2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spell Question
deltawolf
post May 18 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Retainer

There are some spells called "bound XXX" eg "Bound Dagger"

What does it do? (What does the "bound" mean?)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Ascendant
post May 18 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #2

Retainer

It's basically a powerful creature from Oblivion who's soul is trapped into the form of, say, a dagger, which you can use to fight with. It creates a Daedric version of the weapon with an enchantment of some description, usually one that boosts your proficiency in whatever weapon/armour it is.

--------------------
"If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot."
+Quote Post
deltawolf
post May 18 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #3

Retainer

Ok, just to see if I got this right:

Say for instance you cast the "bound dagger " spell, will that cause you to do more damage with a dagger than normal?
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 18 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

That is sort of right- the spell "summons" a Daedric whatever (dagger, sword, cuirass, etc.) It also usually gives you a boost to the related skill (e.g. Fortify Blade 10 points).

Remember the assassins at the beginning? They appear to be wearing Daedric armor, but it disappears when they die? It is bound armor (a spell effect).

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
The Ascendant
post May 18 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #5

Retainer

QUOTE(deltawolf @ May 18 2006, 01:51 PM)
Ok, just to see if I got this right:

Say for instance you cast the "bound dagger " spell, will that cause you to do more damage with a dagger than normal?

Only when using the dagger you got from casting "bound dagger". It doesn't work if it's not your active weapon.

--------------------
"If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot."
+Quote Post
deltawolf
post May 18 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #6

Retainer

Thanks - I still have a hellofalot to learn smile.gif
+Quote Post
Joryn
post May 18 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #7

Agent

Do bound weapons still fortify? I know they used to, but whenever I cast a bound spell with my mage it never listed it next to the weapon as per a normal enchantment. I could be wrong since I couldnt be bothered to go check my stats to see.

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
+Quote Post
deltawolf
post May 19 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #8

Retainer

Another spell question:

when you cast somthing like "Drain 10 Health" for 10 sec. Does it drain 10 healt in 10 sec, or 10 health for 10 sec = 100 healt?
+Quote Post
H3lliN
post May 19 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #9

Retainer

Not 100% sure but what sounds logic to me:

Well, think of it this way: If it drained 10hp every second for 10 seconds doing 100 dmg...most things would die in one cast. When you cast it though they don't really die with one cast do they? nono.gif

Option number 2: 10hp in 10 seconds thus 1hp per second...sounds logic. If you watch your enemies health bar you will see it decreasing.It isn't that powerfull of a spell, 100 dmg would be expecting a lot... tongue.gif

In case it wasn't clear...total of 10 dmg...the effect is just spread out over 10 sec.
cool.gif

P.S. unless those cute little wilves have 300+ hp and that would be the reason of their health bar not going down so fast...i m guessing not?!

This post has been edited by H3lliN: May 19 2006, 08:46 AM

--------------------
Give them helll, the deserve it well!

HFH//-H3lliN < Hellenic Fighting Heroes //-
+Quote Post
deltawolf
post May 19 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #10

Retainer

My thoughts were the same, but when you enchant an item, why does it then cost more if you increase the duration (keeping the damage the same), eg adding drain 10 health for 1 sec, cost less than drain 10 healt for 10 sec.
+Quote Post
H3lliN
post May 19 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #11

Retainer

Euhm...i haven't enchanted anything yet...Battlemage char. does just fine up to now. Though if indeed the price goes up as you say that would indicate that it does 10 dmg every second for the duration of the spell...
Sorry i can't be absolutely sure, just going on instinct and logic...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rane
post May 19 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #12

Lurker
Group Icon

Drain Health 10 points for 10 seconds means that your health is drained 10 points for 10 seconds. Eg. you have 100 health points and the spell is cast on you. For the next 10 seconds your health is only 90. When the spell wears off your health returns to 100.

Damage Health again is a permanent effect. So, Damage Health 10 points for 1 second means your Health goes down 10 points until you restore it. Damage Health 10 points for 2 seconds will lower your health 10 points for each second the spell is active, meaning a total of 2 x 10 = 20 points.

Drain Stat X points for Y seconds: Drains the specified stat X points for Y seconds, after that the stat is restored.

Damage Stat X points for Y seconds: Damages the specified stat X points each second for Y seconds, stat must be restored with a spell/potion.
+Quote Post
H3lliN
post May 19 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #13

Retainer

ok so my first reaction was partialy correct. Drain 10 dmg in total and lasts for some seconds. What i said wrong thus was that the effect was spread out in the duration, while actually it is instant.

And which spell takes health from your enemy and adds it to yours (if there is any?).Would be usefull in battle.Is there an absorb health spell?

--------------------

+Quote Post
deltawolf
post May 19 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #14

Retainer

I was actually refering to the Absorb spell, forgot it was called that tongue.gif

If you enchant an item with absorb 10 health for 10 sec, it should then absorb a total healt of 100, which would be the same as absorb 100 health for 1 sec (except it would do it in 1 sec)?
+Quote Post
H3lliN
post May 19 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #15

Retainer

Based on Rane's answer:i m guessing it would be a permanent effect;you take it he loses it,untill he replenishes it.So i think it would indeed be 10hp x 10 sec = 100 hp.

But then it could also be that he loses 10 hp (char of 100 hp going to 90 max. for a period of time and you getting +10 max)after that he can replenish health up to 100 and you up to your normal.

Arg kvleft.gif i hate this... can't say i have learned the spells...I mean,am i just thinking like an idiot is it just not that simple? wacko.gif

Still i 'd go with choice nr 1...much cooler cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rane
post May 19 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #16

Lurker
Group Icon

The Absorb Stat spell effect is actually divided into both permanent and non-permanent Absorb effects.

Absorb Health/Fatigue/Magicka are permanent effects and thus work the same way as the Damage Stat effect. So, Absorb Health 10 points for 10 seconds means it absorbs 10 health points each second for 10 seconds. Ultimatelly, you get +100 HP (added to your health, can go beyond your otherwise max health) and your target loses 100 HP permanently. So, the same as Absorb Health 100 points for 1 second.

Now, Absorb Attribute/Skill again work the same way as Drain Stat. Absorb Blade 10 points for 20 seconds means your opponent's Blade skill goes down 10 points for 20 seconds while your own skill goes up 10 points for 20 seconds.
+Quote Post
H3lliN
post May 22 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #17

Retainer

Rane's the leader...walking encyclopedia that's what he is... tongue.gif Thx it is much clearer now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Olav
post May 22 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rane @ May 19 2006, 03:39 PM)
Absorb Health/Fatigue/Magicka are permanent effects and thus work the same way as the Damage Stat effect. So, Absorb Health 10 points for 10 seconds means it absorbs 10 health points each second for 10 seconds. Ultimatelly, you get +100 HP (added to your health, can go beyond your otherwise max health) and your target loses 100 HP permanently. So, the same as Absorb Health 100 points for 1 second.

Hmm... Sounds like a blade with Absorb Health enchantment will make you pretty über, provided you get in a few hits every now and then. Same with spells and bows for that matter. Have to try this. Never used Absorb Health...

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
deltawolf
post May 23 2006, 08:34 AM
Post #19

Retainer

I have a sword with a absorb health enchantment - works wonders smile.gif
+Quote Post
Topito
post May 27 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #20

Retainer

i have my two rings+amulet+shield with something called "damage xx%" for instance i might have something like 70% of "damage", this means 70% of the attack someone does to me goes back to him, its pretty wiked to see enemies going down by themselves for no apparent reason laugh.gif in adition these skill are paired with the equivalent of phisical damage in a spell. So not only they damage themselves, i have some chance of "redirecting" any spell cast on me. Useful indeed... biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:56 AM