213 Pages V « < 171 172 173 174 175 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Grits
post Apr 8 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #3441

Councilor
Group Icon

Since they can’t be banked, I’ve been using the mail system to bounce duplicate Prophet motifs back to myself so that I can pick them up as necessary on any character. That way when someone says that they want one in chat I can go to my mail and get it to send to them immediately rather than scratching my head over which character has which motif stuck in their inventory. (I just assumed that they couldn’t be put in any bank, but I didn’t try the Guild bank.)

Right now I have Prophet robe, sandals, breeches, and shawl to give away if anyone wants them.

I’m a fan of the whole Prophet look. Especially the staff.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 8 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #3442

Councilor
Group Icon

As style pages, they're account-wide already, so mailing them between characters on one account is probably pointless. However, it does suggest that they could be mailed to another player. We should test it.

I know they can't be placed into a storage container in a house. I got my first on Bo, who wanted to pass any style/motif stuff to Laurie, so she tried to use the "mailbox" chest. No go. I didn't try passing via banker, as they usually have the same restrictions.

Send me something random, and I'll see if I can use it. I don't think I have robe yet, but I can't remember what I picked up to use up the tickets. With no interest in Indriks, it appears this is the only other sink.

"Finally, Outfit Style pages purchased with Event Tickets cannot be traded." on the ESO site implies that ones not purchased can be traded?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 8 2019, 07:30 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 8 2019, 08:41 PM
Post #3443

Mouth
Group Icon

I've just been tossing the Prophet style pages starting on the second day of the event tbh. I got them all pretty quickly, and there's so many out there that their value is pretty much dead (plus they don't stack in your inventory and can't be banked)

On the outfit itself, I'm surprised to find out that the Prophet had a matching pair of pajama bottoms under his robe. This whole time I assumed he was pantsless. :v

Anyway, I'm more concerned about getting Welkynar motifs (as they're the most expensive right now) as well as Silver Dawn and Huntsman (just so I don't have to buy them myself). No luck with Welkynar so far, but I did get one of each of the other two so there's that.

Oh, that's right. I also ended up screeching for a while when I got this last night with the annual It's Another Crafter. Might make another for the last few days (and to have it ready for the last week)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 8 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #3444

Councilor
Group Icon

The ones you get from the gift boxes can be traded or mailed to another player (ghastley, I mailed you a robe), just not passed around within one account. Turns out they can also be Guild banked just like the Rune Boxes. I stuck a few in the Chorrolite bank. Funnily enough I have not gotten another hood. (Yet.)

The mail bounce I mentioned is with another player who is cooperating. You send them a mail titled something like “Prophet Sandals RTS,” and they return it to you unopened. Then you have the returned mail with its attachment available from your mailbox for… 30 days? It’s useful for quickly handing out free rune boxes from any character during these events. It’s very useful for getting things out of your inventory when you’re deep in Cyrodiil and Tythis won’t come get your loot.

monkey, what great luck with your naked crafter! Congratulations! That may be the best possible drop from craftapalooza!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 9 2019, 02:21 PM
Post #3445

Councilor
Group Icon

I got the robe from Grits successfully, and of course the very next crafting writ gave me a duplicate. But we do now know they can be mailed, if anyone finds they have a gap at the end of the week. I suspect they are the new jester's banner, though.

We're getting five or six motif pages and about the same number of furnishing plans from each day's anniversary crafting boxes, so Laurie and Blossom are learning well. And since my crew all are L50 in each craft, we're getting a decent number of master writs coming in, although they're mostly the small ones. The furnishing plans have included Murkmire ones, and so far haven't duplicated anything Laurie knew. I don't recall if any were better than blue.

No blockbuster rewards here, just steady progress.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 15 2019, 01:59 PM
Post #3446

Councilor
Group Icon

We hit max tickets again this weekend, so spent some on Lyris pages, and as it turned out, made the right choices. Decided not to buy the chest, and got that page from an anniversary box in the next round of delves. I think we now have the set, as well as a lot of Trinimac and Malacath pages, but no Briarheart rings. Lyris pages aren't the inventory-clogging oversupply that the Prophet ones were, probably because you can't do delves as fast as you can crafting. I suspect the Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan ones will be significantly rarer, and we may have to get those as a team.

My crew were doing Undaunted delves (for the Undaunted passives) and the two dailies in Wrothgar (for the Briareart drops). The World Bosses had a decent amount of players waiting for them to respawn, so no solo heroics were needed (although I did have to charge in and start things a couple of times - nobody wants to be the first). We got a lot of Briarheart pieces, but no rings. RNG knows what you want.

All the double XP is raising our CP nicely, too.

@Grits: Did your Level 49 character finally make champ?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 15 2019, 04:22 PM
Post #3447

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 15 2019, 08:59 AM) *

@Grits: Did your Level 49 character finally make champ?

Almost! She’s about to hike across the Rift on an Undaunted delve daily. That might put her over the top. She got most of the way through her 40s doing the mountain of Alchemy Master Writs that I had saved up.

Jerric’s crew hasn’t gotten any Lyris pages in their gift boxes, but they’ve only done a handful due to me being busy and the delves taking a while. They will probably buy at least the chest and legs from what’s-her-name using tickets. I haven’t checked guild stores yet, but I’m guessing these are expensive.

Edit: She made it! Now she's wandering around the Domus in her underwear, waiting for Elke to make her some new stuff.

This post has been edited by Grits: Apr 15 2019, 05:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 15 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #3448

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 15 2019, 11:22 AM) *

Edit: She made it! Now she's wandering around the Domus in her underwear, waiting for Elke to make her some new stuff.

Clark is on his way over to peek!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 18 2019, 01:40 PM
Post #3449

Councilor
Group Icon

As soon as we determined that we had all the Lyris pages, they started appearing in every anniversary gift box. Let me know what you need!

We have managed one Briarheart ring, blue but robust, from doing both the Wrothgar dailies on as many characters as I have time for. Some of the time also has to go for the Undaunted daily delve, as everyone needs the passives, and several of the crew are still only rank 3. At one point we had a complete set of Briartheart to deconstruct, apart from jewels - i.e. a piece for each armour slot, plus weapon and shield. I should have kept the helmet, as Taminwe is using a placeholder before chasing an Undaunted one. That could have been the fifth of the set, if I'd thought about it. kvright.gif

Motif pages are more duplicates than I'd hoped. Laurie doesn't have that many complete styles, so there was the prospect of filling in the gaps in a few, but Blossom is getting more than she does (as Laurie passes down the ones she can't use).

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 18 2019, 01:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 18 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #3450

Paladin
Group Icon

Between a moderate number of anniversary boxes mostly from undaunted delves and keeping her tix counter at/below 12/12, Buffy ended up with all the Lyris pieces except the axe. Then, as ghastley experienced above, she began getting a couple duplicate Lyris pieces that went into the guild bank.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 22 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #3451

Councilor
Group Icon

I haven't been chasing the pages this week. Whether that's because it's PvP week, or I just don't care for the Tharn style, I'm uncertain. I did pick up a couple for tickets, as I'd hit the cap again (too much cake).

The only venture into BG's was Wizwen, who needed Warhorn, and hadn't quite got it.

Unna went exploring Elsweyr on the PTS. She found all the wayshrines, and one of the skyshards, did a delve and checked out the gates to the adjacent zones. It connects to Reaper's March near Fort Sphinxmoth and Grahtwood near the Goronir Estate, but we haven't looked at the locations in live to compare.

I think the latter gate previously led directly between Grahtwood and Reaper's March, but now there's more in between. I should check the previous gate in Reaper's March to see if it's still there.

We also previewed the Grand Topal island, and swam all the way around it. There doesn't seem to be any way to access the volcano half, but the space is huge! I could put all my other properties on the beach. If there was a way to purchase for gold, we'd be on it.

That triggered off a desire to make some Argonian woven furnishings. Laurie knows a couple of Murkmire ones, but they need Hackwing Plumage, which can only be obtained by deconstructing Elder Argonian armour, and the few pieces she had didn't yield any. We did get some crocodile leather from the Dead-Water pieces, but that drops in the crates, too, and you don't use it for furnishings. Fortunately, the plans calling for the Hackwing Plumage only need one.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 22 2019, 09:30 PM
Post #3452

Mouth
Group Icon

With no discount sales of Elsweyr in sight, I caved and bought it at full price. Most other chapters i was...apprehensive about, to say the least, but tbh this is one Chapter I'm kind of okay paying full price. Bring on the Cats.

I'm also not doing the Event until the last week

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 24 2019, 12:00 PM
Post #3453

Councilor
Group Icon

I am super excited for cat land!

My laptop just can't manage this game any more, so Jerric has been binging on cake for tickets and doing a few writs every day to stay "active." The crew did a couple of delves and I think one Cyrodiil scouting mission before deciding to wait for a new machine.

The PTS runs better for me, so maybe I'll fool around there for a bit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 24 2019, 03:55 PM
Post #3454

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 8 2019, 03:41 PM) *

I've just been tossing the Prophet style pages starting on the second day of the event tbh. I got them all pretty quickly, and there's so many out there that their value is pretty much dead (plus they don't stack in your inventory and can't be banked)

On the outfit itself, I'm surprised to find out that the Prophet had a matching pair of pajama bottoms under his robe. This whole time I assumed he was pantsless. :v

Anyway, I'm more concerned about getting Welkynar motifs (as they're the most expensive right now) as well as Silver Dawn and Huntsman (just so I don't have to buy them myself). No luck with Welkynar so far, but I did get one of each of the other two so there's that.

Oh, that's right. I also ended up screeching for a while when I got this last night with the annual It's Another Crafter. Might make another for the last few days (and to have it ready for the last week)

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 24 2019, 04:13 PM
Post #3455

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 24 2019, 07:00 AM) *

I am super excited for cat land!

My laptop just can't manage this game any more, so Jerric has been binging on cake for tickets and doing a few writs every day to stay "active." The crew did a couple of delves and I think one Cyrodiil scouting mission before deciding to wait for a new machine.

The PTS runs better for me, so maybe I'll fool around there for a bit.

If you have Master Merchant or Tamriel Trade Center add-ons installed; they use a whopping amount of resources. You can remove them and just Google Tamriel Trade Center for prices or you can link the item in chat and say "Looking for Price" (or LFP) in the chat box to get prices.

I've dropped down to just one character using Master Merchant; and that has helped the other characters move A LOT better. (just make sure the character with Master Merchant isn't one you want to play with, or it will be jerking the frame rate to the point it will make you have motion sickness. A bank mule would be best for it).

And if you don't absolutely need them, remove them completely; don't just turn them off in game. They use too many resources even just sitting.

Harvest Map also uses enormous resources. If you don't need it, take it out; but if you want it you can also set it to only show markers in your current location = that frees up your game a lot too.

"Idle Animations" add-on can eat some resources too. I've taken it off my main Player characters.

"Dressing Room" add-on is extremely bad on your game.

Also, in Settings you can change your graphics to medium or remove things like god-rays, grass, blooming, etc.

NVidia has a way you can set it to "Performance" rather than "Quality."

You can try cleaning your internet cookies; do a disk cleanup and defrag your hard drive; run an error check on your hard drive. (all that should be done monthly anyway as regular maintenance; but maybe it needs some extra help right now).

Try running a full system scan with your antivirus, and if it has a performance cleaner run a scan with it too.

If possible; put your laptop on an elevated rack with a grid surface like you would use to cool cakes on and put a fan nearby to blow under the laptop to keep it cooler = never let it sit on any type of rug or bedding; they overheat it and the static from them messes with laptops.

Lastly = right now the game is lagging due to so many people on for these events = the servers are overloaded. My game is so choppy right now that it is making me seasick; so like you I have just been logging on and doing writs and using this time to clean out my inventories.

It should ease up when the events end. (It will get bad again when Elsweyr drops; but only for the first week or so).

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 24 2019, 04:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 26 2019, 04:10 PM
Post #3456

Councilor
Group Icon

I need to review my Add-ons, too. I suspect that I can remove the libraries, as the add-ons are supplying their own copies, and not using the "common" ones at all.

I have the Harvest Map, which I was trying out to optimise the search for the Briarheart Rings for Taminwe, but she has enough now, and I can probably drop it again.

The Skyshards one I couldn't live without, but the surveys have become so familiar that I'm not sure I need them on the map any more. I've never added Lorebooks, as they show up often enough that I'm not hunting them.

Craft Store is still in use for tracking what research pieces I need. I may change to a different one just for writ simplification when the rest of the crew fills in their trait grids. But once I get Jewel crafting, I'll need it again.

I need to learn how to make to most of EHT. I'm using it mostly to have a home per character, instead of just for the whole account. /sethome and /home get a lot of use.

Personality Idles may go. If my character is idle, I really don't care what they do, and nothing would be fine. There are a few that it uses that get annoying, and they are used at inappropriate times, like while talking to the banker. Wizwen pulled out a torch and stuck in his face recently. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 26 2019, 05:01 PM
Post #3457

Ancient
Group Icon

Have they started supplying their own libraries again? They used to, but suddenly last year they decided it was easier to post the libraries separately so several different add-ons could use the same one and not overload your add-on folder with numerous copies of the same library. It seems like just months ago that I had to download a bunch of libraries to make my add-ons work again.

I'm like you on the Skyshards one, it is probably my most necessary add-on.

Idle Animations = can't use it if you play a Tank; they start going into animations while you are taunting the bosses. I've taken it off all three of my Player characters; only my bank mules use it.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 26 2019, 05:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 28 2019, 02:35 AM
Post #3458

Councilor
Group Icon

Taking out Personality Idles has revealed why only Floozie was spinning to face the camera in menus. PI stops that, and she was the only character not using one. Now they all annoy me. biggrin.gif

Some redistribute the libraries because they depend on the latest versions. Others are less sensitive, and use the shared ones. I had to leave them in place.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 28 2019, 03:59 PM
Post #3459

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m using the Minimum setting and only have a handful of add-ons. Trait Buddy, Master Recipe List, Map Pins, and Lazy Writ Crafter. Jerric has a fishing one, but it’s disabled for everyone else. They seem to have switched back to separate libraries.

Is next week the return of the Craftpocalypse Writnado? I’ll drag Jerric’s crew around the stations for that.

I want to have a new laptop by Elsweyr. I am so excited to meet all the cats!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 28 2019, 04:23 PM
Post #3460

Paladin
Group Icon

Yup, next week is the 5th and final week of the anniversary event - May 2-9. Any / all dailies from previous weeks are fair game (writs, delves, etc) and I think the Empressario may offer styles from all four of the Companions.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 171 172 173 174 175 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:40 AM