Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V « < 39 40 41 42 43 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Skyrim.
ghastley
post Oct 20 2015, 05:23 PM
Post #801

Councilor
Group Icon

First thing to do in Julia's game, since she's still around, is get her RefID, to see if it's still the "00" one. Even if the UKSP fixed anything, they normally don't put in a whole new character. If it's another number, you'll know which mod to blame/thank.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 20 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #802

Councilor
Group Icon

OK, Julia couldn’t find her again, so I went to the CK. That spriggan is the dunSnaplegSpriggan, and she has the dunSnaplegSprigganTravel AI package. She is in the DunPlayerAlly faction. I may have misspelled some things, but I think that tells us that she could under the conditions of not being imprisoned and not being dead follow her travel package. I couldn’t confirm what that travel package specifically is, though. Now I wonder why she usually disappears instead of doing these things in most games? kvleft.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 20 2015, 09:06 PM
Post #803

Councilor
Group Icon

That's strange. The other way round, NPC's will follow the player through doors and continue conversations, so you'd expect to be able to follow her out of the cave.

But the game often uses fast travel for others. For me, Barbas usually disappears between Falkreath and Haemar's Shame, turning up in the last part of the cave, unless I keep him in sight all the way there. It must have something to do with LOS, and the timing of your exit. You probably have to leave the cave at the same time as the spriggan for her not to take a short-cut, and spare her legs. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 20 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #804

Councilor
Group Icon

Aha, and also Esbern and Delphine are notorious for disappearing on the way to the Karthspire only to show up during the fight. From now on I’m going be doing the spriggan sprint every time I go in Snapleg Cave! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 23 2015, 09:20 PM
Post #805

Councilor
Group Icon

I came across Vilkas standing near Bleakwind Basin, the Giant camp just outside Whiterun. He was on his own, and there were no sabre cats around. Jo'Bashi has not witnessed the giant fight at Pelagia Farm, so it's reasonable that Vilkas and Ria would be out hunting together, but he's on his own.

I'm starting to wonder if the giants have sent Ria into orbit, and she's come down out of sight. I believe she's marked at least protected by her alias for the encounter quest.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #806

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2015, 04:20 PM) *

I came across Vilkas standing near Bleakwind Basin, the Giant camp just outside Whiterun. He was on his own, and there were no sabre cats around. Jo'Bashi has not witnessed the giant fight at Pelagia Farm, so it's reasonable that Vilkas and Ria would be out hunting together, but he's on his own.

I'm starting to wonder if the giants have sent Ria into orbit, and she's come down out of sight. I believe she's marked at least protected by her alias for the encounter quest.

Bold: rollinglaugh.gif

I've seen a mammoth fy up int orbit, and I didn't kill it, I don't know what did. Skyrim's havoc is on steroids compared to Oblivion's (imho), laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 23 2015, 10:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 23 2015, 10:46 PM
Post #807

Councilor
Group Icon

Poor lonely Vilkas! Ria tends to run her mouth. Maybe Vilkas killed her. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 24 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #808

Councilor
Group Icon

Do dead spriggans have a glowing, yellowish-green pulse to their bodies after they die? I just noticed this in Claire's game. I don't know if they do this on Xbox. Probably not, I think I would have noticed at some point.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 24 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #809

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes the spriggan glow takes a while to fade out. But it does fade, and the corpses can be hard to find once it does. I think that's why they made it linger a bit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 26 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #810

Councilor
Group Icon

Another first: approaching Largashbur after level 9, so the giant is there. Atub and Ugor come out to attack it, as usual, but this time the giant whacks someone and sends him/her into orbit. After we kill the giant, Ugor goes back on watch, but Atub is missing in action. She's essential, so I assume the flying person couldn't have been her, or could it? Might she be stuck up in the hills trying to walk back?

Fortunately I'm not running Orc Hearthfires in this game.

Edit: checked the wiki, and she's only protected, but if the player kills her, she won't go flying, and if not killed by the player, then the giant can't, I think. Or is there a timing window where the giant has started his swing when she dies?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 26 2015, 07:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 26 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #811

Ancient
Group Icon

You could find her Ref id and do a player.moveto RefID to find out where she is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 26 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #812

Councilor
Group Icon

If she was the flyer she still may have survived. Dead or alive, I’m curious where she landed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 1 2015, 08:41 PM
Post #813

Councilor
Group Icon

I found Atub eventually at the gate at the top of Darklight Tower. She'd landed up in the hills and couldn't open the gate to get back down.

Ma'Lishus found this on her way to Karthwasten. I have no idea where the rider went.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 1 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #814

Councilor
Group Icon

Aha, thanks for the Atub report. I’m still missing Erik the Slayer on a PS3 game. It’s been almost four years. Maybe he’s still standing behind some gate.

A horsemanless horse? There wasn’t a giant nearby, was there? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 2 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #815

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa, a riderless ghost horse. Neat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2015, 02:44 AM
Post #816

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 1 2015, 02:41 PM) *

I found Atub eventually at the gate at the top of Darklight Tower. She'd landed up in the hills and couldn't open the gate to get back down.

Ma'Lishus found this on her way to Karthwasten. I have no idea where the rider went.

A spooky ghost horse? Is there supposed to be one anywhere in the game? Wasn't there supposed to be one in Coldharbour that the Player can get?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 8 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #817

Paladin
Group Icon

MALX, there is a ghostly headless horseman who makes the nightly rounds of Skyrim on his ghostly horse. The picture looks exactly like his horse without the rider. In the Soul Cairn is a blue flaming skeletal horse called Arvak that you can solve a minor quest to own. Arvak is summonable.

So the mystery here really is likely what happened to the headless rider that is probably supposed to be on that horse? Lol.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Nov 8 2015, 01:57 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 8 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #818

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 8 2015, 07:56 AM) *

MALX, there is a ghostly headless horseman who makes the nightly rounds of Skyrim on his ghostly horse. The picture looks exactly like his horse without the rider. In the Soul Cairn is a blue flaming skeletal horse called Arvak that you can solve a minor quest to own. Arvak is summonable.

So the mystery here really is likely what happened to the headless rider that is probably supposed to be on that horse? Lol.

How funny! Hey, I never saw that headless horseman! Does his name happen to be Ichabod Crane? (what an in depth quest that would be! ) laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 8 2015, 03:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 11 2015, 01:26 AM
Post #819

Councilor
Group Icon

So I'm running around with my Thalmor posse tonight. They just got done with Fort Fellhammer, where Baytor & his crew successfully downed the bandit leader here, and all of his minions. Score.

They get outside, and I'm like WOW. Look at the colors! The trees are actually green. The snow is bluish-white. Even the short stubs of grass & thatch seem to have more color than usual. I recently installed ENB in my game, finally I can see the difference!

Then I realized why everything looks so different: The sun is out ... The sun, yes, that blinding disc of white up in the sky. The sky itself is actually blue too. ohmy.gif I don't think I've ever seen this area of the game, The Pale I think, looking so darn spectacular and lovely. Pics soon, I promise.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 11 2015, 01:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 11 2015, 02:31 AM
Post #820

Ancient
Group Icon

That northern area - between Morthal and Winterhold - is now my favorite in the game. I love the snow-swept hills, bright ice fields, creaking glaciers, and icebergs floating out in the sea.

--------------------
+Quote Post

45 Pages V « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:08 AM