Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Flying Bullets, Playground 1
minque
post May 15 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #61

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

She smiled at Jonathan, she appreciated his company more than she thought...she had been alone too long, that's for sure.

"What you can do for me is to eat and get strong enough to keep me company, I do need a friend , you know!"

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 15 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #62

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan

Jonathan laughed.
"Well, I suppose I can't argue with that!" He said as he accepted the can of beans and began to eat. To his delight, he discovered that the beans, while perhaps not the best thing ever, were a lot more flavourable than most things he'd eaten.
"Although in all seriousness, I have to ask you if you have any long-term plans. You can't sit here forever, you know. Not unless you have a supply of food that does not come out of pre-war cans."

OOC: Yeah, I'm trying to set things up for them to go to Haven. wink.gif

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: May 15 2009, 10:01 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 15 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #63

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

"Ehh in fact I thought I had a plan, I was sent out from our vault to scan the radioactive poisoning, somewhere, but I lost the map and ...was lost myself, then I found this ruin, with a nice supply...of beans! Oh heck, I think I was attacked sometime during all this, but unfortunately I suffer from memory loss...to some extent...." she rambled

"Anyway, I can't say I have a plan anymore, so hmm if you like to have a companion on your mission, you just got one" Lexie continued somewhat embarrassed

OOC: Excellent, lead us to the Haven! tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 16 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #64

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan

Jonathan stroked his chin.
"A vault? I...see. Well then, I was travelling to Haven to look for work and interesting machinery. If the locals have been accurate in their stories, it's not too far from here in an old stadium. Unfortunately, my mode of transportation broke down, hence my inquiries into lawnmowers." He said as he finished his meal.

"That said, I think I'm going to fashion myself a walking stick and check out that lawnmower to see if it contains the parts I need." He continued, laughing to himself.
"And luck permitting, I won't be jumping off stairs any time soon!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silver
post May 17 2009, 05:53 AM
Post #65

Evoker

Linda

Shaking her head at the offer of a cigarette, she took another quick puff of Jet, letting the little canister hang in front of her chest instead of tucking it away this time. Reaching for the paper, she started to scribble out a new message.

I'm here. I'm alive. I scout, I steal, and I don't get seen. What other kind of history do you need?

A wry smile tugged at the corner of her lips, before it fell back to a more blank look after a moment, though her eyes sparkled merrily.

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
seerauna
post May 27 2009, 02:31 AM
Post #66

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah
It was more than an hour before Hannah decided to head back to Haven. Her expedition of sorts left her with Raider blood on the ground and a few more caps than before. All in all, a pretty successful Raider hunt.

It took her another fifteen minutes to make it to Haven's Southern gate. Her curiosity rose when she saw one of the newcomers leaning against the outside of the gate. Why was she there? Had she been waiting for her to come back?

Rifle slung over her shoulder, she walked forward at a slightly slower pace wondering what the hell was going on here.

OOC: Would Karelia wait that long? I can always edit if she wouldn't

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 27 2009, 08:37 AM
Post #67

Master
Group Icon

Sam

Sam shrugged at her reply. He guessed that she wouldn't be willing to give too much up to a stranger just yet.

"Fair enough," he said. He leant back in his chair, wondering where Karelia had gotten to.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 27 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #68

Councilor
Group Icon

OOC: yeah, it's cool

Karelia

Karelia was sitting now, with her back on the rusted gate. She was still somewhat in her right mind, though she lost count of how many cigarettes and jet she'd breathed in while waiting.

After what seemed like an eternity of boredom, Karelia spotted the girl. As she approached, Karelia figured that she'd been busy, judging by the blood on her shoes.

"Good hunting?"

This post has been edited by Dantrag: May 27 2009, 07:46 PM

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
minque
post May 27 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #69

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

"I'll help you, what exactly are we looking for? Hmm I'm not so sure you should be walking about with that leg of yours...but I might have something for you to ease the pain"

She smiled and somehow showed up with another bottle...

OOC: Jackie, feel free to speed things up so they will get on their way to Haven! wink.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
seerauna
post May 28 2009, 05:07 AM
Post #70

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah

Hannah heard the stranger's question and grinned. She was back mostly whole wasn't she?

"As well as can be expected out there," she said, jerking him thumb back over her shoulder. "What's your name? I'm Hannah." she asked impulsively. Who knew whether she would answer or not?

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 28 2009, 05:35 AM
Post #71

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

"Karelia," she replied, placing her cigarette in her mouth and standing up to extend a hand. Suddenly realizing that she had nothing in particular to say, the next few moments were awkwardly silent. She felt especially stupid for waiting out here for so long.

Lay off the jet, Karelia.

"So...you smoke?" she asked, despite the girl's age.

--------------------
+Quote Post
seerauna
post May 28 2009, 05:51 AM
Post #72

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah

There was an awkward moment of silence, then Karelia offered Hannah a cigarette. She shook her head at her offer for a offer. "So...you smoke?" Odd question, but okay.

"Nope, 'parently you do though. Quick question. Why'd you wait for me? I've been out there for awhile, and most would've gone back by now."

Seriously, why? I'm surprised she even noticed me leave. Most don't.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 28 2009, 06:57 AM
Post #73

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

"Saw you eyein' your gun earlier and thought you might make trouble," she admitted, "Got curious when I saw your little escape route."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post May 28 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #74

Mouth
Group Icon

Aidan

"Well that sounds fine," said Aidan, "How about we get another drink to celebrate while Sam tells us what he has in mind?"

He waved over a barmaid who brought another bottle of whisky. He poured himself a large glass and offered the bottle to Linda.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post May 28 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

OOC: Ok, I'll pull off a quick timeskip. Tell me if you don't agree anywhere. smile.gif

Jonathan

"For a walking stick, anything will do. There is a piece of the stairs' handrail right over there. That will work. As for the lawnmower, the only thing I need is the engine, but I'd rather take it apart myself. Don't want to mess up the transmission by accident." Jonathan muttered as he eyed the bottle.
"Err...I think I've had my daily dose of alcohol for the day. Sorry."

About an hour later, they were standing at the crossroads where Jonathan left his machine, together with the lawnmower that had been found in a small shack in the backyard.

"So, uh...what's this?" Lexie asked as she looked at the awkward contraption with a frown. Jonathan pushed up his sleeves and got to work on separating the lawnmower's engine from the frame.
"This, milady, is my loyal companion. The invincible super robot of absolute awesomeness, FRIGERIZER Z!!!!" He answered with a mad cackle.

"Ahem, this shouldn't take too long. I've done these kind of repairs before. We should be underway in a moment. Oh, while I'm at it. Maybe I should bolt on an extra seat. And a cup-holder, maybe a weird spinny bit. Oh, how about a microwave oven?" He rambled on, already eyeing the streets.
"Oh no, just fix the engine so we can go. You know I can't let you run around, digging through junk with that leg of yours!" Lexie objected.
"Spoilsport."

True to his word, they were underway soon enough and about to reach Haven after just a short trip. Unfortunately, it had taken a bit of effort and time on Lexie's part to fully dissuade Jonathan from ripping apart a carwreck in search of an extra seat, so the sun was long down by the time they reached the gates.

OOC: I figured she'd rather not spend hours sitting out there in the open while a mad professor is building a limousine/tank/mobile health hazard A-team style.

--------------------
+Quote Post
seerauna
post May 29 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #76

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah

She shrugged at Karelia's mention of her slipping under the gate. "I've used it as that more than once. Sometimes you need to get away from it all, ya know?"

Karelia nodded in answer then said, "Kind of hard to do that when you live out on the Wastelands though. It's all a never-ending battle."

Hannah had a feeling her natural curiosity was about to overwhelm her and shut her mouth on what she was about to say.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 30 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #77

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(seerauna @ May 28 2009, 10:06 PM) *

Hannah

She shrugged at Karelia's mention of her slipping under the gate. "I've used it as that more than once. Sometimes you need to get away from it all, ya know?"

Karelia nodded in answer then said, "Kind of hard to do that when you live out on the Wastelands though. It's all a never-ending battle."

Hannah had a feeling her natural curiosity was about to overwhelm her and shut her mouth on what she was about to say.

Karelia

"Battles ain't so bad, though. More chance of dyin' on your feet," she said, though she got the feeling the girl was holding some words back.

"So you've got a decent eye to see that hole, an' it looks like you can at least handle yourself," she kept on, "But how do you shoot?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
seerauna
post May 30 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #78

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah

"Fairly well, but it's not like I'm the best shot out there. Why?" she asked Karelia. She could ask some weird questions, but this one actually made some sort of sense. Rare when you lived out here. Normally nothing made the least bit of sense, at least to Hannah's mind.

Karelia nodded slowly, looking like she was chewing something over in her mind.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 30 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #79

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

"Think you could hit tha--" Karelia stopped suddenly, for coming over the horizon was a man, a woman, and a refrigerator. Karelia pointed over Hannah's shoulder to get her to turn around and look at the thing.

"Do you see that?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post May 31 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #80

Wise Woman
Group Icon

OOC: FYI Lexie looks like this!

Lexie

As they approached the Haven Lexie spotted two persons outside...

"Jon, you see those over there? Should we be careful, or just say hi to them, see I've not been amongst people for quite some time, I feel a bit scared"

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 12:48 PM