3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The End of the Empire?
Megil Tel-Zeke
post Jun 27 2005, 02:21 AM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

either be hidden by the priests to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands. or perhaps they are destroyed %!) if that is indeed possible.

Where can i go to read the lore of morrowind and daggerfall and the other games?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 27 2005, 05:36 AM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Did you try the Imperial Library?

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Red
post Jun 27 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

Umm, it wouldn't really matter if the elder scrolls fell into the wrong hands because very few (like, 10ish) can read them. And they aren't even able to read them very well.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Konji
post Jun 27 2005, 11:12 PM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

Maybe you can become a member of the order and read the scrolls! That would be so.cool.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Jun 27 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #25

Unregistered

You're not listening to me, Mr. Channler. It doesn't matter what The Elder Scrolls themselves are-- hell, they've never even appeared in the game(s). The setting for TES is Tamriel. Not Nirn, not any other continent. Tamriel. Involving the other continents would only serve to complicate the game and take away from the fun.

And, I really don't understand why you -want- Tamriel to be a political catastrophy. TES is not a puzzle, quiz, or brain game. I'd rather be a stealthy rogue thief than a politician any day.

I'm glad you don't work for Bethesda, or else, all the games would suck.
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jun 27 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #26

Mage
Group Icon

TES is set in Nirn, that's why they have lore for other continents. Not just Tamriel

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 28 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

[quote=Daikirai]You're not listening to me, Mr. Channler. It doesn't matter what The Elder Scrolls themselves are-- hell, they've never even appeared in the game(s). The setting for TES is Tamriel. Not Nirn, not any other continent. Tamriel. Involving the other continents would only serve to complicate the game and take away from the fun.

And, I really don't understand why you -want- Tamriel to be a political catastrophy. TES is not a puzzle, quiz, or brain game. I'd rather be a stealthy rogue thief than a politician any day.

I'm glad you don't work for Bethesda, or else, all the games would suck.[/quote]

What's wrong with political catastrophe? It's a video game, and it makes for something different than 'oh, the empire is strong as ever today, don't you think, dear?'

And the setting of TES is more than one of the continents that were made into the TES LORE.

Are you content to just play in the same place in every TES game? Tamriel will run out of space sooner or later. Don't you think being able to travel to a different continent would be fun, cool, different? Read up on Akavir, and tell me it wouldn't be fun to visit there.

I'm glad YOU don't work for bethesda.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 28 2005, 02:12 AM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Daikirai]You're not listening to me, Mr. Channler. It doesn't matter what The Elder Scrolls themselves are-- hell, they've never even appeared in the game(s). The setting for TES is Tamriel. Not Nirn, not any other continent. Tamriel. Involving the other continents would only serve to complicate the game and take away from the fun.

I'm glad you don't work for Bethesda, or else, all the games would suck.[/quote]

TES: Morrowind = THE ELDER SCROLLS: Morrowind..

See the only reason theur are these prophecy's and what not are because of the scrolls.. to screw the scrolls would be to tamper with the ability to understand the future (past and present)

Where has anyone said the TES was just tamriel...? What the point of all the lore if TES is just tameriel?

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 28 2005, 03:32 AM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry if I sounded mean or rude in my previous post - don't want to sound like a flamer.

Though I still stand by what I siad, hence, I didn't edit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Red
post Jun 28 2005, 04:15 AM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

Indeed Channler. The Empire will collapse sooner or later. Who would want to buy a game where all you did was replay the same events in the same locations with the same strong empire? The Emire will collapse over the next few Elder Scrolls games, we've known that since Dagger fall. The Empire is full of dople gangers, spies, shape shifters ect, which doesn't make for a strong political structure. Imagine if your mayor was reletives of spies, liars, backstabbers, shape shifters, dopple gangers and seducers. How long do you think your city would run without any problems?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kuukulgur
post Jun 28 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #31

Agent

[quote=Daikirai]And, I really don't understand why you -want- Tamriel to be a political catastrophy. TES is not a puzzle, quiz, or brain game. I'd rather be a stealthy rogue thief than a politician any day.[/quote]

Well, let's face it, in all of the TES games you have been able to be anyone you like, despite the main quest. Is it likely that Nerevar reborn would be a stealthy thief? Still, it was made likely by a nice twitch of events. If Tamriel were to be separated into several independant provinces and chaos would erupt, what better and natural a place to have a rogue/thief in? All of the character classes would have their challenges in this sort of a game: warriors would look for treasure if they were plunderers or try to keep peace and defend their lords if they were noble; mages would either try to keep common sense and maybe preserve the Elder Scrolls themselves or profit from the situation. Thieves could well be the ones with biggest role in such a political mess. If you remember back in Morrowind, were the so-called Thief House Hlaalu pulled many strings and was one of the most important intrigue web spinners, we can say that of the three character classes, the Thief is the one with closest abilities to those of a politician. biggrin.gif

--------------------
He who knows everything, knows he knows nothing.
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 28 2005, 10:00 AM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Kuukulgur][quote=Daikirai]And, I really don't understand why you -want- Tamriel to be a political catastrophy. TES is not a puzzle, quiz, or brain game. I'd rather be a stealthy rogue thief than a politician any day.[/quote]

Well, let's face it, in all of the TES games you have been able to be anyone you like, despite the main quest. Is it likely that Nerevar reborn would be a stealthy thief? Still, it was made likely by a nice twitch of events. If Tamriel were to be separated into several independant provinces and chaos would erupt, what better and natural a place to have a rogue/thief in? All of the character classes would have their challenges in this sort of a game: warriors would look for treasure if they were plunderers or try to keep peace and defend their lords if they were noble; mages would either try to keep common sense and maybe preserve the Elder Scrolls themselves or profit from the situation. Thieves could well be the ones with biggest role in such a political mess. If you remember back in Morrowind, were the so-called Thief House Hlaalu pulled many strings and was one of the most important intrigue web spinners, we can say that of the three character classes, the Thief is the one with closest abilities to those of a politician. biggrin.gif[/quote]

You like theives dont you biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kuukulgur
post Jun 28 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #33

Agent

Yep. How'd you guess? biggrin.gif
Well, the sneaky and deceiving kind of way is the politician way as well as thief way. Fighters go for force and nobility, mages for knowledge. That's just how it works...

--------------------
He who knows everything, knows he knows nothing.
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Jun 28 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #34

Unregistered

Me thinks that some of the people here at the Waiting4Oblivion forums are forgeting that The Elder Scrolls are only game(s).
+Quote Post
Red
post Jun 29 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Daikirai]Me thinks that some of the people here at the Waiting4Oblivion forums are forgeting that The Elder Scrolls are only game(s).[/quote]

Umm, are you forgeting that you started an arguement about the Elder Scrolls? Also, please don't insult people when they speak their opinion. Discussion is okay, but saying that if we worked for Bethesda the games would suck and that we don't know a game from real life is unnecisary.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 29 2005, 04:23 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Red]
Discussion is okay, but saying that if we worked for Bethesda the games would suck and that we don't know a game from real life is unnecisary.[/quote]

Um well.. I kinda told him that I wouldn't want him workin for beth.. tongue.gif

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 29 2005, 04:28 AM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

As did I.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Red
post Jun 29 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #38

Mouth
Group Icon

But in you did it respectfully, not OMG!!11 IF U WRKED FOR BETH TEH GAMES
WOULD SU><><0RZ!!!11!!1111

--------------------
+Quote Post
Konji
post Jun 29 2005, 08:38 PM
Post #39

Mouth
Group Icon

No, they did that. They edited the posts afterwards to fool you. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 29 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

[quote=Konradude]No, they did that. They edited the posts afterwards to fool you. wink.gif[/quote]

I didn't.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 09:58 PM