Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stealth comment
Veltan
post Apr 3 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Retainer

Since they're revamping the stealth system, wouldn't it be cool if you had to move around the bodies like in Theif or Splinter Cell?

--------------------
I'm just killing time
until my doomsday.

There's no reason or rhyme
to what they sooth-say.

p.s. Even though my website is called Teltano, Veltan was already taken.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Apr 3 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

that would be cool. I've played both those games and you really needed to do that to get away with things.

Maybe some quests you might have to do that. I like it.
+Quote Post
Veltan
post Apr 3 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #3

Retainer

Whew... I was worried that people wouldn't like it, or that it had already been suggested. I'm glad someone likes it biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'm just killing time
until my doomsday.

to what they sooth-say.

+Quote Post
Alexander
post Apr 4 2005, 12:07 AM
Post #4

Wizard
Group Icon

well not many things have been suggested on this forum wink.gif

and yes I'd love to have a feature like this smile.gif
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 4 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

yes i'd love to just like on Hitman 2

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 4 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I never played anything more than the demo of splinter cell.. but still it was fun

It'd be nice to actually be able to effectivily use your skills in your chosen profesion and just have to kill everyone to get that key you needed..
+Quote Post
Veltan
post Apr 4 2005, 01:33 AM
Post #7

Retainer

I thought it would be funny to see how a NPC would react to walking into a room and every one is on the floor. Maybe a candle snuffing element, again like splinter cell, would work nicely.

--------------------
I'm just killing time
until my doomsday.

to what they sooth-say.

+Quote Post
Channler
post Apr 4 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Heh, that'd be awsome...
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Apr 4 2005, 04:29 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

It seems logical enough.....

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
barroomhero_07
post Apr 6 2005, 12:36 AM
Post #10

Associate

this is a very good idea. i myself have wished that that feature were included in morrowind. but in oblivion, it not only has a good use but it could also be quite fun. imagine sneaking behind a guard on top of a guard tower. you attempt to take him out as quickly as possible but it ends up taking you a lot more time not to mention makes more noise than you hoped. so what do u do w/ the guard at street level shouting at you to cease your actions and come peacefully blah blah blah.....you chuck the body of his fallen comrade at him.
i don't know about everybody else but it sounds quite fun to me. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
RoleplayingRaith8
post Jun 30 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #11

Associate

I heard it will be similar to Thief.
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Jun 30 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #12

Unregistered

Have you guys completely forgotten about Morrowind? It's called 'dispose of corpse'. With the help of Havoc though, it would more than likely be possible, even if it wasn't actually intended for quests.

Emil did say in an interview though, something to the effect of "Thief was all about hiding bodies and bashing people over the head. You probably won't see things like that in Oblivion, but blah blah blah.."
+Quote Post
Chumbaniya
post Jun 30 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

[quote=Daikirai]Have you guys completely forgotten about Morrowind? It's called 'dispose of corpse'. With the help of Havoc though, it would more than likely be possible, even if it wasn't actually intended for quests.

Emil did say in an interview though, something to the effect of "Thief was all about hiding bodies and bashing people over the head. You probably won't see things like that in Oblivion, but blah blah blah.."[/quote]

Dispose of corpse did not (as far as I know) have any effect on any other NPCs, so disposing of a corpse had no actual effect on gameplay. Disposing of a corpse instantly is a bit of a suspension of disbelief in any case, since you can just click the button and the corpse disappears.

--------------------
Chumbaniya Has Spoken!

"It's a party. It doesn't have to make sense" - Homer
"To alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Jun 30 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #14

Unregistered

[quote=Daikirai]Have you guys completely forgotten about Morrowind? It's called 'dispose of corpse'. With the help of Havoc though, it would more than likely be possible, even if it wasn't actually intended for quests.

Emil did say in an interview though, something to the effect of "Thief was all about hiding bodies and bashing people over the head. You probably won't see things like that in Oblivion, but blah blah blah.."[/quote]

I would think on some mission for the Dark Brotherhood they would turn that option off. Hopefully Emil can pursuade some people to change some things when it comes to those quests.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 2 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh, I hope the bodies just stay there and then you have to hide the bodies somewhere. Now that's stealth! biggrin.gif

Not to mention, if they do this (the whole body not disappearing), then maybe people will mod in Necromancy, which I really, really hope will happen. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 21 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(MerGirl @ Jul 2 2005, 03:36 PM)
Ooh, I hope the bodies just stay there and then you have to hide the bodies somewhere. Now that's stealth!  biggrin.gif 
Not to mention, if they do this (the whole body not disappearing), then maybe people will mod in Necromancy, which I really, really hope will happen.  smile.gif

Wow blink.gif animating recently slain enemies?..., That'd be a might piece of scripting.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 22 2005, 02:19 AM
Post #17

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(MerGirl @ Jul 2 2005, 03:36 PM)
Ooh, I hope the bodies just stay there and then you have to hide the bodies somewhere. Now that's stealth!  biggrin.gif 
Not to mention, if they do this (the whole body not disappearing), then maybe people will mod in Necromancy, which I really, really hope will happen.  smile.gif

Wait...I thought dead things scared Mergirl... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Kiln: Jul 22 2005, 02:26 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 22 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #18

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Well seriously though I wouldn't like it to be manditory to hide corpses. It would be cool at first but after a while it would get old. It would be cool to be able to drag bodies but I just don't want to have to do it if I don't want to. The ability to drag corpses is one thing but if I was forced to it would be a pain.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 22 2005, 02:33 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

true. oh well, the good old Devs will figure it out and I don't dought that what ever it is we will all be happy about it.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 22 2005, 02:45 AM
Post #20

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Jul 22 2005, 02:33 AM)
true. oh well, the good old Devs will figure it out and I don't dought that what ever it is we will all be happy about it.

Quite. Well said Seeker, well said.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Jul 22 2005, 02:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:28 AM