Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 99 100 101 102 103 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
mALX
post Jan 17 2020, 12:43 AM
Post #2001

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jan 16 2020, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 16 2020, 06:02 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 13 2020, 09:25 PM) *

Tonight!!

It'd be cool if...you know...the site wasn't down and performing maintenance. I hope it's up and running in the next 12 minutes. I'd like to see it live.

Yeah, at one minute till when it was still down = I went to their Facebook page to watch it, lol.

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jan 16 2020, 06:19 PM) *

I had a feeling we’d be seeing some Vampire-related stuff since they offered a free pet bat....

I saw one vampire turn into a raven and fly with a whole flock of ravens in that vid! Then they said they were changing up the abilities for vampires; so do you think we will be able to transform into ravens? I hope so! If so, Malan will be a vampire from the day the DLC drops, lol.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 17 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #2002

Councilor
Group Icon

I am psyched for the pet bat. Lildereth loved her pet bats in Oblivion.

I am psyched for the vampire re-work and might make my first Imperial to try out the new skills. I wish we could make a dark-haired Altmer, darnit!

I am beside myself with delight over seeing Western Skyrim! Sorc Jerric is already trotting around on the preorder horse. It’s the most color-correct version of Kip to date. He may want to keep snow under his boots throughout 2020, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 17 2020, 01:41 AM
Post #2003

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 16 2020, 07:28 PM) *

I am psyched for the pet bat. Lildereth loved her pet bats in Oblivion.

I am psyched for the vampire re-work and might make my first Imperial to try out the new skills. I wish we could make a dark-haired Altmer, darnit!

I am beside myself with delight over seeing Western Skyrim! Sorc Jerric is already trotting around on the preorder horse. It’s the most color-correct version of Kip to date. He may want to keep snow under his boots throughout 2020, lol.

As soon as I saw that horse I thought of Kip!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 22 2020, 10:07 PM
Post #2004

Paladin
Group Icon

Midyear Mayhem (PvP) event runs from Jan 23 - Feb 4. More info here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57605

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jan 23 2020, 10:28 PM
Post #2005

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 22 2020, 04:07 PM) *

Midyear Mayhem (PvP) event runs from Jan 23 - Feb 4. More info here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57605

YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS. Time to knock some other players' heads in, boys and girls!

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 23 2020, 10:40 PM
Post #2006

Ancient
Group Icon

Isn't the middle of the year in, well, the middle of the year? Not January?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 23 2020, 10:50 PM
Post #2007

Councilor
Group Icon

Clark and Leveque are new enough not to have done it last year, so they get the benefit of that starter quest. I forget how much that gives you, but it may be enough AP with the log-in rewards to get Vigor without any actual PvP'ing. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 24 2020, 12:02 AM
Post #2008

Paladin
Group Icon

SubRosa, I think this one is off schedule because they had some server/lag problems the last time they tried this due to overpopulating some of the Cyrodiil instances (Cyrodiil is the PvP zone in ESO). The event basically doubles the rate at which you can advance the skills associated with PvP. While most of those skills are not helpful to those of us that normally don't PvP, a couple can be useful. So quite a few non-PvPers look forward to the event so they can get the skills they want while getting as little PvP on themselves as possible.

The game is so large and with so much varied content that soloists (like Buffy), group runners and PvPers all have plenty to do and can happily ignore things that don't appeal to them. The purpose of the Midyear Mayhem is to encourage players to at least try PvP. Some end up enjoying it. They run a couple group dungeon events at times during the year as well, again, to encourage folks to try running in groups. Overall though, Buffy and I find the game quite solo friendly.

The youngest variant of Buffy is a bow/bow templar who is at the perfect level to go into Cyrodiil and open up a couple skills there. She did the quest (got some AP and a gift box), then started repairing walls/doors while monitoring zone chat (unusual for her). Sure enough, a group came up asking for more and she joined a medium size group that was capturing keeps and resources. It went pretty well and she made some good progress. Won't take much more at all to get what she wants from the event.

We did check the Impresario first and were actually relieved that she had absolutely nothing we want - so Buffy's just letting any event tix she gets overflow beyond her 12/12.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 24 2020, 01:23 AM
Post #2009

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric liked the boots and pants that the Impressario had, so he got them. I’ve already forgotten if they’re supposed to drop from any of the prize boxes.

I took Kalea-ko to the Battlegrounds earlier this evening. It was a lot of fun. She is quite scrappy. Have they already implemented queuing only solo for Battlegrounds?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 24 2020, 03:17 AM
Post #2010

Paladin
Group Icon

My understanding from the official forums is that solo-only queuing for BGs is live only on PTS so ZoS can evaluate and adjust as necessary before going live on the main servers. The feedback so far on the PTS forum is generally recommending two queues: one for solo and one for premade groups.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 24 2020, 04:09 AM
Post #2011

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 23 2020, 04:40 PM) *

Isn't the middle of the year in, well, the middle of the year? Not January?

YES!!! Thank you! It really bugs me that they kept the "Midyear" name on it when they moved it to January, Grrrrrr! That is NOT Lore-Calendar friendly!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 28 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #2012

Councilor
Group Icon

Clark did enough BG's to get Vigor, and then quit. At double AP, that wasn't many. We considered staying on a bit for Caltrops, but decided not to. We might regret that later, but he does well enough without.

The miscellaneous extra rewards in the "boon boxes" weren't enough to change our minds, either, and he never did well enough to get decent rewards for the unworthy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 3 2020, 10:40 PM
Post #2013

Councilor
Group Icon

The bat pet!! Oh my gosh, I love it so much! wub.gif

The banner emote is a big disappointment, however. It’s not the real Alliance banner, just a colored Zero Legion one. And anyone can use any of them regardless of Alliance. Boo.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 3 2020, 11:42 PM
Post #2014

Paladin
Group Icon

The bat is very nice indeed and looks pretty well done.

The only pets that make Kitsune nervous about getting replaced, however, are the monarch butterfly and the various sylvan nyxads. tongue.gif

For anyone wondering about the bat, here is the ZoS announcement from mid January:

'For hitting 80,000 concurrent viewers during our Dark Heart of Skyrim global announcement stream, we're giving all ESO players the Long-Winged Bat pet. To qualify, simply log into the game and kill any enemy monster any time between January 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM EST and January 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

As long as you qualify, you’ll receive your Long-Winged Bat pet by the first week of February. It’ll be added to your Collections automatically.'

Reference link.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Feb 3 2020, 11:51 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 4 2020, 12:03 AM
Post #2015

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 3 2020, 04:40 PM) *

The bat pet!! Oh my gosh, I love it so much! wub.gif

The banner emote is a big disappointment, however. It’s not the real Alliance banner, just a colored Zero Legion one. And anyone can use any of them regardless of Alliance. Boo.

I was surprised the character just stands there holding it; doesn't raise it up or wave it in the wind, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 4 2020, 03:29 PM
Post #2016

Councilor
Group Icon

Like the bat , but Clark thinks there's something missing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 4 2020, 03:47 PM
Post #2017

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 4 2020, 09:29 AM) *

Like the bat , but Clark thinks there's something missing.

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 4 2020, 04:31 PM
Post #2018

Councilor
Group Icon

In other news, the PTS has new craftable sets, which is unusual for the first quarter of a new season. New crafting locations normally come with the Chapter and Zone DLC, which are second and fourth. That is because they need new locations to place them. However, Update 25 is adding some in Cyrodiil,

Critical Riposte – Located in Vlasterus

Unchained Aggressor – Located in Bruma

Dauntless Combatant – Located in Cropsford.

There are three more sets, presumably dropped, so not an issue for stations. It's not clear if this means even more crafted sets this year than the regular six, or whether the Zone DLC won't have any.

Laurie had better get on with her Master writs, so we can get some more stations for the guildhall.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 4 2020, 10:41 PM
Post #2019

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 4 2020, 10:31 AM) *

In other news, the PTS has new craftable sets, which is unusual for the first quarter of a new season. New crafting locations normally come with the Chapter and Zone DLC, which are second and fourth. That is because they need new locations to place them. However, Update 25 is adding some in Cyrodiil,

There are three more sets, presumably dropped, so not an issue for stations. It's not clear if this means even more crafted sets this year than the regular six, or whether the Zone DLC won't have any.

Laurie had better get on with her Master writs, so we can get some more stations for the guildhall.

Urgh, I hope they won't have more sets than usual this year = I cleared out the 12 slots; and it was totally noticeable to me. Any more and the place will start looking like a stripped down (and dark) table warehouse.

My suggestion to Zenimax would be a purchase-able (via the Crown Store) Basement that attaches to a Player house = one that is nothing but a huge, perfectly flat room for housing tables = and then make the tables not take up slots against your inventory. (since they obviously don't plan to revamp the Crafting Sets system to use fewer tables).

Thank you so much for the heads up on the new sets! I didn't know about them at all!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 4 2020, 10:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 4 2020, 11:06 PM
Post #2020

Ancient
Group Icon

Okay, to save everyone from having to search for details on the upcoming sets:

https://eso-sets.com/set/critical-riposte

https://eso-sets.com/set/unchained-aggressor

https://eso-sets.com/set/dauntless-combatant

I was really excited at the prospect of being able to craft PvP sets; and actually am still excited over the Critical Riposte set. That will be great in places like Battlegrounds and Non-CP campaigns.

On the other hand though = the other two sets' 5 piece bonuses are a waste. The 21 second cool down on both of them is unworkable in any PvP situation I've ever been in. Not just that, but:

Unchained Aggressor = The 9 seconds of Berserk sounds good; but it only occurs after a break free = and then has that 21 second cool down = at which time you again have to wait for the next break free!

And on the Dauntless set = that whole set is almost completely useless; you can get good armor and enchant it for the boost to Stam/Mag/Health = the 5 piece bonus on it is useless. Break free at no cost to your stam (which is minimal anyway) = but instead you become weak and winded? How is that even a bonus? And you have to wait 21 seconds for all that to happen again = then once again wait till you are breaking free ... that Dev just wasted his own time with that Dauntless set.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 4 2020, 11:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 99 100 101 102 103 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:53 AM