Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

132 Pages V « < 123 124 125 126 127 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Skyrim (Spoilerific), Like the other one, but with added spoilers!!!
Renee
post Nov 26 2017, 12:35 AM
Post #2481

Councilor
Group Icon

I can't help but look upwards whenever my character even walks underwater. smile.gif I'll pan the camera down so that it's below his or her feet, just to see that cool visual effect.

Lopov & Acadian: Surprisingly, I didn't take very many pics when I was gaming with Vyvoor last spring, but I'll definitely include more.

Bethesda seems to expect everyone to just swim around in the frozen ocean. I guess the idea of roleplaying never occurred to them.

Exactly. It's like what the heck?

-------------------------------------

Turdas, late afternoon, Heartfire 11

Days Passed: 25

Locations Discovered: 32
Dungeons Cleared: 6
Chests Looted: 40

Sir Vyvoor finds the town of Vernim Wood* the day before, finds the cave he's supposed to explore, but decides to rest in town before dealing with this cave. On Turdas, he spends the first half of the day re-finding Stony Creek Cave, kills all the bandits in there, and then returns to Vernim Wood, where he does some buying & selling. Hmm. Money is still really short. He's got about 156 gold on him, nowhere near his goal of 500.

He begins heading back to Windhelm anyway. Maybe the two contracts he's fulfilled (one for Stony Creek, and another for Traitor's Post) will earn him lots of gold.

But on the way back, he can't help but notice some worn stone steps leading up a steep hill. Really hungry for a place to loot, he follows these steps and discovers Mzulft, his first Dwemer ruin. Yeah, Windhelm can wait. Let's see what's in Mzulft.

Turns out, the place is locked, and "Needs a Key." But there is also a storeroom located nearby, and though this storeroom is also locked, its mechanisms are nowhere near as secure. Vyvoor manages to find an iron mace nearby (on a dead body, yuck) and bashes his way into the storeroom. And it's a good thing too. There's no real treasure or gold in there, but there are 17 dwarven ingots. Vyvoor lugs all these back to Vernim Wood, and sells each ingot for 10 gold.

So now he's up to 346 gp. biggrin.gif

* TES 1 Arena Townships adds various towns and villages found in the first Bethesda Elder Scrolls game.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 26 2017, 12:53 AM
Post #2482

Ancient
Group Icon

That always looks like Vermin Wood to me. Not a place I would care to visit... ohmy.gif

I think Mzulft is part of the College of Winterhold questline. The main ruin is locked out. But there is a little storehouse nearby that is packed with Dwemer stuff. If you have a high enough lockpicking to get past the doors.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 26 2017, 01:27 AM
Post #2483

Ancient
Group Icon

Hecate just did the Season Unending quest - the part of the Main Quest where you have to broker a ceasefire between the Empire and the Rebellion Stormcloaks. Wow, this is just bad. Really bad. Trading holds around is how you make people stop fighting for a few days? What donkey wrote that?

For that matter, Jarl Baalgruuf is afraid someone is going to attack him when he has a dragon in his hold? Really? Who is going to be dumb enough to attack a place with a dragon in it!!! Did they all forget how things worked out for the humans at Helgen? Having a dragon around is the best way to keep attackers at bay.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 26 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #2484

Paladin
Group Icon

I see SV is earning his gold the old fashioned way - smashing locks and lugging dwarven ingots out of dark places. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 26 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #2485

Ancient
Group Icon

I B38T the MQ like a red-haired stepchild last night. It was... well... probably the least enjoyable of the TES games I have played. Only the Fallout 4 one was less fun over all (because of how that one forces the faction quests into its main quest).

It had its good points. The dragon fights were exciting, at first. But eventually they devolve into the same tedium that fighting cliffracers did in Morrowind. And I used the console to turn off the random dragon spawns after the first or second one of those. Once I realized I was getting random dragons and was not seeing the ones from the opened dragon tombs/word walls. I still have far more dragon souls absorbed than shouts I can spend them on. Not that I really found much use for the shouts at all. Except for a few that are required for certain quests, I almost never used them. Spells are much better. They contribute to you leveling up, and don't have a long cool-down time in between uses.

Sovngarde was really cool, for the five minutes I got to look around.

OTOH there is a lot of weak writing. I think much of it is simply an excuse to get the player to visit different corners of Skyrim, like Solitude and Riften and The Reach. The way the civil war questline is tied into the mq (and vice-versa) also strikes me as the same. It is Todd Howard's ham-fisted way of trying to force you to do every single quest in the game with a single character. The way Delphine and the Blades try to give you - the Dragonborn they are sworn to serve - orders really sticks in my craw. Especially since the game does not allow you to simply kill the lippy punks (well Delphine, Esbern is still mostly cool, and was actually useful at a few points).

I don't think I will ever do it again. All in all I prefer the game without constant cliffracer dragon fights, upstart servants, and a civil war that is as murky as it is pointless.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 27 2017, 11:05 AM
Post #2486

Master
Group Icon

The farthest I got with Skyrim's MQ was with Lucius and that was to the Season Unending quest. Then I simply lost interest in pursuing the quest any further. I spoiled myself by reading on the UESP what happens afterwards and I think I didn't miss out much.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 1 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #2487

Ancient
Group Icon

Hecate has been in Solstheim for the past few days. The first time she tried to sleep, she woke up at one of the All-Maker Stones as usual. I forgot that it did that every time you slept until the main quest was done. So there was no sleeping for quite a while.

She finally learned the Bend Will shout and started cleansing the All-Maker stones. She got the one by the Skaal Village, and another one with some Reiklings to the south (near the Temple of Miraak). Then she got the two on the west coast, including the one outside of Raven Rock.

Hecate tried sleeping after that, and worked fine! So that is good news. Maybe you just need to cleanse the stone near where you are sleeping in order to sleep normally?

Also interesting, in order to get the Bend Will shout Hecate had to kill a dragon at the word wall at Saering's Watch. Miraak appeared and stole the soul before Hecate could absorb it. I understand this is normal until you kill him. But while cleansing the All-Maker Stone north of Bloodskaal Barrow a dragon turned up. Hecate killed it, and absorbed its soul.

So perhaps Miraak can only steal dragon souls when near the All-Maker Stones that are corrupted, but not the cleansed ones?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 1 2017, 12:55 AM
Post #2488

Councilor
Group Icon

Miraak stealing souls is just random, and he can even do it when you return to the mainland.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 1 2017, 02:41 AM
Post #2489

Councilor
Group Icon

Cripes, Rosa, you're already done? laugh.gif That was quick. And now here comes slow me, who will probably not even get halfway through the MQ until 2022 and ES 6 on the shelves.

--------------------------

Sundas, 1:20 AM, Heartfire 14

Days Passed: 28

Gold Found: 2536 (damn... he really has little to show for this, lol).

Most Gold Carried: 762 (yeah that must be a glitch).

Back in Windhelm, Sir Vyvoor gets paid twice: first time was 50 gold, from one of the ship captains for killing the bandits at Traitor's Post. But that was nothing compared to the 100 gold Vyvoor got paid from the Jarl's steward, for taking down the bandits of Stony Creek Cave. Vyvoor was up to 412!

Unfortunately, he decided to gorge himself over at Candlehearth Hall. He had a big, well-deserved dinner, but then he splurged, and wasted 63 gold on a bottle of alto wine. Soon as he did it, I sort of facepalmed. The guy has a taste for booze? ... He does though. And I feel like he's got some reason for this in his backstory.

Later on as he was leaving Candlehearth, Vyvoor noticed Suzanna the Wicked (Candlehearth's bar-wench) was also leaving. .... Now, I happen to know that Suzanna is one of the people who get murdered in Windhelm, she is part of that quest. But beside this, Vyvoor began walking Suzanna home, because he's heard about these murders, and simply wanted to walk her home, because he's a man, and that's what men do.

Suzanna does not go home though, I'm not sure she even has a home. Vyvoor spoke with her for awhile; but eventually he began getting ultra-tired. He'd been up since 7 that morning, and now it was way past midnight. He returned to the Temple of Talos for several hours' rest.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 1 2017, 04:02 AM
Post #2490

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa, enjoy Solstheim with Hecate! Buffy could never get through the main questline there. Faced with betraying the Skall and working with Hermie Skumlord, she just couldn't stomach it. kvright.gif

Renee, I see SV has a taste for wine and a streak of chivalry! And more gold than he did at the beginning of the day. Nice. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Acadian: Dec 1 2017, 04:06 AM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 1 2017, 07:59 AM
Post #2491

Master
Group Icon

So that is good news. Maybe you just need to cleanse the stone near where you are sleeping in order to sleep normally?

I think that's correct.

I kinda enjoyed the MQ on Solstheim (did it in Lucius' game) though as Acadian pointed out, it requires you to do some nasty things here and there. I liked Solstheim in general, they did good job with it, the island was interesting to explore, and overall I found its quests better than in Skyrim, namely the one where you have to prevent the assassination of the Counciloor and the one where you venture into an abandoned ebony mine are among my favorite quests.

@Renee - if you feel like Sir Vyvoor doesn't earn enough septims for clearing out bandit lairs, you can increase bounties with Increased Bounty Rewards mod though rewards are static but there's another mod where you manually decide how much you want to be paid for bounties plus you get a minor level-dependent bonus.

Nice that she accompanied Susanna home, I don't like seeing her getting killed, she's a far too interesting NPC to be removed so early in the game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 2 2017, 03:04 AM
Post #2492

Ancient
Group Icon

I figured out the sleeping situation in Solstheim. It is tied to the Cleansing The Stones quest. If you try to sleep before you start the quest you always end up working on one of the stones. Once you start actually cleansing the stones, there is a percentage chance of you working on the stones. That goes down as you cleanse more stones. Once you complete the quest, the chance is none. This does include the Tree Stone in Miraak's Temple.

Renee, I think Sir V needs to find a better paying gig! laugh.gif "You want to buy or sell, the City is great. You want free? Go down the holes, kill some monsters. Sell your loot back in the city!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 2 2017, 05:23 PM
Post #2493

Councilor
Group Icon

SubRosa: OH yeah, he'll be going down plenty of holes to kill some monsters. tongue.gif Makes me happy too, because some of mine aren't interested in dungeoneering much.

Acadian: Wow, you're right! Yes, what a perfect word: chivalry. viking.gif

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 1 2017, 01:59 AM) *

@Renee - if you feel like Sir Vyvoor doesn't earn enough septims for clearing out bandit lairs, you can increase bounties with Increased Bounty Rewards mod

Huh? blink.gif Thou must perish thine thought upon this matter, me lad!

Kidding. I added a quest to Cho's game so he can make some caps, but that was only because the Brotherhood really sucks at paying him. I don't know what Beth was thinking with the Citadel and their lack of funding during Broken Steel. ES games do fund the player for his/her efforts here and there, thankfully.

Well cool, I am caught up on back-updates for his Vyvoor's game. Anything after the update below will be more current.

--------------------------------------

Sundas, 1:20 AM, Heartfire 14

Days Passed: 29

Sir Vyvoor takes the plunge, and spends 500 gold on a brand-new longboat. And wow, it is really fun having a boat! ?

The boat in this mod is similar to the ones found in TES 1: Arena, which has boats that can be moved around in 1st person mode only. Anyway, Vyvoor set right off to sea, heading to the north. It will be a rather long journey.

early afternoon

Vyvoor passes by an island with a shipwreck on it, and encounters a group of bandits who've been living on this shipwrecked vessel a while, apparently. He approached these bandits in a friendly sort of manner at first, assuming they were victims of stranding. But this didn't last long.

He manages to find some food on the 'Wreck of the Winter War', and spends the night sleeping here. It took him three days to make it to the island with the ice wraith on it. He ran out of food on his first day, returned to the Winter War on the second day (and spent the night here), and finally managed to get to Serpent Stone Island on day 3. Now he heads back to Windhelm, hoping to get there by nightfall.

We're gonna need a smaller boat (ha).

Paddling along

Onshore action

Moored ashore (note how the boat gets half-full of sand as it clips onto the beach!

This guy's happy in cold water.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 2 2017, 06:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 2 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #2494

Master
Group Icon

Row, row, row your boat!

That's a neat mod but with Frostfall it definitely adds a challenge to the rowing, you don't want to fall in that icy water.

Sir Vyvoor against the Thalmor Justiciar. Sooner or later everyone is against the Thalmor.

The boat looks great ashore.

At least 'someone' likes cold water.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 2 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #2495

Ancient
Group Icon

Neat Rowboat. I am going to give it a try.

Ooops, Captain V's boat got buried! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 3 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #2496

Paladin
Group Icon

Well I'll be a horker's uncle! SV has a boat. So did he bag his ice wraith? tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 24 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #2497

Councilor
Group Icon

Turdas, early morn, 19th of Heartfire, 4th Era Year 401

Level: 9
Days Passed: 32

Sir Vyvoor returned to Windhelm the day before, but felt too drained to face the Jarl. After selling a few things (including a magical necklace which netted him 147 gold) Vyvoor finally had some decent coin in his pocket.

But after a good night's sleep (still in the Chapel of Talos, he won't splurge 50 gold on a room) Vyvoor is ready for Ulfric. He marches right into the Palace of Kings, wearing his Stormcloak armor for best effect.

"I have returned."

At first, nobody is in attendance. He must wait just over an hour until Ulfric finally shows. And when he finally does, he saunters into court so slowly, Vyvoor must temper his enthusiasm.

"I have returned," he tries again.

"Why are you still here?" Jarl Ulfric asks with a frown that could slaughter weak men. "You're supposed to be in Korvanjund, to meet Galmar. Proving him right or proving him wrong."

Vyvoor stands embarassed. He cannot believe it. "I ... I've come all this way to..... I... but I just want to join the Stormcloaks. Must I go through all that trouble?"

"You fight for the men you've held in your arms, dying on foreign soil!" Ulfric's booming voice echoed all over the main palace hall. "You fight for their wives and children, whose names are heard whispered in their last breaths. You fight for we few who did come home, only to find our coun...."

But then, just at that moment, there was some sort of commotion going on in the court. All eyes turned toward the Palace's main entrance, where there was a sudden blur of fur.

"WHOT? What by Talos is that cat doing here?!"

Ulfric and Vyvoor's conversation was abruptly interrupted by a Khajiit in ragged robes that came running from the palace's barracks. The Khajiit jumped on the long dining table and was running in the direction of Ulfric, before he realized that the exit out of the palace was on the other side.

"Oops, wrong way."

The Khajiit turned around and ran down the table, nocking fine silver plates with delicacies cooked by Sifnar Ironkettle, the Jarl's cook, all over the hall. By then a dozen of Stormcloak soldiers stormed in the hall, all of them after the Khajiit who managed to escape from his cell.

"Someone stop him NOW!" Ulfric shouted, but the guards had already began to move, quickly vacating the place with haste. Once they were gone, Ulfric, Vyvoor, and Jarleif (Ulfric's trusty steward) stood looking dazed, their jaws slack, at the complete mess the Khajiit had left behind.

"I uh. Guess I'll be on my way then. To find Galmar outside of Korvanjund."

Ulfric nodded, slouching on his throne. Even after all that commotion, he hadn't broken his slouch.

---------------

Vyvoor approaches Ulfric

The mess that got left behind.

Dang. Couldn't find any pictures of your Khajiit there, Lopov. hehe.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 24 2017, 09:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 25 2017, 12:50 AM
Post #2498

Ancient
Group Icon

Sheshko photo-bombed Sir V's big moment! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 25 2017, 01:01 AM
Post #2499

Paladin
Group Icon

By Talos' hairy backsides! Nothing worse than a cat that isn't housebroken! laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 25 2017, 09:03 AM
Post #2500

Master
Group Icon

Hahaha, I didn't expect this reference to Sheshko! biggrin.gif

goodjob.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Dec 25 2017, 09:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

132 Pages V « < 123 124 125 126 127 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:42 PM