Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> West Virginia Wayfaring and Vagabonding, Country Rooooooads, Take Me Hoooooooome
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 2 2020, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

To the plaaaaaace I beloooong.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/faceboo...EaUVIAAF_HV.jpg

Finally made this thread where I can put up some screenshots of my adventures in Appalachia. Hopefully others here will get the game eventually and put up their own too.

I can't put mine up at this very moment, but I certainly will soon. Whatever gameplay criticisms there may be, I absolutely love the scenery in this game. Who knew a post-apocalyptic wasteland could be so pretty?

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 2 2020, 11:57 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jul 2 2020, 06:32 PM) *

Who knew a post-apocalyptic wasteland could be so pretty?

Detroit can look pretty, so I get it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 3 2020, 12:49 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

That is also one thing, I watched a let's play video months ago and the scenery was stunning! But the video author kept rushing around at full speed zip zip zip zip!!! and I was getting dizzy. wacko.gif That's why I had all those questions about the actual gameplay awhile back.

Yah, but I do want to see some pics. smile.gif cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 4 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

And here comes the first batch of screens. I haven't figured out how to turn off the HUD yet (there is a photo mode, but you can't always just change to that and even when you can it is a bit cumbersome) and I've gotten some conflicting info on how exactly you do it or whether you can. So unfortunately, these shots are going to look a bit tacky, for lack of a better term. But I did the best I could so far. And--shocker!--my character's name is Mariah. Just really like that name for some reason.

Happy Reclamation Day!...Um, anyone here?

The Outside World

Wayfaring to the Wayward Inn

Mariah, Appalachia Edition

The Post-Apocalypse is Quite Pretty

Echoes of a World Long Gone

Morning Jog

Sleepy-Time Junction

My Beshtish Robot Frend in the *Hic* Whole Werld

Still Got It

Why ish th' *Hic* Room Spinning?

Got plenty more of these coming later.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 5 2020, 01:04 AM
Post #5

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome, Mariah, to what looks like the wild and beautiful post appocalytic world of West Virginia. The scenery looks fabulous.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 5 2020, 01:14 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

It's neat to see 76. It looks a lot like Fallout 4, including the autumn leaves. It seems like every Bethesda game is set in October or November.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 5 2020, 02:07 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

I like her bowler. Cute.

Also, what the hell kind of armor is that in “Mariah, Appalachia Edition”?

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 4 2020, 07:14 PM) *

It's neat to see 76. It looks a lot like Fallout 4, including the autumn leaves. It seems like every Bethesda game is set in October or November.

I mean, if I made a game I’d set it in October or November, lol
Or December or January. Blood looks so good on snow.

Speaking of which, I wonder when we will get a game that has actual changing seasons?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 5 2020, 02:29 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 5 2020, 03:46 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 4 2020, 09:07 PM) *

I think it is the skin of her slaughtered foe...

I mean, if I made a game I’d set it in October or November, lol
Or December or January. Blood looks so good on snow.

January refuses to allow anyone to set a game in her...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 6 2020, 01:31 AM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 4 2020, 09:46 PM) *

January refuses to allow anyone to set a game in her...

IPB Image

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 6 2020, 10:40 AM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

West Virginia does look good. cake.gif The lack of other people makes the game definitely sort of spooky.

Gosh, the starting jump suit is sillier than ever. Are robots still hilarious to listen to? Have you grouped up with others yet?

Speaking of which, I wonder when we will get a game that has actual changing seasons?

I achieve this through mods in Oblivion and Skyrim, at least. smile.gif Fallout 3 too, although I haven't seen what winter looks like yet.

I think all Elder Scrolls games start in Last Seed (August). Well, I don't know about Arena or Daggerfall. But the three later games start in Last Seed. And my theory on this is it has something to do with the beginning of the school year.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 6 2020, 10:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 6 2020, 03:31 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 6 2020, 04:40 AM) *

I achieve this through mods in Oblivion and Skyrim, at least. smile.gif Fallout 3 too, although I haven't seen what winter looks like yet.

Eh, yeah I’ve been aware that there are mods that change the world textures to match aspects of individual seasons, but that’s not really the same thing that I was thinking about. I think it would be so neat to be playing a game and have the seasons dynamically change while playing!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 6 2020, 10:45 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 4 2020, 08:04 PM) *

Welcome, Mariah, to what looks like the wild and beautiful post appocalytic world of West Virginia. The scenery looks fabulous.

The scenery is quite fabulous...in some areas. Can't have the entire post-apocalypse that way. tongue.gif It's quite a varied environment. Applachia is broken up into 6 regions, but 3 of them I either haven't seen or barely touched. The starting zone, The Forest, is the beautiful one you see. Most of it at least. But it's really cool to have such variety, from the beautiful to the horribly contaminated and ugly. One zone is called the Ash Heap, which...well, you can probably imagine what that is like to some extent.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 4 2020, 08:14 PM) *

While you can definitely see a lot of Fallout 4 art-style in it, there are also quite a lot of newer assets. Some of the detractors made it sound like just a simple asset flip, which it isn't. I'm not saying that that's what you meant, of course. I just remembered that being a criticism. But yes, some of it definitely does look a lot like Fallout 4.

I like her bowler. Cute.

Wood.

I guess that sounds sort of anti-climactic, lol. But there are some pieces of wooden armor that you find at low levels.

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 6 2020, 05:40 AM) *

West Virginia does look good. cake.gif The lack of other people makes the game definitely sort of spooky.

Gosh, the starting jump suit is sillier than ever. Are robots still hilarious to listen to? Have you grouped up with others yet?

I do have a few screenshots where I encountered other players. And they've all either just minded their own business or have been pretty cool. A couple days ago I did an "Event" where I had to prevent a prison break (it was mostly just feral ghouls, but I did encounter a few Super Mutants as well), and there will 2 other high-level players that appeared to be a team. I did a "wave" emote and one of them did it back. I really like how few people are in each game world, though. It really gives that isolated feel but you can run with another person or more if you really want to.

Vault suits sure have a way of accenting people's...posteriors. Vault-Tec has really patented that Fanastic-Bum Technology ™. And yes, the robots are as goofy as ever. The Protectrons still have the same voice and one named "Mr. Fluffy" was funny to listen to--he was making fun of the dead guy at the camp I found. My favorite so far, though, was the Robobrain I mentioned in the Fallout 76 thread named Biv E. Ridge. I'll see if I can find a video on YouTube of him or something, but he's great. He's a robot that was built to help college students make the alcoholic drink Nuka-Shine which had a...special ingredient that you find out as part of the quest. (That shot where the screen is blue happened after I drank the Nuka-Shine for the quest). He was also a drunk robot, but he didn't sound anything like the Robobrains you are used to hearing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd batch of screenshots coming up! So far, the only real way to hide the UI is to go into Settings and turn down the HUD opacity--which is really dumb since there are some great shots that you can't really do that for since the game doesn't actually pause. Also trying to figure out how to get the photos taken in "photo mode" out as normal screenshots.

There's Other People Here!

Mr. Fluffy

Ooooh...I Really Shouldn't Be Here

Dreaming of Nuka-Cola

Back to School

Mariah Means Business

The Motherlode

No Draining This...Er...Well, Not Exactly a Swamp

A Legend Made Real (My first Cryptid encounter in the game!)

Not Every Mutated Creature is Mean

The New Mistress of Mysteries (There is a questline that you start who you are basically a superhero. Have only done the first quest or two so far, though.)

Fireproof

Into the Fire

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 6 2020, 11:21 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

The Grafton Monster? That is not one I have ever heard of, even after listening to 10 years worth of Monstertalk episodes. I thought it was cool that the incorporated the Mothman in the game.

It is nice that the radstags are friendly. As I recall they would attack if you got too close to them in Fallout 4. I always had to use the console to make them friendly.

Mariah is a superhero! Maybe she will team up with Blood Raven and Stormcrow one day.

That is a neat samurai firefighter outfit.

Neat, is there a coal mine that has been burning since before the War?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 6 2020, 11:47 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

What is that thing in “A Legend made Real”?!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 7 2020, 12:06 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

I did some googling, and it is a cryptid in West Virginia.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 7 2020, 01:46 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 6 2020, 06:06 PM) *

I like how the article says it’s similar to reports of a creature in Michigan, but “seems a bit bigger in every way”. laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 7 2020, 03:33 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 6 2020, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 6 2020, 06:06 PM) *

I like how the article says it’s similar to reports of a creature in Michigan, but “seems a bit bigger in every way”. laugh.gif

And they never seem to say what this creature in Michigan supposedly is. Probably Kid Rock or Ted Nugent drunk in the woods.

Oh, I think it might be the Monroe Monster, which turned out to be a guy in a gorilla suit. Though I think there is a Michigan Dogman as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 7 2020, 09:47 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 6 2020, 09:33 PM) *

Probably Kid Rock or Ted Nugent drunk in the woods.

rollinglaugh.gif

The dog man sounds interesting! I’m going to have to look into that!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 7 2020, 10:32 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

Particularly @Renee since she asked, but for anyone else who wants to know: Here are the lines of dialogue that Mr. Fluffy, the Protectron, may say anytime you are around him. If you wanted to ever hear a biting, sarcastic version of that particular type of robot, this is your lucky day.

And yes, imagine it in the voice and dialogue style of your typical Protectron, which is also how this Protectron talks. Makes the lines 10x funnier. Obviously would be nice to find a video online where people aren't commentating over it, but I did not find one, so this will have to do. Mostly read the second box under "Dialogue_RSVP03_VolunteerBot."

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/RSVP03_Acto...olunteerbot.txt

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Jul 7 2020, 10:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 13 2020, 01:06 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

That does sound neat, how there are so few people in the world. It is consistent with the two Fallout games I've played. 76 wouldn't have the appropriate feel if the gameworld was packed with players. I also like the sound of all these different zones you speak of. There's some variety there.

Gosh, the lighting is gorgeous. Slightly less brilliant than Fallout 4 graphics, perhaps.

Mariah still wears her silly 76 jumpsuit. tongue.gif

Is that a nuclear cooling tower in the background of A Legend Made Real?

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:27 AM