213 Pages V « < 204 205 206 207 208 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
ghastley
post Feb 8 2021, 01:06 AM
Post #4101

Councilor
Group Icon

On the EU server front, Tiddli and Nadja just did the Craglorn story quest to get Nirnhoned pieces for Fleur to research. So they'll be done in a month or so. And each of them is trying to get their own trait knowledge up to 8, so they can do the Eyevea and Earth Forge writs. We did a couple more master writs, and are half-way to the next station.

We're getting tempted to just dump all the master writs in the guild bank, so that anyone can do them, and contribute attunable stations if they feel inclined. Fleur will take out only what she can do.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 8 2021, 01:50 AM
Post #4102

Paladin
Group Icon

Slow but steady process for you over on EU.

Buffy's done with actual working in Cyrodiil for the event. She's got one sigil pet and all three frags for a second one. She's just popping into Cyrodiil for a few minutes daily to turn in a pre-done daily until the event ends. I think she'll finish with 8/12 tix.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 11 2021, 02:10 AM
Post #4103

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric and Vicuña finally got together for a CoH run. it wasn't until our second attempt to take down the Illambris twins that we noticed we were doing it on vet level! ohmy.gif

At that point we needed help, and fortunately got it.

And the result is that V needs another run to get a piece of jewelry, as we still only have Ebon body wear. I also need to figure out what to adjust to get her Stamina back above Magicka when she swaps out the stam-enchanted Fortified Brass, I don't want to do it via CP, as she'd like to pick and choose between the two according to group/dungeon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 11 2021, 02:28 AM
Post #4104

Paladin
Group Icon

Yikes! Illambris twins on vet. *shivers* They can be a challenge for a duo even on normal.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 11 2021, 03:03 AM
Post #4105

Councilor
Group Icon

Pre-fight ritual:

Food check
Charge check

Is there a Jerric?-> Are you SURE we're on normal

My goodness, that was one to remember!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 12 2021, 05:51 PM
Post #4106

Councilor
Group Icon

My excuse for not noticing is that Vicuña is playing naked tank, so we were expecting it to be a bit harder than usual.

Just not quite that much. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 27 2021, 03:51 AM
Post #4107

Councilor
Group Icon

Laurie took advantage of the post-event prices to buy her way to True Style Master, and that also got her Grand Master Crafter!

Now Blossom's envious. She only knows 17 motifs (less than her younger sister on EU).

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 27 2021, 12:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 27 2021, 12:11 PM
Post #4108

Paladin
Group Icon

Very nice, ghastley!

Buffy the Magsorc has the 'done 100 master writs' achievement as the primary writster (and gear crafter) but Magplar also got that one so she could buy some of the fancier writ voucher furnishings since she's the furnisher. Then we learned that if the Magsorc had bought those recipes the Magplar could have learned them without the achievement. Update 29 really did a job on Buffy's clothing and jewelry tempers and her transmute gems so we are only now about to transition back from two sets of writs and two pledges a day to one set of writs and one pledge a day which is our 'norm'.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 9 2021, 01:55 PM
Post #4109

Master
Group Icon

I installed ESO again today. I'll most probably return to my longest-lasting character, the blue Argonian Shonta Quassan and finish the MQ with him, then we'll hopefully embark on other adventures. I was a bit disappointed to find out that I needed to reallocate all skill points, because I forgot some stuff about him already in between, after all I played with him for the last time in December 2019. I also noticed that the CP system is new, so I'll also need some time to get a feel of it, but overall it seems easier, at least to me.

I have another character on the NA server, namely Garrick the Bard, who roams between towns and plays his lute, flute or drums. He'll serve as a side character and probably won't do any quests.

Interesting enough, my only character on the EU Server - Tiger - got lost for some reason. indifferent.gif Unless I somehow deleted him by mistake but that's fairly unlikely. It's not really a biggie, because I finished the TG questline with him and since that was my only goal with him, I can more or less say that his story is / was over.

Anyway, good to be back.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 9 2021, 03:06 PM
Post #4110

Paladin
Group Icon

Great to have you back, Lopov! ESO is a dynamic world and if you play regularly, the small, frequent changes are easy to deal with and can even keep things interesting. I feel for you though in trying to catch up with several significant updates! Being patient, using UESPwiki and lurking the official forums can help though.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 9 2021, 05:00 PM
Post #4111

Master
Group Icon

After some fiddling around I don't see it as that bad anymore that I needed to reallocate all my skill points, because it allows me to create a fresh build for my Argonian. And when kids go to sleep today, I'm off to study the new CP system.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 9 2021, 05:11 PM
Post #4112

Paladin
Group Icon

You're right on the skill points. The new cp system seems quite daunting at first but once used to it, feels much simpler. I found this link of help: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TcE...pyDw/edit#gid=0

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 9 2021, 05:20 PM
Post #4113

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, I'll take a look at that later.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 10 2021, 05:50 PM
Post #4114

Councilor
Group Icon

Welcome back! I'm glad that Shonta and Garrick made it. Sorry about Tiger. Maybe he sneaked off and you will find him some day in Elder Scrolls 6!

This is a great time to return. With the all of the changes, the game feels new to a lot of us.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 10 2021, 06:14 PM
Post #4115

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, there's definitely something new, something fresh about it. I needed to remind myself of various quests that Shonta Quassan has already been through, so that we're now better prepared for what lies ahead. Considering that he's in the Rift, it looks like that the end of the main quest and the alliance questline aren't that far away.

I also studied the CP to an extent and invested some points already (I also read some guides how to invest them wisely), and my first feeling compared to "old" Shonta Quassan is that he's now more powerful in combat or maybe it's just because I haven't been with him for so long. Not just because of the CP points but also because I changed some of his skills and he's also going to pursue some skills that were more or less untouched until now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 18 2021, 08:41 PM
Post #4116

Master
Group Icon

At the only time of the day when I have time to play, there's been maintenance for 2 days in a row now. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 11 2021, 01:11 PM
Post #4117

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm getting the impression that ZOS want Mirri to advance everything faster than Bastian.

On the EU server, we're further along because of all the group activity at the guild meet, so things are happening sooner than on NA. We've been doing both FG quests and the Ashlander Ruin quests with Mirri, which gains us 250 Rapport points a day. Batian only has the MG dailies for 125, plus a visit to Eyevea for 10.

Mirri's second personal quest starts right after her first one completes, and you get to start the first at 1500 Rapport. The same rapport level starts Bastian's, but then you don't get the second until you add another 1250 Rapport and become "Close". With his slower progress, that's further away, and harder to reach.

So it looks like Mirri will be alone at the bar in Hunding's Palatial Hall for a while to come.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 11 2021, 01:23 PM
Post #4118

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, ghastley. Good to know.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 11 2021, 01:39 PM
Post #4119

Mouth
Group Icon

That's a handy tip r.e Mirri's rapport - I've been getting a little bit here and there as Ciri works on antiquities, but then we lost some for using the Blade of Woe (on an enemy in a delve) and then lost a little bit more when we (accidentally!) clicked on a torchbug that floated by and plucked it from the air kvleft.gif

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 11 2021, 04:35 PM
Post #4120

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 11 2021, 08:11 AM) *

I'm getting the impression that ZOS want Mirri to advance everything faster than Bastian.

On the EU server, we're further along because of all the group activity at the guild meet, so things are happening sooner than on NA. We've been doing both FG quests and the Ashlander Ruin quests with Mirri, which gains us 250 Rapport points a day. Batian only has the MG dailies for 125, plus a visit to Eyevea for 10.

Mirri's second personal quest starts right after her first one completes, and you get to start the first at 1500 Rapport. The same rapport level starts Bastian's, but then you don't get the second until you add another 1250 Rapport and become "Close". With his slower progress, that's further away, and harder to reach.

So it looks like Mirri will be alone at the bar in Hunding's Palatial Hall for a while to come.

Ooh, thanks for that information!

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 11 2021, 08:39 AM) *

That's a handy tip r.e Mirri's rapport - I've been getting a little bit here and there as Ciri works on antiquities, but then we lost some for using the Blade of Woe (on an enemy in a delve) and then lost a little bit more when we (accidentally!) clicked on a torchbug that floated by and plucked it from the air kvleft.gif

And this info too! We discovered that Bastion loves mudcrabs and gets upset if you kill them at the EU guild meet; so maybe we should keep lists of this stuff under the "Tips and Tricks" thread so we can keep track of what loses rapport or gains it.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 11 2021, 04:39 PM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 204 205 206 207 208 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:48 PM