Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arena Adventurings and Daggerfall Dealings, A Characters Update thread
Renee
post Sep 23 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #481

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Sep 22 2019, 04:01 PM) *

I'm sure lots of folk will prefer the menu, but for me it makes it too easy to select only those quests that appeal, rather than getting saddled with tasks I'd rather not do. (Or ask over and over again until something I like pops up. I don't mind that, should I opt to do so.)

Yeah totally. For me it always depends what the character wants to do.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 29 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #482

Mouth
Group Icon

News on the DFU front:

Another DFU update has been released. From the several hours I've played it, I experienced nothing earthshaking, but some nice 'little' things. It supposedly includes lots of bug fixes.

KOW-DREAM, one of the game's most comprehensive graphics overhaul mods, has been updated.

Another mod, Trees of Daggerfall, has been updated and is at last usable. (It brought almost any system, including mine, to a crawl before the update.

As for my DFU avatar, he's constantly performing tasks for the four organizations of which he is a member, and occasionally for civilians. At present, he's deep within a dungeon (where else?) hunting a traitor for Knights of the Dragon.

31 Oct Addendum:
A new version of Post Processing Effects is available. Installed it this morning. The little I played looks promising, despite the game world never being in ideal atmospheric conditions to show it off well my entire session.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Oct 31 2019, 03:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 1 2019, 02:38 PM
Post #483

Mouth
Group Icon

An under-five-minute video showcasing DF Unity and many of its graphics enhancement mods. I use these in my play-through but admit my game doesn't look nearly as good as this. Not yet at any rate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 3 2019, 05:23 AM
Post #484

Councilor
Group Icon

Goodness, they really put a lot of work into this project. Is your game stable with all these enhancements?
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 3 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #485

Ancient
Group Icon

Glad to see you're still playing Daggerfall, Decrepit. A trooper, for sure! salute.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 3 2019, 11:23 AM
Post #486

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 2 2019, 10:23 PM) *

Goodness, they really put a lot of work into this project. Is your game stable with all these enhancements?

Stable as can be. <nods> To be fair, DaggerfallSetup.exe, which I now use as the base install from which Unity draws, is quite stable on its own, even with its bells & whistles enabled. Unity is more glitch free. No light-source sound weirdness, for instance. Nor has my DFU avatar a fallen through the world...so far.

--------------------
+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 23 24 25
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 11:02 PM