Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 69 70 71 72 73 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
mirocu
post Feb 5 2019, 06:23 PM
Post #1401

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Feb 4 2019, 10:24 PM) *

Imo, no point in having toys you'll never play with.

I disagree. Sometimes just having them is enough smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 5 2019, 06:24 PM
Post #1402

Master
Group Icon

Toys?!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 5 2019, 06:44 PM
Post #1403

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 5 2019, 11:24 AM) *

Toys. Man I miss that movie.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 6 2019, 02:04 PM
Post #1404

Master
Group Icon

Failed Project 1: Upload TpF excursion episode to YouTube.

While not happy with its text narrative, I finalized Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep15 Monday morning, intending to upload it overnight that evening. Totally forgot about it until already in bed for the day. Same thing happened Tuesday, didn't remember until too late. Am hoping I do better tonight.

Failed Project 2: Prepare 2018 Fed & State tax returns.

This past Sunday, during my brother's visit, I checked to insure I have all needed tax statements. Lacked two, a bank statement, which I swear I have somewhere, and a Mutual Fund statement. Went online and was able to get needed Bank info. As for the Mutual Fund statement, turns out it will not be ready until mid month. Bah! I want it done and over with, much as I fear finding myself owing far more than ever before, as so many lower income folks are discovering this year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 7 2019, 12:38 PM
Post #1405

Master
Group Icon

Project: Upload Transport Fever Scenic Excursions episode.

TpF SRA ep15, "Fuel for Chesham: What, this again?" edition, was uploaded to YouTube overnight and is now available for view. A link is found in our "What are you playing?" thread.

Otherwise, I've no in-progress projects worth mentioning until later in the month when I can at last prepare tax returns. None other than to begin work on another Scenic Excursions episode, that is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #1406

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 6 2019, 08:04 AM) *

Failed Project 1: Upload TpF excursion episode to YouTube.

While not happy with its text narrative, I finalized Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep15 Monday morning, intending to upload it overnight that evening. Totally forgot about it until already in bed for the day. Same thing happened Tuesday, didn't remember until too late. Am hoping I do better tonight.

Failed Project 2: Prepare 2018 Fed & State tax returns.

This past Sunday, during my brother's visit, I checked to insure I have all needed tax statements. Lacked two, a bank statement, which I swear I have somewhere, and a Mutual Fund statement. Went online and was able to get needed Bank info. As for the Mutual Fund statement, turns out it will not be ready until mid month. Bah! I want it done and over with, much as I fear finding myself owing far more than ever before, as so many lower income folks are discovering this year.

What a frustrating day this must have been! Well, I know Episode 15 got up and was spectacular; so hopefully your taxes got done at least partially as well as the vid.

I find it ridiculous that the people (with the most to do it with) seem to find a way to pay the least taxes and put the burden of the taxes onto the people least able to come up with them! Grrrrr!

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 7 2019, 06:38 AM) *

Project: Upload Transport Fever Scenic Excursions episode.

TpF SRA ep15, "Fuel for Chesham: What, this again?" edition, was uploaded to YouTube overnight and is now available for view. A link is found in our "What are you playing?" thread.

Otherwise, I've no in-progress projects worth mentioning until later in the month when I can at last prepare tax returns. None other than to begin work on another Scenic Excursions episode, that is.

And it's a great one! I just saw it a little while ago!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 13 2019, 07:42 PM
Post #1407

Master
Group Icon

Wait, how did I not know this?????????????

Been working on Tax Returns since my Mutual Fund company notified me that its tax forms are at last available. Hit a bit of a SNAFU at the very end. TurboTax says one State form is not yet finalized. I'm dead in the water until it's available. I suppose I can go ahead and file my Fed return. Might do so, but think I'll wait it out.

That's not my amazing surprise.

My state refund is normally minuscule. So close to zero that I can easily end up owing. Hasn't happened in some years, but it's possible. This year I noticed an odd thing while inputting info into TurboTax. State Tax kept showing a potential circa $750 REFUND!!!!! I assumed it would drop to 'normal' level at some point in the process . Nope. No drop. Then...entering my military retirement pension, I was greeted with a check-mark to exempt the ENTIRE amount!!!! I'm like...wait...wait, what's going on? Checked online. Sure enough, beginning 2018 my State began exempting military retirement in its entirety!!!! Prior to 2018, it exempted only the first $6k. How in the world I didn't learn of this sooner is beyond me. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 13 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #1408

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 13 2019, 01:42 PM) *

Wait, how did I not know this?????????????

Been working on Tax Returns since my Mutual Fund company notified me that its tax forms are at last available. Hit a bit of a SNAFU at the very end. TurboTax says one State form is not yet finalized. I'm dead in the water until it's available. I suppose I can go ahead and file my Fed return. Might do so, but think I'll wait it out.

That's not my amazing surprise.

My state refund is normally minuscule. So close to zero that I can easily end up owing. Hasn't happened in some years, but it's possible. This year I noticed an odd thing while inputting info into TurboTax. State Tax kept showing a potential circa $750 REFUND!!!!! I assumed it would drop to 'normal' level at some point in the process . Nope. No drop. Then...entering my military retirement pension, I was greeted with a check-mark to exempt the ENTIRE amount!!!! I'm like...wait...wait, what's going on? Checked online. Sure enough, beginning 2018 my State began exempting military retirement in its entirety!!!! Prior to 2018, it exempted only the first $6k. How in the world I didn't learn of this sooner is beyond me. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. tongue.gif

That is Awesome! Congrats, I'm sure you will put the extra fund to good use! If it ends up being enjoyed in an extra dinner with your Brother; we want the story on it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 13 2019, 08:43 PM
Post #1409

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 13 2019, 08:34 PM) *

That is Awesome! Congrats, I'm sure you will put the extra fund to good use! If it ends up being enjoyed in an extra dinner with your Brother; we want the story on it!

I want to know if Decrepit finally ordered dessert! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 13 2019, 09:39 PM
Post #1410

Master
Group Icon

I went to Target and by the grace of the Toy Gods I found the PERFECT playset for my Horde figures and I mean PERFECT!!!

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 13 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #1411

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Feb 13 2019, 03:39 PM) *

I went to Target and by the grace of the Toy Gods I found the PERFECT playset for my Horde figures and I mean PERFECT!!!

Oh, a friend of mine had something like that to bring his figurines to my house and play = when you opened it up it had a whole setup of a castle in there with drawbridges and everything; plus all the figurines; etc = I wanted one!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 14 2019, 02:23 AM
Post #1412

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 13 2019, 02:57 PM) *

Oh, a friend of mine had something like that to bring his figurines to my house and play = when you opened it up it had a whole setup of a castle in there with drawbridges and everything; plus all the figurines; etc = I wanted one!

Sounds cool. I have most of the Master of the Universe playset vintage and modern I even have Snake Mountain but all the play features are on the outside as the inside...Take it away Skeletor.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Feb 14 2019, 03:45 AM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 14 2019, 02:39 AM
Post #1413

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Feb 13 2019, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 13 2019, 02:57 PM) *

Sounds cool. I have most of the Master of the Universe playset vintage and modern I even Snake Mountain but all the play features are on the outside as the inside...Take it away Skeletor.

OMG, I am in love with this vid! When he ate that popcorn and got the prize I thought I would bust a gut laughing!!! AWESOME vid and especially the song!!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 14 2019, 03:49 AM
Post #1414

Master
Group Icon

I love Retroblasting, he has some good videos both funny and informative.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 21 2019, 01:31 PM
Post #1415

Master
Group Icon

Completed Project: Upload Transport Fever - Scenic Excursions Ep16 to YouTube.

Yesterday I at long last rendered out an acceptable video of my latest Scenic Excursion fiasco, and uploaded it to YouTube overnight. A link is found in our What are you playing? thread.

It began as a short tribute to JK's "Morning Star" steam locomotive mod. Only, disaster struck at the last minute. Its Project File corrupted before I could render a final upload-worthy video. That left me with an earlier render, missing much text, containing errors. For several days I debated uploading that version despite its flaws. In the end I decided against it, not so much due to its unfinished state, but because I'd been feverishly working to add scenery along the entire route. My thought was to hold off until enough scenery was in place to 're-film' the entire trip, THEN resume work on a YouTube vid documenting the journey. Which is how it worked out.

Project on Hold: Tax Returns.

I still await TurboTax informing me that a certain State tax form has been finalized. Otherwise I'm good to go. All info has been inputted, both Fed and State. I know what I'll be getting back, unless that one State Form change makes a monetary difference. (Thankfully I'm not one of those who saw their taxes skyrocket this year. smile.gif )

Contemplated Project: A Still Image video supplement to Scenic Excursions Ep16, documenting scenery not well seen (if at all) during our train ride. Am thinking to use a Beethoven piano sonata movement as musical accompaniment. (I'll use a performance that always free usage.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Feb 21 2019, 01:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 21 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #1416

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 21 2019, 07:31 AM) *

Completed Project: Upload Transport Fever - Scenic Excursions Ep16 to YouTube.

Yesterday I at long last rendered out an acceptable video of my latest Scenic Excursion fiasco, and uploaded it to YouTube overnight. A link is found in our What are you playing? thread.

It began as a short tribute to JK's "Morning Star" steam locomotive mod. Only, disaster struck at the last minute. Its Project File corrupted before I could render a final upload-worthy video. That left me with an earlier render, missing much text, containing errors. For several days I debated uploading that version despite its flaws. In the end I decided against it, not so much due to its unfinished state, but because I'd been feverishly working to add scenery along the entire route. My thought was to hold off until enough scenery was in place to 're-film' the entire trip, THEN resume work on a YouTube vid documenting the journey. Which is how it worked out.

Project on Hold: Tax Returns.

I still await TurboTax informing me that a certain State tax form has been finalized. Otherwise I'm good to go. All info has been inputted, both Fed and State. I know what I'll be getting back, unless that one State Form change makes a monetary difference. (Thankfully I'm not one of those who saw their taxes skyrocket this year. smile.gif )

Contemplated Project: A Still Image video supplement to Scenic Excursions Ep16, documenting scenery not well seen (if at all) during our train ride. Am thinking to use a Beethoven piano sonata movement as musical accompaniment. (I'll use a performance that always free usage.)

I would be very interested in seeing that vid! (With or without the music). I'd actually love to hear you talking about what you did; how you did it! (if you insist on music, you could always sing like you did on your Oblivion vids! I loved that!) .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 23 2019, 02:24 AM
Post #1417

Master
Group Icon

Not sure this belongs here, but can't think of a more suitable place to post it.

New DNA test results from 23andMe on Familial Hypercholesterolemia.

"Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) is a genetic condition associated with very high levels of cholesterol in the blood, specifically low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or "bad" cholesterol. High cholesterol due to FH increases the risk for early cardiovascular disease, which can lead to a heart attack. This test includes 24 genetic variants linked to FH.

Decrepit, you do not have the genetic variants we tested.

However, this test does not include the majority of variants linked to FH, so you could still have a variant not included in this test.

0 variants detected in the APOB and LDLR genes"

Personal projects wise, I'm still on hold awaiting a state tax form to finalize.

Being somewhat exhausted from adding scenic detail along the route traveled episode 16 for hour upon hour, day after day, I've done little more than putz around in the game since uploading.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Feb 23 2019, 02:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 23 2019, 02:43 AM
Post #1418

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 22 2019, 08:24 PM) *

Not sure this belongs here, but can't think of a more suitable place to post it.

"Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) is a genetic condition associated with very high levels of cholesterol in the blood, specifically low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or "bad" cholesterol. High cholesterol due to FH increases the risk for early cardiovascular disease, which can lead to a heart attack. This test includes 24 genetic variants linked to FH.

However, this test does not include the majority of variants linked to FH, so you could still have a variant not included in this test.

Personal projects wise, I'm still on hold awaiting a state tax form to finalize.

Being somewhat exhausted from adding scenic detail along the route traveled episode 16 for hour upon hour, day after day, I've done little more than putz around in the game since uploading.

So wait; I'm not sure I understand. Are they saying you do have it but they can't specify the variant you have because it isn't one of the strains they test for? Or are they saying you don't have it? I hope it is good news for you!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 23 2019, 02:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 23 2019, 04:04 AM
Post #1419

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 22 2019, 07:43 PM) *

So wait; I'm not sure I understand. Are they saying you do have it but they can't specify the variant you have because it isn't one of the strains they test for? Or are they saying you don't have it? I hope it is good news for you!

They're saying I don't have any variants they test for, but that their test doesn't include all variants. It's possible I might have one of those untested variants. It's just as possible I don't. Knowing I definitely don't have what they test for is a plus. As to untested variants, I'm no better or worse off than I was before in that regard. In a sense I'm better off, as there are fewer remaining variants I might or might not have. This wasn't a test conducted because some doctor thinks I have the condition. It's simply part of 23andMe's ongoing genetic research. Everyone who submits a DNA sample to 23andMe gets this sort of report on themselves from time to time.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Feb 23 2019, 05:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 25 2019, 06:40 AM
Post #1420

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 22 2019, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 22 2019, 07:43 PM) *

They're saying I don't have any variants they test for, but that their test doesn't include all variants. It's possible I might have one of those untested variants. It's just as possible I don't. Knowing I definitely don't have what they test for is a plus. As to untested variants, I'm no better or worse off than I was before in that regard. In a sense I'm better off, as there are fewer remaining variants I might or might not have. This wasn't a test conducted because some doctor thinks I have the condition. It's simply part of 23andMe's ongoing genetic research. Everyone who submits a DNA sample to 23andMe gets this sort of report on themselves from time to time.

Well, my best wishes that you don't have any variants of it then!

--------------------
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 69 70 71 72 73 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:54 PM