Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is there anything you wont...
diablos666
post May 5 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Associate

is there anything you wont be able to in oblivion that you could do in morrowind. also what could you do in oblivion that you couldnt do in morrowind goty

--------------------
you laugh at me because im different, i laugh at you because your all the same.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post May 6 2005, 07:13 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

You won't be able to use any projectiles except for arrows, you won't be able to free slaves (there are none) and you won't be able to kill dagoth ur.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure rats won't carry your luggage, you amy not be able to be a werewolfe or a vampire they get time constraints.
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 7 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

I bet there will slaves somewhere...
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 7 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Think so too... JonaJosa, somewhere the Dunmer's or who it will be will have slaves!
+Quote Post
Aki
post May 7 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=DoomedOne]You won't be able to use any projectiles except for arrows, you won't be able to free slaves (there are none) and you won't be able to kill dagoth ur.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure rats won't carry your luggage, you amy not be able to be a werewolfe or a vampire they get time constraints.[/quote]

Ragh. Vampires got in on Morrowind, and so did Beast Races, even with time Constraints. Werewolves and Vampires should get in Oblivion as well. I mean, Bethesa has seen how much those creatures are liked. To leave them out would bring some serious heat down on them till they get out an expansion for them, or something. tongue.gif

[quote]I bet there will slaves somewhere...[/quote]

Slavery is illegal in Cyrodil.

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 7 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Aki][quote=DoomedOne]You won't be able to use any projectiles except for arrows, you won't be able to free slaves (there are none) and you won't be able to kill dagoth ur.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure rats won't carry your luggage, you amy not be able to be a werewolfe or a vampire they get time constraints.[/quote]

Ragh. Vampires got in on Morrowind, and so did Beast Races, even with time Constraints. Werewolves and Vampires should get in Oblivion as well. I mean, Bethesa has seen how much those creatures are liked. To leave them out would bring some serious heat down on them till they get out an expansion for them, or something. tongue.gif

Slavery is illegal in Cyrodil.[/quote]
Killing a King is illegal..
+Quote Post
Aki
post May 7 2005, 10:44 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Fuzzy Knights][quote=Aki][quote=DoomedOne]You won't be able to use any projectiles except for arrows, you won't be able to free slaves (there are none) and you won't be able to kill dagoth ur.

Killing a King is illegal..[/quote]

Yes, but when paid, it is profitable.

What are you going to do with illegeal slaves?

Can't make thewm owkr in the feild, someone will see them. Can't send them into town for supplies, can't do much of anything because the guards will find out. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 7 2005, 10:45 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Aki][quote=Fuzzy Knights][quote=Aki][quote=DoomedOne]You won't be able to use any projectiles except for arrows, you won't be able to free slaves (there are none) and you won't be able to kill dagoth ur.

Killing a King is illegal..[/quote]

Yes, but when paid, it is profitable.

What are you going to do with illegeal slaves?

Can't make thewm owkr in the feild, someone will see them. Can't send them into town for supplies, can't do much of anything because the guards will find out. tongue.gif[/quote]
Someone enjoyes slaves... Even if its illegal people doesn't need to find out, who would enter a cave where someone used slaves to look for adamantine and a monster or a skilled warrior guarding the well hidden entrance tongue.gif ?
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 7 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #9

Unregistered

Theres a will, theres a way
+Quote Post
Sinder Velvin
post May 8 2005, 05:58 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=jonajosa]Theres a will, theres a way[/quote]

Not all the time.
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 8 2005, 04:03 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

Can you be sure of that?
+Quote Post
Veltan
post May 14 2005, 04:28 AM
Post #12

Retainer

Maybe we'll find some slaves as like a drop-off point on the way to somewhere, or maybe some people like to use them as personal attendants or something.

--------------------
I'm just killing time
until my doomsday.

There's no reason or rhyme
to what they sooth-say.

p.s. Even though my website is called Teltano, Veltan was already taken.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 14 2005, 05:02 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Projectile weapons (throwing stars, etc) is all I'm thinking of at this point. Also, in Oblivion, there may be less powerplaying. (?).

I'm going to miss projectiles quite a bit. I was much better at those than the Bow and Arrows, so I avoided Bow and Arrows like the plague. If, in Oblivion, they GREATLY improve Bow and Arrows, then I won't miss my throwing stars as much. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Elongar
post May 14 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

Well, you can hope that the bows and arrows are good enough to keep your mind off cross bows and throwing items. If there is a negative response to the loss of these, then they could be included in Elder Scrolls V, but that's a long way off.

--------------------
Power of the Shadow made human flesh,
wakened to turmoil, strife and ruin.
The Reborn One, marked and bleeding,
dances the sword in dreams and mist,
chains the Shadowsworn to his will,
from the city, lost and forsaken,
leads the spears to war once more,
breaks the spears and makes them see,
truth long hidden in the ancient dream.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 14 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

I would want less combat based missions, I would really enjoy more political now due to that the King is dead, and maybe other people is trying to take over the throne... :lickinglips:
+Quote Post
minque
post May 14 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #16

Wise Woman
Group Icon

[quote=Fuzzy Knights]I would want less combat based missions, I would really enjoy more political now due to that the King is dead, and maybe other people is trying to take over the throne... :lickinglips:[/quote]

Well said....I absolutely second that! Good point... :goodjob:

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 14 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=minque][quote=Fuzzy Knights]I would want less combat based missions, I would really enjoy more political now due to that the King is dead, and maybe other people is trying to take over the throne... :lickinglips:[/quote]

Well said....I absolutely second that! Good point... :goodjob:[/quote]

I third that! Some of my characters are a bit on the peaceful side (my Argonian healer/monk, for example) and I did not like being forced to kill someone. (Especially that Dark Elf in the beginning. He was cute. I wanted to live with him, not kill him. tongue.gif )
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 14 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

:lickinglips:

By this I mean taking in use more of the personality skill, but talking to people. If for example one noble, duke or something would want to take over the throne and it would be maybe much talking and blackmailing and much of that... tongue.gif
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 14 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Fuzzy Knights]:lickinglips:

By this I mean taking in use more of the personality skill, but talking to people. If for example one noble, duke or something would want to take over the throne and it would be maybe much talking and blackmailing and much of that... tongue.gif[/quote]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. Just adding my own little complaint. smile.gif They should really split up the categories of Persuasion. Like split Admire into Compliment and Seduce or split intemidation into Blackmail and Verbally Intimidate and Physically Intimidate... Or something like that...

There should be many solutions to finishing a lot of the quests, especially the Main Quest. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Elongar
post May 15 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

On that note, I think that it would be a good idea to be able to swear allegiance to certain nobles, and if you do become the Emperor (doubtable, really), or an important character, known throughout the land, they could come to you to swear allegiance to you.

That could be a replacement system for the Houses in Morrowind. However, we saw only three major houses in Morrowind, with the minor houses playing hardly any roles at all, apart from being the brunt of the missions you were given by your house. If there were more realistic relations between the houses, and the kind of intrique you can sometimes get in novels, then that would add so much to the game.

Then, you could use your speechcraft skills etc, to gain a reputation amongst the nobles, to corrupt the servants of the other houses and to infiltrate etc. It may be pushing the game a bit, but it would be nice.

--------------------
Power of the Shadow made human flesh,
wakened to turmoil, strife and ruin.
The Reborn One, marked and bleeding,
dances the sword in dreams and mist,
chains the Shadowsworn to his will,
from the city, lost and forsaken,
leads the spears to war once more,
breaks the spears and makes them see,
truth long hidden in the ancient dream.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:16 AM