Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 49 50 51 52 53 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
Sakiri
post Jun 24 2018, 10:56 AM
Post #1001

Master
Group Icon

Well, decrepit, when they're up I'll watch. ^^

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 24 2018, 12:54 PM
Post #1002

Master
Group Icon

Don't think I've mentioned that for much of my adult life I've had rare isolated occurrences of what I'll call sure-fire intuition. All of a sudden it comes to me that something's going to happen, and it does. Never anything of consequence and so infrequent I tend to forget about them unless reminded. I'm reminded.

I had what "might" be one such moment yesterday morning during my walk. Was on the return portion of the second of my two travels up and down my street. (In between I walk up and down the next street over.) At one point I noticed a lady in her car, parked in her driveway. It sudden came to me that she would definitely NOT see me and I had better alter my course to avoid potential catastrophe. I crossed to the opposite side of the street, and proceeded to put it out of my mind. A bit later a car pulls up beside me, its window down. It's the lady, seeming rather shaken. She proceeds to apologize profusely for not seeing me while backing out. This went on some time. I thanked her for her concern and tried to assure her that no harm was done and that I had taken steps to keep myself safe. (That's true only in that once I'd crossed the street my intuition ceased. I assumed that meant the matter was taken care of and paid no more attention to her.) Now, I can't prove this to be an instance of intuition. It can as easily be attributed to good common sense. But my thinking the lady would definitely not see me and that proving to be true and her reacting as she did is sort of suspicious. What think ye?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 24 2018, 01:47 PM
Post #1003

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jun 24 2018, 07:54 AM) *

Don't think I've mentioned that for much of my adult life I've had rare isolated occurrences of what I'll call sure-fire intuition. All of a sudden it comes to me that something's going to happen, and it does. Never anything of consequence and so infrequent I tend to forget about them unless reminded. I'm reminded.

I had what "might" be one such moment yesterday morning during my walk. Was on the return portion of the second of my two travels up and down my street. (In between I walk up and down the next street over.) At one point I noticed a lady in her car, parked in her driveway. It sudden came to me that she would definitely NOT see me and I had better alter my course to avoid potential catastrophe. I crossed to the opposite side of the street, and proceeded to put it out of my mind. A bit later a car pulls up beside me, its window down. It's the lady, seeming rather shaken. She proceeds to apologize profusely for not seeing me while backing out. This went on some time. I thanked her for her concern and tried to assure her that no harm was done and that I had taken steps to keep myself safe. (That's true only in that once I'd crossed the street my intuition ceased. I assumed that meant the matter was taken care of and paid no more attention to her.) Now, I can't prove this to be an instance of intuition. It can as easily be attributed to good common sense. But my thinking the lady would definitely not see me and that proving to be true and her reacting as she did is sort of suspicious. What think ye?

When I read the first line, the first thought in my head was that line in an old movie I like where the man's X-wife is (unbeknownst to him) on her way to his house; and the man turns to his foreman and says, "You ever have a feelin' that something bad is about to happen, like a storm brewin'?"

Also, the show "Frasier" always has several people getting that instinct whenever one of Frasier's X-wives is approaching without anyone knowing they are due.

To me, that sounds like really good instincts and you listening/responding when they occur. That ability works really well if you have children because you can foresee potential disasters and "child proof" whatever the situation is to keep your little monster angel safe. I have the ability to do it in that sense; and because of it was able to get a garage that repaired those big semi-truck engines a five star rating and a plaque for their wall from OSHA.

I do think the woman's reaction was kind of dramatic, though; if she was just parked in the driveway when you saw her and not flying back at too fast a clip and just missing you or something.

My former next door neighbor of decades used to just "assume" her driveway was empty if she didn't have a guest; and she would plop into the driver's seat, put her car in reverse and just floor it. Well, my former Mother-in-Law had parked at the end of her driveway once and her brand new car got creamed.

The lesson here for you is probably never to trust a woman behind the wheel of a car...er...

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 24 2018, 03:12 PM
Post #1004

Master
Group Icon

Who's brand new car, the mother in law's or the crappy neighbor that doesn't watch where sh's pulling out?

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 24 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #1005

Master
Group Icon

Tomorrow's project, reinstalling all my mods, bit by bit til I figure out what's causing the stutter.

Goodbye, Svenja. You had a good run. ><

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 24 2018, 10:20 PM
Post #1006

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 24 2018, 10:12 AM) *

Who's brand new car, the mother in law's or the crappy neighbor that doesn't watch where sh's pulling out?

Mother-in-Law's brand new car got T-boned = the neighbor's old tank didn't get a dent, just a few scratches on the bumper.

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 24 2018, 04:05 PM) *

Tomorrow's project, reinstalling all my mods, bit by bit til I figure out what's causing the stutter.

You may need to re-install your game?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 25 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #1007

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 24 2018, 11:20 PM) *

Mother-in-Law's brand new car got T-boned = the neighbor's old tank didn't get a dent, just a few scratches on the bumper.

I may.

It *looks* like something isn't playing nicely with SKSE but if I can't find out what, I might have to reinstall from scratch. Just in case.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 26 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #1008

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 25 2018, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 24 2018, 11:20 PM) *

I may.

It *looks* like something isn't playing nicely with SKSE but if I can't find out what, I might have to reinstall from scratch. Just in case.

I think I have to completely reinstall several of my Steam games, and my Oblivion game as well = something messed up somewhere when I moved Steam to my PC from my laptop; and suddenly Oblivion and the Creation Kit quit working. I have been dying to play Fallout 3 lately with 76 coming out, but none of my Steam games are playing suddenly. Urgh.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 26 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #1009

Master
Group Icon

Ugh. That's awful.

I think I've narrowed my problem down to the latest update of SKSE.

*sighs*

This means, if I'm going to do another video project, I can't use it or any of the like three mods I use that require it. Which is pretty bad, I like the helmet toggle, and SkyUI.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 26 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #1010

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 26 2018, 03:15 PM) *

Ugh. That's awful.

*sighs*

This means, if I'm going to do another video project, I can't use it or any of the like three mods I use that require it. Which is pretty bad, I like the helmet toggle, and SkyUI.

Wow, I have never had an issue with SKSE. I don't think I could play the game without SkyUI.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 26 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #1011

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 26 2018, 09:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 26 2018, 03:15 PM) *

Ugh. That's awful.

*sighs*

Wow, I have never had an issue with SKSE. I don't think I could play the game without SkyUI.

Me either.

I might just have to go with the plan and an alarm. Reset the game every half hour to 45 minutes.

It's terrible but I wanted to do it before WoW's expansion hits because with a raid team to prep for I won't have time to play Skyrim. Launch is 14 August.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 26 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #1012

Master
Group Icon

Crappy couple of days. Brother spent Sunday night on my sofa again. Had those extras toppers in place from the get-go this time. My bed didn't bother me nearly as much as it did LAST Sunday. But...... to be on the safe side I downed a powerful prescription sleeping pill. For normal purposes I prefer an OTC sleeping pill, as it doesn't tend to keep me groggy most of the following day. Anyway, took the pill as I retired Sunday night, circa 2215. As expected it worked like a charm. Fell asleep rather quickly, and stayed asleep all the way until just after 0400!!!! Can't beat that.

As feared its aftermath kept me zombified the entirety of the next waking day. Other than my exercise-walk, meals, and grocery run (which I nearly postponed) I did little more than nap on the couch. Had no trouble getting to sleep Monday evening. However, I woke for the first time circa 0020, an ominous warning. Woke again 0140 this morning and knew immediately the pill had at last worn off. That was it sleep wise. Read lying on the sofa as long as I could stand it. Around 0230 admitted defeat and returned to the computer.

All the above is understandable. I've had this happen before when taking the prescription pill. What I didn't count on is heavy grogginess returning circa 0600. Today has been a repeat of yesterday...mope around at the keyboard or lye/nap on the sofa. I've gotten next to no gaming in since my brother's arrival Saturday afternoon. Even now, close to 1515, I'm pretty out of it, just going through the motions.

On a positive note:
Some time ago I lost a great pair of flip up sun-glasses. Man were those things effective! Had 'em for years, certainly well over a decade. Then one Monday I reached down where I keep 'em in the car to find them missing. I looked and looked but never saw them. Returned to the car several time for more searches. Zilch. Bought a replacement pair at Walmart. It proved to be total crap. Didn't protect me from road/sun glare worth beans. Not that it mattered for long. Two weeks after purchase they disintegrated into several pieces. Couldn't figure out how to put it back together.

This Monday, about to start the car and head out for my weekly grocery run, I made a quick token search between car seat. There they were. My old clip-ons. Where they obviously had to have been the whole time. Staring me in the face. Why I didn't see them sooner I'll never know. One possibility. At least two previous searches had been during bright sunny weather. I noticed them under dark overcast skies. Might have been that bright sunlight kept me from seeing the dark area between seats sufficiently. Whatever the reason I have my beloved clip-ons back.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 26 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #1013

Master
Group Icon

Great you found them! Bad you're not sleeping. I don't like prescription pills for the same reason. sad.gif

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 28 2018, 04:07 AM
Post #1014

Master
Group Icon

Transport Fever Scenic Ride-Along ep4 is uploading. It's been "in the can" ready to go a solid week. I prefer spacing episodes roughly a week apart. Assuming I settle on something worth "filming" within that time frame, that is. Only a small portion of my TpF map sports added scenery. I will soon exhaust filming possibilities within that confined area. I have at least two more train routes worth showing, though neither sports my best scenic efforts. I suspect I might have another truck/bus route or two worth capturing but that remains to be seen.

The video likely won't be ready to "publish" until around breakfast time tomorrow morning, freak power outage excepted. Rest assured I'll ruin your day linking it soon afterward.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 28 2018, 05:41 AM
Post #1015

Master
Group Icon

Nah, not a ruined day. smile.gif

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 28 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #1016

Master
Group Icon

Here it is, Transport Fever Scenic Ride-Along ep4 - to and from Chesham Steel Mill Rail Station. As usual, blurring is bothersome when the train is in motion, which is almost always the case. (I ended up preferring Theater Mode rather than Full Screen, but you might feel otherwise.) As usual, YouTube defaults me to 720p playback, though it was uploaded at 1080p and can be set to that resolution online. More so than previous uploads I suffer numerous brief freezes during playback. Doubt you guys will experience that.

More so than previous series entries this episode reflects my current level of (in)competence at adding scenic detail to Transport Fever, much of what is seen being added only days before raw footage was shot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 28 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #1017

Master
Group Icon

At least it's not like me, who ruined 4 hours of recording with a squeaky chair because I forgot to mute my microphone in OBS.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #1018

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 28 2018, 06:42 AM) *

At least it's not like me, who ruined 4 hours of recording with a squeaky chair because I forgot to mute my microphone in OBS.

I'm sure it was frustrating at the time, but...

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

I can't help but picture in my mind hearing the recording with the squeaking chair, and ...

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 28 2018, 01:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 28 2018, 02:08 PM
Post #1019

Master
Group Icon

Yeah it's pretty funny. And it was only 4 hours.

I'll rerecord it later.

Now if only my SKSE was working right.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 28 2018, 02:45 PM
Post #1020

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Jun 28 2018, 09:08 AM) *

Yeah it's pretty funny. And it was only 4 hours.

I'll rerecord it later.

Now if only my SKSE was working right.

I just know if my PC had a mic, I have no doubt at all that I would have forgotten to mute it and had a similar recording issue, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 49 50 51 52 53 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:24 AM