9 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kotor, The Knights of the Old Repulic 1 & 2 topic
SubRosa
post Jul 4 2017, 01:25 AM
Post #81

Ancient
Group Icon

I modded the texture for one of the character heads, and created Persephone in Kotor 1. smile.gif

I spent a few hours trying to figure out what she would wear. All the low-tier armors are the wrong colors. The only white or silver ones are the 5th and final tier of armors. But as it turns out, they all make your character look... larger. Too larger for even me.

Finally I found this wearable Juhani clothing mod. One of the versions is white and black. But unfortunately that one only works on the Sentinel class. Persephone is a Soldier, who got a red and black version. So I copied the white and black version and replaced the soldier's version with it.

Now I am thinking that I could probably go to one of the existing low level armors and just retexture it to a white or silver color. But the Juhani outfit works for now. Persephone has not gotten far enough to where she can wear the Jedi Robes yet. So I am not sure what she will do at that point.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 4 2017, 01:44 AM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 3 2017, 07:25 PM) *

I modded the texture for one of the character heads, and created Persephone in Kotor 1. smile.gif

I spent a few hours trying to figure out what she would wear. All the low-tier armors are the wrong colors. The only white or silver ones are the 5th and final tier of armors. But as it turns out, they all make your character look... larger. Too larger for even me.

Finally I found this wearable Juhani clothing mod. One of the versions is white and black. But unfortunately that one only works on the Sentinel class. Persephone is a Soldier, who got a red and black version. So I copied the white and black version and replaced the soldier's version with it.

Now I am thinking that I could probably go to one of the existing low level armors and just retexture it to a white or silver color. But the Juhani outfit works for now. Persephone has not gotten far enough to where she can wear the Jedi Robes yet. So I am not sure what she will do at that point.

Yeah those low lvl armors are pretty fugly.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 4 2017, 01:44 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 4 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #83

Paladin
Group Icon

Yay, Persephone looks very much like the Force is with her!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 4 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 4 2017, 10:15 AM) *

Yay, Persephone looks very much like the Force is with her!

The Darkside of the force! evillol.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 4 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #85

Ancient
Group Icon

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 4 2017, 08:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 4 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #86

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 4 2017, 02:58 PM) *

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

Ah, Lord Sidious. Khajiit was hoping you'd turn up with some words of wisdom! tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 27 2018, 08:12 PM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

Fired up KotOR on GOG for the first ever today and Khajiit must say that it plays atrociously. It’s constantly crashing. sad.gif
Does anyone else have this game on GOG and actually have it running well?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 27 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #88

Ancient
Group Icon

I have the Gog versions of both Kotor I and II, and never had any crashes with either.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 27 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #89

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 27 2018, 03:57 PM) *

I have the Gog versions of both Kotor I and II, and never had any crashes with either.

What OS are you running?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 28 2018, 12:35 AM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 27 2018, 05:08 PM) *

What OS are you running?

Windows 7. I also use Flawless Widescreen to run it in 1920 x 1080. That can be a pain to get to work. But the actual game itself has always run fine for me, without having to do any tweaking.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 28 2018, 12:52 AM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 27 2018, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 27 2018, 05:08 PM) *

What OS are you running?

Windows 7. I also use Flawless Widescreen to run it in 1920 x 1080. That can be a pain to get to work. But the actual game itself has always run fine for me, without having to do any tweaking.

Well, Khajiit’s interwebz was down today and he hasn’t actually clicked on the KotOR section of the Galaxy library since he downloaded it a while ago, so it’s possible the game just needs an update. We found some other tricks to try if that ends up not being the case.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 28 2018, 07:38 AM
Post #92

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok so there wasn’t an update for it but Khajiit did alter the compatibility settings and it seems to be more stable so far. Fingers crossed.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 29 2018, 05:45 AM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

Is there a way to toggle the UI in KotOR?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 29 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

Well anyway, Khajiit got Universal Widescreen working for his machine so now we’ve got KotOR running well in widescreen. Will post some pics for our new character later.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 29 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #95

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 29 2018, 12:45 AM) *

Is there a way to toggle the UI in KotOR?

There is, but I forget what it is. I think it is CTRL + something. Or it could be Alt + something.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Crimson Paladin
post Aug 20 2018, 05:48 AM
Post #96

Retainer

I've been playing the Restored Content Mod for KotOR II. I also used KotOR Tool to add the Disguise effect to Mandalorian armors like KotOR I had. The lack of anything that actually covered your head in the game was a massive annoyance, and when I later played KotOR I for the first time and realized that armors could support disguise effects, I was determined to tackle this limitation.

--------------------
The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it;
the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it.
When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee,
beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate,
but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.
-The Hammer Book of Tenets
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 2 2020, 09:09 PM
Post #97

Ancient
Group Icon

Started a new character today. Xia Zheng, female scoundrel. Currently in the cantina on Taris about to brush off her pazak skills!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 2 2020, 09:18 PM
Post #98

Ancient
Group Icon

Cool! I have never done a Scoundrel/Jedi Councilor. I usually do the Scout/Sentinel, and have only done the Soldier/Guardian a few times.

My first play through I did as an Asian character. I forget her name now. I only have a few pics left. Sadly, I do not have any of her saves. That was multiple computers ago. sad.gif She was a dual wielding Sentinel, and wore the Xia Terashi armor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 2 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #99

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 2 2020, 03:18 PM) *

Cool! I have never done a Scoundrel/Jedi Councilor. I usually do the Scout/Sentinel, and have only done the Soldier/Guardian a few times.

My first play through I did as an Asian character. I forget her name now. I only have a few pics left. Sadly, I do not have any of her saves. That was multiple computers ago. sad.gif She was a dual wielding Sentinel, and wore the Xia Terashi armor.

I believe your character in the pic is using the same face my new character has, lol. Are you running mods in that pic?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 2 2020, 10:00 PM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 2 2020, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 2 2020, 03:18 PM) *

I believe your character in the pic is using the same face my new character has, lol. Are you running mods in that pic?

I have a ton of mods. Probably everything on the Kotor Nexus. Her armor also came with the short saber. Plus I have a mod that allows you more lightsaber color choices. I can't remember if the armor Carth is wearing is vanilla or modded. I think it might be a vanilla resource someone jazzed up with the glowing lights. I have a version of it for KOTOR 2 that the Zabrak engineer can wear, which really makes him awesome.

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:21 AM