23 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind Mischiefs, A Characters Update thread
ghastley
post Jun 23 2018, 02:40 AM
Post #321

Councilor
Group Icon

You don't so much write quests in Morrowind, you write dialog. And the dialog makes things happen, and gets recorded in your journal. It's like Oblivion, in the way the scripts run all the time, rather than Skyrim's more efficient event-triggered method. I haven't done much myself, apart from D&D, which mostly borrowed Grumpy's work. I haven't published that, as I don't consider it finished enough. I have hacked some other code for Short Spears and an unarmed shield, but again just for myself.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 24 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #322

Councilor
Group Icon

Hmm. Interesting. Guess I'll find out how it works eventually.

Igodah Gopei finally made it to Level 2, after doing some initial fighting in Addamasartus. bluewizardsmile.gif She's slowly learning how to kick some Morrowind ass.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 27 2018, 12:22 AM
Post #323

Councilor
Group Icon

10 Heartfire (Day 26) 4 p.m.: Igodah shows up to Seyda Need wearing some rather expensive red robes. Her mission? To attempt a take down of the baddies in Addamasartus. I hope I spelled that right.

The cave is a struggle for her, but she manages to kill all the enemies, fee some slaves, and finally loot the place. And oh, this place has some good loot. Most of it Igodah can't use, so she makes a small fortune selling it all. 668 gold in her magic bag as we speak.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 27 2018, 12:39 AM
Post #324

Ancient
Group Icon

I am sure no one at Bethesda can spell those ridiculous names either.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 28 2018, 03:56 AM
Post #325

Ancient
Group Icon

Lol in Khajiit’s games, Addamasartus rarely lasts a week! laugh.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 26 2018, 06:39 PM) *

I am sure no one at Bethesda can spell those ridiculous names either.

Oh geez, like those dern Daedric shrines wacko.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 28 2018, 03:49 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 21 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #326

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 27 2018, 10:56 PM) *

In the future, Addamasartus will rarely last a week in my world too, but right now I'm still new at this game. Jealous, huh? biggrin.gif

So it is 19 Heartfire (DAy 35) and mid-morning. Igodah leaves Ghostgate, realizing she's nowhere near to where she's supposed to be, which is somewhere south. Some place called Sulipund. Probably it'll take more than a day to get there. Oops.

As she walks outdoor, the threat of cliff racers is always a concern. In fact, she just walked under two of these beasts just now! Why don't they attack her? Because she's invisible. That's one of the advantages to being a mage. bluewizardsmile.gif Eventually she's going to need to learn to attack cliffies, but for now, she merely walks unseen.

This is the exact opposite of my dark elf fighter from last summer. He was very proactive against cliff racers! He would run right up and start bashing them, trying to get his attacks in first, before they could slap him. viking.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 21 2018, 06:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 22 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #327

Master
Group Icon

That's a clever way to avoid cliff racers. No doubt she'll have to fight them at some point but because of how numerous they are, walking past them unseen is probably an even better idea.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 22 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #328

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 21 2018, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 27 2018, 10:56 PM) *

Jealous, huh? biggrin.gif

Totally. Morrowind was like nothing Khajiit had ever seen before, and to some extent, since. Some of this one’s best gaming memories come from playing Morrowind!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 22 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #329

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov: Igodah's biggest roadblock right now is inexperience, on her part and my part. She's given up on doing any more Mages Guild stuff for now, and lately has been staying in the Pelagiad / Vivec / Suran area, where most of the enemies are safer, and easy to deal with. Once her experience gets better, she will continue MG stuff.

Khajiit: I get jealous too!

When I last saw Igodah, she had just turned level 4. I put +2 into Intelligence, +1 Endurance, and +2 Agility. She also successfully took down another dungeon with a funny name. To conquer this dungeon's NPCs, she sometimes had to take breaks between each enemy she faced. Went outside, healed up. bluewizardsmile.gif Back inside, hopefully to take down two this time, before magicka runs out.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 22 2018, 11:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 24 2018, 12:02 AM
Post #330

Councilor
Group Icon

5 Frost Fall (Day 52) 8 a.m.: Igodah is in the midst of taking down Sandas Ancestral Tomb. At first, we had difficulties dealing with the bonewalkers in there. But really, they're not that difficult overall. Igodah has a turn undead spell which causes them to automatically run away (there is no fail, as long as she manages to touch them). Once they are fleeing, she can hurl fireballs at them from a distance.

As she battles these beings, she ascends to Level 5. I put +2 into Intelligence, +2 into Willpower, and +2 into Speed.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 11 2022, 12:04 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 24 2018, 12:27 AM
Post #331

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 23 2018, 06:02 PM) *

5 Frost FAll (DAy 52) 8 a.m.: Igodah is in the midst of taking down Sandas Ancestral Tomb. At first, we had difficulties dealing with the bonewalkers in there. But reallly, they're not that difficult overall. Igodah has a turn undead spell which causes them to automatically run away (there is no fail, as long as she manages to touch them). Once they are fleeing, she can hurl fireballs at them from a distance.

As she battles these beings, she ascends to Level 5. I put +2 into Intelligence, +2 into Willpower, and +2 into Speed.

Heh, bonewalkers are the best! Especially Greater Bonewalkers!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 24 2018, 12:28 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 24 2018, 01:29 AM
Post #332

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 23 2018, 07:27 PM) *

Do they respawn? I think they do. They don't just get pwned like named NPCs do. Because every time my elf kills the ones in that first room, she needs to rest to recharge her magicka. She does so outside of the tomb. Goes back in. Now they're all on their feet again.

Hmm. Maybe she can try resting IN the tomb. Maybe this will prevent them from coming back.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 24 2018, 01:43 AM
Post #333

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 23 2018, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 23 2018, 07:27 PM) *

Do they respawn? I think they do. They don't just get pwned like named NPCs do. Because every time my elf kills the ones in that first room, she needs to rest to recharge her magicka. She does so outside of the tomb. Goes back in. Now they're all on their feet again.

Hmm. Maybe she can try resting IN the tomb. Maybe this will prevent them from coming back.

Yeah Khajiit believes only NPCs don’t respawn. And yes, rest inside the tomb if you can. You shouldn’t have to worry about anything wandering up on you. This was one mechanic Khajiit never really liked; having to spam sleep/rest to heal up until you get enough health potions.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 24 2018, 01:56 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 24 2018, 01:56 PM
Post #334

Master
Group Icon

Igodah the tomb raider!

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 25 2018, 11:46 PM
Post #335

Councilor
Group Icon

10 Frost FAll Day 57 11 a.m.: I cheated a little bit and RP'd that Igodah did some research while in Suran, on various types of creatures in Vvradenfell. Turns out, nix hounds and rats have the same amount of health (23). And common cliff racers pack just 45. So that doesn't seem so bad.

With this information, Igodah tried taking down a cliff racer with her fire touch spell, which does 15 to 30 points of fire-damage. So basically, that's a lot of damage each time .... all she has to do is aim. Final result? She's up to four dead cliffies, folks. Still don't know how to approach bonewalkers, but cliff racers don't seem so bad, as long as she's dealing with just one of them.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 25 2018, 11:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 26 2018, 04:06 AM
Post #336

Councilor
Group Icon

The one good thing you can say about cliff racers is that they politely queue up to attack you, instead of swarming round and all doing it at once. You'll do fine if you don't run out of steam.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 26 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #337

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 26 2018, 12:46 AM) *

Still don't know how to approach bonewalkers

With a bow whilst levitating smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 26 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #338

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 26 2018, 06:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 26 2018, 12:46 AM) *

Still don't know how to approach bonewalkers

With a bow whilst levitating smile.gif

The problem with that idea is that you usually encounter them in interiors where you have space for neither. The nasty ones, the greater bonewalkers, often get summoned right next to you, and you don't have any range advantage.

You do want to carry the restore potions (or equivalent spells, and restore magicka) for the attributes they damage, as that's always their first attack. Especially if you're close to encumbrance limit, as the strength loss can root you to the spot. If summoned, kill the summoner. If not, just kill any way you can! They don't hit all that hard, but the damage spell is very annoying.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 26 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #339

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Oh, yeah. I just encounter them around Solstheim when they are summoned by those women, so I'm used to being able to move around. Obviously it doesn't work well in caves.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 26 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #340

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit doesn’t believe he’s ever encountered Greater Bonewalkers on Solstheim. Weird.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:20 PM