Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 62 63 64 65 66 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Acadian
post Feb 19 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #1261

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy doesn't do any smithing and her bow is a summoned one . . . so I just figured that comment is triggered by one's skill in archery - of which she has aplenty.

Anyway, I checked in UESP wiki and was able to confirm my suspicion with this quote in the Archery Skill section:
If your Archery skill is over level 30, guards will occasionally say: "Favor the bow, eh? I'm a sword man myself..."

It does beg the question if you have a skill of say 35 in bow and 95 in one handed and have a massive claymore strapped to your back. Would the game be smart enough to weed out this comment in favor of one that addresses your blade prowess? Since Buffy doesn't know which end of a melee weapon is which, I'll leave finding that out to someone else. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 19 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #1262

Ancient
Group Icon

I use Guard's Equipment comment tweak, which changes the comments guard's make about equipment to reflect what you are actually wearing, not what your skill is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 19 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #1263

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 19 2015, 12:33 PM) *

I use Guard's Equipment comment tweak, which changes the comments guard's make about equipment to reflect what you are actually wearing, not what your skill is.

That makes a lot more sense anyway, imho. Thanks for the link!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 20 2015, 01:44 AM
Post #1264

Paladin
Group Icon

Hmm, a mod where guards pass judgment on your character's fashion sense, eh? I'm just imagining some of the possible comments overheard as almost any of ghastley's characters stroll through town. wink.gif

Can you imagine a whole guard force made up of Radiant Raiment ladies as fashion police? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 23 2015, 05:51 PM
Post #1265

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 19 2015, 07:44 PM) *

Hmm, a mod where guards pass judgment on your character's fashion sense, eh? I'm just imagining some of the possible comments overheard as almost any of ghastley's characters stroll through town. wink.gif

Can you imagine a whole guard force made up of Radiant Raiment ladies as fashion police? biggrin.gif

My ladies tend to avoid the fashion problem completely. biggrin.gif So they wouldn't comment in case it provoked her to cover up.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 5 2015, 11:07 PM
Post #1266

Master
Group Icon

He spotted her grayish skin from a distance and immediately knew that she was of the appropriate race for his collection.

Helsa Braal, a loyal of Vigilant of Stendarr, had just killed a flame atronach, rumored to be created by some elderly woman living close to Riverwood. Her name was supposedly Anise and Helsa was on a mission to put an end to her profane experiments. But behind Helsa's back something far more sinister was approaching, determined to get her untainted soul. The magic struck her and Helsa knew that a soul trap was cast on her. She pulled out her trusted mace, the very same with which she killed the flame atronach, and turned around to face the threat. She expected to see the old woman but her attacker was not a woman and not even a...before she could finish her thoughts and defend herself, the bound dagger struck her neck and Helsa's essence was sucked from her body and a black soul gem in her killer's hands was getting filled with another unlucky soul.

Within a few minutes Helsa was stripped of her robesand new Vigilant of Stendarr was standing next to her. A bit unusual Vigilant he was and he knew this very well, but for what he had in mind, he was certainly dressed more appropriate than before.

A sunny day in Riverwood it was, when the Vigilant of Stendarr was approaching it, passing the old bridge, the only safe point to cross the White River and get to Riverwood. Not many people were outside when he arrived to town. Local drunk Embry was sitting on a bench outside the Sleeping Giant Inn and noticed someone in robes coming to the village but he couldn't care less about who it was. He or she or whatever it was, won't buy him a mead, that's for sure. It never happened. Damned stingy travelers!

The Vigilant of Stendarr passed the inn and headed down the main road until his cold eyes caught something on his left - Riverwood Trader.

"Well one of us has to do something!" said Camilla Valerius to her stubborn brother Lucan who refused to do anything about the golden claw that was stolen from them.

"We are done talking about this, Camilla!" He dearly loved his sister but sometimes she was just as annoying as their late mother, Arkay bless her sould.

"Well what are you going to do then, huh? Let's hear it!" Camilla didn't give up just that easily. She knew very well that her brother could afford to pay some adventurer to retrieve the claw that's been a trademark of their shop for years.

"I said no! No adventures, no theatrics, no thief-chasing!" Lucan was losing his nerves. His sister really didn't know...then he noticed a new customer in his shop, a wizard by his look. He must have stepped inside as he was bickering with Camilla. He surely hoped that their argument wouldn't discourage him from buying anything he got on display, really.

"Oh, a customer. Sorry you had to hear that."

"Stendarr's blessings upon you, Imperial," said the Vigilant and put his smile on display, one which Lucan didn't like at all.

Both Lucan and Camilla often saw Vigilants passing through Riverwood and from time to time they did business with them but they didn't know that they extended their membership to Khajiits as well. Not that it bothered them - a customer was still a customer, no matter his race and profession.

"Your... wife?" asked the Vigilant as Camilla passed him.

"Emm...my sister," replied Lucan, hoping that the Vigilant'd be more interested in his goods than in his sister. There were already Sven and Faendal competing for her hand, and he didn't another adventurer to send her stupid letters. Especially not the one with fur. Not that he was a racist, of course.

"Perfect from the bottom to the top," said the Vigilant and approached Camilla that was beginning to feel uneasy as the dark Vigilant was looking at her.

"Fair lady, allow this humble servant of Stendarr to give you this flower, which I picked today down by the river...as if my God granted me a vision that I shall be blinded by your beauty today."

"Thank you," said Camilla, took a thistle branch from the Vigilant's hand but then looked down, to an empty tankard in front of her. She didn't like the sight of the Vigilant, not because he was a Khajiit but she could hardly look him into his eyes and remain calm. Besides, she noticed that unlike most Khajiits, this one didn't speak in third person. An old Khajiit that she knew when she was a child, once told her, that this was a trait of Khajiits that were shunned from their clans.

And now," said the Vigilant and stepped to the counter,"what do you have for sale, Imperial? Surely not anything Daedric, eh?"

"Everything I've got on display, really."

Lucas felt slightly uneasy as the Vigilant was browsing his goods, as he was searching for something of Daedric origin which would give him a reason to confiscate the item. Of course Lucan wouldn't allow this to happen, he was a merchant and he had rights to sell any item but still, he didn't feel too confident going against this Vigilant. However, he noticed that his customer was mostly interested in spells because he paid special attention to old magic tomes.

"I won't make you richer today," finally said the Vigilant and returned tomes to Lucan.

"Well then I better get back to cleaning the store. What a mess." said Lucan, hoping that the Khajiit would now leave his shop. In case he forgot where the door was, he'd gladly show him.

"Stendarr is ever watchful, Imperials. Remember this." With these words Vigilant left the shop, obviously still remembering where he came in. Both Lucan and Camilla sighed with relief.

"See, sister? You can't even trust Vigilants of Stendarr. This one was odd. And you'd want me to pay these...these adventurers to retrieve our golden claw. Bah!"

Faendal, a wood chopper and a skilled archer, couldn't in his worst nightmare imagine that the hooded Khajiit which was staring at him as he was carrying firewood to Alvor's place, was thinking about how nicely will his soul fit in a black gem. Eyes of the soul collector sentenced Faendal to death.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 6 2015, 01:09 AM
Post #1267

Paladin
Group Icon

Oooh! We learn the Dark One aka Soul Collector is a Khajiit! And nice tidbit from Camilla about why he might not speak in third person. He seems to be amassing quite the collection of filled black soul gems. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 7 2015, 05:16 AM
Post #1268

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa he's khajiit! The dark one is a kitty cat!

I love the dialog!

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 7 2015, 05:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 7 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #1269

Master
Group Icon

It wasn't always easy to take screenies in such a way to hide his tail. cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 8 2015, 09:41 PM
Post #1270

Master
Group Icon

A few years ago in Elsweyr...

Be buried here, Sharkan of Otbatha, murderer, betrayer, defiler,
May your name be forgotten for evermore,
May your deeds be punished by eternal suffering,
May your wicked soul never find peace.

...Khajiits were chanting and sipping sands on their bound kinsman, condemned to be buried alive in a hole in the middle of a desert. As sand was filling his snout so he could barely breathe, he was wishing one thing only - to avoid death, to cut throats of those sipping sands on him, to rip hearts of those that sentenced him to death.

"I'll trade my essence, my soul, I'll trade everything I have if you only give me the chance to escape! Everything! I will trade everything I have!"

He didn't know to whom was he praying, whom was he asking for help, but in that moment unknown force pulled him out of his grave, throwing him amongst his executioners. He didn't know what had just happened, nor did his kinsmen but he recognized this as a last chance to escape. With hands and foot unbound, his executioners stood no chances against him. That was many years ago and ever since then Sharkan was repaying the debt to the Daedric Goddess that saved him on that faithful night. So long as he would follow her orders and please her by entrapping souls, so long his own soul would be safe.

Skyrim, the present...

Faendal chopped a lot of wood this day and now he was ready to enjoy a well-deserved meal. He was hoping to see Camilla earlier and have a word with her but it seemed like Lucan didn't allow her out of their shop again. Oh well. He was buttering the bread when he suddenly felt that he's not alone in his house. And he was right, a few steps away from the table there was the Khajiit standing, the same one which he saw today in the village. He didn't hear him coming which meant that he must have sneaked in. And those that sneak, usually don't have good intentions, figured Faendal.

The black Khajiit was staring at him without saying anything and Faendal felt uneasy so he tried starting a conversation: "Did I see you talking to Sven? Maybe not. Maybe...nevermind. But I would stay away from him if I were you." The Khajiit said nothing, instead raised his hands and blue magic flashed from his left hand, straight to Faendal.

"Last mistake!" yelled Faendal and quickly got up. There was a bounty of 400 septims for assaults in Skyrim but Faendal decided to teach the Khajiit his own lesson in manners. He should have anticipated that this Khajiit didn't come to ask for coin or food, and it seemed like there was a good reason to keep them out of towns. Sadly, there were no guards in Riverwood, that's why riff-raff like him could come and go as they pleased. But now he'll show him - he might be retired but he still knew how to deal with common bandits.

What Faendal couldn't know, is that the late visitor in his house was anything but common. As his bound dagger was causing him severe wounds, Faendal was realizing that he might be nearing the end of his life. But he must fight on, he must fight, fight for Camilla...for all these years he had been hoping to marry her...but now the Khajiit was shattering his dreams.

As he fell on the chest that contained never sent letters to Camilla, barely alive, he felt his soul leaving his old body and he saw the Khajiit holding a black gem high above his head, to where blue magic was traveling, brightening up his small house. "Why...why me?" he asked with his last strength. There was no answer. As the blue light was gone and Faendal's body stopped glowing, the Khajiit whispered:"Explaining why would take too long. Not that you would understand any of it, Bosssmer."

He assumed that Faendal would be missing quickly so he decided to prepare a little surprise for anyone that would find him. Anyone without imagination could kill but Sharkan liked to spice his deeds. And he saw something in Faendal's shack that would allow him to enrich the beautiful art of soul trapping. After accomplishing what he intended, Sharkan left Faendal's house, satisfied, because his satchel was heavier for another soul gem.

Roads were empty as the soul collector left Riverwood.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 8 2015, 11:36 PM
Post #1271

Paladin
Group Icon

Ahah! So now we even have a name to go with this mysterious soul-collecting Kat. As well as a pretty darn engaging background on why he does what he does. Rescued by trading his soul! I'm going to guess that his Daedric patroness is Mephala?

Hmm, if he keeps taking out named NPCs, his game might start to get a bit empty. . . . tongue.gif

Heh, I'll bet folks in Riverwood pin the murder on Sven, with the motive of eliminating his 'Camilla competition'. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 9 2015, 01:40 AM
Post #1272

Ancient
Group Icon

I was thinking Mephalastopheles too. Though then again, since the Black Cat is collecting souls, and souls from black soulgems go to the Soul Carin, perhaps it is the mysterious Ideal Masters?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 9 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #1273

Master
Group Icon

We shall see...but for today let's jump on a bright side. wink.gif

A new flyer appeared on doors of the Retching Netch Cornerclub, the only inn on Solstheim:

There's a new bard in town,
his music won't make you yawn,
so forget your worries and sad stories,
in the evening come to the inn,
and while Geldis serves you some flin,
Shala will make your head spin!

Geldis Sadri, the proprietor of the cornerclub made a deal with Shala to rent him a room for twenty gold instead of usual hundred as long as he'll perform in his inn in the evenings. Shala's performances usually start between 6 - 6:30 PM and last until the last guest leaves which is around midnight. He earns between 40-90 septims per one performance, so he can't complain but he spends quite some of this gold on room and food. When the performance is over, he eats his dinner while chatting with Geldis and before going to sleep, they each drink one mazte together. Shala then goes in his small room and sleeps by noon. The last time he asked captain Gjalund Salt-Sage how far are repairs for the Northern Maiden, he said that things aren't going well so it seems they'll be staying on Solstheim for a long time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 9 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #1274

Councilor
Group Icon

Awww, even in death, Faerendel still dreams of Camilla. wub.gif How romantic. I knew that the 'dark one' has some sort of daedric ties; just knew it!

I don't know why, but every time I read about Shala I just start grinning, and even laughing. biggrin.gif Something about him. But hey, at least he isn't forced to sleep in that cold storage room anymore! rollinglaugh.gif

That is so cool the way he earns money though. It's almost like it's not a videogame anymore.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 9 2015, 11:51 PM
Post #1275

Paladin
Group Icon

Shala's making progress! He's got a real bed now! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 13 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #1276

Councilor
Group Icon

Renee, how neat that Claire can actually bless her companions. Aela’s reaction was priceless. I love how she found Claire again unexpectedly.

Whoa, Sharkan the soul collector is scary. I love his backstory. I’m hooked on his story and interested in hearing more! Nice to hear about Shala’s bard life in Raven Rock.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 16 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #1277

Councilor
Group Icon

I've been doing speed runs to test out the Orc Hearthfires this weekend. I load a save (made with no mods active) at Helgen exit, tweak the character's appearance a bit, and then COC to the site, where I enable the workbenches, and then run a batch file to add all the materials, once we've gone to the table. All that stuff over-encumbers the player.

So Fiona De Fault, Faye De Fault, Fanny De Fault etc. all Breton redheads (but with different hairstyles) have each done this for the hour or so it takes to build and furnish a longhouse.

Flora gets there, takes out her axe to whack the wolf she's expecting near the site (usually a good source of the leather she needs for the Tanning Rack). She finds a Sabre Cat in its place. Dies quickly.

Reload, find a skeever there next time. No pelt, but at least she's alive. Starts making nails at the anvil, and a bunch of bandits run through and attack her. Dies again.

The next time, it's a Stormcloak Patrol.

Her sister Finola got the place built, but we did see a dragon fly over at the end, and a pair of mammoths were attacking something at Greenspring Hollow just down the hill. ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 16 2015, 04:39 PM
Post #1278

Councilor
Group Icon

That’s a fun spot for the stronghold. The last time Mithilion built it he was bitten by three wolves while digging clay. I’ve never had that happen before at the Milkdrinker Hearthfire sites! biggrin.gif

I have a Dunmer lass heading across the bridge from Riften to Largashbur. I expect she will shorty be involved with some orcs and their problems.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 16 2015, 04:42 PM
Post #1279

Councilor
Group Icon

Is this 0.2 or 0.3?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 16 2015, 04:45 PM
Post #1280

Councilor
Group Icon

0.3. I downloaded it I think last night possibly while sleepwalking because I don't remember doing it, and I started a new girl in the cart this morning.

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 62 63 64 65 66 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:58 AM