Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fanfic legends, Meet the heroes, the villains, and more!
jack cloudy
post Jan 20 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Ok, I ran into a little problem.

Here's the situation. I decided to quit the planning for a moment and actually do something. So I made the blackened chitin textures for Al and applied them to the armour mesh (renamed of course). I also learned then that changing the object mesh wasn't enough, you also have to make a new bodypart.

Now here's the deal. If I deck out a random Dunmer in it, it looks fine. If I load it on Al though, he remains in a total state of undress. Nothing, not even his bodyparts getting replaced with a blank (invisible) mesh. He just looks as if he isn't even wearing it. I checked the armour stats and light armour is the highest he has. Is there something special that has to be done with beast races?

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 21 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #22

Knower
Group Icon

I don't know, but I've also ran into this problem. You might inquire on the Morrowind Mods forum on the official TES site or, if you're not registered on it, I can inquire about it. Otherwise, you could just skip work on the armor, since he'll be wearing a robe over it anyway.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jan 21 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Ah, sorry. Forgot a Tad bit about this...Shall I write up some writs?
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 21 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Please do, Sethyas is your character so you should be allowed to decide on some things.

I have another question for you people, this time regarding my own character, Luper Alkad. Those who have read my fanfics about him may have recognized that he uses some high-profile items. Namely, the unique and legendary artefacts known as Lord's Mail and Chrysamere. If I would give him those ingame, it would lead to an awkward situation because they were no longer unique. So, how to remedy that?

My idea is this: Since Luper's armour is covered by cloth, I figured I could hide the Lord's Mail and also remove its enchantment (the player can't invoke the armour's power because of the cloth. cheap explanation but it works.) This would keep the original Lord's Mail as the better choice in the end. Chrysamere is a different story. If I want Chrysamere to be true to the stories, it should have a constant effect reflect of about 70% (Luper is one hell of a tennis player). Much more powerful than the original. So I'm not too sure about the sword, it sounds a bit too uber. Then again, if the player decided to kill the Redguard and succeeded, it would make for one hell of a reward.

Does anyone have a better idea?

Speaking of Uber, I also made Kills-You-Death, Al's daedric dagger. Using standard cost calculations and giving it the requested charge, the user (Al in this case) can strike for a whopping 3000 times before running dry. With each strike absorbing 25 points of health, I think it might be wise to either increase the cost or lower the charge so that you can actually use up the charge before you've slaughtered everyone on the island. What do you think, Canis?

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 21 2007, 05:00 PM
Post #25

Knower
Group Icon

Well, Kills-You-Dead is supposed to be a 'legendary' weapon of a sort... but you could lower the charge.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Zelda_Zealot
post Mar 21 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

Any new info on this? I just discovered it and found it very interesting, please let me know how it is going.

--------------------
The Sun and Moon transform day to night, but what transforms the mind?
The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Jun 13 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #27

Knower
Group Icon

So what is the final list of fanfic characters? This mod sounds interesting. If interesting dialogue is also added, I think it will be a blast to play.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 13 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Gah, don't tell me I forgot about this! ohmy.gif

Ok, I've dug it up from the pile of dust. Wew, at least it survived all the harddisk cleanings I've done lately.

Ahem, character list. Ok, here we go. Name of character followed by writer.

Simion Mandrake (Metal Mallet.)
Sethyas Velas (Black Hand.)
Trey of High Rock (Treydog.)
Serene of Cyrodiil (Minque.)
Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun (Canis. Oh, and the character will probably be called Al in-game, with his full name only in certain dialogue options.)
Luper Alkad (me.)
Taillus (Taillus)

And since I'm feeling up for it, I'm going to add in some of my others as well.
Ro-El Frost (He's a spy, sort of. He should be a good source of information.)
Ra'trith, also known as the embodiment of darkness. (If there's a real bad Dude in Black needed, I'd say he fits the bill.)
Novis (Can't give you his last name. That's a mayor plot point. Anyway, he's a battlemage type, and a fricking coward.)

There's still room for Arthago though. Care to have him around?

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jun 13 2007, 05:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Jun 13 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #29

Knower
Group Icon

I see you understood where I was getting at. tongue.gif

Always the sly judge of character. Yeah, why not?

You could have him around on a mission for Lhotun in Morrowind. Probably assasinating somebody who Lhotun finds dangerous. He'd be a young Redguard skilled with Longswords and medium armour. Based on what I've already written, I think you can find a proper style for his dialogue.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jun 15 2007, 01:28 AM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Haha, I need to get Bloodlust finished so I can finally make some more memorable characters! tongue.gif

So, currently, what plans have ya got for the use of Simion? I can certainly provide some brainstorming if need be.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jun 17 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #31

Knower
Group Icon

I'd actually suggest calling Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun 'Heik-Auri' in-game, as that is his given name.

One other issue with him is that, when I've tried to mod him into my own games, he has a tendency to use his crossbow and only his crossbow in combat. I'd rather he use Kills-You-Dead in close combat situations, since it is more effective than his other weapons when taking the enchantment into account. Might we be able to script our "legends" for more intelligent weapon use somehow? Otherwise it might be best to just take away Heik-Auri's accessory weapons--I'd rather no one be able to beat him cheaply just because of bad AI.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 17 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Griff, medium armour comes in several flavours. Since he's from Hammerfell, I suppose that the Western armour forms are best. So that would mean Chainmail. Or didn't he have some form of ultra-light custom steel? Would modded steel armour do?

Mallet, Simion is going pretty much the same way as in Bloodlust. He starts out as just a retired assassin, but after defending the Pelagiad inn from the DB, he starts going nutcase slowly. Maybe I should add a script similar to Lorkhan's heart. Unless hit with Silverbrand in the final battle, he'll simply regenerate.

Canis, I know what you mean by bad AI. Most archers I've seen tend to run backwards while shooting. They only draw their daggers when backed into a corner. I think the Marksman script is responsible. I'll have to check and maybe search the net to see if there is a better version hanging around.

Now if you excuse me, the caretaker of our church has been in the bussiness for 40 years, so we're going to pull out all the stops and hold a grand ceremony. It will be crowded up on the altar.

Edit: I've made a mod that should make the NPC switch to melee sooner. At double the old distance if everything's correct. Want me to send it to you? I haven't tested it but I doubt there are any bugs. All I did was change 2 numbers in the script. Give Al the marksmantoggle script and tell me what happens.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jun 17 2007, 01:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Jun 17 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #33

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, of course. Modded steel is fine. I can't remember that well since the last update was a few months ago.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jun 17 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #34

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah Jack, if you want to send me that script I will be very happy to test it. Viper-bolts are nasty, but Kills-You-Dead is, well, Kills-You-Dead. It lives up to the name. Can you PM me a link to that mod, or shall I need to PM you my e-mail address?

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 17 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

I don't have anywhere to host it, so please give me your email.

--------------------
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jun 17 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #36

Knower
Group Icon

OK, I sent you a PM.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jun 17 2007, 07:48 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Hehe, sweet idea with the Silverbrand idea. I'm liking it a lot. I now feel that I really need to invest in a PC version of Morrowind so I can eventually enjoy this mod...

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Sep 21 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #38

Mouth
Group Icon

This is a good thread. Jack Cloudy, I don't know if you've gotten your armor modding question answered at TES forum by now; but the answer to why your PC appears to not be wearing the armor is that you have to assign each body part within the Properties slots of the armor peice, after you make the body parts and before you put it on. You should have 2 or 3 major meshes for each armor peice = e.g. gauntlets.nif = the body part; gauntlets_1st.nif = the gloved hand holding the weapon in 1st person view & gauntlet_gnd.nif. = the whole assembled worn armor peice.

I am really green and new to the fanfic writing - but I do have a quest weapon to offer. The gnarly bow DragonMaw that buffs the holder's main attributes and marksman skill and DragonTeeth arrows .. long and long-lasting firespell arrows that are so powerful that one can knock back and send flying an entire squad of 6 -8 soldiers and set them ablaze at the same time. An Imperial Weinie Roast, anyone?

The only catch to owning DragonMaw and the DragonTeeth Quiver, made by the master bowyer Cullen = is that you must somehow wrest or wile it away from the half-human redhaired witch Astryal and her purple pet-dragon Kelzy. Kelzy likes to wrestle for it ... burp!

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
minque
post Dec 22 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #39

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Here she is....Serene

You wanted a pic, right? Her stats are very high...in almost everything

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 24 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #40

Knower
Group Icon

I don't.. really get what this mod is doing... Does it add new NPC's and quests or what?

//Daedroth

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:17 PM