Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discussion, Got a new idea, post it here!
Zorro
post Feb 1 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #241

Evoker

Oh yes that map but im pretty useles at scripting so i don't know how to do that. But good news the island is pretty much finshed i curently working on the ruin.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
heretik
post Feb 1 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #242

Retainer

awesome! Will do - I just need to re-install Oblivion. I can't wait to start. oh and college is closed today because of a snow storm, and I have the entire weekend - so if there is anything you want/need soon - this is a wicked opportunity for me to get it done. I'll post as soon as I've tried it out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Feb 1 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #243

Evoker

That would be great.

We should need a script that can take you and your ship to the island and back to the town, then we could put it on a map and and place it in a good spot.

And maybe an rusty ancient looking cutlass.
+Quote Post
heretik
post Feb 1 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #244

Retainer

Alright - I know this is copping out a bit... but I installed oblivion, the 1.2 patch, The Dungeons of Ivellon, and I plugged in the skip tutorial thing to try to jump in there and check out the new lichs, and skeletons and stuff... however, seeing as though I just restarted the game, my character is nowhere near strong enough to fight everything once I get there, and I read the book - and while I SERIOUSLY applaud you for actually developping a bit of a plot, and a interesting quest in order to get there, I think I'm just going to keep playing, and by the time I get to a point where I can get in there, then I will tell you about it. I checked on the internet though for pictures of the ghouls, lichs, and skeletons, and ran into the trailer for the mod. that part at least looks really sweet.

In any case, I'm going to see if I can figure out how to load up the models from in the game into maya... I know there is something called NIF or something that allows you to do it, so I'm going to see if I can at least figure out how to get a model from in the game into maya, and then re-export it so that it could go into the game. just a quick test. I noticed on the welcome board that you guys wanted a bandana, and a tricorn hat etc., so I'm going to see if i can just make something like that - just small to kick me off and familiarize myself with whatever problems I might run into as we progress.

I will get to the Ivellon dungeons - and I will tell you my impressions, but I just don't want to ruin the experience for the sake of checking out the wicked stuff you guys made... I don't suppose you would have any screenshots would you?

/edit - or a rusty sword.. I don't know how to use normal maps or anything yet, but I plan to learn as we go.

This post has been edited by heretik: Feb 1 2008, 09:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Feb 1 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #245

Evoker

I think you are talking about NifSkope, just search fot it at TesNexus.

And as for the screenshots as soon as a have time to make a portal to the island il take some.

The sword don't need to be rusty just try make look really old.
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Feb 1 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #246

Agent

and sadly WE didn have a day off today , for the bandana and other pirate cutlass and such darksoul have alerdy gotten them as i can recall... but they were still soem bug with them , the item where acting like Peter Pan , they didn have any shadow or any light effect ( creepy )

but the reason i told ya to chek the ivellon donjon was just for you to have a befor taste of what we will need , we forsee to be able to have a undead crew someday ,and by the look of it zorro have almost finish making the first step of having it , sadly am a man who like still , and that is where you come in , you probobly notice or read on the forum that dark soul have made our crew of behing weaponly equipable . The former idea to have a undead crew was just to make them see threw... Wich most likely to unapprove am thinking something bigger way bigger , so at the start of the ivellon donjon and of our equipable crew from pirates island we need skeleton equipable crew , ok am not asking to have every single model of armor implinted to a new skeleton , that would be boring and time cosuming , what am asking is to have at least a visible set of armor for each one that existe for our skeleton , the point is if you give the full armor set to a undead crew member the player will be able to see it ingame on the skeleton in question , for the first mate we might just make him a zombie or a vampire , dont know yet .If you dont want to , or you want something els just say it but it wont be easyer ^^

for the idea of the rusty sword... i dont know dont you think guy that a ship that crashed on a island with is crew most of them dead can be able to send a sword to offshore tongue.gif id say a message ina bottle would be more approprietate if you still go with the point of rescuing the surviver.

o ya we need a scriper or at least at some point we will need one... darksoul himself said he was tired of doing it XD

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Feb 1 2008, 11:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Feb 2 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #247

Evoker

A messege in a bottle sounds great. And i'll try post some screenshots tomorrow.
+Quote Post
heretik
post Feb 2 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #248

Retainer

Oops - oh well, it was a good excercise anyways. I'm not sure if I know how to do what you are talking about, but I guess once I figure out how to .. I guess the armour is just parented to the skeleton? I'm going to read over your reply a second time and try to figure out in more detail what is needed. I'm still going to go through with trying to get the mesh I made in the game, just because I think it will be useful to me to be more familiar with the programs involved.

hahaha - also the maya plugin for NIF importing and exporting doesn't seem to work... but I was able to import the .nif into nifscope, and then export it to .obj - which I could in turn import into maya. Here's to hoping that I can get it out the other side hahahaha. I think I'll try that before uvmapping it.

here is the bandana that I made this afternoon. once I finish it up, feel free to toss it in with the mod if you want - but if you guys already have one, there may not be much point. also... I had a thought- nothing says pirate like a beard. any way that we can build that into the game? I guess it would have to be in the form of an equippable hat or something...

cheers guys! I'll be playing oblivion tonight, and I'll start making my way towards the dungeon.

IPB Image

*** hmm I managed to get the bandana into the game. or at least into the TES editor, and gave it to a vendor to sell. which did work. however, when I assigned it to the character, you could not see it on him. I know I screwed up somewhere, but I don't even know where to start. I'm going to dig around on the internet to see what I can find.

This post has been edited by heretik: Feb 2 2008, 01:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Feb 2 2008, 03:28 AM
Post #249

Agent

very talented modeler but like alway without a scripter we might have a hard time , i got the creator of the ivellon donjon on the other line , want to have a word with him? also he told me how to make skeleton less naked , and i posted it on the 12 page i think , but anyway if you like to chit chat with him he is in his way helpfull

o ya that guy want some help with his skeleton to make it a npc and talkebale but that scripter work >.> wich that skeleton you will see is funny anyway i will edit my post later to give the direct link to him so you can chat.

bingo! http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...0&start=180

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Feb 2 2008, 03:35 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
heretik
post Feb 2 2008, 08:43 AM
Post #250

Retainer

hmmm...

so I'm not sure how to make armour equipable on skeletons - actually for that matter I haven't been able to get the bandana to show up in game yet.. but I'm working on it. I'll keep searching the internet to see what I can find. I haven't checked out the link that you posted yet with the guy from the Dungeons of Ivellon, but it's loading right now - so I'll check that out in a couple of minutes. I - as of right now at least - know pretty much nothing about scripting. I would looove to learn though - so if there is any tutorials or anything, definately send them my way, and I'll see what I can do. Really though, right now my focus is more on modeling/texturing because that is what I am best at, and that is what I need to practice before my job this summer.

I'm not too sure what the guy from Dungeons of Ivellon wants to talk about - but I'll PM you my email. same thing goes with anyone else, by the way - I'd just rather not leave it out in the open on the board- I get enough junk mail as it is lol.

Zorro: I'm sorry man - I completely missed the post you made about the screenshots! YEah that would be much appreciated!!! thank you so much! I don't know how to make something transparent... well... not outside of the procedural texturing that you can use within Maya. appariently it does export 'cause the bandana loaded with colour as a .nif - so that's promising - outside of that - yeah modelling a few bottles should be no problem at all. it would be really sweet if I could get the message inside it to be loose so that it would rattle within the bottle. even sweeter if the bottle would float and drift with the tide, and the physics were worked out for the parchment inside as well -but baby steps I guess.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Feb 2 2008, 09:59 AM
Post #251

Evoker

Yeah if you could make a bottle like this it would be awsome. And the bandana looks great i hope that you manage to make it show up in game.

I have the screenshot but were do i upload the? i have no idea.

This post has been edited by Zorro: Feb 2 2008, 10:24 AM
+Quote Post
heretik
post Feb 2 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #252

Retainer

I will start on the bottle as soon as I'm done the bandana - - and at that point, I should be able to do it pretty fast. I've got the bandana loaded in the game, and it works fine except that I need to make a normal map for the texture to appear. Plus, I should probably actually make a UV map that looks nice, and then it will be waaaaay nicer to look at. I know that you *can make normal maps in Zbrush... I'm just not sure how yet... I'll see what kind of info I can dig up tomorrow - but if I can, I can make the bandana have some wicked folds and creases that light dynamically.

I am having a problem though - the mesh will load in teh game, but not in the inventory screen. any ideas?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

oh - by the way - I'm just using a photobucket account. you can use imageshack to upload pictures to too, but I can't ask you to do that exclusively for me. if you think you'll continue to use it, awesome, if not, I dunno, I can toss you my email or something.

thanks Zorro! later guys - I'm hitting the sack.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Feb 2 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #253

Evoker

Yeah give me your emails so i can send you the screens or i'll just send you my esp. Wich one? And the bandana looks awesome. And i don't know why it don't show up in the inventory.

And one thing more im trying learn retexturing but i am stuck. Here is my problem i have made a copy of the mesh i wanna retex and the texture including the normal map, but when i add my mesh to the world its pink. I think the problem is that i haven't linked the texure to the mesh. I've read so many tutorials but i have never got it right, could you give me some advices?

This post has been edited by Zorro: Feb 2 2008, 02:45 PM
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Feb 2 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #254

Agent

well this is the info i got out from how to work with skeleton

Clothes on skeletons: you have to rename some bones in nifskope, then you're able to use them via models panel in the CS. Only NPCs are able to wear armors/clothes lying in their inventory

personaly i dont get it well only the armor that cant be wear by a creature , but that probleme will be fixed in time.

for the image posting i made myself a page on deviantart tongue.gif

and while we are at it just to know , what did you give the ruin to make it more astec like? can you simply change the color of the ruin from white blue to yellow?

and i guess we will need some idol... i dont think we will use the deadric statue... or maybe we will , who miss the big slime on the montaine left of cyrondil ^^

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Feb 2 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #255

Evoker

The inside of the ruin can be done with lightining but the out side will need a retex. I figured out that if would be better if i just send my esp so thats what im gonna do.
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Feb 2 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #256

Agent

lightning will make it yellow???? or yellow for a brief then? i dont think i get ya there.

This post has been edited by barreldragons: Feb 2 2008, 10:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Feb 2 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #257

Evoker

If you change the lightning to a yellow color the interior will look yellowish but the outside will still be blueish. So the outside is the only thing that we need to retexture.
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Feb 3 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #258

Agent

a ok you change the blue crystal light to yellow , send screen shot? also do you need idol for fating up the treasure?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zorro
post Feb 3 2008, 08:20 AM
Post #259

Evoker

I don't know if we need a idol.
+Quote Post
barreldragons
post Feb 3 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #260

Agent

i think we do no shair the same view of a room filling with shiniess

http://davelandweb.com/potc/images/DSC_3960.jpg

and of course the main stuff

--------------------
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:36 AM