3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The End of the Empire?
Channler
post Jun 26 2005, 01:18 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Even though in TES:IV our goal (Or the one we know) is place the lost heir on the throne, in doing so ending the flood of monsters from Oblivion. Correct?

Well who here thinks that maybe even finding the heir will not stop the possible collapse of the empire?

I say the empire is doomed after this

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Red
post Jun 26 2005, 01:55 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I think there will be a huge change in the empire (Example, no more shape shifters of doplegangers) but not the fall of the main ideal. Like, I belive it will lose alot of power, but not die out.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 26 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I bet you turn out to be the heir, it just takes hours of gameplay to find out for sure... biggrin.gif lol.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Jun 26 2005, 02:42 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Humm that is possible but if that is the case then how do you journey on in the game after you beat the mq
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 26 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Wouldn't the game end early if the PC was the heir? kvleft.gif

Anyway, I think that the Empire would be close to collapsing, but not all of the way. Maybe lose quite a bit of power, or maybe there will be a rebellion and some chaos until we find the heir. Then, when the heir is found, the Empire will be shaky, but will still back on its feet. At least, that is what I think. :ashamed:
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 26 2005, 06:07 AM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Maybe I'm wrong, now that I think about it. Because ifthe PC is the heir, then you would have to be an imperial...

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Jun 26 2005, 06:17 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Yeah, not only that but it would end to quick. Umm I think it will be something else to the extent of the heir but also alot of time trying to find um. Althought that is what the game is all about and that is why I can't wait.
+Quote Post
9of9
post Jun 26 2005, 09:10 AM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

The PC definitely cannot be heir. For starters he would have to be Imperial. Besides, we know who the heir is - he's the guy with the sword in the trailer, it was confirmed by MSFD.

Me, I strongly believe that the Empire will collapse. We are pretty sure we're coming into a new Era and the prophecies we know of all point towards the fall of the Empire. Also, the Empire seems fairly unstable anyway - like any other empire its falling apart of its own accord, the Daedroth are just accelerating it.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Rane
post Jun 26 2005, 11:11 AM
Post #9

Lurker
Group Icon

The player could be the Heir. Crossbreeding in TES could make that true, since the offspring ends up looking like its mother's race.

The only race that couldn't perhaps be the Heir would be the Khajiit or the Argonians, since it is not sure whether or not men/mer can have offspring together with the betmer/beast races.

Anyway, it was already confirmed that you are not the Heir.

My own take on the end is that there will be changes, big ones. In the First and Third Era the Empire was strong, in the Second it was weaker.

To me it seems like the Empire will enter another stage where its strengths and forces are not what they used to be. Other provinces could see the trouble in the Empire as a chance to gain more more.

Or then the Fourth Era will bring us an Akaviri invasion, or perhaps the return of the Sload.

Or perhaps the Empire is doomed after all, and the Daedra will actually be able to destroy most of Cyrodiil, perhaps even most of Tamriel. This would make an interesting beginning for TESV.
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 26 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Rane]
Or then the Fourth Era will bring us an Akaviri invasion, or perhaps the return of the Sload.

Or perhaps the Empire is doomed after all, and the Daedra will actually be able to destroy most of Cyrodiil, perhaps even most of Tamriel. This would make an interesting beginning for TESV.[/quote]

Ooh, ooh! Akaviri invasion sounds awesome! biggrin.gif

Why the return of the Sload? I mean, aren't they able to come on their own, already? I thought they could come and go (teleport) as they liked, though many people would hate their guts. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Red
post Jun 26 2005, 02:41 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

They could come back at any time, but Imperials pretty much have marked them as enemies. Plus they don't seel to have much of a fighting chance (They're like, 700 pounds each).

But an akaviri invasion would be cool. But do monkey people stand a chance against the equally stealthy and agile Khajiit? But the snow giants would be a biiiiiiig problem. I can see it now: "Help me! Help me! The igloo people are attacking!".

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 26 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Red]
But an akaviri invasion would be cool. But do monkey people stand a chance against the equally stealthy and agile Khajiit? But the snow giants would be a biiiiiiig problem. I can see it now: "Help me! Help me! The igloo people are attacking!".[/quote]

Ack, it's Frosty! biggrin.gif

Oh, and don't forget the vampiric snake-peoples!

Seriously, though. I think the Empire is not going to collapse completely... just become something different, is all. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Aki
post Jun 26 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Red]They could come back at any time, but Imperials pretty much have marked them as enemies. Plus they don't seel to have much of a fighting chance (They're like, 700 pounds each).

But an akaviri invasion would be cool. But do monkey people stand a chance against the equally stealthy and agile Khajiit? But the snow giants would be a biiiiiiig problem. I can see it now: "Help me! Help me! The igloo people are attacking!".[/quote]

I'd be more afraid of the Ka Po' Tun (Tiger folk), Tosh'Raka (The Tiger-Dragon lead of the Ka Po' Tun), and the Tsaesci (Snake-folk). They're more organized, and skilled.

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post Jun 26 2005, 07:01 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

I think the biggest change to the empire will be the loss of Morrowind. Personally, I think that if any provinces are going to rebel, Morrowind will do it first. I also think that Orvas Dren will have something to do with it as well.

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jun 26 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #15

Mage
Group Icon

Morrowind will almost certainly break free, as the Legions will be recalled to Cyrodil. Hammerfell might do the same, but i'm not too sure about that one. Kinda fuzzy about that

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Jun 26 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #16

Unregistered

I sincerely hope that everything you're saying is false. The Elder Scrolls is Tamriel. Tamriel is Cyrodill, Hammerfell, High Rock, Summerset Isle, Skyrim, Valenwood, Morrowind, Black Marsh, and Ellyswyre. Allowing any of those separate lands to break apart would completely ruin and change The Elder Scrolls lore.

Also, introducing the other continents outside Tamriel would be a big mistake. I'm already a bit weary of the fact that they finally introduced the true oblivion. If Bethesda wanted to make a game based on events outside of Tamriel, sure. But they should make it an Elder Scrolls Adventures game rather than a game fitting into the series of Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind, and Oblivion, because those games are and should be all about Tamriel.

As for the subject of another weak Era-- no. Allowing the game's story to be based on minor problems is fine and all (yes, I consider the gates of hell opening and releasing demons around the world to be a minor problem), but making the world a political and environmental mess would ruin the game. In Morrowind, I never did like playing through a baren, burned looking environment. And making the continent of Tamriel a less prosperous, or even chaotic place would ruin the game.

Summary: The Empire will NOT be destroyed, because Bethedsa is a team of people with common sense.
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 26 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

[quote=Daikirai]I sincerely hope that everything you're saying is false. The Elder Scrolls is Tamriel. Tamriel is Cyrodill, Hammerfell, High Rock, Summerset Isle, Skyrim, Valenwood, Morrowind, Black Marsh, and Ellyswyre. Allowing any of those separate lands to break apart would completely ruin and change The Elder Scrolls lore.[/quote]

The Elder Scrolls is not Tamriel, the Elder Scrolls are an object. What your talking about is merely setting. And there is a bunch of Lore on continents outside of Tamreil. Who said anything about breaking it up?

[quote=Daikirai]Also, introducing the other continents outside Tamriel would be a big mistake. I'm already a bit weary of the fact that they finally introduced the true oblivion. If Bethesda wanted to make a game based on events outside of Tamriel, sure. But they should make it an Elder Scrolls Adventures game rather than a game fitting into the series of Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind, and Oblivion, because those games are and should be all about Tamriel.[/quote]

Why should they be about Tamriel? Why not Nirn? Times change, story's change, what people want change. I think theirs a healthy amount of people that would love to see (excuse my spelling) Tscaeci culture and what not. Way more than those that don't want to see the story go anywhere

[quote=Daikirai]As for the subject of another weak Era-- no. Allowing the game's story to be based on minor problems is fine and all (yes, I consider the gates of hell opening and releasing demons around the world to be a minor problem), but making the world a political and environmental mess would ruin the game. In Morrowind, I never did like playing through a baren, burned looking environment. And making the continent of Tamriel a less prosperous, or even chaotic place would ruin the game.[/quote]

That right their would open the gates for a BETTER game. Political intruige at its greatest. Problems to be solved by the hero. No one ever said the world would always be green.. (doh)

[quote=Daikirai]Summary: The Empire will NOT be destroyed, because Bethedsa is a team of people with common sense.[/quote]

Summary: The Empire will NOT/MAYBE/SHOULD be destroyed

I'm glad you don't work for Beth or they would of gone bankrupt a long time ago..

And please, the lore has been changed more times then you obviously realize. So ADDING to the lore is very acceptable

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post Jun 26 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

What is the Elder Scrolls, by the way? I thought they were some sort of scrolls that tell about legends and happenings in Nirn or something? :ashamed: I'm still unclear about what the Elder Scrolls really are...
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jun 26 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #19

Mage
Group Icon

I think they're some kind of prophetic scrolls that contain knowledge of everything that was, is and will be

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jun 27 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

[quote=MerGirl]What is the Elder Scrolls, by the way? I thought they were some sort of scrolls that tell about legends and happenings in Nirn or something? :ashamed: I'm still unclear about what the Elder Scrolls really are...[/quote]

From Nigedo's FAQ from the Lore Official Forum:

"These powerful tools of prophecy and divination, the prize of the Empire, tell of every event that ever has or will have happened. The Cyrodiilic Moth priests, who are their keepers, invoke the Elder Scrolls by ritually attuning them to a specific time or space and attempt to interpret the glyphs that form upon their surface.

The Scrolls are believed to be kept in the Imperial City and may be stored in the Hall Of Records, which may form part of the Imperial Palace.

The Moth priests belong to a monastic order founded by Tiber Septim and dedicated to the god Julianos, the Cyrodiilic Divine whose sphere is 'literature, law, history, and contradiction'."

(that was from TIL)

That bbrings up the question.. If the empire should fall, what would happen to the elder scrolls?

--------------------
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:54 PM