Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So I made a new Morrowind account..., AND I DIDN'T CHEAT! O:
Toroabok
post Jul 12 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #1

Agent

Yeah, that's right.

8]

I made an Argonian "Treasure Hunter," and he is doing mighty fine.

I used to be like... wow. Haha. I used to have the auto-restore health cheat on ( I have it on Xbox ) and I wouldn't so much as walk from Balmora to Ald'Ruhn without it on. xD

But, yeah, I decided to make an Argonian and try as hard as I could to not use cheats...

I...

I have succeeded.

I actually can't believe that I thought it'd be this hard haha.

Anyways... yeah.

:]

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 12 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Oh, a challenge. That sounds nice. Hmm, maybe I should try an Altmer with the Apprentice birthsign once, and a full mage on top of it. Gosh, now my fingers are itching.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jul 12 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #3

Agent

Whoa, man...

That's hardcore.

That's... hm, let's see...

Weakness to Magicka 100%, Weakness to flame, frost, and shock 100%, too, right? My friend is borrowing it and I don't have the booklet completely memorized yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 13 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Yup. Full weakness to all Magicka. Plus no armour or weapons (other than a staff which isn't much for bashing anyway.) Man this sounds more fun every second.

Edit: It is less extreme than I'd hoped.
Weakness to Magicka 100% (Score)
Weakness to Fire 50% (Not bad)
Weakness to Frost and Shock 25% (Damn, no bonus from the Birthsign.)
Starting Magicka 240 (Oh yeah, let's burn stuff!)

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jul 13 2007, 11:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jul 13 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

I played a high elf pure mage (no weapons), but I kept weapons for after I had maxed out my destruction so I could use the Mace of Molag Bal because to recharge my magic, and Mehrune's razor and other weapons attributed to him because my character was called Mehrunes Dagon. He did have heavy armour though, I'm not sure if I started with it or not. This character became super powerful later on as I accumlated every item of power in the game (filled up the muesum then robbed it), got 1600-2400 magicka and maxed out all my magic skill, then some to get my level up to 70 something. I made ingame (not CS) copies of all the spells the various gods use and could cast them with the appropriate preparation.
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jul 13 2007, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Agent

@Jack: Ah, I see. Well, it's still a bit of a challenge... Mages suck pretty bad in the beginning.

@Pisces: Damn, man, nice. Now I want to go do the Mournhold quest. I think it's still a tad too difficult right now, though... I think He-Who-Loots-The-Dead ( My Argonian treasure hunter :B Hey, it's better than LIfts-Her-Tail! ... Okay, maybe not xD ) is only about level 28... I think I'll beat the main Morrowind quest and then move onto Mournhold... Then Solstheim. Yeah, that sounds good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 13 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Heh, well I do cheat...a bit. I'm using a Magicka regeneration mod. If I stand still for half an hour, I can replenish my full store of Magicka. Only I never stand still for half an hour so the effect is minimal. Oh, and did I mention that my character had to sleep 27 hours to replenish a fully spent store of Magicka? I'm like, wow.

And I never felt this much respect for the humble firebite before.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Toroabok
post Jul 13 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #8

Agent

Ah, well, that's barely a cheat.

I very rarely stand still in Morrowind... I'm always moving unless I'm taking in the awesome look of some new armor or some new robe/armor combo - I like to look kick-boat, too... Lol I had a Dreugh Helm and never used it because I wanted to see He-Who-Loots-the-Dead's head.

8]

Damn, man, that's a lot of magicka hahaha.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jul 14 2007, 03:53 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

I would have had more if I used the atronach sign, but I used the apprentice because I wanted to rest and regain magicka rather than relying on potions/shrines/enemies to regain magicka. I didn't use any mods since this was on the xbox. Not having regenerating magicka just meant that I had to sleep between encounters and had to ration out my magicka in situations where I couldn't rest.

27 hours sounds about right. The longest I have every slept was 400&something hours when playing a fighter character with very high health who had his endurance (which determines regeneration rate) right down to about 2.

This post has been edited by Pisces: Jul 14 2007, 03:54 AM
+Quote Post
canis216
post Jul 20 2007, 03:46 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

I've played an altmer mage under the apprentice before. She got absurdly powerful after a while, because she could use spells to augment melee fighting skill (necessary to do battle with Gaenor) and enchantments to boost her intelligence to insane heights. Mages are rough to start, but they can become crazy powerful. No wonder the Telvanni councilors are so eccentric--that much power can't help but be corrupting.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 24 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

My mother has a save that is full of cheats.. even god mode. Think about that next time you're writing to minque. No I'm just kidding. She doesn't use that save.

//Daedroth

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
minque
post Feb 25 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #12

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Daedroth @ Feb 24 2008, 10:01 PM) *

My mother has a save that is full of cheats.. even god mode. Think about that next time you're writing to minque. No I'm just kidding. She doesn't use that save.

//Daedroth

Uhhh! that's right..I certainly DO NOT use that save!!!! ohmy.gif Brrrrr....cheating is really low! blink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:27 PM