> Fallout76, Um... yeah.
Kane
post Aug 15 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 15 2018, 03:22 PM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 15 2018, 07:18 AM) *

Kaney, are you considering trying this game?

All depends on the amount of singleplayer ability. I definitely am not pre-oredering, and will likely wait several months after release if I do decided to buy it.
If it has the kind of solo exploration that ESO has, I will buy it.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 15 2018, 08:56 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif Video is hilarious! laugh.gif hanks for posting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 22 2018, 01:23 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Fallout 76 - "Vault-Tec Presents: A New American Dream"

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 6 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Fallout 76 – Vault-Tec Presents: Atomics for Peace!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Sep 8 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #25

Knower
Group Icon

Check out the Quakecon panel for the game on YouTube smile.gif I had similar doubts, but they answered a lot of questions regarding solo play/PvP etc and I am very hyped!
+Quote Post
RyanRedfield
post Sep 9 2018, 05:04 AM
Post #26

Associate

At the risk of double posting as the above post was me also before I got this account, I thought i would list a few features for the curious as I've been obsessively watching update videos haha.

Yes, there are no NPCs. Trading, RP etc will be done with other players. I'm hoping in the future there will be private servers so people can make RP servers.

Although raiders are gone, we have a new enemy called the scorched. These are almost feral ghouls who still have the capacity for firearm combat.

There are strict, and cool IMO, measures to tackle briefing from other players. This includes that players can't be killed by others until they reach level 5. And even then, you can't be killed easily unless you specifically engage in a PVP duel. The first few shots from a griefer does very minimal damage, giving players a chance to escape.

The only microtransactions will be cosmetics. And even then those same cosmetics can be earned in game.

Public servers will only have 24 people. So that in a world 4x the size of FO4 means a very rare chance of bumping into people.

I will edit this once I find out more smile.gif
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 9 2018, 02:08 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit is going to have to see the finished product before trying it. There’s too much about it that makes this one skeptical that he would enjoy it.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 10 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, thanks for all the info, Ryan! Although I won't be getting 76, I'm extremely curious about this new direction Bethesda is taking. Everyone is probably criticizing Beth in the new forums (I haven't been there in awhile) but at least Beth is trying a bunch of new things for MMOs, not just repeating the same.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 10 2018, 03:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 24 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Pretty awesome reddit post by a B.E.T.A. player: https://old.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/9qwo...s_heres_what_i/

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 24 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

Has anybody here played it?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 24 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

I am interested in it, but I won't be buying it anytime soon. I've got other games to go through first, and I am reluctant to spend that much money.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 13 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Servers are live!

This post has been edited by Kane: Nov 13 2018, 03:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 13 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

Saw the live action tv spot for it the other day nd the whole time Khajiit was thinking “Ok, but where is the gameplay?”. Bethesda has gotten really bad about this. Live action is fine but we kinda need to see some gameplay too.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
stargelman
post Nov 22 2018, 09:57 AM
Post #34

Senor Snore
Group Icon

It's getting terrible reviews across the bank, both from the games review industry but also from individual gamers. Some of the biggest bits of criticism:

- Only way to communicate with (all!) other players is voice, which is enabled by default (!)
- No human NPCs at all, only other players
- Barely any story
- You can get shot in the back by some randomly spawning enemies while reading stuff on a computer console (????)
- Engine pretty dated, graphics bleh (compared to competition)
- PvP and other gameplay rather meh, all changes that were made were for the worst apparently

I was actually thinking about trying it out before reading reviews. Now I'm thinking I won't...

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Nov 22 2018, 12:25 PM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

Lots of very disappointed folks out there. I always said it just looks like Ark: Survival Evolved without the dinosaurs (and thus inferior).

As expected it is apparently RIDDLED with bugs, including one bug that straight up deletes the game data from your system. Also some reports that people are unable to delete the beta from their system without first pre-ordering the game (say if their friend has given them a beta code).

Jim Sterling did a pretty good impressions video on it which highlights many of the issues. I'd recommend checking that out for those that are interested.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 22 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

SMH
Khajiit is going to be very wary of BGS games from here on out. The days of this one preordering their games are over. It just baffles Khajiit that they thought this would be a good idea! If The Todd is such a great game director, how could he not see that this game was utter garbage?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 22 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #37

Mouth
Group Icon

It's certainly disappointing to hear the reviews. I wasn't planning on buying Fallout 76 anytime soon, but if I was before then I wouldn't be thinking about it now. I think Bethesda often gets more flak than it should and that some people like to be anti-Bethesda just because, but the sharp criticism certainly sounds justified this time. It's unlikely everybody is blowing this out of proportion if so many people are harping on it this harshly. This game sounds like it's even buggier than Daggerfall, and if that is the case...yikes.

This makes me disappointed in Bethesda. They are better than this.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 22 2018, 09:33 AM) *

SMH
Khajiit is going to be very wary of BGS games from here on out. The days of this one preordering their games are over. It just baffles Khajiit that they thought this would be a good idea! If The Todd is such a great game director, how could he not see that this game was utter garbage?

It seems like the biggest issue was how they rushed this. I know they said they have been working on this since pretty much Fallout 4's release, but if it is this unstable of a game then it has to have been rushed (game mechanics aside).

I can appreciate them taking a risk on an idea that is so different from what they have done before, and seems to be quite different from what anybody else has tried. But there is no excuse for having so many bugs and so much instability.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 22 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 22 2018, 08:47 AM) *

It's certainly disappointing to hear the reviews. I wasn't planning on buying Fallout 76 anytime soon, but if I was before then I wouldn't be thinking about it now. I think Bethesda often gets more flak than it should and that some people like to be anti-Bethesda just because, but the sharp criticism certainly sounds justified this time. It's unlikely everybody is blowing this out of proportion if so many people are harping on it this harshly. This game sounds like it's even buggier than Daggerfall, and if that is the case...yikes.

This makes me disappointed in Bethesda. They are better than this.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 22 2018, 09:33 AM) *

SMH

It seems like the biggest issue was how they rushed this. I know they said they have been working on this since pretty much Fallout 4's release, but if it is this unstable of a game then it has to have been rushed (game mechanics aside).

I can appreciate them taking a risk on an idea that is so different from what they have done before, and seems to be quite different from what anybody else has tried. But there is no excuse for having so many bugs and so much instability.

Khajiit can appreciate them taking a risk on a good idea, but a good idea this game is not. Think about it. No NPCs, next to no story, and a multiplayer with so many restrictions on how you can interact with other players that it practically doesn’t matter (Khajiit would want to be a Raider but with the griefing countermeasures, this isn’t possible). What were they thinking? The lack of care is just astounding.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 22 2018, 05:49 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

Next Bethesda will announce that TES VI will be a phone game...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 22 2018, 06:18 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 22 2018, 10:49 AM) *

Next Bethesda will announce that TES VI will be a phone game...

Well there is Blades...

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 AM