+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
King Coin
post Jul 1 2012, 04:22 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

You need to buy a 1600 MS point card at a store, or use a credit card on your xbox to get it. Either way, it will be $20. You will need to connect your xbox to the internet to get it. You do not need to get a 'Gold Membership' which is the paid account.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jul 1 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 1 2012, 04:22 AM) *
You need to buy a 1600 MS point card at a store, or use a credit card on your xbox to get it. Either way, it will be $20. You will need to connect your xbox to the internet to get it. You do not need to get a 'Gold Membership' which is the paid account.

The King speaks the truth; you can get two kinds of membership for Xbox Live; Gold Membership, which you pay for, which allows you to play games against people online, and Silver Membership, where you cannot play games online but you can buy and download games and browse the internet from your Xbox. You can buy downloadable content from the Xbox Live Marketplace by purchasing Microsoft Points as a sort of online store credit sort of thing (not sure why Microsoft doesn't just cut out the middle man and let you buy directly with your credit card, but you'd have to ask Bill Gates for the answer to that question). Once you've bought your Microsoft Points, you can then spend them on DLC and even entire games at will.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 1 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jul 1 2012, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 1 2012, 04:22 AM) *

The King speaks the truth; you can get two kinds of membership for Xbox Live; Gold Membership, which you pay for, which allows you to play games against people online, and Silver Membership, where you cannot play games online but you can buy and download games and browse the internet from your Xbox. You can buy downloadable content from the Xbox Live Marketplace by purchasing Microsoft Points as a sort of online store credit sort of thing (not sure why Microsoft doesn't just cut out the middle man and let you buy directly with your credit card, but you'd have to ask Bill Gates for the answer to that question). Once you've bought your Microsoft Points, you can then spend them on DLC and even entire games at will.

I just use my credit card on mine for downloads, I just have the free (Silver) membership. I also use my credit card to pay for my son's Gold membership + any downloads he wants. I just gave them the number years ago, once per year they charge the account for the Gold membership ($49.00) and whenever he wants to download something he just purchases points on Live using the credit card on file. It is very simple that way, and no need to keep going to stores to purchase cards.

Those cards they sell in stores are useful for people who don't want their credit card being used that way, or to give for gifts.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 1 2012, 03:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mALX   Characters/NPC's in Skyrim   Dec 22 2011, 02:58 PM
Taaron   That is interesting but some of them I didnt under...   Jun 24 2012, 04:57 AM
mALX   That is interesting but some of them I didnt unde...   Jun 24 2012, 05:09 AM
Lady Saga   Have you found a favorite character for Skyrim? ...   Jun 25 2012, 02:58 AM
Colonel Mustard   Have you found a favorite character for Skyrim? Fo...   Jun 25 2012, 09:27 AM
liliandra nadiar   Favorites are all in who I have an idea for. :P C...   Jun 24 2012, 05:31 AM
mALX   Favorites are all in who I have an idea for. :P ...   Jun 24 2012, 05:36 AM
mALX   * @ Lady Saga - I was actually talking about Pla...   Jun 27 2012, 04:44 AM
Colonel Mustard   Imperial, actually. Very fun to play, though.   Jun 27 2012, 02:42 PM
Acadian   Since I don't play Skyrim, I have to vote for ...   Jun 27 2012, 03:16 PM
King Coin   Since I don't play Skyrim, I have to vote for...   Jun 27 2012, 07:31 PM
Darkness Eternal   Favorite NPC is officially Serana. Spoilers bel...   Jun 27 2012, 05:53 PM
mALX   Favorite NPC is officially Serana. She's o...   Jun 27 2012, 07:40 PM
Lady Saga   Darkness Eternal likes a vanilla-game vampire? I g...   Jul 1 2012, 03:30 AM
SubRosa   I think you have to download it to get it.Though I...   Jul 1 2012, 03:49 AM
Lady Saga   Oh okay thanks, everyone. Kinda neat. AFter all ...   Jul 1 2012, 05:12 PM
King Coin   Kinda neat. AFter all this time, I have hardly fi...   Jul 1 2012, 10:31 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:16 AM