Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO "Add-Ons", How Modded Is Your ESO Game?
mALX
post Dec 6 2016, 12:44 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

I may test it out. I don't want too many add-ons, but before I get rid of the Recipe List one, want to be sure there is a better option.

I was hoping Craft Store would do it all so I wouldn't need Trait Buddy. (which I don't really want to be rid of because it works perfectly).

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 6 2016, 05:34 AM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Let me think on this a moment . . .

CraftStore lets you see who learned what trait when you mouse over style materials, style books, trait stones, armor and weapons, etc. It also tells you if a recipe is known to the current toon, but so far I haven't seen anything that tells me whether or not other toons know it as well. What I really like about it is that it tells me how many of which items each toon has, and how many is in the bank. Really helps with managing inventory - if it's already in the bank, I'm gonna throw it in there. I've also avoided buying expensive style material for Alise because I was able to see Mazul already has it.

Trait Buddy gives me an excellent overview of what each character knows, so I'll keep that one for now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 6 2016, 07:23 AM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 5 2016, 11:34 PM) *

Let me think on this a moment . . .

CraftStore lets you see who learned what trait when you mouse over style materials, style books, trait stones, armor and weapons, etc. It also tells you if a recipe is known to the current toon, but so far I haven't seen anything that tells me whether or not other toons know it as well. What I really like about it is that it tells me how many of which items each toon has, and how many is in the bank. Really helps with managing inventory - if it's already in the bank, I'm gonna throw it in there. I've also avoided buying expensive style material for Alise because I was able to see Mazul already has it.

Trait Buddy gives me an excellent overview of what each character knows, so I'll keep that one for now.

I love Trait Buddy. It is the only reason I didn't get Craft Store when I started doing Provisioning.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ivanfaje
post Oct 21 2017, 12:42 AM
Post #24

Unregistered

Hi, stupid question mabye but how do I register on ESO forum? Says I need invitation key????
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 21 2017, 01:08 AM
Post #25

Paladin
Group Icon

They say they send you an e-mail with invite (code) to join the official ESO forum. I never saw or noticed mine so I opened an in game ticket and asked for one and they sent me one. Just looked up the question over there and here is what they say about it: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ans...kw/join%20forum

Hope that helps. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 28 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

I've been using Craft Store for a while, and mostly it's very helpful, but where they replaced the crafting UI with their own (Provisoning, Enchanting) the option to preview furnishings went away, if you don't have yet another add-on. The latter seems to let you preview when you're not at the crafting station, which is nice, but not compelling. Anyone know how to turn parts on and off, or do I have to learn Lua, and rewrite it myself?

The main reason I got it was the Trait display, but being able to check the lists of furnishings known and unknown is also something I don't want to lose now I have it. So Trait Buddy's not enough.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 28 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #27

Mouth
Group Icon

IIRC there's a menu option to disable the crafting UI. The gear at the top right corner lets you disable the "Use CraftStore Cook/Rune" options. I don't know anything about the furnishing stuff, though.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Mar 28 2018, 08:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 30 2018, 05:05 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 28 2018, 03:15 PM) *

IIRC there's a menu option to disable the crafting UI. The gear at the top right corner lets you disable the "Use CraftStore Cook/Rune" options. I don't know anything about the furnishing stuff, though.

That was all I needed. Now I can toggle the UI off when I want to use the standard preview system, and all is well. I appreciate the convenience of the CS writ button for pulling up the ones you need to make, but it seems you never get a benefit without a downside.

Talking of which, I previewed the new Jester's Pavilion and decided I really need a bigger house if I'm ever going to use it. Perhaps if we finally save enough for Mathiisen Manor, it will house the crafting stations. but we don't have half the gold for that yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 31 2018, 02:57 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

I just installed the "Port To Friend's House" add-on, and I'm still figuring out the best way to set it up and use it. Any tips?

It looks like I'll need to spend some time setting up favorites, or I'll have to keep scrolling through lists of all the potential homes in the entire game. It didn't seem to have any short list of what was actually available to visit for a player.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 31 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

For the PTF, I think you need to share a visit card with a friend. That card will show you the available homes that friend owns, as I understand it. Personally, I've never used it.

What I have used is the Favorites, and I use that for those places where the owner is not a fellow guildie or a friend, so I don't have to remember their names in order to show it to friends of mine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 31 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh Haute, tell Cardinal THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

(Capital letters to emphasize how excited I am over the changes he made! AWESOME !!!!! )

I absolutely LOVE how he fixed it, and now I'm sitting and thinking up names for all my houses!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 23 2019, 09:13 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Shameless plug here

I’ve been using three AddOns by Cardinal05 quite a bit lately. I’ve been able to drop a few AddOns thanks to these three, including and especially PTF. I use Essential Housing Tools (EHT), which enable me to precisely place objects (much of the redecorating in Pariah’s is due to this), set up FX (which requires you to also have EHT installed to see), and animations. There is also Magic Carpet, which allows you to use certain furnishings to move around your home at different heights, and access areas you can’t reach otherwise (such as the top of the southern waterfall at Pariah’s, where I parked the Big Guy). My favorite of this feature is the crafting station - it builds an entire crafting station out of certain furnishings you keep in your inventory and you can float it around and drop it in your current WIP. The third one is DecoTrack, which is exactly what it says - it tracks all your furnishings in all your houses, storage, bank, and toon inventory. So if you can’t recall where you parked that Hew’s Bane bed, you use DecoTrack and it will tell you where it is.

I am continuing to use CraftStore, Trait Buddy, and Potion Maker for my daily writs. Dolgubon’s Lazy Writ Crafter is really effective at moving through five of the seven crafts very quickly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 24 2019, 01:48 AM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 23 2019, 03:13 PM) *

Shameless plug here

I’ve been using three AddOns by Cardinal05 quite a bit lately. I’ve been able to drop a few AddOns thanks to these three, including and especially PTF. I use Essential Housing Tools (EHT), which enable me to precisely place objects (much of the redecorating in Pariah’s is due to this), set up FX (which requires you to also have EHT installed to see), and animations. There is also Magic Carpet, which allows you to use certain furnishings to move around your home at different heights, and access areas you can’t reach otherwise (such as the top of the southern waterfall at Pariah’s, where I parked the Big Guy). My favorite of this feature is the crafting station - it builds an entire crafting station out of certain furnishings you keep in your inventory and you can float it around and drop it in your current WIP. The third one is DecoTrack, which is exactly what it says - it tracks all your furnishings in all your houses, storage, bank, and toon inventory. So if you can’t recall where you parked that Hew’s Bane bed, you use DecoTrack and it will tell you where it is.

I am continuing to use CraftStore, Trait Buddy, and Potion Maker for my daily writs. Dolgubon’s Lazy Writ Crafter is really effective at moving through five of the seven crafts very quickly.

Animations in EHT? Details please!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 25 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

With EHT you can have crafting stations move from storage to a convenient location just inside your front door (one of my guildies did that, and she loves the steps it saves her) and then back again; or you can have hidden doors/bookcases that open when you click on a candlestick (that always makes me think of Abbott and Costello). You can have lights come on when someone walks into a room, and turn off when they leave. Sky's the limit . . .

Cardinal has several threads on the ZOS forums regarding his add-on;

This is one of the most important - back up your homes.
And here is a thread with some examples of animations you can do.

He's on the forums as R_K and is one of the nicest, most helpful folks I've ever met. He helped me tremendously with my Kragenhome project.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 25 2019, 10:20 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 25 2019, 11:10 AM) *

With EHT you can have crafting stations move from storage to a convenient location just inside your front door (one of my guildies did that, and she loves the steps it saves her) and then back again; or you can have hidden doors/bookcases that open when you click on a candlestick (that always makes me think of Abbott and Costello). You can have lights come on when someone walks into a room, and turn off when they leave. Sky's the limit . . .

Cardinal has several threads on the ZOS forums regarding his add-on;

This is one of the most important - back up your homes.
And here is a thread with some examples of animations you can do.

He's on the forums as R_K and is one of the nicest, most helpful folks I've ever met. He helped me tremendously with my Kragenhome project.

Oh, that is Awesome!!! Thank you so much for these Links !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 6 2019, 06:18 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm looking at add-ons to swap equipment and bar slots, so that Unna can carry a tank bar/gear as well as her usual stuff. I saw in another thread that mALX uses "Dressing Room" for Misa, does anyone else have an alternative recommendation? I found a few that do one or the other (gear-only, or bar-only) but nobody was comparing against all-in-one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 7 2019, 04:36 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 6 2019, 01:18 PM) *

I'm looking at add-ons to swap equipment and bar slots, so that Unna can carry a tank bar/gear as well as her usual stuff. I saw in another thread that mALX uses "Dressing Room" for Misa, does anyone else have an alternative recommendation? I found a few that do one or the other (gear-only, or bar-only) but nobody was comparing against all-in-one.

I used to use Dressing Room on Britta, but took it down. It has issues where you can't change weapon bars in combat while it is active. I still have it installed so I can view my different setups for Britta; (Tanking/DPS/and PvP) but don't have it active on any of my characters at all anymore.

** I wasn't the only one with the bar swapping issues with it, so it is def an issue with that add-on. As soon as I disabled it, never had the problem again.

(so in other words, I don't recommend Dressing Room anymore).

This post has been edited by mALX: May 7 2019, 04:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 7 2019, 01:40 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

Does that mean it's still viable for "home" use - i.e. enable/swap/disable again before leaving home? If she gets a set of heavy, and a set of medium, as well as the weapon and skill swaps, it looks like a reloadUI delay would still leave it quicker that way.

If it works out for Unna, the tanks would be considering the opposite swap for their solo stuff, to bring in some damage at the expense of group buffs etc.

If not, we'll look at the bar-only ones first, although I'd suspect the same problems with those.

This post has been edited by ghastley: May 7 2019, 01:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 7 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 7 2019, 08:40 AM) *

Does that mean it's still viable for "home" use - i.e. enable/swap/disable again before leaving home? If she gets a set of heavy, and a set of medium, as well as the weapon and skill swaps, it looks like a reloadUI delay would still leave it quicker that way.

If it works out for Unna, the tanks would be considering the opposite swap for their solo stuff, to bring in some damage at the expense of group buffs etc.

If not, we'll look at the bar-only ones first, although I'd suspect the same problems with those.

Yes, that is why I kept it in my load order. I turn it on when needed, (then /reloadui ) change to the setup I want to use; turn it back off ( /reloadui again ).

It works really well for what it does; just for some reason causes random (weapon bars frozen from swapping in the middle of combat). It happened enough that it wasn't worth it to me to keep the addon active; but it was also convenient enough that I couldn't bear disposing of it either.

It keeps your skill bar setup for both bars plus all armor and weapons on each; and you can have at least 8 different builds on it so you can have several completely different skill bar setups/armor/weapons = and switch between them in seconds; as long as you carry all the different items needed for each setup. (if you take any of the stuff out of your inventory and try to activate any setups that use the removed armor/weapons/jewelry = it will mess up the setup; you will have to redo the setup again).

And yeah, my Tank Britta has one bar that is nothing but Tanking gear and skills; another with PvP armor sets and skills; and then she has several with DPS gear and different weapons and skills = Bow, Greatsword, Duel Wield, Destruction Staff, etc.

I also had two setups with just skills I was trying to raise up = I'd swap to those bars just before turning in a quest to build those skills up. (that was before the issue with the bar swapping was found to be connected with Dressing Room).

Other than the frozen bars issue, it was the most useful addon I ever had.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 7 2019, 02:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 15 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

I checked out Combat Metrics for our foray into (normal) Crypt of Hearts, and the results were interesting.

Unna did over half the group damage on her run, but still wasn't happy with only around 20k. Weaving is erratic, as is remembering to bar-swap and keep up the AoE/DoT's.

However, Laurie ran as tank for hers, and the whole group only managed that much! I need to practice bar-swapping so she can get to her chain and ranged taunt better. I was losing aggro on the primary target trying to pull in others, although that might have been one of the others pulling against me. She needs to keep the debuffs up better, too.

I'll have to spend some time at Mournoth playing with the 6M dummy, to compare the simple numbers from that against the CMX breakdown.

I may well be back asking for help interpreting the flood of numbers it gives. I'm still confused by the various tabs, and where to find everything.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:20 AM