Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

121 Pages V « < 77 78 79 80 81 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Feb 25 2021, 10:13 AM
Post #1561

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 22 2021, 10:15 AM) *

Like you said over in the new Beth forums, Jandaga is all over the place with his quests / locations-to-be. Do you need to take notes, macole? biggrin.gif I find that I do for all my multiple characters in different games.

Renee, I must admit that along with notes I do at times make judicious use of TES4edit to help look ahead.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 27 2021, 08:33 AM
Post #1562

Mouth
Group Icon

20210227 Maids-SMCMQ02
Oh, catch that buzz
Love is the drug I'm thinking of
Oh, can't you see
Love is the drug, got hook in me

Back in the main hall we confront Serenity and agree to her terms. With little information about what the two sides are fighting over I had to make my decision based on instinct. We justified the decision on the basis of freeing the sex slaves and in ending the hist-sap drug operation. Serenity’s forces being comprised of beautiful females had nothing to do with it.

To help with the battle Serenity assigned the four legionnaires from the Barracks Lobby to join us. We left immediately.

The forces of the Blackwood Company were swiftly overwhelmed and much loot was taken. The only hiccup was Argis-Slee, the Project Purity alchemist escaped.

Thought I’d go into Desann’s Palace and warn Sha’lra to clear out before Serenity’s legionnaires show up. At times Legionnaires tend to be a little too forceful and narrow minded in doing their duty. We found the door to the Palace to be locked and impassable. Another point of concern.

There was nothing we could do but return to Serenity’s Stronghold.

Serenity was waiting for us in the Barracks Hall. With the defeat of the Blackwood Company the Ladies and I were thinking we’d have time for a little R&R. You know celebrate, drink a little wine, do a little dance, take a little tour of the place kind of thing… but no. Didn’t happen.

Happy with the defeat of the Blackwood Company Serenity says she’ll send her forces in to clean-up Desann’s Palace and free the slave girls. A bit upset about Argis-Slee getting away Serenity said the important thing was that she now knows where the sick Hist tree was being held. Without waiting for an objection she transported us all to Fort Pazarath Grotto.

The half dozen or so Project Purity alchemist we caught gathered around the Hist put up a desperate fight but in the end we prevailed. The head alchemist Argis-Slee was the last to go down.

The Hist with all the sap draining pipes drilled into it looked to be in terrible condition. It’s hard to explain but faint feeling of a thread brushing against your arm was touching my mind.

“My Feache, do you feel it?” asked Kaleah. “In its desperation, the Hist is trying to talk to us as it would an Argonian. It hurts.”

Perhaps if we can disconnect the sap pumps we can take it to a secluded spot in the Black Marsh swamp were it can heal and recover.

As I was thinking on that Serenity made a grand speech about sacrificing herself to destroy the Hist. Before we could stop her she raises her hand and the only thing left of her was a pile of bones and her void sword. The Hist burst into flames.

“By the good graces of Nir, she’s burning down the Hist!” screamed Maeva.

Those faint tendrils of thread brushing against my mind for a brief moment felt like electrified barbed wire.
Dejected, we pick up Serenity’s void sword and several good for nothing bottles of hist sap. I could tell by the way she sifted through the bones that Pym was upset that Serenity’s outfit was not left behind. Everything looted we look around for a way out.

Stranded by Serenity we wonder how do we get out of this grotto? There’s a trapdoor and another blue magic portal. The trapdoor to Fort Pazarath is locked and won’t open. That leaves the blue portal as the only option. We step in.

Funny thing about unknown portals and steps. You never know where you’re going to end up but you’re always happy it’s not in the middle of a lava flow.

Happily, we’re standing in the master bedroom of Arborwatch. Something tells us this quest is at an end. Tired we draw straws for the bed. I lose again.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 27 2021, 07:29 PM
Post #1563

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, so much for saving that poor hist tree. kvright.gif

And what began with a blue portal, ends with another blue portal.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 3 2021, 08:14 AM
Post #1564

Mouth
Group Icon

20210303 Gweden, Recruiting Silanu - Ayleid Steps
It was mid-morning when we finally got up for the day. First thing we do after breakfast is sell the loot we are carrying around. Kaleah is so happy be rid of all weight. She also wonders why anyone would pay anything for what to her thinking, is mostly junk.

During lunch our new maid mentioned hearing a rumor concerning Eugal Belette and Tertius. Fortune has put us in Chorrol for a reason. We might as well investigate and find out what part Eugal Belette played in Tertius' murder.

His house is just down the street near the cathedral. The door is locked but a spell works. Maybe we were being too cautious as we carefully enter the house.

A thorough search of the house uncovers a suspicious letter from Ruma Cameron implicating Eugal Belette with the Mythic Dawn. We may stumbled upon something important that could help in proving Silanu’s innocence. We need to show this to Silanu.

Later in the day it’s decide that the Pinder girls need some new work clothes so they’re not wearing the same old neck to ankle dress every day. Good excuse for a trip to Ave’s House of Earthly Delights.

It was dark and the House of Earthly Delights was just opening its doors. Unlike Desann’s Palace, at a 100 gold a night Ave’s House of Earthly Delights is way too expensive to be a serious competitor to Gweden. It’s like the difference between going to the seedy PT’s in Centerville or the posh Diamond Cabaret in Sauget. Besides, Ave’s primary business is selling drinks and a stage show.

My Ladies and I have been a little bored lately. Seems like we’re just running back and forth playing mystery detective. Where’s the thrill of adventure, the excitement of stepping into the unknown gone?

Maeva points to the corner where an Ayleid stepstone lay half hidden by a bench. “Time to take a leap of faith.”
Standing there staring at the stepstone a question came to mind. If these are ancient Ayleid artifacts, how did one get in Arborwatch? Come to think of it if I’m not mistaken there’s one every house I bought. Kind of strange isn’t it.

We’ve hardly tried using the steps since we discovered the secret room in Cheydinhal. Wonder what exotic adventure this one will take us to. Only one way to find out.

Activating the step sends us to the corner of the I.C. Market District near The Main Ingredient. Oh well so much for going where no man has gone before. Didn’t faze my Ladies though. In a fraction of a second they were running off in all directions screaming with delight like a bunch of school girls. One would think they never saw shops before.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 3 2021, 09:32 PM
Post #1565

Paladin
Group Icon

Your game continues to look fabulous! Particularly noticeable in that city shot near the chapel and the night sky over Earthly Delights.

An Ayleid steptone to the shoppes! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 3 2021, 10:30 PM
Post #1566

Mouth
Group Icon

Acadian - There are some fantastic artist modders out there. Other than picking the textures I thought looked best I owe it all to them. At time I wish I was a videographer. Just turn it on and capture walking the roads and trails. Then someday home TV's are 12X8 foot... oh that's a dream of course.

The night sky is Fantasy Nightsky #1 from 2008. It's old but IMO is still the best. Like the author RGMage said, "I don't want a realistic looking night sky. I want fantasy. I want something that tells me I'm not on earth any more."

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 6 2021, 06:09 AM
Post #1567

Mouth
Group Icon

20210305 VH-OVB – Between Hammer and Anvil, Ayleid Steps
Well at least they didn’t take the tunnel to the Waterfront and the Goddess Store.

While my Ladies were shopping I paid a visit to the Order of the Virtuous Blood office. Roland was glad to see my return and to hear the Between Hammer and Anvil job had been taken care of.

You should have seen his eyes pop when I turned in 33 pouches of vampire dust. It’ too bad I didn’t label each pouch with the name of the vampire. Some of those vampires were pretty impressive figures. Like that Lord Lo… oh what’s his name? The one at Crowhaven… Lord Lovidicus…

Yeah that’s it. Lord Lovidicus the Grey Prince’s father.

That reminds me, the Grey Prince wants to know his heritage but should we tell him. Agronak gro-Malog is the Arena Grand Champion after all. He might not like the news and try to do the “kill the messenger” thing. I think we’ll think on that for awhile.

Before leaving the Order of Virtuous Blood, Roland mentioned another job. The Blades have leaked information of three powerful vampires preying on Nords around Bruma and Cloud Ruler Temple. Roland thinks the Blades don’t want to touch this and leaked the information in hopes OVB would pick it up.

Hey, if the Blades don’t want to take on these vampires why would I?

Roland turned up the pressure, “It’s said that the leader is an amazingly beautiful creature.”

Bummer, where’s My Ladies when I really need them. With visions of sugar plums dancing in head, I accepted the assignment.

On the way back to pick up my Ladies in the Market district I stopped by Umbacano’s to turn in a couple Ayleid Statues.

“Only three more to go,” he cried gleefully.

What, I thought we were done. I got to take better notes on these kinds of things. Really!

By the time I got back to the Market District my Ladies were ready to leave. The merchants were more than ready to see them go too. Seems the Ladies just bounced around from shop to shop making a mess of the clothing racks trying things on and not buying anything.

We were crossing the Talos Bridge when we spotted a couple Ayleid Stepstones. Activating one out of curiosity we found ourselves standing next to an Ayleid well looking up at the walls of Kvatch.

Rather disappointing. We were hoping for the warm sunny beaches southeast of Leyawiin. Oh well, Skingrad is nearby and we do have business there.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 6 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #1568

Paladin
Group Icon

The Ladies didn't buy anything?!? Surely they can't possible have enough shoes. A girl can never have too many shoes.

Well, will it be off the the Arena to talk to the Grand Champion? Or perhaps off to Bruma to kill a beautiful vampire and her clan of bloodsuckers? Spinning the Ayleid Step wheel lands them in Kvatch! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 7 2021, 08:14 PM
Post #1569

Councilor
Group Icon

Your writing is delightful and funny during this latest posting. smile.gif

You should have seen his eyes pop when I turned in 33 pouches of vampire dust.

"Another vampire has been slain. Here's your reward." *clink!*
"Come back to me when you have slain another vampire, and I'll reward you."

evillol.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 8 2021, 06:11 PM
Post #1570

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 6 2021, 11:16 AM) *

The Ladies didn't buy anything?!?

Acadian – Maybe that is why Maeva has been in such prickly mood lately.

Your writing is delightful and funny during this latest posting

Renee – Thank you. The weather has changed, our governor has been embarrassed into sending adequate doses of vaccine to the metro area, and I have an appointment confirmed for the vaccination 1st dose. Made for a week of good feelings.
Oh, and thankfully there’s an option to sell vampire dust in blocks of 5, 10 or 20 at a time.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 9 2021, 07:08 AM
Post #1571

Mouth
Group Icon

20210308 UL Skingrad Outskirts, The Road to Elsweyr
The first morning after arriving in Skingrad late the night before, we paid a visit to All Thing Alchemical to inform Silanu and Falanu of what we discovered about the murder. Showing them the letter from Ruma Camaron reminded Falanu that she had seen a suspicious character hanging around the well at her old shop on the Ring Road.

Good, we go there and see what we can find out.

First let’s make a pit stop at the West Weald Inn to get in the mood for the journey.

“You know,” Kaleah asks. There’s an alchemist living in the basement, Sinderion, who makes potions from Nirnroot.”

“Yeah but I never found the potion to be that useful. Besides the plants never grow back and I like seeing them in the wild.”

Now that we’re feeling better we leave Skingrad through the west gate out of Skingrad. Kaleah pointed out that we were going in the wrong direction. Thinking quickly, I corrected her. The road through the city is boring. Leaving by the West Gate and taking the road east outside the walls of the city we will pass through the gorgeous Skingrad Outskirts.

(Beautiful as it is with its farmhouses and outdoor market the Better Cities Skingrad Outskirts is extremely laggy and prone to crashing.)

A stop at The Merry Tankard. The inside isn’t much just an average village inn. A minstrel plays as Ailis the owner pours us one more for the road. A toast to safe travel and we’re off.

Traveling cross country we reach Shadowcrest Vineyard where we spend the night. After a day of harvesting grapes we start the wine making process. The pressing done, we should have a nice vintage wine in about month.

That done we head east to intersect with a road that will take us to the Imperial City. It’s a bit of a surprise to find Desann’s tent still sitting by the falls. Thought that was going to be closed down for good. We check. Yes we can enter the tent but the entrance to Desann’s Palace is closed, inoperable.

(If it wasn’t for the two maids in Chorrol I’d remove the mod altogether. It really didn’t add that much to my character’s story as I had hoped. I will remove it from my must have play list.)

Continuing eastward we come to the road and inexplicably take a wrong turn and travel in the wrong direction.
Passing by the ruins of Fort Black Boot, we are attacked by a mage and his Daedroth. Pym strikes first.

The idiot conjurer taken care of we decide to teach any conjurer left in the ruins that it is best to treat peaceful travelers with respect. The conjurers of Black Boot won’t be bothering anyone for awhile.

While fighting in Black Boot, Maeva has taken exception to being hit by Pym’s lightning attack a few times too many. Maeva now has a serious dislike of Pym and attacks Pym constantly. Unable to get Maeva to stop I sent her home to Benirus Manor in Anvil.

With Black Boot pacified we continue along the road until we come to a bridge. The Imperial Guard stationed at the bridge didn’t say anything as we passed by. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary until we reached the center of the bridge. There lying in the middle of the bridge is a book. The book describes cities and job opportunities in Elsweyr.

I look up from the book to the road ahead, “My Ladies I think we’re on the Road to Elsweyr.”

edit: pym strikes first. also Skingrad Outskirts is a Better Cities addition

This post has been edited by macole: Mar 10 2021, 12:51 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 9 2021, 06:58 PM
Post #1572

Paladin
Group Icon

'Thinking quickly, I corrected her.' laugh.gif
-- That said, the outskirts of Skingrad in your game are indeed gorgeous!

Check your 'Pym strikes first' screenshot - it appears to be a duplicate of 'A toast to safe travel'.
Edit: I see you changed it. Renee's right - great shot!

Uh-oh, Maeva not getting along with Pym. I hope she changes her mind/behavior after some time off.

I fondly recall Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina mod. Iliana did a superb job.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Mar 10 2021, 04:21 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 10 2021, 02:11 PM
Post #1573

Councilor
Group Icon

That Skingrad Outskirts does look great. I'd be tempted, but if it's prone to crashing, I don't need that. nono.gif I think your computer is more powerful than mine, even. Shame.

That pic of Pym getting a bolt off into that daedroth is awesome. bluewizardsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 13 2021, 07:30 AM
Post #1574

Mouth
Group Icon

20210313 Elsweyr Riverhold

Not far past the bridge we came across the Khajiiti city of Riverhold. The city tacked onto the side of the mountain face, was at first glance nothing more than a wooden frame of staircases and bridges connecting houses together. Many of the houses turned out to be nothing more than a worn wooden façade covering well furnished cave dwellings carved into the mountain.

Many of the dens as the Khajiit call them are small private dwellings. A few large ones like the Riverspray Inn consisted of many rooms cut into the mountain. The largest of them all was the Great Hall of Queen Naghea.

As visitors to the city we made a visit to the Great Hall of Riverhold to pay our respects to the Queen. Queen Naghea instantly dropped everything on her busy schedule to grant us an audience. She was so thrilled that such a great hero as the Eternal Champion, The Nerevarine, the Champion of Cyrodiil, and the Mote in Skooma-Cat’s Eye would grace her hall that she tried to get us to buy a house in Riverhold. Think of the prestige it would bring.

We graciously declined and went looking for an inn to spend the night.

We found the Riverspray Inn and spent the evening listening to the locals tell epic tales of the great Riverhold hero N’mzirr, who gave his life closing an Oblivion Gate.

Later as we were sitting on the balcony, Kaleah peeked over my shoulder as I wrote in my journal.

“Mote in Skooma-Cat’s Eye! What in Dagon's furnace is that? And she didn’t call you all those titles,” Kaleah shouted in my ear. I take that back. Kaleah doesn’t shout. She just kind of hisses forcefully; very forcefully and infinitely more threatening.

“I once read this book ‘The Mote in God’s Eye’ and… Well, you’re right. She didn’t but she would have had she known. As for the Skooma-Cat, Sheggorath or whatever Khajiit call Sheogorath wants me to help him break the circle and defeat Jyggy. He knows I’m not going to and as long as I’m around no one else is going to volunteer. That irritates him like a speck of sand, a mote, caught in his eye.”

Kaleah turned to Pym in a not so quiet hushed voice said, “Sometimes I don’t think the Sidhe knows what he’s talking about.”

The next morning we paid a visit to the local Mages Guild Hall. Nice place with only three practitioners, Headmaster Y’graska and his two apprentices Jo’Rasma and Jo’Faraq. Y’graska told us much about Riverhold’s history being one of the most ancient dens in Elsweyr and how it was “carved deep into the rock by the claws of a thousand, thousand mothers, the ancestors of all our prides”.

When asked about the Renrijra Krin Y’graska had this to say, “I know little of them, but they believe they are our defenders”.

Jo’rasma, an alchemist specializing in Daedric blood potions asked if we would fetch her some sacred Orc skulls from a Daedric Shrinet. With so many other things to do I told her maybe next time.

We roamed around town for a little while longer before leaving, taking the road south.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 14 2021, 01:01 AM
Post #1575

Paladin
Group Icon

I have very fond memories of Anequina's Riverhold and the entire mod. I found it rather nostalgic going to Elsweyr in ESO - all different kinds of Kahjiit (including alfiq) and even dealings with the Skooma Cat himself (an alfiq, in fact).

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 14 2021, 02:37 AM
Post #1576

Mouth
Group Icon

Both the Elsweyr Anequina and Valenwood Improved mods are great. I don't know why it took me so long to cross the border. Feels like they've been in my catalog like forever

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 17 2021, 02:16 PM
Post #1577

Councilor
Group Icon

Those Khajiit areas are really well done. smile.gif

QUOTE(macole @ Mar 13 2021, 09:37 PM) *

Both the Elsweyr Anequina and Valenwood Improved mods are great.

Are you able to travel in Valenwood without constant problems occurring the deeper you go into the land???? Please tell me how, if so. Are there any patches anybody have come up with over the years? I remember all sorts of land tearing and crashes as my orc tried to travel, me basically playing beta-tester for this unfinished mod. Sure the opening town is great, but from then on, everything became a big mess!

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 18 2021, 05:24 AM
Post #1578

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 17 2021, 08:16 AM) *

Those Khajiit areas are really well done. smile.gif

QUOTE(macole @ Mar 13 2021, 09:37 PM) *

Both the Elsweyr Anequina and Valenwood Improved mods are great.

Are you able to travel in Valenwood without constant problems occurring the deeper you go into the land???? Please tell me how, if so. Are there any patches anybody have come up with over the years? I remember all sorts of land tearing and crashes as my orc tried to travel, me basically playing beta-tester for this unfinished mod. Sure the opening town is great, but from then on, everything became a big mess!

Of the parts of the Valenwood where I’ve been other than the cities being rather empty I’ve had little problem traveling The most serious issue is the Valenwood Elsweyr border area, north of Haven in Valenwood and west of Cornith in Elsweyr. I use a patch I think is current but it doesn't work well. Could be my error.

With Valenwood I have taken the road south from Port Falinesti through Falinesti all the way down to Southpoint. From Southpoint I took the road east to Haven. There’s an inn there call The Stairway to Haven. Great place to enjoy a glass of wine.

Overall the Valenwood Improved landscape is very pretty but the mod itself is very much unfinished. The cities are mostly empty and the border even with a patch is better known as No Man's Land. Other than that I’ve had little problem. It’s like a paint by number picture; the picture outline is there just waiting for you to fill in the colors.

This is the most current version of the Elsweyr Anequina - Valenwood Improved Patch for Iliana’s Elsweyr Anequina 2014.

This is my WB install order for anything Elsweyr and Valenwood. I have read post that say I should have installed the Valenwood mods before the Elsweyr group. Maybe that’s why I still have issues at the border. More than likely it’s my amateurish attempts to installing mods.
++ 220 - ElsweyrAnequina01 MeshesTextures.rar (5995854F) (Installed)
++ 221 - ElsweyrAnequina02 Mar 2014.rar (5C713661) (Installed)
++ 222 - ElsweyrAnequina03 LandscapeLODQuickFix.rar (FBE25ED1) (Installed)
++ 223 - ElsweyrAnequina04 Mesh fix.7z (42EEE83E) (Installed)
++ 224 - ElsweyrAnequina05 HGEC and RMale patch.rar (6EFED155) (Installed)
++ 225 - ElsweyrAnequina06 OCOv2 patch v1-0-1.rar (3A4F3680) (Installed)
++ 226 - ElsweyrAnequina06 Integration-Integrated Patch v1-0.7z (FBF52F9A) (Installed)
++ 227 - ElsweyrAnequina07 City Extension v1_2-42349-1-2.zip (925AC6EF) (Installed)
++ 228 - elsweyranequina08 palmetto tree texture replacer-46241-1-00.7z (98E8F894) (Installed)
++ 229 - ElsweyrAnequina09 The Fang of Anequina.rar (32E1CAEE) (Installed)
++ 230 - ElsweyrAnequina10 Plantations and co V1_12-34931-V1-12.rar (8851EE47) (Installed)
++ 231 - Tales from Elsweyr Anequina v2_9.7z (CB174ED1) (Installed)
++ 232 - Valenwood Islands v1_25.7z (AAEE2C54) (Installed)
++ 233 - Valenwood Improved OCOv2 Patch Version 1.01-47803-1-01.rar (85171763) (Installed)
++ 234 - Valenwood Improved v1_02_1 Eng Full.7z (0693EE61) (Installed)
++ 240 - ElsweyrAnequina ValenwoodImprovedPatch.rar (783B7060) (Installed)
++ 270 - Vampire Hunting Valenwood Improved Patch-30568.7z (E549D3AF) (Installed)
++ 291 - Valenwood Islands LOD fix-45533-1-25.zip (42F73D44) (Installed)

Wish I could be more help. If I ever stop playing I think I’ll waste my time with learning how to fill the empty Valenwood cities with NPCs and clutter. That may take a lifetime as I don’t have a clue on how to start.

This post has been edited by macole: Mar 18 2021, 05:31 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 18 2021, 01:10 PM
Post #1579

Councilor
Group Icon

Wish I could be more help. If I ever stop playing I think I’ll waste my time with learning how to fill the empty Valenwood cities with NPCs and clutter. That may take a lifetime as I don’t have a clue on how to start

Oh, you've helped plenty! There's something going on my gameworld which is running against Valenwood, causing it to have problems. I don't have Elswyer so that won't be a factor.

BUT also, back when my orc was traveling through VW I hadn't bashed my game yet. I wasn't use Wrye Bash last summer, so maybe that could change things.

Thanks macole, cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 19 2021, 11:30 PM
Post #1580

Mouth
Group Icon

20210319 Elsweyr Anequina Fort Seaplace

Leaving Riverhold we took the road south until we reached a fork in the road. As we were trying to decide which way to go, south toward Orcrest or west toward Dune, our attention was captured by flashing red figures streaking through the dense forest to the west. Curious, we took the road west.

A short ways up the road we paused at the entrance to Tardon Wood Stables. Just passed the stables sat the unmistakable unquenchable fire of a destroyed Oblivion Gate. That was a cause for alarm and we decided to check in on the well being of the owner of the stable.

With only one horse and that one not for sale or rent, Udakhu the owner of Tardon Wood Stables didn’t have much to say. His mind was on other matters such as all the Daedra roaming around the areas. That fact was obvious. Down the hill, in the valley below the stable house we could see three brilliant orange Fire Daedra flashing amongst the forest greenery. It was at that time five more Daedra came charging down from the Oblivion Gate and the battle was on.

The battle over, we left Tardon Wood Stables. The brilliant orange of the Fire Daedra was not the bright red that drew our attention to this area so we continued searching the forested hillside. Not far from the stables we found a platform tree house. Sitting on the tree platform was W’aiq the Liar. According to W’aiq, M’aiq is an amateur.

Continuing further up the road we came to an Imperial outpost Fort Seaplace. Strange name for a fort stuck in the middle of nowhere, far away from any sea. Some Anvil born legionnaire homesick for the coast must have named this woebegone outpost.

Acting Commander Vestia Laurentia complained of being undermanned ever since Captain Sejantus led the Seaplace Legion into an Oblivion Gate, never to return. That was over two years ago during the Oblivion Crisis.

Behind Fort Seaplace stood the ruins of the Old Watch Tower (Tales from Elsweyr Anequina). Exploring the ruins we discovered an obsidian claymore and a note from a dead soldier. Carefully reading the fragile note we find out that a suit of obsidian armor was hidden in deep caves somewhere in the southeast.

By now it was dark and we were tired. It was a clear warm night so with the stars as our blanket and a moon as a pillow we curled to sleep on the roof of Fort Seaplace. At day break after a small breakfast with acting-Commander Vestia we headed back toward Riverhold. This time though, we traveled south of the road through the forest.

Keeping an eye out for any trace of the bright red figures we saw the day before, we proceeded at a leisurely pace. Again we saw a flash of red streaking through the forest. Racing to where we saw the figure, we came across the bodies of a headhunter and a man-eater (MOO evil cannibal faction).

The bodies were still warm. We knew we were close to our quarry. Picking up the trail we followed it east. A short ways through the woods we came to a spot along the Cyrodiil Elsweyr border just north of the Knight of the Nine Chapel. There the origin of the mysterious red streaker was revealed.

Entering the camp we were greeted by the friendly company of Khajiit border guards of Camp Bravery. The captain invited us to stay for lunch. We did and the stories the Khajiit told were both entertaining and informative.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post

121 Pages V « < 77 78 79 80 81 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:34 AM