Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Vault Tek Announcement
Arcry
post Jun 3 2015, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Agent

Ladies, gentlemen, and mutants their upon, I would like to direct your attention to a scheduled announcement from your friends at Vault-Tec! Please see the enclosed notice.

-Enclosed notice-

This post has been edited by Arcry: Jun 3 2015, 04:10 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 3 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcry @ Jun 3 2015, 11:08 AM) *

Ladies, gentlemen, and mutants their upon, I would like to direct your attention to a scheduled announcement from your friends at Vault-Tec! Please see the enclosed notice.

-Enclosed notice-

I got it in my email box too!

KABOOOOOOOOOOM !!!!!!!!

*mALX's head explodes*

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 3 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

So they are announcing that they will be announcing the game in a week and a half? I just love corporations. It's like the soft opening vs. grand opening in Oceans 13.

When is opening night?
July the 3th.
Got fireworks the stroke of midnight the whole charade.
Are we going in now? It's already open.
No, it's a soft opening.
To test the place before the grand opening.
Yeah it's kinda like a out of town preview on the town.
Soft opening? Grand opening?
When they opened the Flamingo one day it was closed the next day it was open.
End of story.

I wonder if any of that was actual gameplay footage? Obviously the pre-war stuff was all just artwork done for the trailer. But a lot of the other stuff looked like it might have been rendered in the game itself.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 3 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

I like what theyve shown of the setting. This is the first time Ive been excited about a Fallout game. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 3 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

I saw dogs, deathclaws, and power armour. Everything seems to be in order.

Bit strange to have a voiced character in a trailer though. Where's my silent protagonist?

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 3 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

I saw December 31, 2015 as a release date verysad.gif

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 3 2015, 01:20 PM) *

I wonder if any of that was actual gameplay footage? Obviously the pre-war stuff was all just artwork done for the trailer. But a lot of the other stuff looked like it might have been rendered in the game itself.

Maybe, but my son and I were wondering if they are going to have us Player's experience the initial drop of bombs and having to get into the vault (111). Like maybe we start off in that house and have to run up that hill to the vault with the crowds - maybe as that baby in the crib or something. Then maybe have a time lapse like they did when we were babies in Fallout 3; then we have to emerge (or something).

And it looked a lot like Boston to me, the water was to the east of the land; old time-y ships in the harbor, etc. And the architecture of the houses most def looked Bostonian.

Did anyone recognize any landmarks in that vid? I didn't, but haven't been to Boston before.

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 3 2015, 01:43 PM) *

I saw dogs, deathclaws, and power armour. Everything seems to be in order.

Bit strange to have a voiced character in a trailer though. Where's my silent protagonist?

I wondered about that too. Well, most of it was the radio announcer's voice; and they always have the "War never changes" in the trailers. But deathclaws, and they were looking at the power armor as if it was a relic of the past, which in light of the radio broadcast might mean a new battle - especially with the starships overhead in this one.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 3 2015, 07:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 3 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 3 2015, 07:42 PM) *

And it looked a lot like Boston to me, the water was to the east of the land; old time-y ships in the harbor, etc. And the architecture of the houses most def looked Bostonian.

Did anyone recognize any landmarks in that vid? I didn't, but haven't been to Boston before.

According to some folks on the internet, there were some Boston landmarks. That means nothing to me but I gather there were a lot of people hoping for Boston.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 3 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 3 2015, 03:04 PM) *

According to some folks on the internet, there were some Boston landmarks. That means nothing to me but I gather there were a lot of people hoping for Boston.

I didn't see the Stump anywhere. Wait a moment, I think they might have meant the other Boston. tongue.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 3 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Paul Revere statue, Old Ironsides, and that gold domed building that I forget what it is. I'm sure other people can identify the ballpark, but they all look pretty similar to me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 3 2015, 08:54 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 3 2015, 03:48 PM) *

Paul Revere statue, Old Ironsides, and that gold domed building that I forget what it is. I'm sure other people can identify the ballpark, but they all look pretty similar to me. biggrin.gif

WOO HOO! Finally someone who can point the Boston landmarks out to me! Thank you, Thank you! I was going to Google Boston and dig around till i found some similar scenes, lol. All I knew was the old time-y ships and the Boston Harbor; and is the Liberty Bell there? I can't remember for some reason.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 3 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

The Liberty Bell is in Philly, so Im glad I didnt spot that in the trailer!

Im super excited that its Boston. smile.gif

Im not going to worry about player voices at this point. I took that to be a way of getting the war line into the trailer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 3 2015, 09:17 PM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 3 2015, 07:42 PM) *

I've been rooting for Boston since those documents were leaked in 2013. It sounded too legit, and so Kotaku thought or they wouldn't have risked posting it as a news article.

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 3 2015, 03:59 PM) *

The Liberty Bell is in Philly, so Im glad I didnt spot that in the trailer!

Im super excited that its Boston. smile.gif

Im not going to worry about player voices at this point. I took that to be a way of getting the war line into the trailer.

I don't know why I couldn't remember about where the Liberty Bell was, how embarrassing! Thank you for letting me know, lol.

One voice that I heard we will hear is 3 Dog's. I am glad of that, I liked hearing him in the background of my game, lol.

Oh, I'll bet you start out as the baby in that house and then get to go back in after the bombs drop and explore the rubble of your own former home!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jun 3 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

It looked like that baby was outside the vault with it's mother when the bomb went off.

Anyway, just a few thoughts...

Looking at the trailer, looks like the Enclave are back again, possibly more prominent than they were in Fallout 3.

Then there's the question of the power armour, since there are two different sets seen: one in the vertibird(?), the other a rebuilt relic(the shoulders are different).

Brotherhood of Steel resistance in an Enclave dominated area possibly?

And it doesn't look like the area was hit too badly either. Seems like there's been a lot of rebuilding there too.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 3 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Fallout! Nice!

So... Is cannibalism in again?

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 3 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jun 3 2015, 04:59 PM) *

It looked like that baby was outside the vault with it's mother when the bomb went off.

Anyway, just a few thoughts...

Looking at the trailer, looks like the Enclave are back again, possibly more prominent than they were in Fallout 3.

Then there's the question of the power armour, since there are two different sets seen: one in the vertibird(?), the other a rebuilt relic(the shoulders are different).

Brotherhood of Steel resistance in an Enclave dominated area possibly?

And it doesn't look like the area was hit too badly either. Seems like there's been a lot of rebuilding there too.

These are some great observations, you have a real eye for detail!

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jun 3 2015, 05:28 PM) *

Fallout! Nice!

So... Is cannibalism in again?

What is that strange meat you are eating? GAAAAAAH!!!!

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jun 4 2015, 12:12 AM
Post #16

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I can hardly wait. Fallout is probably my favorite game series in existence. Guess I'll have to get an Xbox One now.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2015, 02:01 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

I wonder if they will have a 'Field of Dreams' reference in Fenway Park - like Archibald "Moonlight" Graham; or "Go the Distance."

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2015, 02:29 AM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh, and maybe the dog is part of a quest to get him as a companion; where either he brings you to your former home or you find it and he is there (because he was the one that went to the empty crib!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 4 2015, 02:53 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

I've never played Fallout. Any of them. Post-Apocalyptic series with mutants and zombies and rusty malfunctioning mechanix never appealed to me all that much.

But OMG! The DOG! If dogs are rendered like that in-game, I just might get Fallout IV just for the DOG!

PS I'm very partial to GSDs simply because my first best friend had a most awesome GSD who loved to greet me with muddy paws on my shoulders and slobbery tongue on my face whenever I came over to the house. Kerri and Babe were part of 4H and did very well in the dog obedience classes at the County Fairs. Kerri used ASL with Babe (she was deaf like me). They shared the same joie de vivre and I adored the both of them. I miss them both, and am always looking for Babe in every GSD I meet.

And this Fallout DOG could be Babe reincarnated!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2015, 03:01 AM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jun 3 2015, 09:53 PM) *

I've never played Fallout. Any of them. Post-Apocalyptic series with mutants and zombies and rusty malfunctioning mechanix never appealed to me all that much.

But OMG! The DOG! If dogs are rendered like that in-game, I just might get Fallout IV just for the DOG!

PS I'm very partial to GSDs simply because my first best friend had a most awesome GSD who loved to greet me with muddy paws on my shoulders and slobbery tongue on my face whenever I came over to the house. Kerri and Babe were part of 4H and did very well in the dog obedience classes at the County Fairs. Kerri used ASL with Babe (she was deaf like me). They shared the same joie de vivre and I adored the both of them. I miss them both, and am always looking for Babe in every GSD I meet.

And this Fallout DOG could be Babe reincarnated!

Wait, you wrote a Sci-Fi story that reminded me strongly of the Broken Steel questline in Fallout 3; and you wrote it BEFORE the Fallout 3 game came out!

So read that story you wrote again, and you will want to play!

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:09 PM