Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Jul 30 2018, 06:07 AM
Post #2941

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 29 2018, 08:43 PM) *

I almost got them from the Gem store but I'd only be able to get 4 (I mean, that's all I needed...) and I want to save my Gems for other things. It's a good thing my Motif Fund is constantly being filled, what with all the new motifs from Summerset's dailies and my decision to start selling all the motifs I held onto from the event. Maybe I'll have every available motif again, at least for a short time.

Anyways, congrats on the Ebony. I imagine that using the vouchers for other things kept you from getting it.

Ah, right, Fjotreid's reached 40 in Jewelry crafting, which means that the currently active characters will almost master the skill. I'm thinking it's time I start giving intricates to Ruben instead of Lucius. He already has a few stacks of Platinum saved up in storage (along with a lot of surveys) so losing a few ounces probably won't make much of a difference. The only downside is that he's still at level 31, so he'll still find Copper nodes. Good thing everyone else maxed out the Skill. :U

laugh.gif It sure did, lol. I kind of liked being able to get almost that whole Pyandonean set for free by all those free crates of worthless junk we've been getting, lol. I am hoping to buy the Fang Lair and Scalecaller without spending Crowns on them if at all possible; but it is good to know the option for buying them with Crowns is there just in case they have another REAL sale on them (= 40% off).

This past week my son moved his ESO game onto my computer because he didn't want to play it anymore and his PC was not handling it as well anymore. So I got on his game and was pretty stunned to find out that his character and my old two characters on there from over three years ago (before I bought my own game) = are all under level 50; and none of them have CP points!

Worse = that game doesn't have ESO Plus! No Craft Bag! I'm juggling inventory like I haven't had to do for years!!! And No DLC's! No accelerated XP! No Double Housing Slots!!!!! And no Summerset; so I can't even access a Jewelry station to grind stuff up!

GAAAAAAH! verysad.gif

So I spent this week taking the highest level character and grinding her on Skyshard runs; Dolmen; and Discovering Wayshrines for the XP just to try and get her to level 50! She was at 37 a week ago; and after days and days of grinding she just reached level 40! Grrrrr. Boy do I miss the accelerated XP the Plus membership gives you! sad.gif And when I see all those skyshards I CAN't get in all those DLC zone = Boy do I miss my Plus membership! And I'm sure when I start decorating any houses I get on that game = boy will I miss that Plus membership!

My son's character on that game is a male Sorc, which Acadian has agreed to help me build and learn to play! (my account has all 8 slots used up).

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 30 2018, 01:48 PM
Post #2942

Councilor
Group Icon

I note that you can't buy Fang Lair and Scalecaller motifs in the Crown Store on the PTS, so that could mean they're going away on live soon.

Unna bought the FL chests chapter from the Guild merchants, even though the price didn't drop the way we hoped. We had the gold, and the crew has all the houses they need for now.

And she did her first PUG in the Banished Cells, just to clear up that quest from her journal. She queued as DPS, and we knew things would be interesting when all three of the others wore robes and carried staves. Even the so-called tank. ohmy.gif So she ended up trying to do that role, without a taunt, just by herding the bosses into a corner. Not very successful at that, but we did finish the dungeon, and get the trophy. It makes me want to see what Laurie or even Cat Man Dhou can do as genuine tanks.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 1 2018, 12:29 AM
Post #2943

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 28 2018, 01:21 PM) *

I had a funny friend that was traveling with me in Cyrodiil = they got killed and said they were done playing in Cyrodiil and were leaving. We were on TeamSpeak together; so he heard the other girl and I saying we were going to Weynon Priory next.

So our network must have been linked to somewhere really close. He got to Weynon Priory (before we did, we were riding on horseback) and he hid; then sneaked up behind us just as the other girl and I were crawling toward the skyshard at Weynon Priory - he set down a shard on top of me and I thought it was an enemy dropping his ultimate on me = I jumped a mile and screamed, the other girl did too! He laughed his head off!

It was really nice of the guy to ride with you afterward! I really like how quickly you can gain allies down there!

That’s hilarious! Is this funny friend the dancing naked vampire from Hundings Hall? I love it when people are having fun, and not just running, running, running.

Lildereth spent some time in Cyrodiil today. She didn’t take Elke up on the offer of specialized gear, but she got her jobs done anyway. At one point she ported into a keep with the intent of traveling on to her assignment only to be greeted at the front door by explosions from outside. A peek through the window (it is so cool that you can see through them!) revealed that the Covenant had arrived and seemed intent on breaking things.

Two other Dominion souls were inside the keep with her, in addition to the guards. Lildereth joined them on the walls to take shots at the Covenant force and look for a way out. She didn’t see one. When the front door came down and the river of blue poured inside, the other two fell back to the inner keep for the purpose of “whatever fools do right before they die,” in Lil’s words. She dropped over the wall and away. This elf is not going to bleed for an ugly pile of Imperial rocks.

A picture: Lil and Shadow atop White Fall Mountain.

In non-battle news, Darnand ran the crew out of mudcrab chitin and so had the task of re-stocking. I don’t believe he had ever gone crab hunting, because this was the first time he had to choose a crabbing outfit. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 1 2018, 12:59 AM
Post #2944

Paladin
Group Icon

Lil - ohmy.gif

Darnand - laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 1 2018, 01:49 AM
Post #2945

Ancient
Group Icon

I've never seen Darnand out of his Mage's Robe before !!!! I love hearing about the Cyrodiil adventures! (and don't blame you for taking flight when it is three against a hoard, lol).

No, it wasn't the dancing vampire; it was another guy who is full of mischief, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 1 2018, 04:55 AM
Post #2946

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 31 2018, 07:29 PM) *

In non-battle news, Darnand ran the crew out of mudcrab chitin and so had the task of re-stocking. I don’t believe he had ever gone crab hunting, because this was the first time he had to choose a crabbing outfit. tongue.gif

Shouldn't a crabbing outfit always include very heavy Sabatons? They can't reach any higher, so the rest is fine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 1 2018, 07:35 AM
Post #2947

Ancient
Group Icon

Ghastley = I hope you don't mind, but I popped into your Primary Residence because I was in a dungeon on my son's game and needed to fast travel out, your name was directly below his. I absolutely LOVE what you did with the Twin Arches! And your Dog House outside was sheer genius! Really great decorating job inside, I love how you changed it up from the setup the game gives on that one, your way looks so much better!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 1 2018, 03:36 PM
Post #2948

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 1 2018, 02:35 AM) *

And your Dog House outside was sheer genius!

Cheapness is the true mother of invention. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 1 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #2949

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 1 2018, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 1 2018, 02:35 AM) *

And your Dog House outside was sheer genius!

Cheapness is the true mother of invention. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 2 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #2950

Mouth
Group Icon

Today I realized that Eolan didn't have a single skill point invested in the One-Handed and Shield skill's passives ever since he cured his lycanthropy. Which was probably a year ago, at least. He has tanked several bosses this way.

Only reason I noticed was because of how much trouble Graveld gave him with only one other player around (he survived to the end, but only barely). Being a Breton, he should have been able to take those magical attacks a lot better so I realized something was up. Probably should have checked when I noticed Ruella Many-Claws gave him trouble, too, but I just figured that boss is disgusting. :v

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 2 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #2951

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh my! There are indeed some pretty potent tank passives in there - don't leave home without 'em. laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 3 2018, 07:51 AM
Post #2952

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 2 2018, 04:36 PM) *

Today I realized that Eolan didn't have a single skill point invested in the One-Handed and Shield skill's passives ever since he cured his lycanthropy. Which was probably a year ago, at least. He has tanked several bosses this way.

Only reason I noticed was because of how much trouble Graveld gave him with only one other player around (he survived to the end, but only barely). Being a Breton, he should have been able to take those magical attacks a lot better so I realized something was up. Probably should have checked when I noticed Ruella Many-Claws gave him trouble, too, but I just figured that boss is disgusting. :v

Poor Eolan! He must be pretty tough!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 3 2018, 06:35 PM
Post #2953

Councilor
Group Icon

Forgot to mention this.

At the start of the Midyear Mayhem, I sent Unna into Cyrodiil (to get some skyshards more than anything) and she came back with out crew's first Hakeijo rune from the second Boon Box. So now we have the false impression that they're common in Cyrodiil.

Well they're certainly uncommon elsewhere. So relatively speaking....

At least Laurie was able to cash in one of her pending Master Writs. Still has another waiting, which Blossom will probably do, so that she "learns" it in the process.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 3 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #2954

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 3 2018, 01:35 PM) *

Forgot to mention this.

At the start of the Midyear Mayhem, I sent Unna into Cyrodiil (to get some skyshards more than anything) and she came back with out crew's first Hakeijo rune from the second Boon Box. So now we have the false impression that they're common in Cyrodiil.

Well they're certainly uncommon elsewhere. So relatively speaking....

At least Laurie was able to cash in one of her pending Master Writs. Still has another waiting, which Blossom will probably do, so that she "learns" it in the process.

Always good to get a Hakeijo! Congrats to Unna!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 12 2018, 01:58 AM
Post #2955

Councilor
Group Icon

Unna went collecting the remaining parts of the Precursor, and installed it at Cat Man Dhou's home at Sleek Creek. We'll make that the primary residence for a while, in case anyone else wants to play.

Sleek Creek has the three equipment stations now, which fills in a bit more of the blank space. We borrowed a brazier from Mathiisen Manor for now, but will probably use a different one that's more style-neutral. We're also trying to pick the right planter (and plant) for the balcony. There is foliage but no flowers, so a bloom is a must.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 12 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #2956

Mouth
Group Icon

So with Fjotreid having finished leveling Jewelry Crafting a while back and both Ruben and Lucius nearly reaching 40, all that will be left will be to finish research on Ruben and Dravean. Still haven't gotten a Swift necklace to drop but I guess I have time, since Dravean still has the Bloodthirsty ring to research.

That aside, crafting writs will be made less annoying tomorrow so there's that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 13 2018, 03:17 PM
Post #2957

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 12 2018, 03:15 PM) *

So with Fjotreid having finished leveling Jewelry Crafting a while back and both Ruben and Lucius nearly reaching 40, all that will be left will be to finish research on Ruben and Dravean. Still haven't gotten a Swift necklace to drop but I guess I have time, since Dravean still has the Bloodthirsty ring to research.

Is it just Jewelry crafting writs that get changed, or did I miss something?

Laurie just completed her largest so far - 267 vouchers! - so now we're trying to decide what to do with them.

All the crafters have their home workbenches, and Laurie has made a robust dummy already. Attuned stations are a large commitment, if we start down that road, we'd want to make them all, and mALX already has them. There are a couple of motifs for sale for vouchers, but I've been buying only what I need for writs so far, and those haven't been on the radar. The gold furnishings don't appeal (yet) as we're still making the ordinary stuff for the crew's homes, constrained by the materials (and plans).

Most likely we'll sit on them until a real need arises.

----

And now for something completely different. I've noticed a couple of new Buffys logging in and out recently. Buffy the Shadowdancer and Buffy the Small both seem to be low-level, and so presumably newish. How many incarnations of Buffy are there now?

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 13 2018, 03:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 13 2018, 05:46 PM
Post #2958

Paladin
Group Icon

Hee! Buffy can change class like she changes hairstyles. Currently:

Magic Templar healer CP780 Dame Buffy
Magic Sorc dps CP780 Buffy the Stormbringer
Stamina Sorc bow/bow CP780 Buffy the Butterfly
Stamina Nightblade bow/bow L37 Buffy the Shadowdancer
Stamina Warden bow/bow L21 (resting) Buffy the Clouddancer
Magic Nightblade dps L16 Buffy the Small

She also wanted to try being a main tank ohmy.gif. Understandably, however, that is just a bridge too far for the fragile little elf. So she made poor old Sir Acadian manifest as a Dragonknight main tank (CP780). laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 13 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #2959

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 13 2018, 09:17 AM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 12 2018, 03:15 PM) *

Is it just Jewelry crafting writs that get changed, or did I miss something?

They finally fixed the max tier Provisioning writs so that the old (CP 140) max tier recipes weren't included and also fixed them so that they have a cycle again. They've been broken for almost 2 years now (since the max tier writs were moved from Orsinium back to Belkarth, whichever patch that was). They also made it so that you only need to craft 3 items for equipment writs, like the max tiers, so that's less gathering and inventory space taken up.

==

Anyways, finished researching Swift ring today and WOOOOOOO! WOOOOOOOOO!

Can't wait to be harassed by nearby randos to craft them things every time i log in.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 14 2018, 03:14 AM
Post #2960

Paladin
Group Icon

So today Buffy took a big step (for her). She did a solo no death run on a group dungeon. One of today's pledges was Wayrest Sewers 1 so that is what she did - normal of course. It was a nice confidence booster for her, sort of like the first time she soloed a dolmen or a world boss. Well, technically I guess it wasn't solo since she had Drusilla (Twilight Matriarch summon) with her - but hey, Dru didn't die either. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 146 147 148 149 150 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:45 AM