81 Pages V « < 63 64 65 66 67 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Eating/Drinking?, The Tastiest Thread Around
Dark Reaper
post Aug 17 2019, 11:16 PM
Post #1281

Master
Group Icon

This morning I had Pizza and for lunch I had a sammich.

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
treydog
post Aug 17 2019, 11:46 PM
Post #1282

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Aug 17 2019, 06:16 PM) *

You stalking my meals, Reaper? Sammich for lunch and pizza for supper.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 17 2019, 11:52 PM
Post #1283

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Aug 17 2019, 05:46 PM) *

I can't help it that sammiches and pizzas are part of my diet lol biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 17 2019, 11:59 PM
Post #1284

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Aug 17 2019, 01:46 PM) *

Decrepit, you might try the Marzetti brand of Thousand Island... not as good as the homemade my mom used to create, but then nothing ever is.... kvleft.gif

Marzetti? Hmm...rings a bell. Not sure why. I'll try and remember to look for it near WallyWorld visit. Not holding my breath. They just don't carry the variety of options within an item type they once did. We shall see.

Today's meals were standard fare. Oatmeal with sliced fruits and other goodies for breakfast. Canned chili for lunch. Salad with lots of veggies and tuna for supper. Tomorrow will be the same, except I'll likely have a Wowbutter sammich rather than soup/chili for lunch.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 18 2019, 12:59 AM
Post #1285

Ancient
Group Icon

TJ Marzetti's is one of the more upscale salad dressings. Around here they aren't in the salad dressing aisle with all the other peasant fare. Instead they are in the produce section, with the fresh lettuce. Its good!

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Aug 18 2019, 01:15 AM
Post #1286

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 17 2019, 07:59 PM) *

TJ Marzetti's is one of the more upscale salad dressings. Around here they aren't in the salad dressing aisle with all the other peasant fare. Instead they are in the produce section, with the fresh lettuce. Its good!

Same here- it is in the produce section. Mrs. Treydog likes the Ranch and I stick with my childhood love of Thousand Island...

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 18 2019, 01:16 AM
Post #1287

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Aug 17 2019, 06:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Aug 17 2019, 06:16 PM) *

I also had pizza for lunch!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 18 2019, 02:01 AM
Post #1288

Paladin
Group Icon

I didn't have pizza. . . but wish I had. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 18 2019, 02:48 AM
Post #1289

Ancient
Group Icon

I had KFC today, and leftover pizza and breadsticks from yesterday. Tomorrow: leftover KFC and pizza.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Aug 18 2019, 07:54 PM
Post #1290

Master
Group Icon

Another day, another pizza in the oven.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 20 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #1291

Master
Group Icon

Remembered to look for Marzetti Thousand Island Dressing at Walmart this morning. Found Marzetti dressings in the produce section, as mentioned here. Had a decent selection, but alas no Thousand Island. Not even empty shelf space for it. Figures. They've stopped carrying my two favorite dressings, my favorite sugar free preserves, and the bread I used to buy. The latter is no great loss as there remains one satisfactory similar bread available.

Bought a sammich from their deli department for today's lunch/supper. Naturally they were out of the sammich I normally buy. Settled for a turkey and cheddar. Turned out to be rather meh. Should have passed. It wasn't bad, mind you. Just didn't taste yummy enough to warrant the expense.

Tomorrow will likely be canned chili for lunch, standard fare breakfast and supper.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 21 2019, 01:03 AM
Post #1292

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 19 2019, 07:49 PM) *

Remembered to look for Marzetti Thousand Island Dressing at Walmart this morning. Found Marzetti dressings in the produce section, as mentioned here. Had a decent selection, but alas no Thousand Island. Not even empty shelf space for it. Figures. They've stopped carrying my two favorite dressings, my favorite sugar free preserves, and the bread I used to buy. The latter is no great loss as there remains one satisfactory similar bread available.

Bought a sammich from their deli department for today's lunch/supper. Naturally they were out of the sammich I normally buy. Settled for a turkey and cheddar. Turned out to be rather meh. Should have passed. It wasn't bad, mind you. Just didn't taste yummy enough to warrant the expense.

Tomorrow will likely be canned chili for lunch, standard fare breakfast and supper.

Aw, you got the shaft all day on eating today! verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 20 2019, 02:06 AM
Post #1293

Master
Group Icon

This week's grocery run might have gone better. First, I didn't realize I needed to add butter substitute to the list. I likely have enough to make it through the week, but must ration carefully. No tuna-in-water, except expensive varieties. Settled for tuna-in-vegetable-oil, which I don't much care for. What's more, I again goofed by short-sheeting myself on the list by one can. Another goof...I mistakenly picked up the wrong variety of Wolf chili. (Bought two cans. The other is correct.)

The batch of Fuji's bought three weeks ago was amazingly good, all upper second-tier to mid first-tier. Been ages since I last bought a week's worth of Fuji so consistently yummy. The batch bought two weeks ago was polar opposite. Other than one solidly third-tier apple, the rest were fourth and below. One was so bad I tossed the final quarter in the trash. Don't believe that's happened before, discounting episodes of illness during which food tastes so obnoxious I sometimes can't finish meals. The batch one week ago was a mix bag. A couple were fourth-tier. Most were meh. One was top-notch. This weeks Fuji's are, so far, again meh.

My oatmeal/fruit based breakfast remains my favorite meal of the day. I continue to eat soup/chili or a Wowbutter sammich for lunch six days a week. A salad with tuna and lots of fresh raw veggies remains my standard supper (again six days a week).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 20 2019, 11:09 PM
Post #1294

Master
Group Icon

Ramen Noodles and water...the meal of poor folks.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 24 2019, 02:25 PM
Post #1295

Master
Group Icon

Looks as if Walmart no longer carries my preferred butter substitute, which I've used and liked for years. Also, I bought their last can of Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. Hope it's temporarily out-of-stock rather than abandoned. (They got rid of my favorite SF preserve months ago, and possibly just eliminated SF red raspberry, which I like to rotate with Blackberry.) Speaking of which, I needed to make an unplanned Walmart run this morning to buy SF Blackberry Jam, having somehow neglected to put it on yesterday's grocery list.

Had a hard time finding Fuji apples yesterday. I looked and looked and couldn't spot them. Yet they were housed in their normal bin the entire time. These look nothing like the Fuji's I usually buy. Quite small. Different coloring. Had the first of them yesterday evening. Juicy and reasonably crisp, as a Fuji should be. Otherwise, there wasn't much to recommend it. Not a bad apple, just nothing special.

Prior to yesterday's grocery run I ate at my local Oriental All-You-Can-East Buffet restaurant of choice. White rice left something to be desired. I suspect it carried over from the weekend. Otherwise, I've not complaints. As usual, I piled my plate (too) high and dug in with gusto. Chopstick performance was decidedly below par. My worst performance in ages. I blame some of that on the rice, so gummy it was hard to separate individual bites from the sticky mass. That aside, throughout the meal I had trouble getting stick tips to align properly, a sure sign of impending disaster. In the end, the worst of it was needing to brush a little rice off my pants. Otherwise, mis-grabs occurred over the plate, thus caused no harm.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 24 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #1296

Mouth
Group Icon

Had Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast. Yuuuuuuuummmmmm. One of my top 2 cereals.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 24 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #1297

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Sep 19 2019, 09:06 PM) *

This week's grocery run might have gone better. First, I didn't realize I needed to add butter substitute to the list. I likely have enough to make it through the week, but must ration carefully. No tuna-in-water, except expensive varieties. Settled for tuna-in-vegetable-oil, which I don't much care for. What's more, I again goofed by short-sheeting myself on the list by one can. Another goof...I mistakenly picked up the wrong variety of Wolf chili. (Bought two cans. The other is correct.)

The batch of Fuji's bought three weeks ago was amazingly good, all upper second-tier to mid first-tier. Been ages since I last bought a week's worth of Fuji so consistently yummy. The batch bought two weeks ago was polar opposite. Other than one solidly third-tier apple, the rest were fourth and below. One was so bad I tossed the final quarter in the trash. Don't believe that's happened before, discounting episodes of illness during which food tastes so obnoxious I sometimes can't finish meals. The batch one week ago was a mix bag. A couple were fourth-tier. Most were meh. One was top-notch. This weeks Fuji's are, so far, again meh.

My oatmeal/fruit based breakfast remains my favorite meal of the day. I continue to eat soup/chili or a Wowbutter sammich for lunch six days a week. A salad with tuna and lots of fresh raw veggies remains my standard supper (again six days a week).

Sorry about the Fuji's going bad lately. I've been having the same problem with peaches. They all seem to have a blackening on the inside and never get juicy; they just dry up and get hard. Is it something they are spraying them with?

Thanks to your tuna salad descriptions; I went ahead and started eating more tuna salads (to add protein to my salads). Tuna, celery, cucumber, green bell pepper, some seasonings, and served on a bed of lettuce. (sometimes have a slice of bacon crumbled over the top of it).

I really hate tuna; but am forcing myself to get used to it. I also want it in spring water; (though now they are just saying "water" even on the premium cans). Also, I only eat the solid white Albacore; though even that is tasting fishy lately to me for some reason, urgh.

If you get it in vegetable oil you can put the tuna in a strainer and wash the oil off it; that def helps if you are adding mayo to it later.

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Sep 20 2019, 06:09 PM) *

Ramen Noodles and water...the meal of poor folks.

Ramen Noodles have pulled my family through some tough times, laugh.gif

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Sep 24 2019, 09:25 AM) *

Looks as if Walmart no longer carries my preferred butter substitute, which I've used and liked for years. Also, I bought their last can of Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. Hope it's temporarily out-of-stock rather than abandoned. (They got rid of my favorite SF preserve months ago, and possibly just eliminated SF red raspberry, which I like to rotate with Blackberry.) Speaking of which, I needed to make an unplanned Walmart run this morning to buy SF Blackberry Jam, having somehow neglected to put it on yesterday's grocery list.

Had a hard time finding Fuji apples yesterday. I looked and looked and couldn't spot them. Yet they were housed in their normal bin the entire time. These look nothing like the Fuji's I usually buy. Quite small. Different coloring. Had the first of them yesterday evening. Juicy and reasonably crisp, as a Fuji should be. Otherwise, there wasn't much to recommend it. Not a bad apple, just nothing special.

Prior to yesterday's grocery run I ate at my local Oriental All-You-Can-East Buffet restaurant of choice. White rice left something to be desired. I suspect it carried over from the weekend. Otherwise, I've not complaints. As usual, I piled my plate (too) high and dug in with gusto. Chopstick performance was decidedly below par. My worst performance in ages. I blame some of that on the rice, so gummy it was hard to separate individual bites from the sticky mass. That aside, throughout the meal I had trouble getting stick tips to align properly, a sure sign of impending disaster. In the end, the worst of it was needing to brush a little rice off my pants. Otherwise, mis-grabs occurred over the plate, thus caused no harm.

Sounds like your hand was having issues today. Does it ever crimp closed when holding the computer mouse in it?

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 24 2019, 10:22 AM) *

Had Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast. Yuuuuuuuummmmmm. One of my top 2 cereals.

Yeah, they are up in my top ten list too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 10 2019, 02:51 PM
Post #1298

Master
Group Icon

Sunflower seeds.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 11 2019, 04:31 PM
Post #1299

Master
Group Icon

Bought Groceries yesterday (Sunday) instead of today (Monday, my traditionally grocery/errand day) due to today's predicted cold temps, rain and possible snow. (Yesterday's weather was pleasant in all regards.)

I would have sworn this week's Fuji apple purchase couldn't be as consistently meh as last week's. If yesterday's Fuji is any indication, I'm wrong. Didn't taste like a Fuji. Not close. Struggled through slice one, then sprinkled artificial sweetener atop its three remaining slices to make them endurable. Fujis should never need added sweetness.

No Wild Wonders tomato tubs this week. Hope they're not discontinued. Darn good store-bought tomatoes, a rarity these days.

Likewise, no Ken's Thousand Isle Dressing, except in large bottles. Surely they won't stop carrying regular size bottles?

I now have two canned Chili's I enjoy. Neither is ideal by any stretch of imagination. First is Wolf Brand Chili Authentic Texas Recipe with Beans. It's the sort of chili I don't normally like, mostly a thick, heavy broth with small crumbles of solid ingredients blended in. Yet it has a basic flavor I find appealing. Second is Campbell's Chunky Chili, Hot & Spicy with Beans. It is indeed 'chunky,' looking somewhat like the can label picture! Spicy? For canned chili it's passably spicy. Hot? Nope. I would have been (pleasantly) surprised if it had been. My main issue is that, for me, it's too sweet. Again, they don't hold a candle to homemade chili. But for canned they're quite passable.

@mALX: No, I have a very relaxed grip with my computer mouse. In the old days my hand tended to cramp by meal's end when using chopsticks. I worked on relaxing my grip until that too went away. I still occasionally catch myself gripping chopsticks too firmly, but simply loosen up at that point. I do champ when writing with pen/pencil. Even something so short as filling out a check causes pain. For whatever reason, I grip the darn things like a tightened vice. Don't notice until pain sets in. Problem there, I think, is that I don't use pens or pencils often enough to stay in practice.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Nov 11 2019, 04:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Nov 11 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #1300

Master
Group Icon

My meal for today: Mixed flavored sunflower seeds and coffee.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 63 64 65 66 67 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 PM