Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anchorage Aftermath, An Operation Anchorage Conversion Mod
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2016, 02:09 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I am going to be releasing Anchorage Aftermath soon, and could use a few beta testers, if anyone is interested.

Anchorage Aftermath allows you to travel to Anchorage in contemporary Fallout time, rather than in a simulation. You can reach it via a Vertibird on the flight deck of Rivet City. Completing Operation Anchorage is not required. In fact, Anchorage Aftermath is completely separate from Operation Anchorage. Nothing you do in one will affect the other. However, it is still necessary to have the Operation Anchorage dlc active in your load order, as Anchorage Aftermath uses many resources from it.

My goals in Anchorage Aftermath are to allow you to explore Anchorage without the simulation elements such as health stations, enemies that de-rez when you kill them, and so forth. It plays exactly like any other place in FO3. You can also do it without having to aid the Outcasts, which I can understand many characters might not want to do. Finally, I have been careful to avoid changing anything from the original Anchorage.

Anchorage Aftemath is not a carbon copy of Operation Anchorage however. I have opened up new areas to explore that were previously blocked off. There are also new enemies to fight, human, animal, and robotic. You will be able to find all of the items added by Operation Anchorage, plus a few brand new ones. That includes powered armor, and training in how to use it.

I am almost done. I have created the world spaces, filled the area with interactable objects, added monsters, and so forth. All I have left on my To Do list is to create more navmeshes in areas I have opened up for exploration, and to put in some back story in the form of notes scattered around the area. I also want to figure out what to do with the intelligence briefcases, which I made AA-specific copies of and put in the game world. I am thinking of creating a quest aimed at gathering them all, and perhaps awarding the character with a +1 to Perception.

I could use some help with balancing. Mainly to make sure the monsters are not too numerous and difficult. But also to insure that there is enough ammo and healing in the world. If anyone would like to take a crack at reskinning the Snow Scorpions and Polar Yao-Guai I would be much appreciative as well. The textures I have right now are kind of rough.

If anyone wants to try testing out what I have so far, let me know, and I'll put up my most current version on Dropbox.

Anchorage Aftermath is now available for download on the Nexus.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 23 2016, 10:43 PM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SubRosa   Anchorage Aftermath   Feb 25 2016, 02:09 AM
Renee   Yah I'll be up for this, but probably not unti...   Feb 29 2016, 12:16 AM
mirocu   Yah I'll be up for this, but probably not unt...   Feb 29 2016, 08:50 AM
SubRosa   Yah I'll be up for this, but probably not un...   Feb 29 2016, 05:47 PM
SubRosa   It will have been up on the Nexus for months by th...   Feb 29 2016, 02:14 AM
Renee   Maybe you can try getting some beta-testers over a...   Feb 29 2016, 08:54 PM
SubRosa   Anchorage Aftermath is now Up on the Nexus for Dow...   Mar 14 2016, 01:05 AM
Renee   Got it bookmarked. Thanks.   Mar 14 2016, 11:10 PM
SubRosa   Anchorage Aftermath made the front page of The Nex...   Mar 18 2016, 01:55 PM
Acadian   Congrats, SubRosa! That is so neat! Hav...   Mar 18 2016, 01:58 PM
Grits   Yay, congratulations! I downloaded and tracked...   Mar 18 2016, 02:31 PM
Lopov   I haven't gotten very far through your mod yet...   Apr 23 2016, 02:24 PM
SubRosa   Thanks Lopov! I wanted to make gathering up al...   Apr 23 2016, 05:47 PM
Lopov   I missed two parts of Hawkins' diary, namely 2...   Apr 23 2016, 06:28 PM
SubRosa   I missed two parts of Hawkins' diary, namely ...   Apr 23 2016, 07:09 PM
Lopov   I finished it! :salute: :hubbahubba: Good wor...   Apr 23 2016, 09:20 PM
SubRosa   Yay! Did you find the easter egg I put on the ...   Apr 23 2016, 09:45 PM
Lopov   Yeah, the HOBO sign! :lol: That was neat, than...   Apr 23 2016, 09:52 PM
SubRosa   When I saw the train tracks, the first thing I tho...   Apr 23 2016, 10:06 PM
Lopov   The Hobo will also do the AA at some point, just t...   Apr 24 2016, 09:10 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:18 PM