Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Praised Be Oblivion!, State all your positive thoughts about..
Fethenwen
post May 10 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #1

Agent

...our favorite game smile.gif

I start by saying that the Dark Brotherhood quests and all about the society is very intriguing, scary and wicked that really feels unik.

*spoilers below*

Vicenti rocks, and so does many others of the family. And it's nice to listen to their conversations.
! The quest with the "party" and elimination of the guests sure was really creepy.

--------------------
user posted image
let Lara bite you: *click*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
HyPN0
post May 11 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

So i should say only positive things about Oblivion?
Ah man, my hands are are really tied now.... No complains?

Well OK.

I second you that Dark Brotherhood quests are the most intresting set of quests in the game. I also loved the Sheogorath shrine quest, it made me LMAO laugh.gif

Umbacano quests are really good too!

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
H3lliN
post May 11 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #3

Retainer

Hmz... tha game has some very original quests and very amusing as well.

Another positive issue i see in it, are the great graphics and the very real-like environment:take the basket in your inventory and the apples roll off the table...

Beeing able to join all guilds is quite interesting but you could count that as negative too...But still there is a positive side in it.

A lot of missions to do that is always nice.I hate games that don't last very long. A big map to explore many things to do and a lot of gaming hours...games aren't cheap so it is wise to make them worth the money!

There is also a great variety of objects and skills in the game making it thus the more interesting.

So far that's all i have. I will re-evaluate after some more hours behind my screen.

--------------------
Give them helll, the deserve it well!

HFH//-H3lliN < Hellenic Fighting Heroes //-
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 11 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Just a little observation I did a few days ago when I encountered Storm Atronachs for the first time:

WOW! blink.gif

Seriously I think they are extremely well done, and I think the moment I saw the first one explode was the first time I actually said 'wow' out loud to myself when playing, except for when I stepped out of the jail tunnels and saw the scenery for the first time.

Generally I think that the different creatures etc. are very well done in Oblivion.

Another thing I'm amazed about is the sound, and especially the sound effects of the creatures. I get chills down my spine when I hear some of them...

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
The Ascendant
post May 11 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #5

Retainer

QUOTE(H3lliN @ May 11 2006, 09:24 AM)
Another positive issue i see in it, are the great graphics and the very real-like environment:take the basket in your inventory and the apples roll off the table...

Try getting a low powered fireball and casting it on the apple basket... BOOM! Apples everywhere! I did that in Leyawiin castle dining area and covered the floor in all the items on the table biggrin.gif

The Dark Brotherhood quests are great but I really really love the new spellcasting system... makes it much easier to be a mage-hybrid class of character without all that bother of "readying" your spells.

--------------------
"If you make something idiot proof someone will invent a better idiot."
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 11 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Rainer no longer walks funny and can wear shoes now!

That is the one thing that can make Rainer die a happy man/Khajiit smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Fethenwen
post May 11 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #7

Agent

QUOTE(Olav @ May 11 2006, 02:54 PM)
Another thing I'm amazed about is the sound, and especially the sound effects of the creatures. I get chills down my spine when I hear some of them...

Aye, like those zombies. Seriously, I've never encountered scarier zombies in any game before ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 11 2006, 05:10 PM)

Good for you smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
let Lara bite you: *click*
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 11 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 11 2006, 05:10 PM)

Ahh, so Rainer finaly has Oblivion and a new computer?
Good for him!

QUOTE(Fethenwen @ May 11 2006, 07:03 PM)
Aye, like those zombies. Seriously, I've never encountered scarier zombies in any game before  ohmy.gif

Try ''Doom 3''. Or ''The Suffering''.
Oblivion zombies are cute comparing to those! ohmy.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Joryn
post May 11 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #9

Agent

The magic system is one of my high points. Sure, I would have prefered some less combat orientated skills as well. Just so it makes you feel a little more like a mage. But overall they got well past the bad points in Morrowind. One I especially had touble with was the difference between fire, frost and shock.

Basically in Morrowind it was just a small ball exploding into a larger area. This time they are each much more distinctive. Makes it feel different when you are casting them, because they still do pretty much the same thing, similar to blunt and sword. But its certainly a visual improvement from Morrowind.

And of course the sound and voice acting. Patrick Stewart did as good as you could do with the opening part. Sean Bean likewise played his character admirably. My friend complained that he sounded odd, but how well can you play a priest losing his faith, suddenly finding that he is heir to the throne?

Terrence Stamp was also terrific. In the little he was talking, I was always paying full attention. I think Beth made an excellent decision in choosing him. Also there are moments where the general sound in game is a treat. Just like mentioned above, it makes some of the enemies more memorable.

While I never take zombies seriously in games, Oblivion's had me slightly unsettled on occasion. The Dremora also were a favourite of mine. I got goose bumps at a particular part in the main quest because of one of them.

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post May 11 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

Id have to say when I forced the game up to max graphics and forced aniostrophic filtering on.
Looked off over the imperial city. Amazing..

The game unfortunately decided it wanted to try 640x480 at high textures. So I couldnt see a darned thing, but what was near me was incredible biggrin.gif I now tweaked it and my system to run better. I run 1152x864 at medium textures. Looks nice there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 12 2006, 01:56 AM
Post #11

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 11 2006, 11:33 AM)
Ahh, so Rainer finaly has Oblivion and a new computer?
Good for him!

sadly, that is not so verysad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 12 2006, 02:43 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 12 2006, 02:56 AM)
sadly, that is not so verysad.gif

huh.gif Why did Rainer post a praise for Oblivion ih he doesn't have the game?

Well, since Rainer doesn't have Oblivion, maybe this will comfort Rainer:
user posted image

laugh.gif

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post May 12 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 11 2006, 07:43 PM)
huh.gif Why did Rainer post a praise for Oblivion ih he doesn't have the game?

Well, since Rainer doesn't have Oblivion, maybe this will comfort Rainer:
user posted image

laugh.gif

Well, it was discovered via screenshots.

And thanks, Rainer could use some of that right now.

Especially since Bestbuy hasn't called in a week verysad.gif

*sob*

*chugs the skooma*

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Wolven
post May 12 2006, 07:18 AM
Post #14

Associate

QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 12 2006, 01:46 PM)

*sob*

*chugs the skooma*

lol poor kitty sad.gif
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 13 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

I always wondered, do Khajiits snort moonsugar or how is that done?

Anyay, I think the dreamworld was my favorite quest. It was unique and cool and long and let you feel like you weren't just doing errands. I also liked the Order of the Virtuous Blood quest a lot. The first and second set of dark brotherhood quests were often fun and interesting, especially for a thief, though the last set got old fast and though the storyline kicked boat until the very end, it all felt way too worshippy for my nihilistic character. But that aside, the storyline leading up to the end was very cool and intriguing.

Lastly, I like going into people's houses and shooting fireballs everywhere. I also like the astronach sign for birthsigns and wish they made them all like that, with a real noticable difference instead of just some random ability you'll eventually never use or some bonus.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 13 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

I think you mix moon sugar in water... you know like those Crystal Light things... or if you don't know those - Kool-Aid.

This post has been edited by DarkHunter: May 13 2006, 08:31 PM

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 13 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

Yes, skooma is definitely something they drink, and not only Khajiits. Haven't you guys seen the people at the skooma den in Bravil? smile.gif

--------------------

Gandalf
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 13 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Olav @ May 14 2006, 12:09 AM)
Yes, skooma is definitely something they drink, and not only Khajiits. Haven't you guys seen the people at the skooma den in Bravil?  smile.gif

Actualy, we were talking about moonsugar wink.gif And skooma can also be smoked (Skooma Pipe anyone?)
Now that I think of it I really don't know how is moonsugar consumed. Maybe by.....eating it? blink.gif
LOL laugh.gif

--------------------
- Albert Einstein

- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Olav
post May 14 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

Ah.. ahem... sorry I mixed them up... Come to think of it I remember I saw 'good skooma pipe' in Morrowind a few times (in Caius' house there was one), so I was way off anyway... biggrin.gif Hmm.. but the guys in Oblivion drink it... blink.gif

Anyway back on topic: Another thing I find great with Oblivion is the changing weather. It's really relieving when it finally stops raining after a long time with rain and wind, and the sun comes out. The entire scenery and atmosphere changes.

The 'realism spoiler' part of it is when you walk in the countryside in sunny weather, and then when you enter a city gate it's raining cats and dogs... indifferent.gif

--------------------

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 16 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

I don't know if this is right, but I always thought that moonsugar was the ingredient that skooma was made out of. And that skooma could be smoked or drunk depending on how it was prepared.

=====================

A thing that I like about Oblivion is that necklaces and pendants now can show when you wear them. Some rings also can show on your fingers. That used to bother me that they had pretty enchanted jewelry in Morrowind but you couldn't see them on your character.

smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:24 AM