Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Everything Thread, Here you can post about anything you wantu
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 18 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #51181

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Sep 18 2017, 03:26 PM) *

I've always gone with the TES consensus that Illusion is the one school of magic that Sorcerers don't get.

Khajiit doesn't understand what you mean here.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 20 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #51182

Spam Meister
Group Icon

*makes post to honor the old graphics card and to welcome the new one*

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 21 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #51183

Master
Group Icon

I think I've found out how to record gaming videos without the use of Fraps or any other software other then what Window 10 provides. If this is the case I could make gaming videos again for my YouTube account.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Sep 21 2017, 09:36 AM
Post #51184

Councilor
Group Icon

Having seen yet another nut claiming the end of the world is nigh(this time we're going to be hit by a planet on saturday) the thought occurs: after all the ridiculous claims of the apocalypse that have popped up over the years, if someone was actually right, would anybody listen?

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 21 2017, 04:30 PM
Post #51185

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Sep 21 2017, 03:36 AM) *

Having seen yet another nut claiming the end of the world is nigh(this time we're going to be hit by a planet on saturday) the thought occurs: after all the ridiculous claims of the apocalypse that have popped up over the years, if someone was actually right, would anybody listen?

Lol, hit by a planet?!

Nope. Well, it probably depends on the people claiming it too. If a roomful of scientists are saying it, then maybe we would listen?

Even then we'd probably destroy ourselves in the chaos that would follow when the whole of humanity panics.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 21 2017, 04:32 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Sep 21 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #51186

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 21 2017, 04:30 PM) *

Lol, hit by a planet?!

Nope. Well, it probably depends on the people claiming it too. If a roomful of scientists are saying it, then maybe we would listen?

Even then we'd probably destroy ourselves in the chaos that would follow when the whole of humanity panics.

Yup. Supposedly this planet comes by every three thousand tears or something. But it's going to hit us on saturday and is either invisible, or there's some huge planetary conspiracy to keep us from seeing it somehow. I genuinely think that some people just aren't happy if they don't think the world is going to end. There's no other explanation for the frequency of this particular brand of lunacy.

And, speaking of lunacy, a little something for Reaper:

Rocking,
Rocking,
And rolling.

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 21 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #51187

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Sep 21 2017, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 21 2017, 04:30 PM) *

Lol, hit by a planet?!

Yup. Supposedly this planet comes by every three thousand tears or something. But it's going to hit us on saturday and is either invisible, or there's some huge planetary conspiracy to keep us from seeing it somehow. I genuinely think that some people just aren't happy if they don't think the world is going to end. There's no other explanation for the frequency of this particular brand of lunacy.

Lunacy is a good word for it.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 21 2017, 07:28 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 21 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #51188

Master
Group Icon

Hit by a planet?! Where's Vivic at when you him...her...it.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Sep 21 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #51189

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Sep 21 2017, 07:41 PM) *

Hit by a planet?! Where's Vivic at when you him...her...it.

Ask Kirkbride laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 21 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #51190

Master
Group Icon

I've always wondered what he's been up to since the Trial of Vivec. If you take that as canon, that is.

This post has been edited by Cain: Sep 21 2017, 08:39 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Sep 21 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #51191

Councilor
Group Icon

*Googles*

Woah.

Seems like pretty odd territory that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 21 2017, 11:32 PM
Post #51192

Mouth
Group Icon

You know what, somebody's got to say it. And if nobody else will, then I will:

[censored] Vivec. Vivec is a complete [censored]. And a liar. I have other words for him, but while they aren't swear words I would imagine they are a no-no for these forums too.

Seemingly everybody lavishes him with praise, so I have to push back against the narrative!

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 21 2017, 11:40 PM
Post #51193

Ancient
Group Icon

I have always felt the same. The first time I played Morrowind I recall reading one of the books about him. He was just a complete and utter d-bag. Then I read his own account of the Battle of Red Mountain and the death of Nerevar, and it is pretty plain that he and the rest of the Tribunal murdered Nerevar. Then they stole some of the power from Lorkhan - the worst enemy of the elves - so they could play at being gods. Finally someone got so mad at him that they threw an asteroid at him. Instead of just gently lowering it to the ground, Vivec held it in midair over Vivec City on purpose. So that if the Dunmer ever overthrew him it would finally hit and kill them all. Which it did. Really despicable.

That is why Persephone killed him the first chance she had the last time I played Morrowind.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 21 2017, 11:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 22 2017, 12:29 AM
Post #51194

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 21 2017, 05:40 PM) *

I have always felt the same. The first time I played Morrowind I recall reading one of the books about him. He was just a complete and utter d-bag. Then I read his own account of the Battle of Red Mountain and the death of Nerevar, and it is pretty plain that he and the rest of the Tribunal murdered Nerevar. Then they stole some of the power from Lorkhan - the worst enemy of the elves - so they could play at being gods. Finally someone got so mad at him that they threw an asteroid at him. Instead of just gently lowering it to the ground, Vivec held it in midair over Vivec City on purpose. So that if the Dunmer ever overthrew him it would finally hit and kill them all. Which it did. Really despicable.

That is why Persephone killed him the first chance she had the last time I played Morrowind.

Yeah Nerevar was the true hero in that story. Vivec is poo.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 22 2017, 02:25 AM
Post #51195

Master
Group Icon

Oh for sure. Vivec ought to be remembered as one of the most infamous figures in Tamrielic history.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 22 2017, 03:00 AM
Post #51196

Master
Group Icon

Well my Dad and I went and watch the new Stephen King It film. It was pretty good not really scary but eerie in some parts, I like how the new guy played Peenywise, although no Tim Curry he still did a good job with his version of the Dancing Clown.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 22 2017, 03:22 AM
Post #51197

Mouth
Group Icon

Even though I was partially joking, even outside the game it seems most people regard Vivec sympathetically or actually think he is a good guy. Like, no, [censored] him. Phenomenally written character, of course, and definitely more complicated than a typical villain. But he is still a grade-A+++ tool.

Strangely enough, my Nerevarine hasn't killed him. I've debated it multiple times. I might do it one day, but I'm not sure.

Still, one other character incites more vitriol from me, even though he has not done anything like Vivec has done.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 22 2017, 04:44 AM
Post #51198

Master
Group Icon

Only thing I know about Vivic is he and Molag Bal did the nasty and either Bal changed sex to female or Vivic did.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 22 2017, 06:20 AM
Post #51199

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 21 2017, 09:22 PM) *

Still, one other character incites more vitriol from me, even though he has not done anything like Vivec has done.

Which character is that?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 22 2017, 01:43 PM
Post #51200

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 22 2017, 01:20 AM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 21 2017, 09:22 PM) *

Which character is that?

I was hoping to play a little guessing game, but oh well. I'll hide it in spoilers.

Whew. Well, I feel better. tongue.gif But seriously, I loathe that guy.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3509 Pages V « < 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
15 User(s) are reading this topic (15 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:21 AM