Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oblivion & hardware
Ambberfox
post May 19 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

I don't know wether this has already been asked, but does anyone happen to have an idea what type of hardware you'll need to run the game? Judging from the awesome trailer you'll need a real power-machine kvleft.gif

--------------------
"One day before Oblivion is released, you'd better buy the best hardware components available for money..." - Todd Howard
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rane
post May 19 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #2

Lurker
Group Icon

They haven't really given any minimum or recommended hardware requirements.

Anyway, they have said that they will do their best to make the game run on low- and mid-end rigs as well when the game comes out. Of course, with less detail and resolution of course.

Oh, and I do recall hearing something about MSFD using a Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB card when he plays the game. I could be mistaken of course.
+Quote Post
Epy
post May 19 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #3

Quotinator
Group Icon

That is true. Yep, MSFD gave some specs of his workstation over at RPGCodex a while back.
[quote=MrSmileyFaceDude]I'll tell you what kind of machine I'm currently developing on, but not how it runs (hey, it's not done yet, so any performance hints I can give you have no bearing on the final game anyway, and besides, I run the game in the debugger most of the time). I'm using a 3GHz Pentium 4 with 1GB RAM and a Radeon 9800XT with 256MB. All fairly middle of the road stuff nowadays.[/quote]
Take what he - and everyone else - says to heart, though; it's not finished. Power-hungry and performance demanding stuff will probably be added, but as Rane says, they'll be working on ways for you to tweak most of them to fit your own specs best.

A decent ammount of RAM, a decent processor (mayhaps work for todays standards) and a DX 9.0 video card will get you far enough, methinks.

For maximum fun, start saving up for a next-gen console or at least a good, current video card around the time Oblivion hits the shelves. But you probably won't need a "supercomputer", or doubtfully even high-end today to make it run good.
+Quote Post
Ambberfox
post May 19 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

with my current mainboard, I could buy up to 3,2 Ghz processors... But then I would probably also need more RAM and a better graphic-card. Or do you think a good 128-Mb card would be ok, too?

--------------------
"One day before Oblivion is released, you'd better buy the best hardware components available for money..." - Todd Howard
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 19 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Well the PC I'm building around September will have:

1GB RAM ++
3.4GHz (Possible 3.5)
256MB Card, ain't so sure yet about card - But I will buy the newest I can get :lickinglips:
250GB Space

Not much else I really have decided..
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 19 2005, 09:32 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Fuzzy Knight]Well the PC I'm building around September will have:

1GB RAM ++
3.4GHz (Possible 3.5)
256MB Card, ain't so sure yet about card - But I will buy the newest I can get :lickinglips:
250GB Space

Not much else I really have decided..[/quote]

Maybe its just me but I'd go with the AMD64fx-53(?) I got the 51 version nice amount of ram (me thinks about 2 gigs) sata hardrives set up in a raid config.. I got a radeon 9800pro 128 mb.. I think thats whats keeping my machine from being l33t... sad.gif

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:41 AM