26 2013, 06:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 26 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 26 2013, 01:51 PM) *

The poster animation would be over a few seconds, and all with one activation.

For the dialog thing, I have to ask...

Did you remember the "on target" part for the IsMale check? Otherwise she's checking herself, and hopefully never gets that answer.

Yes, on anything for males only it is set for "on target."

I originally had that travel package as a condition, but noticed in setting up the sexy idle animations that using the game hours worked better (so changed it to game hours in the dialogue conditions).

I haven't tried making a faction for that dialogue yet, but think it would be easier than pointing her in the conditions to target Baurus OR Silus OR Player (plus it would be easier to add others to the factions, including have the Player added to it by the primary Inn quest).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 24 2013, 12:23 AM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

I hope Eyja will forgive this WobblyEyja.

Anyone with sufficient skill can now pickpocket Eyja's shirt off her back. (Clark cheated and used full chameleon, because he wanted to be certain it came off properly.)

Coming off soon! ...
Vinja's Plaid shirt - I had to give her a plaid shirt before it would come off thus
Boromir's britches!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 14 2016, 07:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:07 AM