131 Pages V « < 106 107 108 109 110 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guild Discussion
ghastley
post Jan 19 2021, 03:43 PM
Post #2141

Councilor
Group Icon

No. I’m still rebooting often, when I play ESO. I tried each video card separately, swapped keyboard, mouse, and disconnected anything not essential. It all leaves me thinking motherboard, the one thing I can not swap.

I also do not have enough compatible parts to cobble up an alternate machine to play on. I can get a bit of useful chores done between reboots, so daily riding lessons etc. still happen. Fleur has her 100 master writs done, so we can buy the bathtub plan, and she’s gradually accumulating vouchers for the tables at Hunding’s.

I would have already ordered a new machine, if they didn’t come with windows 10 home. That spends way too much time reporting home to MS for my liking. I may cave in eventually.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 19 2021, 04:09 PM
Post #2142

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 19 2021, 09:43 AM) *

No. I’m still rebooting often, when I play ESO. I tried each video card separately, swapped keyboard, mouse, and disconnected anything not essential. It all leaves me thinking motherboard, the one thing I can not swap.

I also do not have enough compatible parts to cobble up an alternate machine to play on. I can get a bit of useful chores done between reboots, so daily riding lessons etc. still happen. Fleur has her 100 master writs done, so we can buy the bathtub plan, and she’s gradually accumulating vouchers for the tables at Hunding’s.

I would have already ordered a new machine, if they didn’t come with windows 10 home. That spends way too much time reporting home to MS for my liking. I may cave in eventually.

I'll give you a heads-up in advance: the current motherboards will not load anything but windows 10. They won't even boot up the previous OS to Upgrade it to Windows 10; you have to install the Windows 10 OS on them first to even get them to boot at all.

(so keep that in mind when buying the motherboard if you haven't been using a full copy of Windows 10 = may not be able to upgrade anymore; will need to purchase the full copy of Windows 10 OR buy an older motherboard version).

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 19 2021, 04:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 19 2021, 06:36 PM
Post #2143

Councilor
Group Icon

I would be getting a whole new machine (but not monitors etc.) as I've found that power supplies, and all the other parts in that box, tend to die at around the same time, or can't work with the next generation. Memory slots, video slots, all change about as often as the old parts fail (wonder why that is?)

So I'll be backing up all the content I want to preserve from this box, and getting another. Since it works well when I'm not playing games, that's proceeding nicely.

Back to guild-specific stuff: The EU guildhall now has a third crafting station! That puts us only about 300 behind the NA one.

We added an Unchained Aggressor Woodworking station to the Critical Riposte Jewelry and Woodworking ones, as we had a couple of writs for the Bruma Armory. We'd also like to get the Earth Forge and Eyevea stations, but nobody's done those quests lines yet - and probably won't until I get a new machine. Debating the Imperial City ones, too. I've not been there since it was cut off from Cyrodiil, so I don't know how hard it is to get to the crafting locations now.

Edit: We have done the Mages Guild questline (Nadja) and the Fighters Guild one (Tiddli), so now we have access to Eyevea and the Earth Forge. Now to earn all those vouchers ...

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jan 22 2021, 04:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 1 2021, 11:04 PM
Post #2144

Councilor
Group Icon

Meet this Friday. Anyone have any plans/hopes/suggestions?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 1 2021, 11:46 PM
Post #2145

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, Buffy plans on being there but we don't really have any hopes or preferences. Just some possible ideas:

Dancing, drinking Tamikas and chatting about the upcoming changes to the game expected this year.

Something to do with the current Midyear Mayhem though Buffy's capabilities and knowledge are pretty much limited to repairing keeps and doing scouting missions.

Arx Corinium is Redbeard's pledge that day and Buffy's very comfortable in there. Wayrest II is Maj's pledge and it is well beyond Buffy by herself or even a duo due to a harvester boss that pins a player who must be quickly released by the group or die.

Racking up some Undaunted daily delves is very easy but can quite build up some undaunted skill line for anyone who needs it.

WBs are always a reasonable run for a Chorrol group.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 2 2021, 01:44 AM
Post #2146

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 19 2021, 12:36 PM) *

I would be getting a whole new machine (but not monitors etc.) as I've found that power supplies, and all the other parts in that box, tend to die at around the same time, or can't work with the next generation. Memory slots, video slots, all change about as often as the old parts fail (wonder why that is?)

So I'll be backing up all the content I want to preserve from this box, and getting another. Since it works well when I'm not playing games, that's proceeding nicely.

Back to guild-specific stuff: The EU guildhall now has a third crafting station! That puts us only about 300 behind the NA one.

We added an Unchained Aggressor Woodworking station to the Critical Riposte Jewelry and Woodworking ones, as we had a couple of writs for the Bruma Armory. We'd also like to get the Earth Forge and Eyevea stations, but nobody's done those quests lines yet - and probably won't until I get a new machine. Debating the Imperial City ones, too. I've not been there since it was cut off from Cyrodiil, so I don't know how hard it is to get to the crafting locations now.

Edit: We have done the Mages Guild questline (Nadja) and the Fighters Guild one (Tiddli), so now we have access to Eyevea and the Earth Forge. Now to earn all those vouchers ...

Are these all on the EU server?

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 1 2021, 05:04 PM) *

Meet this Friday. Anyone have any plans/hopes/suggestions?

WOO HOO! I'm up for anything; just glad to have someone to play with again!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 2 2021, 08:37 PM
Post #2147

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 1 2021, 07:44 PM) *

Are these all on the EU server?

Yes EU server, as NA's got them all. Fleur just attuned and installed another Unchained Agressor (smithing) so we have a grand total of five!

Fleur is definitely at the beginning end of the curve - doesn't get many master writs, as she doesn't know many motifs, can't do them when she does get one. And the RNG is not playing nice either. She tried to farm Hew's Bane for Outlaw chapters, and got two copies of Heads from Shark's Teeth Grotto, and nothing at all from Bahraha's Gloom, despite killing the Maginifico a dozen times. So she changed the subject and went looking for Ancient Orc instead, cleared Rkindaleft without getting one drop! Gave up in disgust. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 5 2021, 01:36 AM
Post #2148

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric will be there tomorrow! As ever, he is up for anything.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 8 2021, 12:53 AM
Post #2149

Councilor
Group Icon

C'mon. I know there were screenshots taken! biggrin.gif

We just stood around drinking and chatting for a couple of hours, then adjourned over to the island for some equestrianism, if that's the right term when you're riding a stick or a nix-ox.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 10 2021, 05:31 PM
Post #2150

Councilor
Group Icon

How I love a giant flea rodeo. biggrin.gif

NA folks, the new member Jensasummer is just me. (EU folks have already seen her as a result of the great quest for guild bank members. tongue.gif)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 14 2021, 02:58 PM
Post #2151

Councilor
Group Icon

The EU guildhall (Hunding's) now has a Precursor. Tiddli had accidentally picked up a couple of parts, so she decided to get the rest. I'd forgotten that you had to do almost the whole CwC story to get all twelve Now she's in the same "I've started, should I finish?" state with the story-line. She probably will.

No new crafting stations yet. Fleur did a couple more writs, but she's still trying to get the motif chapters from dailies, rather than spend gold, so of course they won't drop for her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 2 2021, 01:12 AM
Post #2152

Paladin
Group Icon

Next guild meeting is scheduled for this Friday (Mar 5). The obvious thing that comes to mind is going for lotsa loot boxes in Morrowind and Clockwork City. Plenty of dailies that can be shared. Anyone up for something like that?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 2 2021, 04:14 PM
Post #2153

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 1 2021, 07:12 PM) *

Next guild meeting is scheduled for this Friday (Mar 5). The obvious thing that comes to mind is going for lotsa loot boxes in Morrowind and Clockwork City. Plenty of dailies that can be shared. Anyone up for something like that?

That seems appropriate. Especially for the WB dailies that I tend to avoid doing solo. Unless they're on a schedule where everyone gets the same quest, I always seem to be the only one at mine. ohmy.gif

And we really need an EU server meet while it's still going on. Hazmick, when's good for you?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 2 2021, 04:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 2 2021, 05:30 PM
Post #2154

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 2 2021, 03:14 PM) *

And we really need an EU server meet while it's still going on. Hazmick, when's good for you?

Any time, any day, except this Saturday.

I'm usually awake between 4pm and 6am GMT but I can be as flexible as other people need me to be.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 2 2021, 09:08 PM
Post #2155

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Mar 2 2021, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 2 2021, 03:14 PM) *

Any time, any day, except this Saturday.

I'm usually awake between 4pm and 6am GMT but I can be as flexible as other people need me to be.

Does Grits have any preferences? Or anyone else?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 2 2021, 09:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 4 2021, 03:03 PM
Post #2156

Councilor
Group Icon

Then I propose Monday nights, after the NA Friday. That way, the folks on both servers get a reminder. Same time, perhaps? 5PM EST = 22:00 GMT I think. Those at the NA meet tomorrow can discuss it then.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Mar 4 2021, 03:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 5 2021, 02:13 AM
Post #2157

Paladin
Group Icon

Oops. I've had something arise I really need to attend to tomorrow afternoon my time - during the guild meeting. So, Buffy and I will have to miss this one and hope to see everyone at next month's meeting. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 5 2021, 02:52 AM
Post #2158

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 7 2021, 06:53 PM) *

C'mon. I know there were screenshots taken! biggrin.gif

We just stood around drinking and chatting for a couple of hours, then adjourned over to the island for some equestrianism, if that's the right term when you're riding a stick or a nix-ox.

I took some, but they may or may not have shown Buffy's Butt; so in order to keep our (more than a decade long) friendship going on a happy note = I didn't post them, lol.

Urgh; on the upcoming Guild Meet = it is my boyfriend's Birthday; and we are celebrating mine jointly with his in a "Surprise Party" being secretly thrown for us Friday night by his family. (which we accidentally learned about). So I won't be there this Friday night. I am really sorry; I do prioritize our Guild Meet; hate to miss it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 5 2021, 03:52 AM
Post #2159

Councilor
Group Icon

Monday night sounds great for EU! (Though this time I may be driving home then. Early March is wacky in my family.)

I have had a schedule surprise and will probably not be able to make it tomorrow. Dangit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Mar 5 2021, 08:05 PM
Post #2160

Mouth
Group Icon

Oof, looks like today's attendance is looking pretty dicey for all of us. I'm not sure I'll be making it either.

Perhaps we should just call it off for this week and try for next week?

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post

131 Pages V « < 106 107 108 109 110 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:08 PM