Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What we know
Kuukulgur
post Jul 1 2005, 07:01 PM
Post #21

Agent

[quote=Thanatos522]Magic will have it's own button so there is no more ready magic and will be casted with a free hand orr weapon hand if both hands are used.[/quote]

This leads to the question, will we be able to hit and cast magic at the same time? Pressing the two different buttons at the same time, this means. It sounds unbalancing though, maybe they won't allow it...

--------------------
He who knows everything, knows he knows nothing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 2 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote="Kuukulgur"][quote=Thanatos522]
This leads to the question, will we be able to hit and cast magic at the same time? Pressing the two different buttons at the same time, this means. It sounds unbalancing though, maybe they won't allow it...[/quote]

I do not think they should let you do this, because that would be a little... unfair, wouldn't it? I would not want NPC's doing that to me, either.
+Quote Post
sknnywhytboi
post Jul 9 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #23

Associate

Very surprised it hasn't been said yet, but maybe its too obvious so noone wrote it down, so i will cause im CAPT. OBVIOUS!!!

We know:
Horses will be in the game...
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jul 12 2005, 01:05 AM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

-Poisonous potions made be added to weapons and arrows for a one time effect attack
-Items may be thrown and affected by movement
-Shops actually close
+Quote Post
lifeishell91
post Jul 17 2005, 12:55 PM
Post #25

Associate

-You can mount horses for trvael purposes only, no mounted combat.
-People can steal from you.
-We will have the same races as in Morrowind.
-Stealth will be renovated in the sense that, shadow, visibility and sound will factor into whether NPC's can hear you.
-Arrows stick into soft materials (flesh, wood) and bounce of hard (stone, armour?)
-You can manipulate the age of the PC, but the PC will not age afterwards.
-There will be a navigating compass sad.gif
-Telkenisis has been redone, in the sense that it will be a more realistic spell than in Morrowind.
-Still no children.
-12-+ main cities, several smaller settlements.
-Elven Armour is introduced.
-Seen by a 3rd party that are being associated with the Dark Brotherhood will trigger city Guards, and create a bounty on your head.
-Trespassing is also illegal.
-You willl notice the idiosyncracies of each NPC.
-You, or your opponent, can have the choice to yeild, and depending on your dispostion, the NPC, or you can choose to accept the yeild request, or not.
-Many new creatures, inc. Zombies blink.gif
-You will level according to your skill levels, not XP.
-You start out the game in a prison, and witness the emporer being assasinated and you make an attempt to escape.

I am so looking forward to this tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Rane
post Jul 17 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #26

Lurker
Group Icon

QUOTE(lifeishell91 @ Jul 17 2005, 02:55 PM)
-12-+ main cities

9 main cities. And Elven armor has already been seen in a TES game so it's not introduced. Same for Zombies, so they're not really new creatures to TES.
+Quote Post
lifeishell91
post Jul 17 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #27

Associate

Well, Morrowind was the only part of the TES series I played, I didn't know that Elven Armour and Zombies wasn't new, sorry!

This post has been edited by lifeishell91: Jul 17 2005, 03:41 PM
+Quote Post
Rane
post Jul 17 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #28

Lurker
Group Icon

QUOTE(lifeishell91 @ Jul 17 2005, 05:40 PM)
Well, Morrowind was the only part of the TES series I played, I didn't know that Elven Armour and Zombies wasn't new, sorry!

If you'd like to find out more about the previous games and what could be found in them then you might want to take a look at UESP.net.
+Quote Post
Red
post Jul 17 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

-The compass will only show places of interest that are near you, it isn't a guide arrow
-Cave rats may come in a new size, enormous.magick can be casted while using your weapon.
-We will enjoy Oblivion.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
MiniCactuar
post Jul 24 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #30

Unregistered

This is just a bit of speculation to add. I read in OXM (I think it was that publication) that mentioned Oblivion being a day one or launch title for the Xbox 360. Of course that hasn't been confirmed (that I know of) but it's an exciting prospect.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 25 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #31

Forum Bard
Group Icon

All of the interviews say "Holiday season." or "Near launch." for the X360 so possibly at launch or shortly after. But if the X360 is delayed as much as some expect then it will most likely be a launch game.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
MiniCactuar
post Jul 25 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #32

Unregistered

True enough there Kiln. Hopefully the Xbox 360 won't be delayed too much. Then the jump they want on the PS3 would be considered null and void.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 28 2005, 09:28 PM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh, ooh! Me happy with this new interview! Tee hee! biggrin.gif
Here are some info and some quotes from the interview:

--NPC's in combat can use normal attacks or use power attacks based on their stats.
--NPCs in combat can dynamically switch between melee weapons, bows and magic based on their skills, as well as use the information of their surroundings to determine their actions (ex: get better weapon or running away)

--In terms of stealing, stealing is still a crime, but this time there are minor penalties for the minor crimes.

--Some less-than-upstanding-citizen-NPCs will not really care if you steal stuff.

--Lockpicking will be a minigame of some sort.

--No "magic mode"=magic wielding whenever you want.

--"All weapon types have their own stealth attack".

--Ending is 'BIG'.

--Infamous and famous system will have effects on what different quests/solutions/paths you can get.

--No NPCs will directly steal from you. Your house is also a safe haven, so supposedly no NPCs will infiltrate it.

--Equipping clothes/armor will be the same in Morrowind, except rings and amulets will now be visible on your character.

--"Shopkeepers will still not accept stolen goods. Luckily for compulsive stealers, the Thieves Guild has fences who have no such scruples."

--In terms of factions, "there will be ongoing rewards and some gameplay for those who advance to the head of a faction." All factions will have individual storylines, sort of like subquests.

--In this game, the landscape is BIG, supposedly bigger than Morrowind. Also, the day/night cycle is 48 minutes, same as Morrowind.

--In terms of damage of stuff--"The damage won’t be visual, but it has a damage rating. The more damaged it is, the less protection it provides. If it hits zero, the armor or weapon breaks and becomes unusable. NPCs will drop their broken weapons and shields. It’s pretty cool to fight an NPC and see him toss away his broken shield."

--Stealth skills and armor-"Yes, your armor factors into your stealth rating. Unless you’re at the absolute pinnacle of thieving skills, wearing heavy, clunky armor is going to alert people to your presence very quickly."

--Not all of the '200 hand-crafted, trap-laden'dungeons are are tied to quests. A lot of them you can just stumble across. "The percentage involved in quests is higher than what it was in Morrowind, however."

--This game will not involve the typical "run-behind-me-and-attack-guys" mercenaries. There will be interesting ways that they will be used within the context of quests.

--Oblivion will be on DVD for Xbox 360. PC--unknown for the moment. Most likely will be on DVD for PC as well.

--Construction Set has been improved alot! "We’ve talked previously about our procedural content generation tools to create landscape and environments very quickly. The quest and dialog system is completely new, and much better organized than it was in Morrowind. The physics properties of objects are set in the art file, but we do have manipulation tools in the editor so you can stack or lean objects with physics active – so you’ll know exactly how they’ll act in the game. The program lip-synchs new files automatically."

--21 skills in total, and there are 7 skills in each major category (stealth, combat, magic). Long Blade and short blade are now one skill.

--Every category will have perks, such as special ablities or bonuses as you advance in skill.

--And (magic users be happy!), some useless spells have been taken out, and now some new ones have been added.

Oooh, ooh! *swoons*

***--New effect called 'Reanimate', which allows you to resurrect a dead NPC and he/she can follow you. Playable necromancer class, anyone? (Hopefully?!) wub.gif

cake.gif cake.gif cake.gif to the devs/Gavin for this interview (especially for that last tidbit!)!

I may be missing some stuff, so correct me if I messed something up.

EDIT: Oh! Is the Nine Divines still a joinable faction for the PC? I really hope it is. They didn't take that out, did they? kvright.gif I know it's just rumours, but I haven't seen the interviews mention the 9 Divines in awhile now...

EDIT2: Ay Dios mio! What is up with me and the double negatives? *slaps forehead*

This post has been edited by MerGirl: Aug 2 2005, 01:45 AM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 29 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow.

thanks for the info MerGirl, however, now my fears of a not-good-enough-computer are multiplied.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jul 29 2005, 12:46 AM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Jul 28 2005, 07:38 PM)
Wow.

thanks for the info MerGirl, however, now my fears of a not-good-enough-computer are multiplied.

It's the bigger landscape and 200 dungeons, isn't it? wink.gif I'm scared, too, but the devs said (or somebody official) that the game should be able to played on a less-than-spectacular computer, unlike Morrowind. (Hopefully, if perhaps I put the settings down low enough, my computer will run Oblivion. *crosses fingers*)

Actually, what I'm really, really worried about is the lagging framerate that the abundant NPCs (in combat it looks like from the trailer) will cause. mad.gif

This post has been edited by MerGirl: Jul 29 2005, 12:48 AM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 29 2005, 12:50 AM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm just worried my computer will start flaming and the Oblivion CD will be stuck in the drive.

Then I will be Oblivion-less and computer-less. *crys*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Megil Tel-Zeke
post Jul 29 2005, 01:21 AM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

They make manual eject slots for such an occasion dantrag.

also very informative mergirl O.o makes me want it even more. Though i think i'll have to add some cooling to my comp, before then.

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 29 2005, 01:30 AM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Megil Tel-Zeke @ Jul 28 2005, 08:21 PM)
Though i think i'll have to add some cooling to my comp, before then.

hmmm overclocking....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Megil Tel-Zeke
post Jul 29 2005, 01:45 AM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

hmm could do, If i decide to go with thermal electric cooling for the cpu. Just thinking that the cpu runs at 120F when playing morrowind.

3.8GHz P4
radeon 9800 pro 256MB
and a gig of ram(for now)

--------------------
"By keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust.
But while you may not be hurt that way you musnt forget that you must endure the loneliness."
Friendly Hostility Fanboi
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 29 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #40

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Thats alot of info Mergirl, so much I won't even attempt to quote it thanks. biggrin.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:47 AM