Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO "Add-Ons", How Modded Is Your ESO Game?
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 09:27 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

As per Grits's suggestion; a thread to list our ESO "Add-Ons!

On my game:

First and foremost is my favorite: "Idle Animations" - it takes every idle animation available in game and plays them randomly when your character is idling. It is fully customizable so you can shut down ones you don't like.

(example: the other day Calia suddenly just threw up while meeting Buffy for the first time! Nerves? Maybe, but her ability to puke has been shut off now, laugh.gif )

If left standing idle too long they will yawn, stretch, tap their feet, cross their arms, face palm, etc. Misa signals passing players and points up to the ceiling looking up as if there is something up there, lol. If you take too much time she will droop her arms out like a sulking teenager whose parent is making them wait too long, it is hilarious! And it is totally random, you never know what they are going to do next!

The other day on completing a quest she cheered and leaned her head back and laughed - really AWESOME Add-On!!!

2. Skyshards = speaks for itself. It puts an Icon on your map to make the finding of Skyshards easier. When one is found, it disappears from the map so you have an active data of how many skyshards left in each region (and where they are) to plan out your skill point spending.

3. Lorebooks = Same thing as Skyshards; but it is the Mages Guild Lorebooks. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to find thousands of tiny books in a huge realm! Once each book is found, all indicators to other world copies of that book disappear from your map so as not to keep it cluttered up.

4. Destinations - Helps me keep track of where available achievements; active quest stages; etc - on your map and compass. Once again, they disappear when you find each, and this is also fully customizable so you can check to see where stuff is at any time and then shut them back off to keep your map clean; or just put up certain ones.

Example: It shows the set places on the map that M'aiq spawns for your "I like M'aiq" Achievement; or where to find the Undaunted in a Province just in case you want to buy them a drink, etc. Or you can shut those off and just keep your active quest markers up.

5. Lost Treasures = Shows me a big giant red X on my map if I find a treasure map = where I'll find that treasure. It also puts one up for finding your Survey sites if you do Writs (I do Writs). Without this, every time you raise your crafting materials level you have to search a new Province for where their Surveys are. (which is why I never raised my girl's level in mats till she was at the top of the field and didn't have to do Writs anymore. If they had this add-on when she first started I may have done things differently.

6. LUI Memory Manager = manages the memory usage for Add-Ons so they don't interfere with your gameplay if they are hoggish memory users like this next add-on is:

7 & 8: Master Merchant & The Awesome Guild Store = I keep ahead of Misa's shopping expeditions by selling at the Guild Stores. Master Merchant & TAGS automatically keeps me informed of current market prices for items to sell; keeps a record of my sales and net profits; and helps me manage the store shelves at the Guild Stores I deal with.

Master Merchant has to be a memory hog to keep up with billions of sales; all your mercantile history; all your store inventories (I have five stores I sell at); etc. It is, and so it needs the LUI help above. (I'm pretty sure the Idle Animations uses a good amount as well because it has to check if your character is idle; so = scripts running in background)

I use a mod manager called "Minion" that is Awesome = quick, easy to use, keeps all the add-ons up to date automatically; but I have that feature shut off and once per week I check for updates manually. It takes less than minutes even if some need updated; and this way it is not running in the background of anything else I am doing.

What mods I wish they had:

1. More options to customize the Khajiit like the Ohmes-Raht; Cathay-Raht; etc.
2. Sitting on benches out in the world; an animation to get into a bed and sleep instead of the positioning we have to use now.
3. Player house (I know, this is coming next year)
4. More leisure wear for our characters or the ability to craft it at the clothiers.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my gosh, you nearly killed me with Calia barfing when she and Buffy first met! That is a mishap worthy of Jerric. LOL!!

These look awesome and so convenient! Just the map add-ons for books and Skyshards alone make me drool. Thank you for this thread, mALX!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 6 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

I'm interested in quite a few of them, though the others I don't quite understand yet.

But how does one get add-ons?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 04:32 PM) *

Oh my gosh, you nearly killed me with Calia barfing when she and Buffy first met! That is a mishap worthy of Jerric. LOL!!

These look awesome and so convenient! Just the map add-ons for books and Skyshards alone make me drool. Thank you for this thread, mALX!

I nearly died of embarrassment! They were face to face, and standing fairly close together kind of looking each other over, when suddenly Calia gripped her stomach and leaned over. I saw stuff splashing around and Buffy looking aghast - nearly died of embarrassment!!! I immediately went into her settings and removed that feature!!!! She has not been sick once since, thank goodness.

I think it is the animation from the "Mystery Meat" collectible.

** EDIT = And Misa IS a Nord, so ... She is like Jerric in thinking it is hilarious to stagger into a crowd of people waiting in line at the bank and puke on them, rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 6 2016, 04:42 PM) *

I'm interested in quite a few of them, though the others I don't quite understand yet.

But how does one get add-ons?

I downloaded Minion first, set it up. When it is up and ready, it has a button you can click that says "Find New Add-Ons"

It will open up all the available add-ons. At the top left is a drop down you can click on that will filter them by category; and on the upper right is a "Search" function for if you know the name of the mod just type it in.

The Minion will download the mods, put them in the right folders, install them into your game.

The next time you are in game, you can go to "Escape," "Settings," "Add-On Settilngs" = customize them to your own gaming needs.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 6 2016, 10:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Poor Calia, I’m sure Buffy handled it with her kindness and grace! I would be trying to get the barf to happen more often, lol. Jerric has made frequent use of the Mystery Meat, and he never fails to pick it up when someone leaves a piece lying around Davon’s Watch as a prank. He has the cheer emote on his quickwheel, so it’s barf and then cheer while everyone is laughing.

haute, there is an ESO section on the Nexus, plus I know there are more sources but I don’t have a clue which ones are good/bad/most convenient. Also if a mod manager is recommended or if you simply drop files into the Add Ons folder. I’m following this thread in case Mr. Grits wins the lottery and shares the wealth, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 05:03 PM) *

Poor Calia, I’m sure Buffy handled it with her kindness and grace! I would be trying to get the barf to happen more often, lol. Jerric has made frequent use of the Mystery Meat, and he never fails to pick it up when someone leaves a piece lying around Davon’s Watch as a prank. He has the cheer emote on his quickwheel, so it’s barf and then cheer while everyone is laughing.

haute, there is an ESO section on the Nexus, plus I know there are more sources but I don’t have a clue which ones are good/bad/most convenient. Also if a mod manager is recommended or if you simply drop files into the Add Ons folder. I’m following this thread in case Mr. Grits wins the lottery and shares the wealth, lol.

They have another one besides the "Mystery Meat" that gives you an achievement for being courageous enough to eat something you found in a Daedric dungeon (Aussie and I both were curious about the food and tried it = got the achievement, lol.) I think it was called "Pie of Death" or something. The room goes dark, you see the ground coming up to meet you. When the darkness lifts you are laying on the ground, get up and shake yourself off!!! BWAAHAA!!!

Yes, Misa has used the Mystery Meat a bit; but ... not in front of Buffy like Calia did!!! (who they were hoping would like Tamriel enough to keep staying !!! ) laugh.gif (Buffy won't be able to see Misa till they patch in the "One Tamriel" )

l

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 6 2016, 10:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 6 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

ROFL! Jerric has eaten stale bread and spoiled food, but has never found the Pie of Death!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 05:18 PM) *

ROFL! Jerric has eaten stale bread and spoiled food, but has never found the Pie of Death!

I'm pretty sure it was in the "City of Ash" in Greenshade = in the room with the huge Daedra we couldn't beat, even with Arthmoor and a tank friend of his.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 7 2016, 03:40 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, mALX! I downloaded Minion and installed the personality idles late last night. Mazul got to run through a few of them before I logged off for the night (or morning, rather - 1 AM!!).

The maps I downloaded and installed this morning. I'm going online to try them out.

Mazul just finished up in Betnikh. She loved being back among Orcs again, but it made her feel lonely as well. I learned, playing the Daughter of Seamount quest, that she is exiled from her Stronghold, much like Lash in Skyrim. This quest resonated for Mazul in a way it didn't for Julian.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 7 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 7 2016, 10:40 AM) *

Thanks, mALX! I downloaded Minion and installed the personality idles late last night. Mazul got to run through a few of them before I logged off for the night (or morning, rather - 1 AM!!).

The maps I downloaded and installed this morning. I'm going online to try them out.

Mazul just finished up in Betnikh. She loved being back among Orcs again, but it made her feel lonely as well. I learned, playing the Daughter of Seamount quest, that she is exiled from her Stronghold, much like Lash in Skyrim. This quest resonated for Mazul in a way it didn't for Julian.

Well? How did you like the maps and personality idles?

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 8 2016, 11:44 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

I do like the add-ons I have so far.

The Idle Animations one is probably the one I enjoy the most. I've got Mazul using the Tough set, because it fits her demeanor very well. I made a couple of tweaks to it, though. I took time earlier today to run through the set and watch her play them out. I think my favorite one is the one I call Armor Adjustment, where she kind of shrugs, then crosses her arms high and swings them out, then cracks her neck in both directions.

She's also had a go at flipping coins, while a wild routing party was going on behind her with leaping combatants, flying chickens (which became stuck up in the sky), and magic flying everywhere. It almost looks like she's trying to decide if she wants to dive in and start bashing heads!

And with the crafting perks she's picked up, the maple logs look cool, almost like they're on fire. But the iron ores - well, let's just say that Mazul thinks she needs a bigger poop bag when she takes Murphy out on these expeditions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 9 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #12

Paladin
Group Icon

Great shots and am glad you're enjoying the animation mod. Not to tie us too closely to poop, but I do note that both maLX and I logged off in your chat window - perhaps due to the smell. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 9 2016, 02:23 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 8 2016, 06:44 PM) *

I do like the add-ons I have so far.

The Idle Animations one is probably the one I enjoy the most. I've got Mazul using the Tough set, because it fits her demeanor very well. I made a couple of tweaks to it, though. I took time earlier today to run through the set and watch her play them out. I think my favorite one is the one I call Armor Adjustment, where she kind of shrugs, then crosses her arms high and swings them out, then cracks her neck in both directions.

She's also had a go at flipping coins, while a wild routing party was going on behind her with leaping combatants, flying chickens (which became stuck up in the sky), and magic flying everywhere. It almost looks like she's trying to decide if she wants to dive in and start bashing heads!

And with the crafting perks she's picked up, the maple logs look cool, almost like they're on fire. But the iron ores - well, let's just say that Mazul thinks she needs a bigger poop bag when she takes Murphy out on these expeditions.

BWAAHAA! It does resemble a steaming pile! Hey, how did you get an Ulfe dog?

I do love that animation mod!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 9 2016, 02:47 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

These are great, haute! Ha, that Daggerfall fountain is party central. I love the neck cracking animation. Mazul is ready for business!

ADDED: Ooo, I love the screenie in your sig! Yay Julian! happy.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Sep 9 2016, 02:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2016, 03:01 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

I got a new Add-On a couple days ago: The Recipe Master List. What a great addition! It has every recipe available in game; and when you mouse over the recipes in the list it shows you the ingredients needed to make that item and also shows which of your characters knows that recipe if you have multiple characters.

When you pick up recipes in a dungeon, same thing: Mouse over them either in the container or in your inventory = find out if any of your characters needs it or not in one quick glance! Awesome help! Saves me from getting loaded down with recipes I don't need (or if I pick them up anyway to sell and become overloaded at any point = I know what is expendable to destroy.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 26 2016, 03:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Nov 29 2016, 05:45 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Ooh, that sounds like the perfect Add-On for Julian!

And now they can all pick up recipes for each other!

Wonder if there are similar addons for the other crafting lines?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 30 2016, 04:42 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Nov 29 2016, 11:45 AM) *
Ooh, that sounds like the perfect Add-On for Julian!

And now they can all pick up recipes for each other!

Wonder if there are similar addons for the other crafting lines?

Yes, and it keeps me from spending gold buying a recipe that I can't remember if my characters have or not because it is on sale for a good price - then getting it and realizing they all know that recipe already and I just wasted gold and inventory space, lol.

It also tracks what writs you have and what you need for them. It puts a very visible blue check next to the name of items in your inventory that you need for writs. If one of your other characters needs it, the check mark is gray - just a reminder you need it so you don't destroy it or sell it.

And yes, there are great ones that do it all in one add-on like "Craft Store;" that tracks every one of the crafting skills through all your characters. I have been considering switching over to Craft Store, but hate to change when what I have is working for me.

I already was using one called "Trait Buddy" that tracks all your different character's trait researching in a grid = also using colored check marks to show which are already known, being researched currently, unknown by this character but known by one or more of your other characters (and you can mouse over it to see which), and which are totally unknown by any of your characters.

Trait Buddy has a feature that allows you to fully view any of your character's full research data for each skill set (Clothier, Blacksmithing, Woodworking) - all while on ONE character. There is a drop down list of all your characters, and you can just switch between them and view each one.

That really helps a lot when one character needs something to research - can easily look up what they need and see which of your characters can make it for them, which can't.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 30 2016, 04:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 4 2016, 07:57 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

I am trying CraftStore Fixed and Improved alongside Trait Buddy and so far I really love this combo. It makes managing the crafting items useful but also tells me when my offline characters have finished researching or have completed riding lessons. Really cool info!

As I add more characters and start divvying up traits and tasks between them, I can see these add-ons really beginning to shine.

Thanks, mALX for the info! It is much appreciated by all of us - me, Julian, Mazul and now Alise!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 5 2016, 04:13 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 4 2016, 01:57 PM) *

I am trying CraftStore Fixed and Improved alongside Trait Buddy and so far I really love this combo. It makes managing the crafting items useful but also tells me when my offline characters have finished researching or have completed riding lessons. Really cool info!

As I add more characters and start divvying up traits and tasks between them, I can see these add-ons really beginning to shine.

Thanks, mALX for the info! It is much appreciated by all of us - me, Julian, Mazul and now Alise!

Do they work well together? I started to install Craft Store, but hated to remove Trait Buddy when it was doing so well.

On the other hand, I have found some issues with the recipe list; and considered using Craft Store instead; but if Craft Store handles the equipment crafting as well as Trait Buddy plus does the recipes (then why use both when one will do).

Anyway, I am kind of anxious to hear your thoughts on the Craft store; its features, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 5 2016, 07:50 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

I really like running both at this time - no problems so far

Trait Buddy seems to be complementary to CraftStore so far.

I haven't tried Recipe Master yet because the description to Craftstore said not to.

So far I haven't needed it for much beyond the basics but already I enjoy being able to see what all my characters are doing and being notified when my toons finish their research.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:40 AM